Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
DJF, can you add your poison post to the OP?

Looking at that, if we're sitting on 11 successes banked, some Ideas we can tool around with:

-Immediate (0) Specific [squid/monkeymutants] (2) Contact(1) Gas(3) Paralytic(2) Toxic (3). Feed these into a batch of smoke grenades and call them "green stripes". If Paralytic triggers on them, they get to nap in the smoke and never wake up because it will kill them eventually.

-Immediate (0) Specific (2) Dissolution (3) Contact (1) Death (5). - If/when we find who or what is making these squidmutants, use doses of this to kill anything being held in a creation/breeding tank, poison their feeding tubes, ect.

-Immediate (0) Tailored (0) Contact (1) Degeneration (3) Crippling (2) Psyk-out (3) Toxic (2) - This would probably be the go to weapons/gun poison. Hit them with every other status effect in the list and laugh at them making a series of progressively more difficult toughness tests to keep from being jacked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I am the best/worst cop simultaneously.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Rowboat Girlyman sucks, you shoulda went with Lord Commander Solar Macharius.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he hasn't just returned with his Large Lads though, has he

anyway you'll probably successfully menace the drunk angry man, this was really just to put barbarigo in a mood where he's receptive to questions. so have a ponder on what you want to ask him, because he's certainly not going to come out with "gee! thanks for saving me! i wonder if cizneros sent you to ask about [noun]"

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
According to 8th ed, ratatouille gorillaman reaches the Throne of Terra and is given the Lord commander title in 41,999 (of which so many events happen because of internal inquisitorial infighting over which imperial calendar is correct), after which he goes cruising the galaxy for a century or so with the new Super space marines, kicking rear end and bringing a number of civil wars who an end. If we're at 42,300- something than he's been alive and rocking for a long as any regular human had been alive.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

whereas alexander the great has just been dead for yonks

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I like to think that we all just forgot that a Primarch crowned himself Emperor Jr. until just today.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

On the land, we've got a number of people we ought to interview.

-Seeing as how things are deeply connected to black market goods, it might be worthwhile for some of us to develop and open a channel with The Gull, the majordomo of most of the illicit activities in the docks area - he might be able to put us on the path to another major event if he isn't one already.

-We probably ought to reconnect with Gaius sooner rather than later - the spook seems to be either a by-product of some nefarious schemes or the means to an end - either way stepping on Gaius gets us further up the ladder in that direction.

-There was that psychic beacon that Gamma picked up that came from that Hepaticon-owned-Cizneros-developed building that we learned about from me and Gamma's outing to the Hepaticon crazytown bar.

I'm interested in exploring either of these two things but remember that Max is more of the Breaking and Entering type for finding out things. Put him in front of a person and he can really only default to bargaining with them (Commerce) or threatening their wellbeing (Intimidate) to get them to do anything. He's better off as a stealthy set of eyes and ears to get the lay of the land and then leave the actual contact making to someone else.

Which should I pursue?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
You could catch up with Aperta and Ignatius because they are going to try and investigate the Hepaticons when they are done with the mutants. Also even if you aren't trained in deception or charm or whatnot, you can still add to the conversation and throw assists to the people who do have those skills.

We don't have an inroad with Gaius yet. Presumably we're going to have to go through the Gull to get that information. That's probably going to be what my guy does in the next narrative day since I've got peer to help me chat up (fellow) criminals.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

break into the tower that gamma pinpointed

or, uh, ask for access

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

or, uh, ask for access

Not our style

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
kinda wanna try and get some tox rounds for the bolter to put anti-mutant goo in, would that work?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah. standard tox round acquisition and rules, only switch out Tox (1) with whatever toxin Ignatius comes up with

i still find it amusing that tox and inferno bolts are more common than standard. it's either to do with the diamantine tip, or some massive munitorum fuckup

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

yeah. standard tox round acquisition and rules, only switch out Tox (1) with whatever toxin Ignatius comes up with

i still find it amusing that tox and inferno bolts are more common than standard. it's either to do with the diamantine tip, or some massive munitorum fuckup

It's even funnier if you take a look at Enemies Within, the Condemnor, the bolter with the combi-crossbow, is more common than a regular bolter. It basically gives you a single shot accurate crossbow on top of the regular bolter gun. Takes an exotic proficiency though.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 17, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

nm I'm dumb

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wanted to take this time to say holy poo poo DJF you really have a ear for music and setting the mood for scenes. That song you put for my thing really just gives me the on-edge vibe from the get go.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
You know, one of us really ought to pick up Cover Up to start actively covering our tracks now, otherwise it's going to start getting harder and harder to work covertly. It'd probably be a good pick up for Ignatius or Gamma, since they both have the pre-requisite int and Ignatius has a fair spot of influence he can burn on smoothing things over.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I could take it. I probably won't be requisitioning much any more.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

You know, one of us really ought to pick up Cover Up to start actively covering our tracks now, otherwise it's going to start getting harder and harder to work covertly. It'd probably be a good pick up for Ignatius or Gamma, since they both have the pre-requisite int and Ignatius has a fair spot of influence he can burn on smoothing things over.

I'll take it next time we get exp and just tank my influence. I don't give a poo poo if Max has any tbqh, because he's the B&E guy and he's the cleaner. Just make sure someone else in the cell keeps him supplied with goodies and I'll keep our subtlety up.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I just reminded myself: Did we ever examine the brain implants that Cizneros had to see if we could gleam anything from it?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bit like examining a jet engine when you want to examine the black box

you've still got a dump of her personal cogitator and files though that remains unexamined

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Stuck in a tower with a heretical eldritch device and you don't have any demolition charges, grenades, or even lasgun packs to rig an explosive.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Skellybones posted:

Stuck in a tower with a heretical eldritch device and you don't have any demolition charges, grenades, or even lasgun packs to rig an explosive.

Man yeah, that would have been a great idea. Rig a melta charge inside of the gizmo that was set to go off whenever it was activated again.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Leperflesh do that thing were your character makes words good.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sorry, I was doing fathers' day stuff all weekend. I'll try to post today.

Also, Cover Up is on my cheat sheet of "levelup stuff I'll probably take". It's 450xp for me: I've saved some from this levelup intending to either take Cover Up or Swift Attack next time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

swift attack is p good with a Shocking weapon; more chance to shock!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sup apparently I thought we had way less fatepoints in this game then we actually do. I actually have 4 total to work with and we got one left if I FP this natural 100 awareness. Lets do that please.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes they refresh when you get xp chunks

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Is there a back door I can exit out of without raising a fuss, or do I need to walk past the enforcer whilst making Zoidberg whooping noises?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 20, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can go out the back door, which leads to a very narrow walkway sandwiched between two lines of buildings

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I made a post!

Ignatius will do some sweet talking after Aperta has a chance to ham things up a bit and make everyone nervous.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
RIP our GM.

He mod-sassed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
DS are you asking Gamma for her opinion on Barbaragio or on me?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Fair point, edited my post.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
going to suggest that we nick the last issue of the minutes so we can track down the rest of the historical society. i'll put gamma down as having done it on barry's instruction.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do you have any specific reason to do so or is this just thrill-seeking kleptomania in action, trying to nick stuff as the cops show up?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Yeah, I was trying to wonder myself what exactly it was you were nicking and why it was important. :v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It sounds like he wants to find out who all the members of the "historical society" are so we can track them down, but I think it's probably a red herring.

Also I bet the shopkeeper would just tell us if we asked. And if you're not done talking to him, just hang around in the alley till the cops leave and then you can go back in.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If I know anything about us it's that there's no bad idea we won't try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im super pissed that max randomly blundered into what was supposed to be a thing-what-happens-in-the-background-on-a-timer-because-you-didn't-investigate-the-tower-in-time. i legit was not expecting a "hey cool i'll go break in in the middle of the day"

we shall see if the other timed events get randomly blundered into

• Locked thread