Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
And you are positive your opponent hadn't passed and you had cards in your deck? Avallac'h is a clash effect, so neither player can pass for his effect to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Relentlessboredomm posted:

What the hell. Had two straight games where Avallach only triggered once. When I re-played him it didn't draw cards. loving bugs robbed me of both matches.

I feel like when people make posts like these there's a 10% chance it was actually a bug versus not understanding the card. Kinda like the earlier guy who was "robbed" of a keg by the daily reset that occurs the same time every day and with a countdown timer he claimed didn't exist

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ShowTime posted:

And you are positive your opponent hadn't passed and you had cards in your deck? Avallac'h is a clash effect, so neither player can pass for his effect to work.

:doh:

I keep loving the small details up, drat.

On the plus side I managed a Letho/Dimeterium bomb combo and it was beautiful.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Magic Underwear posted:

Is there any counter to this morkvarg axemen bear cancer deck that isn't completely poo poo against everything else? Locks are minimally useful since resurrected units inexplicably get unlocked (even though they show as locked in the graveyard?) When the fourth axeman and second biting frost come out I sort of run out of answers.

Yeah, I honestly think cards should stay locked even if they are revived, if I have to spend a whole card locking your dumbshit bear that still leaves you with 6 points on the board, you should have to spend one to unlock it. Especially considering every single one of those decks runs Morkvarg, who you also basically have to lock.

The only way to really shut them down is to play a bunch of reactive cards that are a) dead against other matchups and b) leave you a card down with no bodies on the board, and they have like 4 or 5 different ways to get them back anyway.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Yesterday i got home with 1 hour left on the daily timer and i was at 5/6 when there was 1 minute before reset so i just conceded in the third round and got my daily done in time. That's a pretty advanced tactic for you from a rank 16 player like myself. Although i was considering not doing that and just losing the keg considering i had to forfeit against a lovely NR deck that was playing Dun Banner Light Cavalry from his hand.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I get that Nilfgaard was the hot poo poo last patch and the golems especially were out of control, but I'm not getting why so many other cards for Nilfgaard had their power values reduced. Outside of the Impera Brigades and Tibor the whole faction is surprisingly weak in power and boost potential. So often my matches fall apart in the third round just because there are surprisingly few cards that bring power to the table. Lots of tricks and spies and cow carcasses, sure, but it's really drat hard to squeak out a win with those in a straight slugging match.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Subvisual Haze posted:

I get that Nilfgaard was the hot poo poo last patch and the golems especially were out of control, but I'm not getting why so many other cards for Nilfgaard had their power values reduced. Outside of the Impera Brigades and Tibor the whole faction is surprisingly weak in power and boost potential. So often my matches fall apart in the third round just because there are surprisingly few cards that bring power to the table. Lots of tricks and spies and cow carcasses, sure, but it's really drat hard to squeak out a win with those in a straight slugging match.

Yup, this keeps happening to me, but gently caress if I don't love playing spies, cows, and Letho/Dimeritium bomb. It's just a good time.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Yup, this keeps happening to me, but gently caress if I don't love playing spies, cows, and Letho/Dimeritium bomb. It's just a good time.

It really is such a fun and goofy faction. So many of the other common decks feel so auto-pilot in how they play out. The number of matches I'm losing by 1-5 points is getting depressing though.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

God drat I hate this mulligan system so much.

Opening hand, 2 crones. Throw one back, draw the other crone. Game two, toss a crone, draw the other crone. Frightener, draw the third crone. :suicide:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Alba Pikemen at the end of 6 turns can give you 15 points and thin your deck by 2. Meanwhile "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH ALL TOGETHER NOW" is 98% of times a 15-21 point swing in one turn and thins your deck by 2.

Hmmmmmmmm

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I've been running a NG reveal deck which can get a lot of power out of it's spotters in the final round. Golems are still really good for deck thinning but I'm thinking about switching them out for more knights or maybe a quen to protect my mangonels.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electronico6 posted:

Alba Pikemen at the end of 6 turns can give you 15 points and thin your deck by 2. Meanwhile "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH ALL TOGETHER NOW" is 98% of times a 15-21 point swing in one turn and thins your deck by 2.

Hmmmmmmmm

The shieldmaidens are somewhat conditional since they need a unit to be damaged(though with bear meta it's not that hard). They should probably lose Veteran or a few points of strength though.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Subvisual Haze posted:

It really is such a fun and goofy faction. So many of the other common decks feel so auto-pilot in how they play out. The number of matches I'm losing by 1-5 points is getting depressing though.

I know but the matches where it sings are loving incredible. I just absolutely wrecked this skellige deck. He played Avallach in the first round and so did I and then he let me win the 1st round by 1 point so I went into the second round with loving everything.

I played so many spies plus cows my impera brigade were 25 and 24 respectively and then I used Fringilla to duplicate the 24 over plus I managed an 60 pt Letho/Dimeritium bomb combo. When I passed with 1 card left it was 145 to 36. :lol:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Just got a rage quit off of a dumb and super risky chain of plays. They dropped Tibor in Game 3 and my hand was poo poo, so I shackled him, played Ge'els for a 50/50 shot at Igni (got it), burned him down, then revived him with Caretaker. That was basically the only way I could have possibly won, and it depended on a coin flip + him not having a way to revive his own unit in hand (I was honestly shocked that he didn't).

It's nice being on the good side of a hail mary bullshit win for once.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

RatHat posted:

The shieldmaidens are somewhat conditional since they need a unit to be damaged(though with bear meta it's not that hard). They should probably lose Veteran or a few points of strength though.

It's not a big condition when it's part of a faction that can do pings easy. Outside of Bear you have Hunter, Archer, Coral, Blueboy Lugos, Birna, War Longship, Harald. Then you also have weather effects with Gremist, and the neutral weather effects. ´

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I keep forgetting Regis: Higher Vampire doesn't banish the units he consumes so it's pointless to eat stuff that revives like Foglets or Queensguard.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

RatHat posted:

I keep forgetting Regis: Higher Vampire doesn't banish the units he consumes so it's pointless to eat stuff that revives like Foglets or Queensguard.

He is still really good, especially in the current meta where people like to run units like Dol Blathana Protector, Spotter and Pirate Captain. Sometimes you can get him up to 20 strength and deny them a powerful piece of their combo.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

I know but the matches where it sings are loving incredible. I just absolutely wrecked this skellige deck. He played Avallach in the first round and so did I and then he let me win the 1st round by 1 point so I went into the second round with loving everything.

I played so many spies plus cows my impera brigade were 25 and 24 respectively and then I used Fringilla to duplicate the 24 over plus I managed an 60 pt Letho/Dimeritium bomb combo. When I passed with 1 card left it was 145 to 36. :lol:

I haven't really tried out Fringilla yet. Can she copy the value of a gold card unto a non-gold card (put Tibor on her left and a weak card on her right = 23 strength card on the right)? I'm always kind of hazy on how gold cards work to be honest.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I believe nothing can affect golds unless explicitly stated like shackles.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I believe nothing can affect golds unless explicitly stated like shackles.

Yeah, I'm not trying to affect the gold card, but copy it's value. Sometimes that works, like Cynthia can boost her own value by the value of a gold card. I kind of assumed it wouldn't work though.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Subvisual Haze posted:

Yeah, I'm not trying to affect the gold card, but copy it's value. Sometimes that works, like Cynthia can boost her own value by the value of a gold card. I kind of assumed it wouldn't work though.

Cynthia does read (including golds), I don't know if there's any exception that doesn't have this.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Yeah, finally got a match to try it out and Fringilla can't copy a gold. Oh well.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I feel like one possible way to help balance out bears (aside from making lock carry over to revived units) would be to make reviving units like Sigdrifa give the unit Doomed too. Really the most oppressive thing about bears is that you can just keep pulling them back out of the graveyard forever, so instead of dealing with 3 of them, it's more like 5-6.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ShowTime posted:

He is still really good, especially in the current meta where people like to run units like Dol Blathana Protector, Spotter and Pirate Captain. Sometimes you can get him up to 20 strength and deny them a powerful piece of their combo.

I wonder if it's worth swapping Coral for Regis:Vamp in my Panda Bears deck to gently caress with decks that rely on bronze unit synergy

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Subvisual Haze posted:

Yeah, finally got a match to try it out and Fringilla can't copy a gold. Oh well.

Fringilla won't work on golds but she's great especially if you run spies because you position a spy to the left of their highest non-gold unit and use her to reset that high unit's value or you can use it on your side. She's flexible and amazing. It's a great card.

I'll also position the cows that the cow guys throw to the left of their highest unit and then the turn before it kills the lowest unit I use Fringilla to gently caress them.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I just voted the gwent thread a 1 in revenge for lifecoach being alive. Enjoy your time playing Gwant.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

I just voted the gwent thread a 1 in revenge for lifecoach being alive. Enjoy your time playing Gwant.

Friendo this is a thread for disgruntled HS players not happy HS koolaid drinkers

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Why is there not a taunt for "oh my God, why are you so loving slow"

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Subvisual Haze posted:

reminder that this is still an open beta

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Subvisual Haze posted:

because that would be spammed all the time, regardless of if it was appropriate or not.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

Dude

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Arrrthritis posted:

because that would be spammed all the time, regardless of if it was appropriate or not.

True enough. I do wish there were general "good luck" type comments, but those would probably be taken sarcastically anyways.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Subvisual Haze posted:

True enough. I do wish there were general "good luck" type comments, but those would probably be taken sarcastically anyways.

The "Hello" HS emote tilts me because I am a raging salt baby :v:

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Kawabata posted:

reminder that this is still an open beta

Is this to say "the game is still new and not released, people who have never seen any cards are gonna be slow" or "the game is currently full of serious players trying to get in on ground floor, it'll be worse when it releases"?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Dunno whether to go for Triss Butterfly or Yenn Conjurer first? Am progressing my way through gold cards and both seem good!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Fringilla won't work on golds but she's great especially if you run spies because you position a spy to the left of their highest non-gold unit and use her to reset that high unit's value or you can use it on your side. She's flexible and amazing. It's a great card.

I'll also position the cows that the cow guys throw to the left of their highest unit and then the turn before it kills the lowest unit I use Fringilla to gently caress them.

What silver are you cutting for Fringilla with Letho and D-bomb combo? Peter or Auckes?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The emote i miss the most is "Wow". I just want to give a sarcastic wow when my opponent does his big play combo and still can't win off it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Electronico6 posted:

What silver are you cutting for Fringilla with Letho and D-bomb combo? Peter or Auckes?

Neither, but only because I don't have more NG silvers yet. I'll probably cut Peter for Cantarella when I get it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Anyone else get a popup to restart the game to download the latest info? I verified my game and got a 53mb patch but there's no info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Neither, but only because I don't have more NG silvers yet. I'll probably cut Peter for Cantarella when I get it.
Cutting Peter with all the axemen around seems crazy...