Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty much the best possible result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

goatface posted:

Pretty much the best possible result.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Pakistan's bowling has been superb since the first game. 219 runs conceded against South Africa, 236 against Sri Lanka, 211 against England and now 158 against India. No team in the world would be the favourite trying to defend any of those scores.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
are there heaps of indians melting down on social media?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gay picnic defence posted:

All the bats of Sachin etc.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Assume Pakinstani great Sachin Tendulkar scored 140*?

gently caress India

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I haven't checked the comments sections in ESPN Cricinfo but I bet it is full of Indians melting down.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

You Am I posted:

I haven't checked the comments sections in ESPN Cricinfo but I bet it is full of Indians melting down.

Since I started watching cricket my dream was to see India beating Pakistan in a world cup final. When I realized both India and Pakistan wouldn't make it in to the same world cup final at least I wanted India to beat Pakistan in a big ICC tournament's final. I thought my dream would come true today. Never thought it would be such a nightmare.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

EMC posted:

Since I started watching cricket my dream was to see India beating Pakistan in a world cup final. When I realized both India and Pakistan wouldn't make it in to the same world cup final at least I wanted India to beat Pakistan in a big ICC tournament's final. I thought my dream would come true today. Never thought it would be such a nightmare.

:emo:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

half of r/cricket is demanding MS Dhoni replace Kohli as captain, the other half is playing "Dil Dil Pakistan" on repeat

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Good lord what a dismal display from the Proteas. Just awful.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

England are swimming in keeper/batsmen these days. Ben Foakes should be pissed off that he wasn't born 15 years earlier. Might turn out to be this generation's James Foster.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
It's okay New Zealand, your nightmare is over. Ronchi has retired.

Along with the underarm incident, this was one of Australia's greatest trolls against NZ cricket

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Indian police have arrested 19 people for chanting "Pakistan Zindabad". They could be imprisoned for life for sedition. kohli is a true representative of india

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

EmotionlessThug posted:

Indian police have arrested 19 people for chanting "Pakistan Zindabad". They could be imprisoned for life for sedition. kohli is a true representative of india

What a cool and good country

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Afghanistan and Ireland will join the ranks of full Test-playing nations after confirmation from the International Cricket Council's conference in Dubai.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Scylo posted:

Afghanistan and Ireland will join the ranks of full Test-playing nations after confirmation from the International Cricket Council's conference in Dubai.

:woop: loving finally

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Smorgasbord posted:

What a cool and good country

At one point there was a law where if someone asked you in parliament you had to shout "Victory To Mother India!" or you got forcibly removed from the chamber

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Scylo posted:

Holy poo poo the ICC does something cool as gently caress.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
With funding and support and the other bigger nations actually willing to play them, Afghanistan will eventually be a good test team. Like happened with Sri Lanka, it may take them 15 years or so to get there but I think they'll be a strong addition.

Ireland however I'm not sure won't just end up perennially massive underdogs. They don't have the population, nor the tradition and the facilities and cricket is still only marginally popular there too. I fear that they've already had their 'golden generation' about five years ago and the opportunity was missed.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Ireland's entire first class competition consists of three teams as Munster and Connacht don't send teams. Now if one of those two could send a side or maybe make it six sides, you might have a country capable of producing a very average test side

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Half of county cricket just signed up to ancestry.com to find out if they can wangle an Irish passport

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Lionel Richie posted:

Half of county cricket just signed up to ancestry.com to find out if they can wangle an Irish passport

or that

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Are they going to get Jack Charlton to coach the team?

Who is going to be the Tony Cascarino that lies about having an Irish granny and no-one bothers to check.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

tanglewood1420 posted:

Are they going to get Jack Charlton to coach the team?

Who is going to be the Tony Cascarino that lies about having an Irish granny and no-one bothers to check.

Bairstow or Stokes, they're both ginger enough to qualify without anyone asking

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pietersen would be in his element doing that sort of thing, strutting around a good bunch of lads like a peacock, giving out all manner of advice on cricket and life in general. He'd invite them to his small holding to see his conservation work no doubt. You heff to see the sunset in Kruger, buddy.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Can't wait to see Australia underestimate Afghanistan and get smashed in the UAE

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Shmoses posted:

Can't wait to see Australia underestimate Afghanistan and get smashed in the UAE

Given how long it took them to play a game in Dhaka, I wouldn't hold your breath.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Is the team whole Ireland or ROI?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

Is the team whole Ireland or ROI?

whole Ireland like in the rugby I believe

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Blowers is retiring from TMS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eNLisnh4AY

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
If you could combine the advantages Ireland has (first world country. Good possible facilities) with the advantages Afghanistan has (huge population and cricket is the most popular sport) a potentially good side could be made.

Shame the weaknesses are such a problem but heck they both couldn't do much more. Just gotta chuck teams in

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Can someone represent different nations in different formats at roughly the same time?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Cricket in Afghanistan is one of the few bright spots that sad war blasted country has and I'm so loving delighted they got test status. Even just for the fact everyone puts down their guns to watch the national side - but more so they clearly have a godawful load of potential as a cricket playing nation out of it seems nowhere. I cant wait to see Afghanistan play their Test no 1... against India or Bangledesh maybe?

It's pretty obvious Ireland will play England first and will get smashed but gently caress it, it's great to see them finally get their highly well earned reward.

Oh and the ICC told the corrupt clowns of the USACA to gently caress off. Thats like two good decsions announced today, what the hell is going on?

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Could someone please post cynically about this being a calculated move to maximise Englastraliazealindiafricastan tests and to relegate Lankawindybabwedesh to supreme irrelevance because 12 is divisible into 6 and 6? TIA.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
South Africa continues to disappoint - at least 30 short :(

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

runoverbobby posted:

Could someone please post cynically about this being a calculated move to maximise Englastraliazealindiafricastan tests and to relegate Lankawindybabwedesh to supreme irrelevance because 12 is divisible into 6 and 6? TIA.

10 goes into 5 and 5. India would cheerfully put Pakistan in the bottom set.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Out, obstructing the field, after review.

Classy appeal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

goatface posted:

10 goes into 5 and 5. India would cheerfully put Pakistan in the bottom set.

India would cheerfully carpet bomb the home country of Tendulkar until it was nothing but ash and chipped stone, and pretend they'd never existed at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Morris seems like a oval office, he was having a right go at Livingstone after the very first ball.

e: hahaha that appeal. cuntishness confirmed

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 23, 2017