Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What accounts did he have? What deals did he make? This industry survives on new business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Uhhh

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

wat

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I don't give a gently caress what colonel sanders did except make chicken and die.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Pretty sure Cooper was mentally disabled and the agency just gets a tax break for "employing" students from the city's adult school.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
He put up the money required to found the firm. That's basically it. He went in to feel like he was doing something, but he's mostly just rent-seeking capital.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Old business is old business and new business is new business and we do not discuss new business until next quarter.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
What did Cooper do when London took over?

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Is this a hirrasic park thread. I vote trex.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

think he was Keeper of the Anime or something?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

He was the resident Objectivist and also Roger's therapist

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Pretty sure he mostly just hung out in his office jacking off to hentai.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

He did nothing, OP (except supply money)

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

He was the moral center for all the rich white people, reminding them of what truly matters in life: money.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Cnut the Great posted:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

his seven business herbs and spices enriched the company

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

He did it all

Greased the shaft, squeezed berries, worked the pipe, swallowed the gravy

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At one point Harry Crane states to Cooper that "you were me," implying he was the firm's media buyer at some point.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Cnut the Great posted:

He was an astronaut

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
he was the bastard father of forums user oxballs dot com

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
he sat around all day not working and sexually harassed women. They couldn't fire him because he had dirt (or as the russians call it, kompromat) on the CEO

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I know he hosed that old broad who died at her desk. That's something.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
What did Dale no balls Cooper do in the drat bureau?

What cases did he have? What arrests did he make? This is some drat good coffee.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

(Nothing) Hangin' With Mr. Cooper

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Universe Master posted:

He was the moral center for all the rich white people, reminding them of what truly matters in life: money.

He was also a firm Objectivist and promoted Ayn Rand's books once or twice.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A good bit of the later seasons, especially 6 and the first part of 7, address his general uselessness in the company (similar to the story arc Roger and even Pete had earlier).

Within the show he was just old money and the man who ran things with the most of his money invested in the company. Mostly a figure head but a partner none the less.

Metaphorically he was a moral guidepost and model for the objectivism Don sought in his business life. As the show goes on and the company undergoes different business models, his position both within the company and within the story itself becomes more unclear; which is symbolic both with the changing times of the era and Don's ever worsening identity crisis.

Hope this actually helps.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

facebook jihad posted:

A good bit of the later seasons, especially 6 and the first part of 7, address his general uselessness in the company (similar to the story arc Roger and even Pete had earlier).

Within the show he was just old money and the man who ran things with the most of his money invested in the company. Mostly a figure head but a partner none the less.

Metaphorically he was a moral guidepost and model for the objectivism Don sought in his business life. As the show goes on and the company undergoes different business models, his position both within the company and within the story itself becomes more unclear; which is symbolic both with the changing times of the era and Don's ever worsening identity crisis.

Hope this actually helps.

His attitudes wrt race were a big sign of this. He wasn't an in-your-face racist like most movies and TV shows that depict the period to be, but he's still very much like a lot of people these days.

I mean, at one point he says that "they got their civil rights. What more do they want?"

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There was also the one where his butthurt over Dawn being put at reception led to her being promoted

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Mameluke posted:

There was also the one where his butthurt over Dawn being put at reception led to her being promoted

Didn't he try to pull it off as, "I don't have a problem with it, but others will, and since this is a business..."?

That's what I loved about the show. That type of subtle racism that still exists is way more realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah he said people could see her from the elevator.

• Locked thread