Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
honestly idk how people can say I'm scum when dr.hurt had been spending the entire game calling me a dumbfuck and invalidating everything I say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Kasumeat posted:

I think he's saying that Chaos is stating the obvious and expressing his frustration over the fact that Chaos is not being lynched

Okay, I think I just misread it or something.

So yeah CL seems a prime suspect. ##vote chaoslord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, that's the point. he's saying completely obvious comments.

It's like I make one giant posts going "idk about anyone's alignments and I can't scumread at all but I can definitely tell you that TMM is definitely town." Like no poo poo?

And yet you're not voting me :iiam:

Anyone, getting on flight 2 now, gonna do this for the time being

##vote kasu

See everyone after I land in mumbles

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lol ok

##vote ChaosLord

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Leaving my vote where it is for now but notice that TM didn't vote me earlier even though apparently my post was so bad it made him scream and then he came back to explain his post and still didn't vote me.

Airplane mode!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
and what conclusions can you make out of that?

lol at this low effort push. ERRR THIS GUY DIDNT IMMEDIATELY VOTE ME THATS BAD NEWS

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I loved that CL's argument wasn't anything defending about his bland rear end post but is to immediately deflect the situation and attack me. Even he knows that his post was irredeemably terrible.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I didn't realize ninth is dead. :( Phone posting in a Mafia game is way harder than it sounds.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Ernie. posted:

I didn't realize ninth is dead. :( Phone posting in a Mafia game is way harder than it sounds.

Ignore me for a sec, even if you believe I am the worst scummy fucker in the history of Earth, there must be other scum about, who would that be to you?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Raeg posted:

Ignore me for a sec, even if you believe I am the worst scummy fucker in the history of Earth, there must be other scum about, who would that be to you?

Probably Tired Moritz and/or Sandwolf.

It's hard to be invested when (a) i thought my claiming would go differently and (b) i feel like my casing of you isn't even taken into account by a majority of the thread particularly because of (a).

What I thought about Moritz D1 makes me feel iffy now because the self-conscious play almost feels cautiously decided so he doesn't ruffle too many feathers.

Sandwolf on the other hand is very bullish which feels like it comes from somewhere that's not actually scumhunting, but from having a secret plan.

Chaoslord is definitely not the right lunch because scum wouldn't put themselves in a position where it looks like their input is worthless/meaningless after they flip. Scum have an agenda and always try to at least subtly nudge the thread in one direction or another. Chaos just seems like he's reflecting the mood of the thread back at it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I just don't see Chaos as the right choice today. I really think it's Sandwolf, but I'd also vote for Kasu. I really do think one of the two votes on me is scum.

And Ernie, I'm curious, what kind of reaction were you expecting when you claimed?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

TMMadman posted:

And Ernie, I'm curious, what kind of reaction were you expecting when you claimed?

i dunno i really hoped it would be 'okay, give us all your reads asap and we'll let you live'. naive i know, but that's really what i wanted.

in my head i'd done some incredibly bad math that wasting a lunch day on me would just lead to a power-role being offed, that it's not an even trade.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Cl can literally murder someone in this thread and you guys would ignore it. loving goddamn.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

and what conclusions can you make out of that?

lol at this low effort push. ERRR THIS GUY DIDNT IMMEDIATELY VOTE ME THATS BAD NEWS

I mean if you really, truly believed I was scum that made an absolutely terrible post wouldn't you vote it?

So the conclusion is that you don't actually believe it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

Cl can literally murder someone in this thread and you guys would ignore it. loving goddamn.

They're just good at mafia :v:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Anyway, I know Kasu said he'd be busy but I still was hoping he'd be around to react to the vote I put on him.

##vote sandwolf

Case is fine and from a mechanical standpoint I don't think sandwolf is someone that can be brought to lylo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

chaoslord posted:

I mean if you really, truly believed I was scum that made an absolutely terrible post wouldn't you vote it?

So the conclusion is that you don't actually believe it.

I don't throw votes around early because I hate dicking around with bolding and voting. Hell, I once died D1 because I was bitching about people throwing votes around. This conclusion is dumb and also makes no sense.

Also why the gently caress are people taking the opinions of a self-proclaimed THIRD PARTY seriously? whhhy

killing sandwolf is fine because lurkers are scum/active town liability too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tired, I think you need to relax if you are actually town.

Yes, Chaos might be scum, but do you think he's really the better option over one of Kasu/Sandwolf?

There are four groups of people right now: Kasu/Sandwolf, Chaos/Tired/Hal, Raeg/Circl, Ernie/TMM. The first group didn't vote for flipped scum Hurt, the second group did vote for Hurt, Raeg(off Hurt)/Circl(on Hurt) have both claimed roles that likely make them NK targets, and Ernie (3P/not town) and I (town) have known alignments. So the only good lynch targets are from the first two groups today and I think the group that didn't vote Hurt is the best chance.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I believe that CL is just as valid as an option as Sandwolf.

I just don't want people to blank out and ignore CL. A lot of people are basically ignoring him.

I rather kill CL > Sandwolf > Ernie >>> Kasu and I know you're going to say that CL voted Dr. Hurt but it's not like hammering someone is a towntell. I think it's very naive and wrong if we fall into this fallacy that just because those people didn't vote for Dr. Hurt that it means that they're scum.

like srsly the scum team has to be CL+Sandwolf+Dr.Hurt. They're not even like trying at all.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The more time goes by without Sandwolf showing up in the thread, the more I'm okay with lynching them despite the go-nowhere report.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

The more time goes by without Sandwolf showing up in the thread, the more I'm okay with lynching them despite the go-nowhere report.

I'm not overly concerned about Sandwolf not moving at night because with a flipped watcher and a claimed tracker (you), scum almost certainly have a ninja to avoid those roles.

Since we haven't had anyone claim to be roleblocked, I'm thinking the scum team was a goon, a ninja and a godfather since we had a cop flip and Raeg said he gets a 1x cop.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Anyway, I know Kasu said he'd be busy but I still was hoping he'd be around to react to the vote I put on him.

##vote sandwolf

Case is fine and from a mechanical standpoint I don't think sandwolf is someone that can be brought to lylo

It's a little off putting to decide to just move your vote without ever waiting for the reaction you had been hoping for. This feels scummy and opportunistic.

It would be an odd move to do this if both chaos and sandwolf were scum though

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Since we haven't had anyone claim to be roleblocked, I'm thinking the scum team was a goon, a ninja and a godfather since we had a cop flip and Raeg said he gets a 1x cop.

Is goon a role or just a vanilla scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

Is goon a role or just a vanilla scum?

Goon is just vanilla scum.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's a little off putting to decide to just move your vote without ever waiting for the reaction you had been hoping for. This feels scummy and opportunistic.

It would be an odd move to do this if both chaos and sandwolf were scum though

This is a fair criticism but I was unsure if I would have much posting time today so I moved it. I feel somewhat vindicated in that decision since Kasu hasn't been back yet.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
OK, should finally have some time to post today.

chaoslord posted:

Content gamed with an unpopular opinion (he said he'd vig ernie for the first vote in the game which was a joke vote - TMM wasn't sure it was a joke vote, but saying something like that early on is going to get folks to look at you and is completely avoidable as scum), and we've agreed on what I would call the high points of the game for the most part. Obviously, I can be wrong, but I know I'm town and how I see the game so when I see someone who agrees with me a good amount on the big picture items, I tend to think they're town.

So his response to "why is TMM town (before getting confirmed)" is essentially he's too scummy to be scum and then some vague non-answer of "we agree on the big picture". Chaos was literally the only player in the game townreading TMM at this point. Townreading a player this scummy isn't something a townie does, it's something scum do to look good after a flip. Inf was so sure of TMM being scum he risked his life to try to kill TMM, yet he was a townread for you???

chaoslord posted:

I would not particularly call any of my reads strong at this point, ha, so I'll just walk you through where I am on everyone. Raeg and Moritz are the only players I'm really reading as scum but I'm rapidly losing confidence in those cases for various reasons. Well, moreso the Raeg than the Moritz one. So I guess it's Moritz 1 and Raeg 2 as my strongest reads, but at the moment I could not push them with full confidence.

I still don't like that you dodged the content game early on but I haven't really been pinged by anything from you since then.

I see what TMM sees on the Sandwolf, but I know I was also of the attitude "well hell this day's vote is definitely going to be AS" so I'm not particularly convinced that's a scumpinion from sandwolf. I have a couple of flights today though that should give me some time to think it over and if I'm lucky there will be some in flight wifi to do some reading. On the other hand there's also the mechanical/numbers side to "How long will he be gone on his trip?", but that is a separate conversation from "Is he scum?"

Hal I'm just a big fat :shrug: on

Circl and TMM are town, Ernie is not.

And now look at this poo poo. Look at it. Literally every read he expresses is either "X is my strongest read, but it's not strong at all" or "these players have their alignments confirmed". This is an awful lot of words to commit to giving exactly zero reads.

chaoslord posted:

##vote sandwolf

Hal already touched at the opportunism here, but look at this loving language. "Fine from a mechanical standpoint." "Someone that [can't] be brought to lylo." Ask yourself, does this sound like an unsure townie who nonetheless is voting their strongest read? Or scum who is trying to distance himself from his vote on a player? I've been townreading Sand most of the game. His absence and TMM's "flip" was giving me pause, but with Chaos making this scummy loving push, I'm pretty loving confident he's town.

##vote chaos

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Do you guys genuinely think that CL hammering makes him more townie? From my experience, hammering tends to be an null-tell, since scum always want to hammer so they can get more towncred.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised that CL wasn't going to hammer until TMM made that post saying he'll be suspicious of him if he didn't.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So I'm now at -2 with one of the folks not voting, Hal, having said they think I am scummy. We are about to go back in from lunch so I'm back to being unsure of my ability to post for a while. I'll go ahead and claim so that those of y'all who are around can figure out what to do with it.

I am Tim Howard, goalkeeper, Doctor.

N1: Self
N2: TMM
N3: TNL

"Now wait a minute chaos, TNL died n3." Yes, I'm very aware of that. Taste said my action was successful all the same. The conclusion to me means either juggernaut kill or scum/sk both targeted tnl and taste decided the doc was good for 1 kill only. I'm leaning towards the former. The TMM doc may explain the missing kill night 2, but scum may just have had a version of a JOAT all the same.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Hmmm... two goalkeepers.

I still want to keep to Sandwolf for today tbh.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So one of Circl, Kasumeat or Tired is scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
TMM... really? You must the most gullible person in the world.

Doc claim sounds like bullshit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raeg posted:

Hmmm... two goalkeepers.

I still want to keep to Sandwolf for today tbh.

Who else was a goalkeeper?

And regardless, soccer teams always carry two goalkeepers. So I'm not that worried about CLs claim.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just want to emphasize that TMM saw someone admit that they visited someone that's dead, claimed that they're doc, and immediately went "yup this makes sense there's no way this is a fake claim at all".

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

TMM... really? You must the most gullible person in the world.

Doc claim sounds like bullshit.

How does it sound like bullshit? Do you not think there is a doctor in this game? Are you counterclaiming chaos?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

I just want to emphasize that TMM saw someone admit that they visited someone that's dead, claimed that they're doc, and immediately went "yup this makes sense there's no way this is a fake claim at all".

The claimed tracker already gave his results. Why in the world would a scum Chaos come out and say, 'I'm at -2, but I'm the doctor and I visited the NK?'

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##unvote for now while I think

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
We have a watcher/tracker/cop/2 town masons and now we're being told that they're a doc. come on. how many power roles do we have in this 16 player game?

TMMadman posted:

The claimed tracker already gave his results. Why in the world would a scum Chaos come out and say, 'I'm at -2, but I'm the doctor and I visited the NK?'

maybe it's a gambit? You were willing to push Infinitum, why are you so willing to believe ChaosLord's claim? There's absolutely no proof that he's a doctor. Had you never played a game where scum claimed that they're a doc to stop from being lynched? It's like mafia 101.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Who else was a goalkeeper?

And regardless, soccer teams always carry two goalkeepers. So I'm not that worried about CLs claim.

I thought that mind have been the case. The other one was Gulag but at the time I thought goalkeeper being VT was weird.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

So we have:

Inf: Confirmed Mason
AS: Confirmed Mason
TNL: Confirmed Tracker
Jam: Confirmed Cop

Raeg: Claimed JOAT-like role
Circle: Claimed Tracker
and now
Chaos: Claimed Doc

And the flipped scum is a Goon. There is no way all of these claims are real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So Tired are you scum with Sandwolf? Are you a frustrated SK whose kills keep getting blocked? Or maybe that missing vig and you didn't want to admit it because you killed Jam?

• Locked thread