Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
PC thread people drive like this

Console thread people drive like this

http://i.imgur.com/ot4V36b.gifv

THE BIG DOG DADDY fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
XIM got :getin:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Happy 1 month til destiny 2 beta!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

PC thread people drive like this

Console thread people drive like this

http://i.imgur.com/ot4V36b.gifv

Ownz

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

what is this from?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

JacksLibido posted:

what is this from?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If any of you have NOt seen Grimsby (The Brothers Grimsby in the US) do yourself a favor and watch it immediately lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah two dudes stopping rockets with their assholes is like, ohhhh, the......third most offensive scene in that move? Maybe fourth?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Think I got a bad XIM... fuckin controls completely freeze up every couple of minutes and I have to unplug the dongle to get it working again. Feels really really loving nice when it does work though. Makes me think of Oprah. "You get a headshot, you get a headshot, YOU get a headshot!!" Hand cannons feel particularly amazing. I've been using Hawkmoon since a couple weeks into vanilla, and it has always felt a little heavy on recoil, but it's not even an issue with a mouse.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

the good fax machine posted:

Think I got a bad XIM... fuckin controls completely freeze up every couple of minutes and I have to unplug the dongle to get it working again. Feels really really loving nice when it does work though. Makes me think of Oprah. "You get a headshot, you get a headshot, YOU get a headshot!!" Hand cannons feel particularly amazing. I've been using Hawkmoon since a couple weeks into vanilla, and it has always felt a little heavy on recoil, but it's not even an issue with a mouse.

Is your controller fully chared? You running latest firmware? You don't have a head set plugged into the controller or anything else dumb that could gently caress woth the power?

Also try anoter USB cable.

Failing that, ask on the xim4 forums and send their support an email.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Cable or controller imo. I had the same issue but it turned out to be the cable. It's fickle as heck.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So I took a good long hard break once they nerfed Shotguns about three times. Has Bungie shown any signs of shying away from their love of sniper rifles for Destiny 2? Is it safe for me to look forward to a return?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PerrineClostermann posted:

So I took a good long hard break once they nerfed Shotguns about three times. Has Bungie shown any signs of shying away from their love of sniper rifles for Destiny 2? Is it safe for me to look forward to a return?

There will still be sniper rifles but the ammo and slot systems are being completely overhauled. One month until we see if it worked.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

They hate all special weapons now, exactly as much as they hate heavy ones (well, not as much as they hate lmgs I guess)

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maybe. In Destiny 2, shotguns and snipers are in the heavy slot. :v:

E; loving beaten lol

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
All because I was writing "hell you could get back into Destiny now, NLB is an issue but most basic bitches run icebreaker, meaning their FOV is about half a degree. Just slide/jump around corners"

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Meat Dimension posted:

Maybe. In Destiny 2, shotguns and snipers are in the heavy slot. :v:

E; loving beaten lol

Honestly half the time I feel like I preferred Shotguns over Heavy anyway. That said...

The Meat Dimension posted:

All because I was writing "hell you could get back into Destiny now, NLB is an issue but most basic bitches run icebreaker, meaning their FOV is about half a degree. Just slide/jump around corners"

That still turns me off pretty well. I imagine it's not quite as bad as it used to be, but "We're replacing Shotguns with Shotguns But At Long Range!" left a bad taste in my mouth.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The xim is powered by the xbox, and its usb ports only output 500ma. If your keyboard+mouse draw too much power the xim will power trip and reset. I had this problem early on because the keyboard I bought had fancy led lighting and when they lit up, goodbye xim.

As a test you can plug your KB+M into a powered USB hub then plug the hub into the XIM.. contrary to what the XIM manuals say, you do not actually need the mouse and keyboard plugged into specific ports.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I changed controllers and it hasn't happened in some time now, so fingers crossed. I can't see it being a power draw issue, as I was using a plain rear end pack-in kb+m set. Another possible culprit is USB cable, as I grabbed 2 more and neither of them worked. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep messing with it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, I've got a keyboard, LED-encrusted mouse, and Turtle Beach headset all plugged into my XIM.

git more electricity, scrubs

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn match making is slow as fuuuuuuck today.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress it today, full of redbars all goddamn day. I keep getting exotic gauntlet engrams and hope for the impossible machines, but instead I get my umpteenth goddamn nothing manacles. :bungie:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Goddamn match making is slow as fuuuuuuck today.

Everyone is playing Tom Clancy's The Division

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Tom Calancy

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Destiny 2 Console Thread: We Give a gently caress About Your Pecs :wink:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
A little while back people were talking about a fusion rifle that did one shot like qbb/ss?

yeah looks likes that's for sure a thing, a new weapon type- linear fusion rifle, not one specific exotic

comparison to regular fusion

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mazerunner posted:

A little while back people were talking about a fusion rifle that did one shot like qbb/ss?

yeah looks likes that's for sure a thing, a new weapon type- linear fusion rifle, not one specific exotic

comparison to regular fusion

:circlefap:

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

im the serious hacker girl reporting on the situ

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH but seriously I have been fired from the rear end-rocket factory

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
FYI:

http://www.wikihow.com/Play-a-Match-of-Control-in-Destiny

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

After realizing that NLB is a visually tweaked PTRS-41 AMR, I am now looking into whether a de-milled one is possible to get ahold of for cheap. :v:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Cube maps don't exist in real life

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I know, right? I'll have to find a use for all these tools that I keep laying around.

Reminds me, I should really paint the drawer faces on my tool cart ROYGBIV descending; 7 drawers worth of real estate means I could honor Da Fwiggin Bone Krew properly

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

Cube maps don't exist in real life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_automatic_virtual_environment

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"7 in the drawers" is actually one of the Bone Krew membership requirements

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"7 in the drawers" is actually one of the Bone Krew membership requirements

Thank god our charter was ambiguously drafted and I got in on 7" width

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We call him Rasheed "The Landmine" Walrus because his dick looks like a landmine

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
and also because young southeast asian women are always setting him off with their feet

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Waffle House posted:

After realizing that NLB is a visually tweaked PTRS-41 AMR, I am now looking into whether a de-milled one is possible to get ahold of for cheap. :v:

85% sure Sarcos had one

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey what's the best place to go to get a raid done in a reasonable amount of time nowadays? LFG is super hit-or-miss and I kinda wanna try and get my last couple adept weapons to fill out my exotic blueprints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The PGS thread is a good place to coordinate with goons. Depending on the platform you may want to ask for a Slack invite, or someone (maybe me, drat) should really set up Discord for PS4