Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This is a 7 player mafia game with 48 hour days that will not have any flips, just list of players who die. as it is flipless, there will be NO after death posting allowed, period. If you are not interested in putting serious effort in, please don't sign up.

:siren:By request, deadlines are 48 hours:siren:

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
let's put theory to practice.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2p_1SNHEOM

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I just decided I am going to play flipless AND topless

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I would like to join.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I'll give this a try. I've been eating a bunch of nachos lately so I'm not doing flips of any sort.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Let's do it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I will actually play this, promise!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I will actually play this, promise!

You had loving better bring the heat or I will bring the goddamn world down on your head

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

We can't get one more person? Mafia dead

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm your huckleberry. :wink:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (7): Anomalous Amalgam, areyoucontagious, BottleKnight, EccoRaven, peramene, PMush Perfect, Quidthulhu

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 21st, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote quid

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Scum found

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

But what if there are no scum? :tinfoil:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
So the thing with flipless mafia is that it requires people to actually put effort into posts so others can get a good feel for their tone - do they sound sincere, do they sound forthright, do they sound like they're hiding something.

There is going to be a learning curve, too, and that's alright! But you have to try is the thing. If you slack off and go an entire day or more without posting then we're in the dark.

So, even more so than most mafia games, "this player is lurking" is a really good reason to vote for someone.

As such: ##vote quid for lurking.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

So the thing with flipless mafia is that it requires people to actually put effort into posts so others can get a good feel for their tone - do they sound sincere, do they sound forthright, do they sound like they're hiding something.

There is going to be a learning curve, too, and that's alright! But you have to try is the thing. If you slack off and go an entire day or more without posting then we're in the dark.

So, even more so than most mafia games, "this player is lurking" is a really good reason to vote for someone.

Father's Day was yesterday

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If you reach any fatha, we'll all be dad

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

Father's Day was yesterday

and you didn't even give me a phone call.

PMush Perfect posted:

If you reach any fatha, we'll all be dad

3/10

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Didn't have enough pop?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

PMush Perfect posted:

Didn't have enough pop?

Ugh, stop with the puns! Just shut that FILF-y mouth of yours.

... Ok, that one got away from me.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah, but maybe cool it with the joke votes? It's four to hammer and it wouldn't be impossible for scum to jump on your two votes?

How many scum are in a 7 player game? 2?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush Perfect posted:

Didn't have enough pop?

3.5/10

areyoucontagious posted:

Ugh, stop with the puns! Just shut that FILF-y mouth of yours.

... Ok, that one got away from me.

1/10

areyoucontagious posted:

Yeah, but maybe cool it with the joke votes? It's four to hammer and it wouldn't be impossible for scum to jump on your two votes?

scum could do that, but it would also be really obvious that they're scum for doing that, so they're probably not going to do that.

it's a simple first-level WIFOM analysis.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Probably 2 scum. Phone posting for the time being. Will return to apply/respond to pressure. Also something must have went wrong, my PM just says "YOU WIN" in all caps. Hrmm.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Probably 2 scum. Phone posting for the time being. Will return to apply/respond to pressure. Also something must have went wrong, my PM just says "YOU WIN" in all caps. Hrmm.

Checks out, mine says "YOU LOSE" :nsacloud:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
That was supposed to be a sad cloud, fyi

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am not the badman!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

ecco "joke" very fake, ##vote ecco

omgus

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
See, low-quality posts like those are what'll kill the town and make this experiment even more of a farce than it already is.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I am not the badman!

god drat it, Quid.

good afternoon from Pacific Daylight Time hello it is sara and it is time to play kashuno mafia - I've got my top off as promised obviously and I am ready to play

PREVIEW EDIT:

Quidthulhu posted:

ecco "joke" very fake, ##vote ecco

omgus

You're loving kidding me, Quid. I'm not personally putting you at -1 but I'm voting you in spirit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

I am not the badman!
I am not the Batman

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

See, low-quality posts like those are what'll kill the town and make this experiment even more of a farce than it already is.

it's one thing to be playing a game with you and be scoping your words for hints of lies even more intensely than usual, but right next to her face at the same time? I'm getting mad shivers.

now I'm a woman who enjoys a good quid voteout when it comes around, but are you joking or are you serious w/ it?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I would like to lunch a player.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

I'm going to play the rookie card and ask is this just how you post? The whole "I'm taking the high ground and posting quality content" lofty snark would seem p. Scummy otherwise

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

i'm torn because i don't believe ecco is actually going down this path (reads as major tongue in cheek meta joking about who she is to me) but sara is believing her hook-line-and-sinker and that is dangerous so it makes me wonder if maybe this is an EccoGambit

ecco is this an EccoGambit???

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

I'm going to play the rookie card and ask is this just how you post? The whole "I'm taking the high ground and posting quality content" lofty snark would seem p. Scummy otherwise

If someone posts Quality Content then they're probably town, that's sort of how the game works, especially in a flipless situation.

In order for town to make sense of their choices (rather than just voting semi-randomly) town players should all be striving to post Quality Content. Scum players will then stick out as people not posting Quality Content. If scum try to post Quality Content, they will most likely come off as clumsy or otherwise insincere.

That's the meat of the game.

The full story is that Kash is running this game to "prove" that flipless games are bad, spurred by me saying "flipless games are good." So I have an interest in this game being a competitive (or at least ordinary) game of mafia beyond just being in the game itself.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

maybe you should not be sitting on a joke vote on me then :v:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

i'm torn because i don't believe ecco is actually going down this path (reads as major tongue in cheek meta joking about who she is to me) but sara is believing her hook-line-and-sinker and that is dangerous so it makes me wonder if maybe this is an EccoGambit

ecco is this an EccoGambit???

My vote for you is not intended to be a legitimate vote against you, except insofar as you're bad at mafia and it might be good to keep pressure on you early on.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

maybe you should not be sitting on a joke vote on me then :v:

nah I'm fine with it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote Ecco

My vote for you is not intended to be a legitimate vote against you, except insofar as you're bad at mafia and it might be good to keep pressure on you early on.

• Locked thread