Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/876911553219510272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Danny is getting Counter-Danny'd

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/876829310350393348

Didn't we just hear about how he and the Warriors already agreed on a price

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Mike Zarren is getting Counter-Mike'd

fixed

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sorry to be the Trade Machine Posting Guy, but does this make sense as the parameters of a Chicago/Cleveland/Phoenix deal with #4 going to the Bulls?

I can't decide how much the Bulls would need to be compensated for taking on Knight's salary, since they're going to suck anyway

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Danny is a Mormon, therefore God's chosen blessed sweet one, and is an alpha. Trust and believe.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

What the gently caress is going on in the NBA?

the offseason is happening

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge you monster

quote:

Two front-office sources I’ve spoken to said the Celtics have already explored the possibility of moving down again in the draft. As of now, there’s nothing on the table, but Boston is open to the possibility if the deal is right.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
suns are an acceptable destination for Kevvy, he can play with my son.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Ainge you monster

Gonna end up with Anunoby

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

WhyteRyce posted:

Ainge you monster

AWwwwww yeah! Send that #3 pick over here, Danny boy. I'm sure Pritchard and Simon will find a way to gently caress it all up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All these crazy things and I bet the Pacers don't get anything of real value from PG.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
lol

https://twitter.com/solohill/status/876909385405956096

https://twitter.com/solohill/status/876912147757793280

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The NBA is in a chaotic regressive phase right now. All-star trade deals will continue to regress from what Cousins fetched

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
jimmy butler, paul george ??? my measometers and bonkulators are going haywire, I can't make sense of these readings

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

All these crazy things and I bet the Pacers don't get anything of real value from PG.

This is exactly what's going to happen. I did tweet my three team trade between us, the Cavs, and the Sixers to Pritchard so there's still hope!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Codependent Poster posted:

Lol why would they

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/876900127436267520

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

And we still don't know who the regular season mvp is

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Metapod posted:

the offseason is happening

We had better get another DeAndre Jordan situation, that was the best NBA offseason incident of all time

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahahahahaha they keep on loving the Pacers' front office over. It's hilarious.

The Glumslinger posted:

We had better get another DeAndre Jordan situation, that was the best NBA offseason incident of all time

Don't worry. There's still a shot for Lance to do something crazy to PG.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahaha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't understand how the Cavs are in the mix of two all-stars with no assets of any kind

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How much PG get booed this year

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

I don't understand how the Cavs are in the mix of two all-stars with no assets of any kind

Kevin Love

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

David Griffin is a loving wizard. Cast your spells on me David

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

link goes to a page on "indianasportscoverage.com" that regurgitates a bunch of other articles and doesn't mention the news in the tweet at all

Edit: Breaking news from this dweeb

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

euphronius posted:

The retweet Armageddon is glorious

Better than I even imagined.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

link goes to a page on "indianasportscoverage.com" that regurgitates a bunch of other articles and doesn't mention the news in the tweet at all

Don't you TALK about Grant Afseth that way. He's been there for me through thick and thin, one time he literally gave me the shirt off of his back when I ripped my own shirt. It was way bigger than my shirt. That's Grant.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

morestuff posted:

He looks legit af to me

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

pubic works project posted:

Hahahahahaha they keep on loving the Pacers' front office over. It's hilarious.

From a purely cynical perspective, it makes total sense for him to do that. This way if he gets traded his new team will have to give up less and be in better shape. There is definitely some moral hazard with regard to player incentives in potential trades.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I owe Grant an apology, I didn't read to the end

quote:

On Chris Mannix’s NBC Sports Radio show, Adrian Wojnarowski said that Paul George’s camp is informing teams that he is not going to re-sign with anyone, regardless of who trades for him. He is fully intending to sign with the Lakers in free agency next summer without them giving up substantial assets. The Pacers are calling teams to see what they can get for him but other teams are trying to determine how much is worthwhile to give up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Paul George doesn't want to be traded because he literally can't get the supermax, then

Same reason why Cousins told everyone that he'll be a rental to anyone that trades for him

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I dunno why the Suns would trade for Love at this point. He doesn't fit the timeline of the rest of the team and they'd still probably miss the playoffs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Glumslinger posted:

The DeAndre situation might get retroactively funnier this offseason. Imagine if Blake and CP3 leave after getting him to sign a long term deal with the Clippers.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Would a one year rental of PG help the Cavs at all re: the cap going forward?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

One of the things that makes me laugh about the whole PG situation is that he's leaving a franchise that was run by one idiot (Larry Bird) for another (Magic Johnson). I will enjoy it when Magic fucks the Lakers up and they never get higher than 8th in the West. Like just go somewhere cool, PG. Go to Houston or Boston. Play with some good rear end players that are not named D'Angelo Russell or Brandon Ingram.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Would a one year rental of PG help the Cavs at all re: the cap going forward?

Well it'll get PG's salary off the books if he walks in addition to whatever assets they give up to acquire PG.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Im the obese gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you guy from the Canonical Yankees Fans gif right now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LeBron James trades himself, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love to Philly to wait out the Warriors juggernaut

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

Im the obese gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you guy from the Canonical Yankees Fans gif right now

I'm the pajama girl Henderson gif right now. Just taking in the chaos

Philly fans are that smiling black guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The one good thing is that both the Cavs and Celtics front offices seem like they would be dumb enough to get in a bidding war over players and give up assets for Butler and/or PG.

• Locked thread