Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

PMush Perfect posted:

##vote Ecco

My vote for you is not intended to be a legitimate vote against you, except insofar as you're bad at mafia and it might be good to keep pressure on you early on.

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
That'd be more clever if I was actually bad at mafia.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I wanna watch The Incredibles because I feel like butts and could watch that movie a bazillion times but it's not on Netflix any more

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So far we have:

Ecco: quarterbacking, driving the narrative
ayc: confused, meek
pera: standard pera
BK: absent, snipey
AA: excusing himself, good play tho
PMush: absent, snipey
Quid: handsome, charming

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

I'm going to play the rookie card and ask is this just how you post? The whole "I'm taking the high ground and posting quality content" lofty snark would seem p. Scummy otherwise

This is Ecco. The snark is both typical and astonishingly brilliant. Fantastic liar, though.

EccoRaven posted:

In order for town to make sense of their choices (rather than just voting semi-randomly) town players should all be striving to post Quality Content. Scum players will then stick out as people not posting Quality Content. If scum try to post Quality Content, they will most likely come off as clumsy or otherwise insincere.

This is exactly what you would say if we were scum and I love looking at it.

Quidthulhu posted:

but sara is believing her hook-line-and-sinker and that is dangerous

I don't believe Ecco - I'm reading your posts. Maybe Ecco is having a jokephase laugh at your expense (preview edit: apparently so - still) but as far as I can tell, there you are, here we are. hashtag eat poo poo quidnose

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think pera is most definitely town, everyone else I'm meh on. Probs not ayc.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

peramene posted:

This is Ecco. The snark is both typical and astonishingly brilliant. Fantastic liar, though.

my god get a room you two

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm pretty sure that's just how pera is with everyone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

So far we have:

Ecco: quarterbacking, driving the narrative
ayc: confused, meek
BK: absent, snipey
AA: excusing himself, good play tho
PMush: absent, snipey
Quid: handsome, charming
I like to think of my posts more like a shotgun

filled with bees

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm not a fan of Quidnose's bait and switch there. He's grumpy at pera for taking my vote on him more seriously than it warrants, but he holds me accountable for it and wants me to explain it. I dunno, it doesn't sit right.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not a fan of Quidnose's bait and switch there. He's grumpy at pera for taking my vote on him more seriously than it warrants, but he holds me accountable for it and wants me to explain it. I dunno, it doesn't sit right.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

So far we have:

quid if you're town, drop the loving shovel. christ

Quidthulhu posted:

I think pera is most definitely town.

Quidthulhu posted:

my god get a room you two

This is you trying to make me laugh and think of you as less threatening to town, and you are failing miserably. "pera is most definitely town" - WHY? not to FOS myself or anything but for fucks' sake, quid, if this were any usual game I'd vote you twice.

Is your play to get me to overreact to you so they think we're scumbuddies?

EccoRaven posted:

preview edit - I just wanna be clear that noticing there was momentum on Quid didn't impact my reading of his posts. You're joking/putting pressure on him for your own reasons, I'm flanking him. 's much as I take your opinion seriously, you'll surely note I haven't dropped the vote on his rear end. I'm not gonna lose Gaugamela just 'cuz your cavalry goes early.

This is the thing tho, this is Quid - play nice w/ me, hit you. You're picking up on his grumpiness towards me but cite it. He's being chill, he's joking, he's dropping that "oh, pera being pera" (as are you - but compare the difference in how you two do it) like I'm not much of a casebuilder based on bast experience so I don't want reins but are other people seeing this poo poo?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also each of you are experienced, mafia sages, but just in case, please don't hammer someone before we each can discuss, within reason of course, that said busy for a few more hours before I can truly contribute.

I skimmed and BK pings me most so far, but I feel like it's not far from his normal behavior. Still...

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

do you have any substantive thoughts about the game so far or is "let's shitpost at ecco" your only trick.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Do scum have the ability to talk to each other this game? Is it a normal mafia game except for no flips? Is there a night phase? I'm assuming not?

These are questions I should have asked pre d1

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

do you have any substantive thoughts about the game so far or is "let's tunnel Quid" your only trick.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
why wouldn't there be a night phase.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

so that's a no.

##unvote ##vote pmush

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

why wouldn't there be a night phase.

It's a weird fast 7 person game I could see it having no night phase.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's 4 votes to executes and we still have most of 2 days until deadline.

Let's not rush it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CONTENT GAME

if you were magically given an item to bestow a 1shot cop ability on someone based on their posting thus far, who would it be and why??

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It's 4 votes to executes and we still have most of 2 days until deadline.

Let's not rush it.

this is the second or third time you've expressed worry about us hammering too quickly when nobody has suggested we should do so or even hinted that it was a possibility.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
If there's some kind of wackiness where Kash gets pms and scum don't actually know who one another is, okay, but I'm not seeing that as a distinct possibility to worry about. Scum obviously have the usual masonry with a nightkill mechanic or else it's not the flip flappers being tested as a game mechanic.

EccoRaven posted:

this is the second or third time you've expressed worry about us hammering too quickly when nobody has suggested we should do so or even hinted that it was a possibility.

in fairness, I did specifically state that I wasn't going to make let scum just hammer Quid. but i think that's the only instance

Quidthulhu posted:

CONTENT GAME

if you were magically given an item to bestow a 1shot cop ability on someone based on their posting thus far, who would it be and why??

me to use on you to figure out if you're a chicken with no head or scum?? obviously?? either we eliminate or clear you and we can stop loving about with it

which reminds me if we happen to have a miller, convention is to claim day 1

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

You're at half the required vote. People need not express intent to act. I'd say most of the time people do not, and simply act. Scum would always have incentive to do this, but more so in flipless, do you not agree?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
At P.T., but I have some intermittent down time.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

You're at half the required vote. People need not express intent to act. I'd say most of the time people do not, and simply act. Scum would always have incentive to do this, but more so in flipless, do you not agree?

I think anyone who decides to hammer someone else when it was abundantly clear that the day was not yet over is scummy as hell. I think scum know that. I don't think this is a rational concern on your part.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
speaking of things to do & plenty of time, I'm out for a bit, but I'm gonna be a lot more careful with my comings and goings. gotta check in regularly and scope the field.

again in the spirit of the honor of the game, I happen to know personally that BK will be occupied with family until this evening. he should've said something imo, but I'll say it for him, 'cuz fair is fair. check back in a bit

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Quidthulhu posted:

CONTENT GAME

Real talk pera, probably. You seem flippant and finger-pointy, Ecco uses too much Tumblr-Style Capitalization (what I pointed out before, the whole loftier than thou but), and everyone else is a nobody at this point.

If I had bestowed on me I'd use it on Ecco first, fyi

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (2): Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect
Quidthulhu (1): BottleKnight, EccoRaven, EccoRaven
PMush Perfect (1): EccoRaven

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, areyoucontagious, peramene

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 21st, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

I think anyone who decides to hammer someone else when it was abundantly clear that the day was not yet over is scummy as hell. I think scum know that. I don't think this is a rational concern on your part.

That presupposes that all players would act rationally. My concern stems from experience. Town doesn't always act rationally, and scum coast by on that. At least that seems to be the trend lately. Swath of poo poo posts, obfuscating remarks, a would be turbo, and then a failure to piece that together on the following day.

I don't think it's too irrational a concern.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

CONTENT GAME

Ecco or Quid. Tone, history and overall impression of both would make me want to clear them to avoid potential differences later if I was on the fence about either of them.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Ecco or Quid. Tone, history and overall impression of both would make me want to clear them to avoid potential differences later if I was on the fence about either of them.

Wait, you'd give them the ability or you would want to investigate them?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh I did that wrong? I'm investigating in this hypothetical situation. If I was bestowing a cop... obv myself or no one lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You obviously can't bestow it upon yourself, I guess I should have made it clear from the get go but choosing that as an option is also not helpful. Obviously you trust your own alignment.

I dunno why we've got too people in pera and AA both cheating the content game, HURM.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't think you're supposed to bestow upon yourself in public anyways

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

Real talk pera, probably. You seem flippant and finger-pointy

areyoucontagious posted:

Real talk pera

I like you.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

areyoucontagious posted:

EccoRaven posted:

So the thing with flipless mafia is that it requires people to actually put effort into posts so others can get a good feel for their tone - do they sound sincere, do they sound forthright, do they sound like they're hiding something.

There is going to be a learning curve, too, and that's alright! But you have to try is the thing. If you slack off and go an entire day or more without posting then we're in the dark.

So, even more so than most mafia games, "this player is lurking" is a really good reason to vote for someone.

As such: ##vote quid for lurking.

Yeah, but maybe cool it with the joke votes? It's four to hammer and it wouldn't be impossible for scum to jump on your two votes?

How many scum are in a 7 player game? 2?

This interaction is the only thing I've seriously furrowed my brow over thus far.

As a person who does enjoy setup spec, I don't find that outright suspicious even if it has been demonstrated to be a scum tactic at emulating content. I'm more drawn to contagious harping on the joke votes so early.

You might be saying, "...but AA, weren't you complaining about not rushing the day?"

This is true. I was. However, AYCs remark comes 2 hours after game start when it was truly unlikely scum would hammer someone.

Ecco's reply towards me reinforces their previous stance on the notion, but when I expressed concern it was well into the day, and it was more for the point of securing a window of time to discuss. I'm not saying this makes AYC scum, but it certainly has made me think about it.

I am someone who always has difficulty with d1 and joke phase in particular. So eh...

---

I have come to expect a degree of Dadding from Ecco, and dadding almost always pings me. I don't want to excuse it, but I've placed my eggs in another nest for the time being.

---

I don't like Quids summary post. Seems like quickly written notes jotted down from a skim to seem involved.

---

I don't like PMush talking about incredibles. It's d1 sure, and it's a good movie, sure, but it's in the middle of discussion about the game no matter how thin the discussion was.

---

Not ready to vote on anyone, but most suspicious of Pmush, Quid and Ecco atm. Everyone seems true to the meta I've established for them with the exception of AYC whom I've not played with. So.... :shrug:

---

For the content game: I'd give it to pera. Seems true to what I've seen of them. Alternatively, BK.

I propose a different content game though...

Handing out cops is cool, but who would you cop, who would you doc, who would you kill!?

---

Cop: Quid, I've been over this one.
Doc: AYC, new and time would tell if this was a mistake.
Kill: D1 I might just leave it to chance if no one said anything that was truly :eyepop: , but I'd probably also pop Ecco (Quarterbacking as Quid put it can be dangerous, hence my aversion to dadding. I think it's the responsibility of experienced mafia players to guide and educate town, but the fear I have is that these experienced players when scum, can just lead town right to a defeat while eluding detection or suspicion).

Alternatively, I throw caution and player etiquette to the wind!

Cop: Ecco (just get it out the way and not be distracted by it later)
Doc: pera
Kill: AYC (That comment I pointed out earlier... It just rubs me the wrong way, but I'm torn between new player interactions and scumtells.)

So yeah...

AA signing out!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ecco, you have come really hard out the gate saying we need to participate and do some major scumhunting. Like I said, you've done a really solid job initially of attempting to control the narrative. I haven't really seen you do any scumhunting yet, which, combined with your hard-nosed attitude, is giving me more pause than if you were simply being smug alone.

Do you have any opinions beyond your read on Pmush? It's pretty susp to shout "we're going to do some major scum hunting to win, folks!" and then to leave a vote on someone who essentially has said "nothing to read yet."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't like Quids summary post. Seems like quickly written notes jotted down from a skim to seem involved.

I never presented it as anything else? There was almost nothing that had happened at that point except for Ecco making a jokevote on me, so my reads were understandably light and based on almost nothing. The way the list is presented should have made that obvious?

This is a weird point to pick at me on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I never presented it as anything else? There was almost nothing that had happened at that point except for Ecco making a jokevote on me, so my reads were understandably light and based on almost nothing. The way the list is presented should have made that obvious?

This is a weird point to pick at me on.

I say this cautiously because you may be writing a follow up post, but I find it weirder that instead of commenting on anything else, you point this out immediately. Triggered by buckshot assessments, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

HMMMMMMMM...

• Locked thread