Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

annual reminder that Sam Amico's sources are jack poo poo and he's never scooped any of the reliable big names out there. Anyone might reasonably infer that Cleveland is fielding offers for Love because why not, but the odds of him scooping, say, Windhorst, on some Cavs news are nearly zero.

This reminds me. Shout out to Zach Lowe for finally having a rumor he reported early on coming true. One more and he can make it to Chris Boussard "Broken Clock" status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's gonna be GREAT

https://twitter.com/Reggie_Jackson/status/568538515543175168

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lowe doesn't really try to break stories or really claim to be a reporter

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Lowe doesn't really try to break stories or really claim to be a reporter

Naw, since he started his podcast he's been the big proponent of fake rumors.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Anything Lowe genuinely passes on as a reported tidbit is solid. 60% of the time that has to do with court design changes or proposed lottery odds adjustments, but still, he's decently sourced and doesn't throw poo poo out there in a "reporting" context unless there's validity to it

It's not surprising the stuff he hears in passing that he only feels comfortable mentioning on a podcast doesn't usually come to fruition. If there was more substance there, it wouldn't be confined to The Lowe Post

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
Why would the Cavs fire Griffin 3 days before the draft? Like even if they are getting rid of him that timing seems like a really bad idea.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Artic Puma posted:

Why would the Cavs fire Griffin 3 days before the draft? Like even if they are getting rid of him that timing seems like a really bad idea.

Best I can think of is Gilbert knows Lebron is leaving and wants to say gently caress you? Again? I don't know it's all very weird

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings business manager, literally the only well performing (excellent even) side of the organization, is leaving. Both sides say it's amicable but Carmichael Dave is going off on it. So yay Vivek

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Artic Puma posted:

Dirty Dan ain't the brightest

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I don't understand lebron leaving for la, but if it's because "gilbert is a shithead", can't say I blame him.

From a perspective of winning it makes no sense though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

This has been a good day for f5ing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LeBron called the shot and made Gilbert eat the bullet on it because he owed him one for the letter.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Adun posted:

No one is untouchable? Need to go all out to placate LeBron?

Is it too late for Banana Boat sunscreen to bid on jersey sponsorship?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brolander posted:

Everything is fine.

:(:hf::(

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Brolander posted:

Everything is fine.

Brolander, at least you're not the Raptors.

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/876982552602398722

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

Naw, since he started his podcast he's been the big proponent of fake rumors.

Bringing it up on the podcast as a thing to talk about hypotenrically and fill time isn't the same as reporting it but I honestly don't even remember him doing this that often. But then I also do not have some weird grudge against him for writing something mean about Kobe five years ago

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

thank you based fultz

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Delon will save us.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't understand lebron leaving for la, but if it's because "gilbert is a shithead", can't say I blame him.

LA is cool and has very nice weather

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

so Lakers or Heat guys?

Where's lebron going. to?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So...what happens with that "raptors all but have agreed to re-sign Ibaka"

Cory Joseph starting PG??

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

This is why I dont' really believe it.

The Clippers can only get a max if they let Griffin or Paul leave this year, and the Lakers will have to take a chunk out of their team to make it possible to get Lebron+Someone Else.

Unless it's just a Michael Jordanesque business decision to try to solidify his shoe sales by making sure to finally get Lakers fans into his brand, it just doesn't make a ton of sense.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if lebron wants to regain his villain status going to the lakers is basically the only way he can do it at this point

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MourningView posted:

LA is cool and has very nice weather

I'd rather be in San Diego, but I don't think there's a team there. (I love Ft. Myers too). LA felt too "crowded" for me. People seemed okay though.

Again, can't blame him just a bit puzzled from a perspective of winning titles.

Rick posted:

This is why I dont' really believe it.

The Clippers can only get a max if they let Griffin or Paul leave this year, and the Lakers will have to take a chunk out of their team to make it possible to get Lebron+Someone Else.

Unless it's just a Michael Jordanesque business decision to try to solidify his shoe sales by making sure to finally get Lakers fans into his brand, it just doesn't make a ton of sense.

Yeah...I CAN see him leaving though. I just don't know where. The LA teams don't make much sense sans Shoes and Movies level.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/876952397662257152

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lebron, durant, butler, and george all sign with the lakers and are all listed at SF to prove some weird point about positionless basketball

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/876979263588769792

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I want Lowry to be happy and get paid and I'd be cool with that not being on the raptors.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Chauncey seems like a good guy. Unsure if I like him as GM though.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

FuzzySkinner posted:

Chauncey seems like a good guy. Unsure if I like him as GM though.

https://twitter.com/NationCLE/status/876959962731335681

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Tae posted:

So...what happens with that "raptors all but have agreed to re-sign Ibaka"

Cory Joseph starting PG??

Hand Knit posted:

Delon will save us.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

Bringing it up on the podcast as a thing to talk about hypotenrically and fill time isn't the same as reporting it but I honestly don't even remember him doing this that often. But then I also do not have some weird grudge against him for writing something mean about Kobe five years ago

He doesn't frame it as hypothetical, he frames it as "people have been telling me."

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/876984671547949056

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Yeah that's the reason I don't want hims as our GM.

As a person and player? I like him though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please take jim paxson back

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246333/Clippers-Paying-Jerry-West-$4M-$5M-Per-Season-Hope-He-Helps-Land-LeBron-In-2018

The Clippers signing Lebron I guess?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The East is going to suuuuuuuuuuuck

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How is that different from the last 10 years

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What has Chauncey been up to since retiring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

GobiasIndustries posted:

What has Chauncey been up to since retiring?

shooting the poo poo on ESPN lately

• Locked thread