Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Fake news. #Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My god the western playoffs would be so crowded and loving dope if LeBron ever went to the clippers, can you even imagine
Then whoever survives that shitfest sweeps the raptors or Celtics and no one cares

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

My god the western playoffs would be so crowded and loving dope if LeBron ever went to the clippers, can you even imagine
Then whoever survives that shitfest sweeps the raptors or Celtics and no one cares

maybe you just get rid of the conferences for the playoffs?

Seems like that'd guarantee a better finials match up.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

that's when the attack comes SWISH from the sides from the Three Alphas you didn't even know were there

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
lebron to the spurs in 2018

pop'll extend his career while keeping him in the hunt for championships

and he'll have the 21st century scottie pippin as his sidekick

note: kawhi is better than pippin

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

that's when the attack comes SWISH from the sides from the Three Alphas you didn't even know were there

Dwyane Wade told me he's playing next season in gatorskin boots and a corduroy suit

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

You really think Simmons Embiid and Fultz are gonna get that good that fast huh :smugdog:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
y'all laugh but look at his team building skills

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hopefully he can sign Oak to play for the cavs.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Come on Cavs, trade us Irving for PG!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Of all the players the Cavs can lose, Kyrie seems to be the least ideal other than Lebron.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rick posted:

Of all the players the Cavs can lose, Kyrie seems to be the least ideal other than Lebron.

Well yeah, but I'm just desperately gasping at any sort of positive return for PG.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/876996442434535424

Is there something wrong with Russell I should know about? Because I'd do that

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Masai already decided to keep Casey so the team is in bad shape next year anyway :shrug:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

i can't wait for the bucks/raptors ECF next year

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Well, the inevitability of the Warriors may have ruined the regular season and playoffs,

but one could argue that it has all but guaranteed an AMAZING offseason.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Metapod posted:

y'all laugh but look at his team building skills

Lol what the gently caress is a team staring Reggie Evans, Larry Hughes, and Brian Cook going to do

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

RaySmuckles posted:

note: kawhi is better than pippin

I don't think so Tim

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

Chad Ford so probably fake but if true Vlade get on that poo poo. Jackson/Issac/Tatum plus Russell is now the best case scenario for us

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

morestuff posted:

Please trade D'Angelo Russell for Luke Kennard

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Tae posted:

How is that different from the last 10 years

is this a trick question or just a stupid one

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

morestuff posted:

Anybody could say anything right now and I'd believe it.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rick please record your reaction when you find out your starting back court is Kennard/Ball

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Lol what the gently caress is a team staring Reggie Evans, Larry Hughes, and Brian Cook going to do

Brian Cook has that Donyell Marshal range

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Man, if they do that trade, I might actually just loving bandwagon with the Warriors until Jim has a successful coup

I mean, I cant believe they would be that dumb, but man, even the rumor is impressively dumb

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/877000668384563201

why would lebron choose the clippers over the lakers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Man, TFF would have an aneurysm if the NFL off-season was run like this. I mean, the #1 pick just got traded and that is like only the 4th dumbest thing I've heard so far today

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LeBron becomes the 4th alpha. The most alpha alpha. What better way to bury MJs overblown legacy than by being the best alpha ever?

euphronius posted:

Cedi Osmon for sure

You can pry Turkish Manu from my cold dead hands buddy! He's supposed to be coming over this year I think.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Lmao is it really already considered "Billups/Cavs". I hope billups makes good on his tweet and trades love for melo like holy poo poo not even in my wildest dreams did I think it was in the realm of fanfic possibility and now I feel like it would come at a terrible monkey paw type price where it happens but phil will trade porzingis just to move up on the draft because mark cuban is spooking him

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

Man, TFF would have an aneurysm if the NFL off-season was run like this. I mean, the #1 pick just got traded and that is like only the 4th dumbest thing I've heard so far today

the NBA owns

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, if they do that trade, I might actually just loving bandwagon with the Warriors until Jim has a successful coup

I mean, I cant believe they would be that dumb, but man, even the rumor is impressively dumb
Is there something chemical in lakers fans that makes them unable to empathize for and root for the Clippers
this should warm the lovely clarksons of your heart man

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Banana Boat team will form only when they are all old and broken. Like Jet Li vs Jackie Cha

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Vertical Lime posted:

If the Clippers sign no one else long-term, they potentially have empty salary if DeAndre and Austin Rivers decline their player option. The Lakers are still paying Mosgov and Deng 34 million dollars that year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

the nba where amazing happens

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Is there something chemical in lakers fans that makes them unable to empathize for and root for the Clippers
this should warm the lovely clarksons of your heart man

Well I live in the Bay Area now, so if I'm gonna get poo poo on by the Lakers like the Bears are doing to me, I might as well pick a team I can watch reliably

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

Well yeah, but I'm just desperately gasping at any sort of positive return for PG.

Me too, brother. Me too.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

he could probably boss doc around easier than magic

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

xbilkis posted:

Magic Johnson please save my bad basketball team by trading D'angelo Russell for Luke Kennard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

5th dumbest

quote:

Ireland just said on ESPN Radio that Ainge threaten to take Lonzo Ball unless they receive some sort of incentives from the Lakers. Hours later the "Fultz murdered his workout with the Lakers" leaked.

• Locked thread