Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I always comment on myself first, I am self-centered.

But you don't REALLY say anything much of substance in there, just a bunch of half feels. Kinda like my shotgun post of random thoughts, which was a lot shorter than yours....

HURMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't like PMush talking about incredibles. It's d1 sure, and it's a good movie, sure, but it's in the middle of discussion about the game no matter how thin the discussion was.
I found a way to watch it! :toot:

Also Quid is town and Ecco is effortscum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I always comment on myself first, I am self-centered.

But you don't REALLY say anything much of substance in there, just a bunch of half feels. Kinda like my shotgun post of random thoughts, which was a lot shorter than yours....

HURMM.

I make more of a go at it than you, yeh? :allears:

Besides, how can we have substance this game beyond speculation and theory? I'm not saying quick assessments are bad, but it is more suspicious in this mode of play where solving the game will hinge on these interactions and our thoughts about them.

Now i sound like the dad. Better smoothe my mustache and tell bad jokes.

Succinct is good, but it feels as I described. Ok leaving foreal now. BYEEEEE~!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

You obviously can't bestow it upon yourself, I guess I should have made it clear from the get go but choosing that as an option is also not helpful. Obviously you trust your own alignment.

I dunno why we've got too people in pera and AA both cheating the content game, HURM.

As written, I answered your question. I would not grant a cop to anyone else and I would not trust the result if I was forced to. I don't know that anyone would feel different.

I'm appreciating the increase in effort, Quid. With regard to any "finger-pointy-ness," let me just say that Quid and I have a history of me encouraging him and he... finds a cliff and walks off of it. At least from wherever I'm sitting at the time.

pera's gonna pera; I don't have anything else useful to say, except maybe this: I refuse to vote Ecco day one short of an outright scum confession. The nature of this experiment demands she see d2 so even if she's scum, I'd prefer to focus the other one first.

i do not care for dadding as a verb and I'm a lady for anyone stuck in them-territory. I think tomorrow I'll take a look at the folks I've never played with or jammed with - ya'll know who you are so, idk, introduce yourselves?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I am the queen of shitposts

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm going to dad my way to victory pera. The all-dad dadding merrily.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Yeah, but maybe cool it with the joke votes? It's four to hammer and it wouldn't be impossible for scum to jump on your two votes?

How many scum are in a 7 player game? 2?

This interaction is the only thing I've seriously furrowed my brow over thus far.

As a person who does enjoy setup spec, I don't find that outright suspicious even if it has been demonstrated to be a scum tactic at emulating content. I'm more drawn to contagious harping on the joke votes so early.

You might be saying, "...but AA, weren't you complaining about not rushing the day?"

This is true. I was. However, AYCs remark comes 2 hours after game start when it was truly unlikely scum would hammer someone.

Ecco's reply towards me reinforces their previous stance on the notion, but when I expressed concern it was well into the day, and it was more for the point of securing a window of time to discuss. I'm not saying this makes AYC scum, but it certainly has made me think about it.

So yeah...

AA signing out!
[/quote]

Sorry, but no, this is suspect as poo poo. There's a difference of 5 hours between my "maybe watch the joke votes" and yours. Your argument would carry more weight if you said it closer to the deadline. As it is, 2 vs 6 hours is basically no difference. So you can't claim mine was scummy and yours wasn't. There's no flip, so no information comes from the lynch. Scum could easily hammer under some pretense.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
does anyone have any reason to think mushroom is town rn

literally any?

didn't think so.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
re:ayc vs aa

you were both silly in being worried about an early hammer and it honestly felt more like "I am just going to manufacture something to say right now" than a serious concern.

I dunno, I'm also not liking AA for that crappy summary post, but it had a lot of words too so.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (2): Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect
Quidthulhu (1): BottleKnight, EccoRaven, EccoRaven
PMush Perfect (1): EccoRaven

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, areyoucontagious, peramene

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 21st, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good day, friends! Who is ready for another exciting day of unfounded accusations! Yippee!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I've gotta be out and about today so I am sad to report that for the most part, I won't be topless.

I've been bitching pretty hard at Quidnose but tbh I was mostly ignoring mush. Ay yo mush, jokephase is finally over, who scum?

EccoRaven posted:

I dunno, I'm also not liking AA for that crappy summary post, but it had a lot of words too so.

I don't like this because it's in favor of long posts with many words which unfairly advantages myself and yourself. Which would be the ultimate scum team and gently caress You to you which is why I'm wondering Kash didn't do it. I was looking forward to it. :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

peramene posted:

Ay yo mush, jokephase is finally over, who scum?
Ecco scum!

AA has been pinging me a bit too. I hate to use the big fake-impressive words but they both strike me as a little performative? Like they want to be seen saying the words they're saying, rather than for their meaning.

I'd rather vote Ecco, though since it's been much more consistent from her.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

PMush Perfect posted:

Ecco scum!

AA has been pinging me a bit too. I hate to use the big fake-impressive words but they both strike me as a little performative? Like they want to be seen saying the words they're saying, rather than for their meaning.

I'd rather vote Ecco, though since it's been much more consistent from her.

This is also the feel I get from Ecco. Like just banging that drum right from the start.

Quid I've softened a bit on based on some of his recent posts, but I need to re read everything. I think AA has taken his spot on my list simply because that effort post was very "hey guys, everything is cool and these are just light observations only I'd straight up kill this person and that person".

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Fake impressive lol, cute.

My word choice is usually deliberate not to impress, but usually because those words are most appropriate. I don't care about impressing anyone.

Also yes, AYC, it was a content game equivalent to "marry, gently caress, kill"

Who would you cop?
Who would you doc?
Who would you vig?

However, if Mush is actually reading and not sniping in favor of shifting opinion, they will see that there is genuine opinion and explanation.

To call my points light is an unfair assessment when I actually made the effort to explain them, even if some are more brief than others.

Also BK, you are officially lurking at this point, what's up?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I've explained why I made an emphasis in people taking this game seriously:

EccoRaven posted:

The full story is that Kash is running this game to "prove" that flipless games are bad, spurred by me saying "flipless games are good." So I have an interest in this game being a competitive (or at least ordinary) game of mafia beyond just being in the game itself.

and regardless "says good things but but is just saying good things for the sake of saying good things!" is a really lovely and lazy (and pro-scum) case.

peramene posted:

I don't like this because it's in favor of long posts with many words which unfairly advantages myself and yourself. Which would be the ultimate scum team and gently caress You to you which is why I'm wondering Kash didn't do it. I was looking forward to it. :(

more words does not necessarily mean better than. For instance, half of this quote is worthless padding, and I don't think you're town for it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

To call my points light is an unfair assessment when I actually made the effort to explain them, even if some are more brief than others.

Also BK, you are officially lurking at this point, what's up?
yeah it was a really lovely case, but it makes sense because pmush hasn't put in any effort into this game so far (aside from being the spongebob tYpInG eAcH lEtTeR meme personified).

I would vote for BK too, I feel like when he rolls scum his instinct is to lurk. This might be unfounded but it's a feeling.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Right now I'm feeling pmush is the scummiest based on play. BK had a family thing last night but he's been a non-entity even before then. I'm liking AA's gumption. And I don't like AYC.

If the scum are outside of pmush, BK, and AYC then they're doing an okay job and should feel okay with themselves.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

More thoughts while I'm here paying attention, I like AYC. You seem like a chill, genuine player, and you really do remind me of the early days of Evil Sagan.

AA did not exactly change my opinion by jumping in literally fifteen minutes after I called them suspicious and then immediately making a super-defensive post.

Considering he was busy last night and it's still midmorning in most of the states, pressuring BK so much for not being here yet strikes me as going after an easy target. That being said, if he's still lurking this time tomorrow, then I'll definitely be taking a bit more issue with it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

PMush Perfect posted:

More thoughts while I'm here paying attention, I like AYC. You seem like a chill, genuine player, and you really do remind me of the early days of Evil Sagan.

AA did not exactly change my opinion by jumping in literally fifteen minutes after I called them suspicious and then immediately making a super-defensive post.

Considering he was busy last night and it's still midmorning in most of the states, pressuring BK so much for not being here yet strikes me as going after an easy target. That being said, if he's still lurking this time tomorrow, then I'll definitely be taking a bit more issue with it.

Elaborate how I was super defensive? Super being a bit of hyperbole.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

I'm liking AA's gumption.

What does this even mean?

You've been absolutely running this show, and I won't argue that you've been posting content, but even you can agree that confirming that your own posts are good things is a waste of space. Of course you think your posts are good, they are your posts.

My personal take on picks for scum is you and AA, and I would like to hear from BK soon.

Also what have I been doing to make you not like me?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Elaborate how I was super defensive? Super being a bit of hyperbole.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

lol, either text over the internet had mislead you or you're trying to establish a narrative. Just because I want you to explain your belief doesn't mean I'm now or then, defensive.

Also that post which you name defensive, it addresses both you and ayc, while calling out suspicion on BK.

You honing in on something like that is peculiar.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

What does this even mean?
I'm getting a good feel from AA's posts.

areyoucontagious posted:

You've been absolutely running this show, and I won't argue that you've been posting content, but even you can agree that confirming that your own posts are good things is a waste of space. Of course you think your posts are good, they are your posts.

"this player is making good posts with content" is not a good scum case, that was my point. That's your case and that seems to be PMush's case, and it's nonsense, so I was addressing it.

There's absolutely no way you could reasonably believe this is a good way to go about the game, especially when the people not posting content are so much worse.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
for reference to anyone not paying attention, this is pmush's case, to which AYC has said "I agree."

PMush Perfect posted:

I hate to use the big fake-impressive words but [Ecco and AA] strike me as a little performative? Like they want to be seen saying the words they're saying, rather than for their meaning.

this case is nonsense, it lacks sense. The implication is that PMush doesn't think what I'm posting is bad or wrong (in fact the implication is that they are good and right!), but that I am only posting them to appear like I'm posting good and right things, not because I really mean it.

It's patently ridiculous. It's the second laziest case in the world, and does nothing but advance the scum win condition.

I bring it up because if AYC votes me for this (terrible) case I'll be at -1, which is even more absurd.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

I bring it up because if AYC votes me for this (terrible) case I'll be at -1, which is even more absurd.

You'll notice I'm not voting you. In fact I'm leaving strongly towards AA or BK right now. I'd lynch BK over you. You're just acting as the authority in this thread and I have problems with authority. :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm gonna lock myself in. if anyone can answer this question I'll reconsider.

EccoRaven posted:

does anyone have any reason to think mushroom is town rn

PMush's play so far this game:
- Shitposts (worthless)
- Talking about the incredibles (worthless)
- Making a nonsense case
- Says AYC is a good player solely because AYC agreed with the (nonsense) case
- Accuses AA of being "super defensive" (he wasn't) and refuses to elaborate.
- Half-defends an absent BK (this is a scum maneuver)

Their posting just says "I am lazy scum and I'm gonna poo poo my way through this game instead of actually put in any effort." And as an aside, if you want to talk about being "performative," this post is actually a good example of "says things just to look helpful," because the underlying content is hollow.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

You'll notice I'm not voting you. In fact I'm leaving strongly towards AA or BK right now. I'd lynch BK over you. You're just acting as the authority in this thread and I have problems with authority. :)

sounds like a personal problem then.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Look at Ecco flying to the defense of her scumbuddy. It's beautiful.

I think you got overinvested in the game because you've got something to prove about it going right, but you rolled scum so you're trying to hide your conflicting feelings behind big showy grandstanding.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
do you actually have any substantive reason to think I'm scum, or is it entirely about how I "appear" to be posting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

So the thing with flipless mafia is that it requires people to actually put effort into posts so others can get a good feel for their tone - do they sound sincere, do they sound forthright, do they sound like they're hiding something.

There is going to be a learning curve, too, and that's alright! But you have to try is the thing. If you slack off and go an entire day or more without posting then we're in the dark.

So, even more so than most mafia games, "this player is lurking" is a really good reason to vote for someone.

As such: ##vote quid for lurking.
This post is Weird. The vote at the end would feel pretty natural as a joke-vote, but as far as I can tell, you're being entirely serious. Not to mention it was right after BK put an actual joke-vote down on him.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush Perfect posted:

This post is Weird. The vote at the end would feel pretty natural as a joke-vote, but as far as I can tell, you're being entirely serious. Not to mention it was right after BK put an actual joke-vote down on him.

flipless games require a more rigorous way to look at the game, I wanted to address that going in.

additionally, you may recall that it was a jokevote and I said as such later on. In fact it was you flipping my words around (senselessly) that brought you to voting for me in the first place!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

additionally, you may recall that it was a jokevote and I said as such later on. In fact it was you flipping my words around (senselessly) that brought you to voting for me in the first place!

EccoRaven posted:

My vote for you is not intended to be a legitimate vote against you, except insofar as you're bad at mafia and it might be good to keep pressure on you early on.
So, you put someone at -2 because... reasons? Because you wanted to pressure quid, but it was also a joke?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush Perfect posted:

So, you put someone at -2 because... reasons? Because you wanted to pressure quid, but it was also a joke?

(you put me at -2 while shitposting)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

(you put me at -2 while shitposting)
(I put you at -2 on a gutread while shitposting with the intention of actually seeing you get dunked)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
sure.

PMush I know I'm biased but I hope you at least see that your first attempt at a substantive case this game is not very good. "Puts quidnose at -2!" is a terrible reason to vote someone, "seems serious but then it looks like a joke AND THEN ECCO SAYS IT'S A JOKE???" is not a smoking gun (it's not even a gun), and shitposting like you did all yesterday doesn't exactly make it look like you're going into this with a sincere heart.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Right now I'm feeling pmush is the scummiest based on play. BK had a family thing last night but he's been a non-entity even before then. I'm liking AA's gumption. And I don't like AYC.

If the scum are outside of pmush, BK, and AYC then they're doing an okay job and should feel okay with themselves.

I disagree with almost all of this!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

for reference to anyone not paying attention, this is pmush's case, to which AYC has said "I agree."

this case is nonsense, it lacks sense. The implication is that PMush doesn't think what I'm posting is bad or wrong (in fact the implication is that they are good and right!), but that I am only posting them to appear like I'm posting good and right things, not because I really mean it.

It's patently ridiculous. It's the second laziest case in the world, and does nothing but advance the scum win condition.

I think she means more "ecco is posting in a manner that seems like she's putting in a ton of effort but is in fact saying nothing?" Where do you get "I agree with Ecco's points but know she is FAKING THEM" from her statement?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PMush Perfect posted:

This, however, I don't like. Why are you going back to a vote that Ecco and everyone else has already said "yeah that was a joke vote" with to prove your case? There's far more bad ecco content than this, why start here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##unvote

• Locked thread