Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
If that was all rugby could offer I'd certainly find better things to do with my time. Congrats on the win I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Sorry you feel that way. That was good rugby, it may not have been flashy but it was good. The conditions weren't suitable for running rugby and it wouldn't have been in the Lions' interest to play NZs game. But they weren't playing negative football, just a power game that was still very dynamic. They reached 10+ phases many times and put good pressure on the MABs, lots of inside balls and good technical ability for the game they were playing.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Reasonable criticisms:
Lions don't put away their chances and their support lines have been lacking, meaning the rugby has been a bit disjointed. Passes have not been accurate and balls have been dropped (which was true of both teams today).

Not reasonable criticisms:
Boring rugby. If you want the lions to stand back and clap the NZ backs through you can absolutely get to gently caress.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
In those conditions neither side could have played open rugby but the Lions were much better prepared for the alternative. If the first Test is played under similar conditions this performance will give the Lions some confidence.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I really can't tell if France is bad now or if the Boks are good again.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Troy Queef posted:

I really can't tell if France is bad now or if the Boks are good again.

The Boks are good again.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

butros posted:

The Boks are good again.

Especially if your name is Siyamthanda Kolisi.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
So yeah.... Launchbury just made a half-break and an offload for a try.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Boo

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Argie/England game is good.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Plucky Brit posted:

So yeah.... Launchbury just made a half-break and an offload for a try.

https://twitter.com/WelshDalaiLama/status/875996632311095296

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That tackle to Hughes knee was at least a yellow and possibly a red and he's bottled it.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Total Meatlove posted:

That tackle to Hughes knee was at least a yellow and possibly a red and he's bottled it.

No chance of a red. Tackle around the knees, only thing wrong was the coming in the side. Would have given a yellow for being a complete dick though.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Why are England playing in navy?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
LOL at the German commentary for that scrum: "That's orgasmic for all the forwards watching this scrum"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

HappyCamperGL posted:

Contrast/the desire to sell away kits.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

HappyCamperGL posted:

Because the home strip has FKL 82 on it?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

stavros880 posted:

No chance of a red. Tackle around the knees, only thing wrong was the coming in the side. Would have given a yellow for being a complete dick though.

If it had just been coming in at the side I'd agree but that was, and was meant to be, loving nasty.

https://twitter.com/TimGrovesSport/status/876189849585418241

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 18, 2017

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

goatface posted:

Contrast/the desire to sell away kits.

yeah, but argentina are hosts so they should change!.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

I think I read someone on Reddit saying he should change his name to Llaunchbury to improve his chances of selection.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Is it just me or is there way more test rugby than normal lately

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

This is the new normal, it's been like this for a few years already, though the lions tour is creating a lot more test-like rugby in terms of attention. Until they sort out an international calendar with revenue sharing for tests, the nh teams need the visits from the sh teams and vice versa to each generate their own revenue. Just look at cricket for the end game unless this gets sorted.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Finn Russell is a British Lion :psyduck:

15. Liam Williams
14. Jack Nowell
13. Jared Payne
12. Robbie Henshaw
11. Elliot Daly
10. Dan Biggar
09. Greig Laidlaw
01. Joe Marler
02. Rory Best (c)
03. Dan Cole
04. Iain Henderson
05. Courtney Lawes
06. James Haskell
07. Justin Tipuric
08. CJ Stander

Replacements
16. Kristian Dacey
17. Allan Dell
18. Tomas Francis
19. Cory Hill
20. Alun Wyn Jones
21. Gareth Davies
22. Finn Russell
23. Tommy Seymour

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

He was the best stand off of the 6 Nations and he's on form. He should have gone in the first place.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wizard Master posted:

Is it just me or is there way more test rugby than normal lately

There are always summer tours around this time of year for NH nations

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Tyma posted:

Best fly-half in the 6N and played an incredible game against the Wallabies. the only :psyduck: is that Biggar went on tour before him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
It looks like Bill Pulver may resign soon if there's a vote against him as part of the never-ending will-they-won't saga surrounding one of the Aussie Super Rugby sides getting cut.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Sale Sharks sign James O'Connor, filling their longstanding idiot vacuum

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

bigfoot again posted:

Sale Sharks sign James O'Connor, filling their longstanding idiot vacuum

What a waste of money.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Sale Sharks or James O'Connor?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
Fun Shoe

Vagabundo posted:

Sale Sharks or James O'Connor?

Knowing nothing about the Sale Sharks except for their signing of James O'Connor, both.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Did anyone manage to find non-Sky Sports commentary this time?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Goooooooo Chiefs!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Oh sweet, Beaver's playing - Chiefs by 3

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

This Lions team looks significantly better than the 23 players Gatland is protecting for the weekend.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Oh sweet, Beaver's playing - Chiefs by 3

He's going to beat The Lions, play himself into All Black contention, score the winning kick to win the test series 2-1,. and we'll all have to sit through another lovely documentary movie, where Ma'a Nonu is a dude in Blackface.

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Probably don't want to kick it out on the full. First points coming up?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Marler is an absurdly proportioned human

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Smorgasbord posted:

Marler is an absurdly proportioned human

And absurdly dangerous with that tackle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Marler is an absurdly stupid human