Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

The Modkill/replacement line has officially been crossed. No more replacements, only modkills.

Welcome to Final Fantasy Five mafia.

This is a mafia game for however many people want to sign up.
The Signups will end on Thursday the 22nd at 1 PM Eastern, then rerolls will be concluded on Friday around 11 PM eastern. Role PM's will go out right after rerolls end at 11.

You are all players doing a four job fiesta run.
http://fourjobfiesta.com/about.php
(which happens to be happening RIGHT NOW! I encourage you to sign up.)

The jobs in this game are:

Wind Jobs:
Knight
Monk
Blue Mage
Thief
Black Mage
White Mage

Water Crystal
Berserker
Mystic Knight
Time Mage
Summoner
Red Mage
Mime

Fire Crystal
Beast Master
Geomancer
Ninja
Bard
Ranger

Earth Crystal
Samurai
Dragoon
Dancer
Chemist

Extra jobs not typed to a crystal
Oracle
Cannoneer
Gladiator
Necromancer

Hi! I'm Gilgabot

With your sign up you must send me a PM with what type of Run you want.

The run types you will be choosing from will have an effect on what jobs may be handed to you as follows:

Normal Run = In a normal run Gilgabot will randomly determine one wind, one water, one fire, and one earth crystal job. This run does not have access to jobs not tied to crystals.

Team 750 Run = In this run Gilgabot will randomly determine one job limited to all magic using and similar classes ( White Mage, Black Mage, Blue Mage
Time Mage, Summoner, Red Mage, Geomancer, Bard, Chemist, Dancer, Oracle, and Necromancer)

Team No 750 Run = In this run Gilgabot will randomly determine jobs from non-magic and similar classes. (Knight, Monk, Thief, Berserker, Mystic Knight, Ninja, Beastmaster, Ranger, Dragoon, Samurai, Gladiator, and Cannoneer)

Classic Run = In this run, Gilgabot will assign you four jobs from those that also exist in final fantasy 1 (Knight, Monk, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage)

[b]Pure Chaos
= In this run, Gilgabot will assign you four jobs. (All Jobs)

So what this means for you is that each player, when they sign up, will pm me with a run of their choice. then when assigning roles you will get four jobs. These will relate to in-game mafia abilities and no one knows what any job does until they get it.

For example, Eccoraven signs up and sends me a PM saying "Classic Run", I will then consult my friend Gilgabot who will randomly spit out four jobs, each one from the classes Knight, Monk, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage.

So in this example - He spits out the Jobs Black Mage , Thief, White Mage, Monk this means that Eccoraven's role pm would include all of the rolled jobs, but only the abilities of the black mage, then when story events reach the water crystal, then will also reveal and add the ability of the Thief and so on.

Gilgabot does not hand out doubles.

Every player will begin with :10bux:and no money may be given to any other player.

Any player that is unsatisfied with their jobs when receiving my PM has until the game starts to spend 3$ to Have Gilgabot reroll ONE of their jobs, each rerolled job costs 3 more dollars and you MUST take the reroll, Additionally you can pay all 10 dollars to choose the class you get instead of a reroll.

So when all rerolls are done we will start the game, at the start of the game all money will disappear and no longer be useful.

At this point, I will send you the abilities of your wind job and the game starts

Each day a different terrain will be a terrain of the day, some jobs abilities are based on the terrain for the day.

There are three important "Status Ailments" in this game

Frogged - You are turned into a frog, frogs may not vote, frogs may not perform any night actions. Being a frog lasts until you are cured or a full day/night cycle passes (in game)

Poisoned - This is the typical poison kill, once poisoned you are killed on the night following the one where you were poisoned (Or the second night if you were poisoned during the day)

Confused - Confused players target a random player with their next targetable action instead of being able to choose a target. This goes away after you use a power that targets another player for the first time after being confused.

:siren:

Death in this game, when you are targetted with a kill, you do not die, one of your jobs dies. This gives everyone four lives essentially.

When you are targetted with a kill successfully one of your jobs will die (randomly determined).

When all four jobs are dead, then you are considered dead and removed from the game.

:siren:

Players:
  1. Added Space
  2. Asiina
  3. Bifauxnen
  4. bowmore
  5. CCKeane
  6. chaoslord
  7. Flamander
  8. IllegallySober
  9. Infinitum
  10. Jamuraan
  11. Kashuno
  12. King Burgundy
  13. Little Mac
  14. Lumpen
  15. Max
  16. Mithross
  17. Moatillata
  18. Murmur Twin
  19. peramene Jonathan Fisk
  20. Poque
  21. Quidthulhu
  22. Raeg
  23. redneck nazgul
  24. SLASHER HAWKE
  25. The Ninth Layer
  26. this is a stickup
  27. Tired Moritz
  28. tpink
  29. Yorkshire Tea

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I wasn't gonna do this but anything fiesta related I'm in where is my loving zerk risk

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

:getin:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Kashuno posted:

I wasn't gonna do this but

boom

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I will probably not be v active until day 2 due to moving

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
yep

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

In.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
gently caress. Yes.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Ayup.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I will join. :)

do we send the pm immediately?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tired Moritz posted:

do we send the pm immediately?

before signups end.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

before signups end.

also on this note, if I do not have a run type by the time signups end Gilgabot will randomly determine your run type.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Why yes, I'm in.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
OK, sure. I'm in.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/ATdXInR.mp4

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Cpig, I find my lack of presign disturbing

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
the rest of us just find you disturbing

vvv same vvv

sentimental snail fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 19, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just :lol: if you don't vote for the Pure Chaos run

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Infinitum posted:

Just :lol: if you don't vote for the Pure Chaos run

We are brothers in thought, you and I.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I probably won't be around much.

But signing up anyway.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

this is a stickup posted:

the rest of us just find you disturbing

vvv same vvv

Better than rude

:v:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
In.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello I promise not to get your murdered this time around :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I liked the last one! I will play~

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Haven't read op at all, signing up as gilgamesh

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

oh do i need to fill out a thing

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
all you need to do is send cpig a pm saying 'pure chaos' like the rest of the goods

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

all you need to do is send cpig a pm saying 'pure chaos' like the rest of the goods

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

Confused - Confused players target a random player with their next targetable action instead of being able to choose a target. This goes away after you use a power that targets another player for the first time after being confused.

If only confused mafia players could be cured this easily irl

PM sent!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

all you need to do is send cpig a pm saying 'chaos reigns' like the rest of the goods

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lol

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
gently caress yes.

Is there berserker risk? :getin:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Let me be perfectly loving clear about something. The day I get my hand on a loving scumdoc? I'm 100% in charge. D1, I'm going all-tactical, analyzing every single motherfucker in the game, their relationships to one another, every scrap of joke phase because every loving post matters, and my loving PEONS will kneel before me because they'll loving know exactly who they're dealing with because I'll give them a strategy that gets us lynching townies faster than you've ever seen before. No one will question my rule as - hell, it'll be FFX by then - I rise as Sin and destroy whatever bullshit name they gave to the world Yuna was born on (X2 was better - fight me) Instead, HERE WE ARE, once a-loving-gain. The sole solace I take is that I'll grab 7/7 wins easy but I'm not wasting my time loving around with realworld tomorrow's circlejerking.

Joke phase and circlejerking suck. I don't get it. I don't get the comparison of meta reads (except for Asiina) and I don't get the nonsense that comes with it. It's frankly & ultimately screaming obscenities & ya... just gotta put up with it in new games. But I'm not participating in some town slapfight resulting in yet another totally pointless d1 lynch. i don't get why this community is obsessed with slaughtering town as quickly as they possibly can - d1 the odds are just loving against us, we have a majority, and okay, maybe you get lucky and you hit someone you actually wanted to hit? How often has this ever happened? Are there stats? Goons? Surely somebody's done the math. I'm not even reading the rest of this poo poo until actual stuff starts happening other than "white noise" or whatever we call it here. This time I'm just calling attention to that fact rather than just bailing on the first few days of posting and catching up. No loving reason at all to read most of these posts as town!peramene until much later. No offense town!Rarity, godspeed you crazy diamond scum!Rarity.

IS I hope we get to be scum together someday because mama's gonna show you how to loving roll town like a goddamn california roll -- jeez so much for shorter posts, gently caress
Pussy Quipped you have one of the single greatest usernames I've ever seen on the forums and I've seen an awful lot of the greats
Also MMT if you managed to get scum without me be sure not to let me blow you up D1 again <3 DEAD TO RIGHTS

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

welp, that was easy

##vote Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Infinitum making me reconsider sign up

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

bowmore posted:

Infinitum making me reconsider sign up

that's not even Inf, it's Birb pretending to be Gaspy pretending to be Inf pretending to be pera

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

it's beet! jojo is scum!

(((not a signup)))

• Locked thread