Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Getsuya posted:

I'd whine about spoilers since I'm only halfway through IBO but honestly it's not really a surprise at all it would end that way.

Sorry, my bad. I assumed since it was pretty old by this point it was a safe discuss but I should have realized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I know I've been waiting until it got dubbed to marathon IBO S2. Welp.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry, my bad. I assumed since it was pretty old by this point it was a safe discuss but I should have realized.

Season 2 ended 3 months ago? I wouldn't say that was "pretty old" at all. Edit a spoiler into that post or something dude!

Ryoga posted:

I was annoyed at how low unit damage was with cybuster in MD coming from Coffin of the End just because of how stupid damage gets with full possesion modes and high prana levels. I never thought I would ever see non cutscene 6 figure damage, but then YangLong one shotted a boss.

Its really bad in MD because it arrives at the same time as Neo Granzon and very little compares favorably to that, especially a guy not at max power for plot reasons.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Getsuya posted:

All this FMW talk reminded me that I need to read the LPs. I started reading the first one and I'm not sure why I stopped. That LP made me like the Touhou franchise like the actual games never did.

Yes please read all of my LPs

dumb in-joke I'm sorry

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Yes please read all of my LPs

dumb in-joke I'm sorry
I tried but you aren't listed on the LPArchive. :(

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Getsuya posted:

I tried but you aren't listed on the LPArchive. :(

I'm sorry, they're BlitzBlast's LPs, I was making a dumb joke. Anyway, anyone who wants to read the FMW1-3 LPs can find them HERE. For whatever reason, BlitzBlast put letters up instead of numbers, so the ordering is E > P > I.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Keep your chin up. I'm sure someday you'll have an LP for us to read.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Getsuya posted:

Keep your chin up. I'm sure someday you'll have an LP for us to read.

One day, Slayers Royal... One day...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Hokuto posted:

I'm sorry, they're BlitzBlast's LPs,

Don't have a clue what you're talking about, they were obviously yours.

Now when's the FMW4 LP? :v:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I just failed to get an SR point and I don't know why, if anyone could help me. I don't think I'm going to restart to get it, but the game said;
"Clear map within 6 turns, and within those turns, one ally pilot uses extra action Multi Action."
every other map this means you have up to that turn. So I cleared this on turn six, I've had a guy use Multi-Action. And I'm not getting it. What's up? Stage 32 "The Battlefield of Conflicted Hearts".

EDIT: I reloaded a quick save, left one unit alive and killed the boss and got it. :shepface: what the gently caress.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
"Clear the map" doesn't have to mean "defeat all enemies" if the victory condition is defeat the boss then that's all you have to do to clear the map. No idea why you didn't get it before other, afaik all the SR points are correct.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

EthanSteele posted:

"Clear the map" doesn't have to mean "defeat all enemies" if the victory condition is defeat the boss then that's all you have to do to clear the map. No idea why you didn't get it before other, afaik all the SR points are correct.

I kill everything I can for the extra money and TACP. I killed the last dude and the boss on the same turn, so I have absolutely no idea why not killing the one dude would net me thee SR point. The mind boggles.

I'm also kind of disappointed in the VangNex, but the GranVang had a weird face. I kind of wish there was an option to just like, upgrade the VangRay but leave it looking the same.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I love how Eiki has ignore size damage penalty.

edit: I wish the Lilly Black/Black Serena thing was handled in a little more interesting way.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 22, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Do we have a thread for Mobile Suit Gundam Online, just found out that the Taiwan/Hong Kong version of the game both doesn't require a VPN like the Japanese version and has an option to set most of the game's text to English(more SEA English than American English but apparently quite serviceable for what it is)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just started watching the 2003 Astro Boy series and noelw I want it in thext SRW. Doctor Tenma and his robodog alone would make that great.

Edit: Seriously, his robot dog transforms into a power armor and he just flies off from the moon.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 24, 2017

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
An android/cyborg/not giant robot SRW would be pretty neat. Stuff like Cyborg 009, Astro Boy, Cutey Honey, Ghost in the Shell, etc.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The GIG posted:

An android/cyborg/not giant robot SRW would be pretty neat. Stuff like Cyborg 009, Astro Boy, Cutey Honey, Ghost in the Shell, etc.
Everyone in this thread who didn't think this starting ten plus years ago raise your hand.

I should not see any hands raised.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just started watching the 2003 Astro Boy series and noelw I want it in thext SRW. Doctor Tenma and his robodog alone would make that great.

Edit: Seriously, his robot dog transforms into a power armor and he just flies off from the moon.

Astro Boy Omega Factor would be an even better choice, you could even tie in the Phoenix time loop stuff into the game through New Game +

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Samurai Sanders posted:

Everyone in this thread who didn't think this starting ten plus years ago raise your hand.

'Raises Hand'

I didn't know what SRW was 10 years ago and also I don't have any sort of resonance with any of those franchises.

I know about 98% of what I know of robot anime from SRW.
(That made reading the character bios of the Zambot 3 characters interesting: Oh look, precocious children super robot ani...:stonk:)

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 24, 2017

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Any advice on which Pride of Justice route to play first? I know nothing about the series aside from the little that is in Alpha 1.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The GIG posted:

Cyborg 009 vs Devilman was cool.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Really, they could just add that stuff to the next tokusatsu hero instead of randomly trying to shove in SD Gundam.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Samurai Sanders posted:

*raises hand* Didn't learn about SRW until 2011, IIRC.

The GIG posted:

Technically, if they include Mazinger Angels as mecha only, they could make Honey an Iczer-1 type character.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

HitTheTargets posted:

Really, they could just add that stuff to the next tokusatsu hero instead of randomly trying to shove in SD Gundam.

gently caress, beaten to this

Kamen Rider would be a perfect fit for a Super human-sized android/power armor/cyborg Wars game. SD Gundam would also be a better fit than what they currently do, which is put in regular Gundams, shrink them, and make them alive. Bonus points if (supposing they stick to 3D) the toku heroes and heroines have realistic models but the anime heroes and heroines have cel-shaded models.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

birdy the mighty decode

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Do we have a thread for Mobile Suit Gundam Online, just found out that the Taiwan/Hong Kong version of the game both doesn't require a VPN like the Japanese version and has an option to set most of the game's text to English(more SEA English than American English but apparently quite serviceable for what it is)

We used to, don't know if it's still active though. I stopped playing that game a while ago. There wasn't a uniform goon team or anything, we all just joined the biggest English team that was already there.

Broken Loose posted:

Kamen Rider would be a perfect fit for a Super human-sized android/power armor/cyborg Wars game. SD Gundam would also be a better fit than what they currently do, which is put in regular Gundams, shrink them, and make them alive. Bonus points if (supposing they stick to 3D) the toku heroes and heroines have realistic models but the anime heroes and heroines have cel-shaded models.

I really want an SRW style game with Kamen Riders and other cool dudes. Kikaider is my jam.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
There is one: Super Hero Generations. Gundam, Ultraman and Kamen Rider SRW-like. Though I agree it'd be cool to put in some series beyond those 3. Still, good game if you want to see a Kamen Rider kick a Gundam in space.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Raxivace posted:

It'd be nice but the Unicorn being locked to Banagher is at least an explicit plot point from the source material.

Well, they can change that by having Fa run into Cardeas before Banagher does. :colbert:

They could unlock it after you finish Unicorn's plot tbh. Each of the Gundam protagonists should get a unique final attack too.

Endorph posted:

ibo ends with lesbian moms

Funny thing was that I told my friend I would only watch season 2 of IBO if it ended like this (moms part was bonus). I still haven't kept my end of the bargain.

I doubt it will ever happen in a SRW game, so I hope for the next SD Gundam game to include IBO so then I can field Sayla, Christina, Kudelia, and Atra all in different versions of Nu Gundam.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Broken Loose posted:

gently caress, beaten to this

Oh right, because SD Gundam is usually fantasy themed and those games just use Nu Gundam straight up. What a weird spin-off franchise.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I like that V gives Nadesico a better ending than the movie even tried to so far. Also, I'm pretty certain this robot is totally into her main pilot buddy lady. Thirdly, why does the Full Armor ZZ have less armor than regular ZZ?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I like that V gives Nadesico a better ending than the movie even tried to so far. Also, I'm pretty certain this robot is totally into her main pilot buddy lady. Thirdly, why does the Full Armor ZZ have less armor than regular ZZ?

If the Full Armor parts function as an armored carrier and can be detached/the unit survives if it explodes it's probably because the armor rating just represents the armored pieces, not the full suit.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nuebot posted:

A lot of the time when Gundam says something is "Full Armor" they really mean Full Armament, this is most obviously demonstrated by the Full Armor loadout for the Unicorn Gundam

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

A lot of the time when Gundam says something is "Full Armor" they really mean Full Armament, this is most obviously demonstrated by the Full Armor loadout for the Unicorn Gundam

I always wondered about that, vaguely but not seriously. I am loving this over the top full armor unicorn attack. Also the FAZZ is absolutely insane and he just nukes entire bosses in one go. Unfortunately it's hell on EN and I don't have any way to recover it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I always wondered about that, vaguely but not seriously. I am loving this over the top full armor unicorn attack. Also the FAZZ is absolutely insane and he just nukes entire bosses in one go. Unfortunately it's hell on EN and I don't have any way to recover it.

That's one of the reasons I went with the bonus that gives you back some health and energy each turn

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

That's one of the reasons I went with the bonus that gives you back some health and energy each turn

I went with additional slots so I could make him move more. My current strategy is to make him book it across the map, nuke a dude then hide back in a ship until his EN is ready while everyone else mops up. He's already a double ace so I don't want him taking all the kills.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nuebot posted:

Do note that when you manually purge the Full Armor parts(or the FA ZZ is destroyed), the ZZ that pops out has full HP/EN/Ammo because it's technically a different unit. This means that you can drain the FA ZZ dry with no concern because you can immediately pop it back to full EN.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kanos posted:

Do note that when you manually purge the Full Armor parts(or the FA ZZ is destroyed), the ZZ that pops out has full HP/EN/Ammo because it's technically a different unit. This means that you can drain the FA ZZ dry with no concern because you can immediately pop it back to full EN.

:eyepop: does it still have access to that 100 EN mega laser? Because that is hilarious overkill.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: does it still have access to that 100 EN mega laser? Because that is hilarious overkill.

It does, and it actually costs less EN in normal ZZ form because the FA ZZ is balanced around being purged for the EN recovery.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
So was Bokurano just never in a SRW? I'd figure if the series was getting stale they'd go there more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Good Dumplings posted:

So was Bokurano just never in a SRW? I'd figure if the series was getting stale they'd go there more than anything.

Bokurano is just one of those series that would be almost impossible to adapt for a bunch of reasons

• Locked thread