Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Modesto man sets underpants on fire, prompts Walgreens evacuation

A man set his underpants on fire in a Modesto Walgreens Saturday, prompting a storewide evacuation.

45-year-old Andrew Cheadle reportedly told Modesto police that he had an accident, and when he could not remove his underwear, he attempted to use a lighter to burn them off, according to the Modesto Bee.

Cheadle then tossed the burning underwear in a toilet, extinguishing the fire and generating enough smoke to fill the bathroom. The Walgreens, at Standiford Avenue and Carver Road, was evacuated shortly thereafter, at about 9:20 a.m.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Modesto-man-sets-underpants-on-fire-prompts-11227577.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Lime Tonics posted:

45-year-old Andrew Cheadle reportedly told Modesto police that he had an accident, and when he could not remove his underwear, he attempted to use a lighter to burn them off, according to the Modesto Bee.

So this dude was, like, catastrophically high at the time, right?

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Modesto

Lime Tonics posted:

he could not remove his underwear

in Modesto

il_cornuto has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Jun 17, 2017

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Does anyone remember what's the Twitter account that posts all the weird Victorian era news items and crime reports? I recall it's been used in this thread a few times.

yesterdaysprint

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Peculiar sea creatures found in deep Australian abyss include zombie worm and flesh eating crustacean

Includes underwater peanut (:laugh:) worm:

:nws:https://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1619883/peanut-worm.jpg?w=1180:nws:

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Jun 17, 2017

canis minor
May 4, 2011

The surprising number of American adults who think chocolate milk comes from brown cows

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I like that even the article notes "the most surprising thing about this figure may actually be that it isn’t higher."

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I have never seen a creature that looks so uncannily like a dildo. Thank you for bringing its existence to my attention.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Istari posted:

I have never seen a creature that looks so uncannily like a dildo. Thank you for bringing its existence to my attention.

I am here to serve.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

A dildo which shrinks to a peanut, when can I expect ​to find this in the sex shops?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Don't drunkenly fight pigs people, or this could happen.

Farmer dies after pig bit off his penis and three fingers

Miguel Anaya Pablo, 60, allegedly decided to start fighting with his pig after a drunken night out in his home town of San Lucas Ojitlan in south-western Mexico’s state of Oaxaca.

Local media reports that the pig became aggressive after the farmer provoked it, jumping up and knocking him over.

The animal then bit off three of the fingers of Mr Pablo’s right hand and his penis.

The farmer was rushed to hospital in the nearby town of Tuxtepec and treated for the bite wounds.

But despite their interventions, doctors could not control the bacterial infections caused by the pig’s bites.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/18/farmer-dies-after-pig-bit-off-his-penis-and-three-fingers-6716621/?ito=facebook

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Last page, but

Say Nothing posted:

Don't go to the gravel pit party, Livingston County sheriff warns [in interview with Channel 3]

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Alopex posted:

yesterdaysprint

That's a Tumblr account; the Twitter they're after is @TweetsOfOld.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Apparently WND is still around...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Apparently WND is still around...

I like how he “claims” he is Adolf Hitler, but he is definitely, incontrovertibly one hundred and twenty‐eight years old.

…which would make him the oldest person ever to live by six years and the oldest male ever to live by twelve years.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 05:55 on Jun 19, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Platystemon posted:

I like how he “claims” he is Adolf Hitler, but he is definitely, incontrovertibly one hundred and twenty‐eight years old.

…which would make him the oldest person ever to live by twelve years and the oldest male ever to live by six years.

To be fair, their idea of credible vs. incredible might be very different than yours. These are the links at the bottom of the story:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

To be fair, their idea of credible vs. incredible might be very different than yours. These are the links at the bottom of the story:

1) I could believe the CIA has a gigantic drug lab. The unbelievable part of that story is that they would get caught.

2) Cover story for voluntary medical tourism.

3)

4) I could totally see a lone official doing that as a publicity stunt.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Platystemon posted:

1) I could believe the CIA has a gigantic drug lab. The unbelievable part of that story is that they would get caught.

2) Cover story for voluntary medical tourism.

3)

4) I could totally see a lone official doing that as a publicity stunt.

You do know the south actually celebrates where Davis was captured.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Stonewall Jackson has a shrine, doo dah, doo dah

And his arm has its own grave

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Maryland has Booth’s Escape Scenic Byway.

I’ve always thought that was in poor taste.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rear end TRACTOR

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

…which would make him the oldest person ever to live by twelve years and the oldest male ever to live by six years.

Are you saying males aren't people?? I've got some reddit forums that are coming for you friend

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Baron Corbyn posted:

rear end TRACTOR

Yo' rear end so big it needs its own tractor

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I like the quotes around real, implying it is in fact not. Overusing "quotes" is really "hilarious" to me, a lot of "people" seem to think they are used for "emphasis".

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hanging's too good for him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus, imagine being the school so awfully desperate for funds you try to find ways to advertise sugary soda to children for free on the off chance you'll get a minuscule amount of money. :smith:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Family places ad for new nanny, as last five have fled their 'haunted' home

If you are someone who loves kids and does not believe in ghosts, we have a job for you. A family is looking for a nanny to take care of their 5 year-old and 7-year-old. The job pays more than $63,000.

http://www.sfgate.com/weird/article/Family-places-ad-for-new-nanny-haunted-house-11230632.php

too spooky for me.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Cairns man who binged on ice feared dead after attempting to have sex with crocodile

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm worried for the poor croc, that amount of methamphetamines in his food might hurt him.:krakken:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Redskins are 'thrilled' by Supreme Court's ruling on disparaging trademarks

:thurman:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Hidden trove of suspected Nazi artifacts found in Argentina

:thunk:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Human toe stolen from Dawson City bar
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/toe-stolen-yukon-dawson-city-sourtoe-cocktail-1.4168541

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

"We are furious," said the hotel's "Toe Captain," Terry Lee, in a news release. "Toes are very hard to come by."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wUS_bbOHY

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Lime Tonics posted:

Family places ad for new nanny, as last five have fled their 'haunted' home

If you are someone who loves kids and does not believe in ghosts, we have a job for you. A family is looking for a nanny to take care of their 5 year-old and 7-year-old. The job pays more than $63,000.

http://www.sfgate.com/weird/article/Family-places-ad-for-new-nanny-haunted-house-11230632.php

too spooky for me.

63,000?! What am I even doing this PhD for? :smith:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fathis Munk posted:

63,000?! What am I even doing this PhD for? :smith:

To avoid ghosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I have an extremely irrational dislike of Australians calling meth "ice" and how they pronounce it. I wish I knew why.