Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Here's a debate. Did Jimmy kill Chuck simply by visiting him? Would Chuck have suffered his complete mental collapse if Jimmy had stayed resolved not to make amends?
I feel like it was the HHM stuff that put him over the edge. To me, Chuck has seemed at peace with his relationship with Jimmy for quite a while now, and there was really nothing new brought up in that last interaction. Not saying it didn't contribute to his stress and relapse later that night, but I'm guessing prior to Jimmy arriving, he was stewing in his house with the lights off, reeling from what happened with Howard, and only turned them back on when Jimmy came.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Think I'm gonna make a chuck roast for dinner tonight to celebrate.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I won't say I'm very knowledgeable in how much money a big firm makes but it caught me off guard that one of the biggest firms in the state with as many employees as it does has less than 9 mil in the bank. I mean, that's a lot of money but I assumed giant law firms were always rolling in it.

Not like it matters much anyway, but y'know.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I won't say I'm very knowledgeable in how much money a big firm makes but it caught me off guard that one of the biggest firms in the state with as many employees as it does has less than 9 mil in the bank. I mean, that's a lot of money but I assumed giant law firms were always rolling in it.

Not like it matters much anyway, but y'know.

A lot of companies operate on razor thin savings. Rule of thumb is they should have 12-18 months worth of expenses in a liquid account to cover unexpected events, but when you're paying for insurance/salaries/taxes/rent/etc you make take in a ton, but nearly all of it funnels right back out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Did Howard say '... and one more thing' before his scene with Chuck ended? What was that? The group waiting for Chuck in the main entrance? I missed what happened right after he said that, or maybe I missed something in the conversation.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
That was so good. I am now all in on Howard being the best person on the show that isn't named Nacho. Goddamn, you could taste the betrayal and hurt that Chuck was bringing down on him.

imo Chuck killed himself because he realized that what he said about Jimmy is also true of himself - he ruins everything around him and doesn't realize it until it's too late.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Did Howard say '... and one more thing' before his scene with Chuck ended? What was that? The group waiting for Chuck in the main entrance? I missed what happened right after he said that, or maybe I missed something in the conversation.

He said he hated Spinal Tap.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
there was about a 10th of a second where howard looked like he was gonna cry when they were standing face to face, it was amazingly well done

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

there was about a 10th of a second where howard looked like he was gonna cry when they were standing face to face, it was amazingly well done

Yep. Totally got me on team Howard.

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Howard's final talk with Chuck was really great. Nice to hear that from his point of view that it was a betrayal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah that's what did it for me. Howard is a real stand up guy.

"You're paying me... out of pocket...?" God drat.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If someone had never heard of BB or BCS and you ignore dumb stuff like the actors ages, would you watch BB first then Saul as a prequel, or Saul first then BB as a sequel

makes u think

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

drunken officeparty posted:

If someone had never heard of BB or BCS and you ignore dumb stuff like the actors ages, would you watch BB first then Saul as a prequel, or Saul first then BB as a sequel

makes u think

I'd say Saul first. There's a lot of things that almost feel ruined for me because I know how things are going to turn out (ie everyone knew Hector would get crippled and everyone knows how Saul is going to turn out)

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I'm still really taken out of the writing by Gus' stupid little speech to his workers.
To reiterate: "Those bad guys were the Mexican Mafia!! But don't worry friends... I didn't pay them. We are all safe, here, in my lovely fast food restaurant."

Yawn. Nothing in the BCS universe makes sense.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

FuhrerHat posted:

I'm still really taken out of the writing by Gus' stupid little speech to his workers.
To reiterate: "Those bad guys were the Mexican Mafia!! But don't worry friends... I didn't pay them. We are all safe, here, in my lovely fast food restaurant."

???

that plays off his public persona perfectly

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I would believe Giancarlo if you made that speech.

I really hope next season gives us a Gus that isn't fully formed. Give Gian more to do and act.

---
The ending is a great parallel to the therapist speech. "Don't feel you have to do everything all at once." *Does everything*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

???

that plays off his public persona perfectly

Ya and if your boss told you the dudes keeping you hostage the past hour were just "Old mafia buddies he hasn't paid yet", how would you react?

It's about 99% unrealistic how that situation played out.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

FuhrerHat posted:

lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

FuhrerHat posted:

Ya and if your boss told you the dudes keeping you hostage the past hour were just "Old mafia buddies he hasn't paid yet", how would you react?

It's about 99% unrealistic how that situation played out.

won't be trolled further but there are many issues at play that makes it perfectly reasonable.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I wish I was trolling, friend....

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

was gus calling Hector a carbon while giving cpr or was I imagining that. lol.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

I wonder if Chuck will return as ghost haunting only Jimmy next season.

Puppet
Nov 21, 2007
You can't cry when you're too tough to die.
That finale left me wondering: What are they gonna do with Howard? If Chuck really died, all that ties Howard to the other characters was cut. His last scene with Kim didn't suggest any relevant contact between them anytime soon, the Mesa Verde situation is stable, so is the Sandpiper one. They have to bring him back somehow, since he's one of the main characters of the series. Maybe he'll find out about Jimmy ratting out Chuck's trial rant and try to bring him and/or Kim down somehow, although I don't really see him as a vindictive person, he seems just satisfied that all that poo poo is over.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Onomarchus posted:

I wonder if Chuck will return as ghost haunting only Jimmy next season.
I love Damon Lindelof and I'm sure he's looking for his next project but I don't want him anywhere near this writer's room.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
still reading p. 135 but yall realize there is a part of every episode that takes place during Breaking Bad?

The intro. I wonder if there's anything neat if you string together all the intros or anything.,

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ArmZ posted:

was gus calling Hector a carbon while giving cpr or was I imagining that. lol.

Kind of sounds like he's saying "no tan buenos, cabrón." Granted, I barely know any Spanish, i'm just typing what I hear into google translate and seeing if something comes back.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Puppet posted:

That finale left me wondering: What are they gonna do with Howard? If Chuck really died, all that ties Howard to the other characters was cut. His last scene with Kim didn't suggest any relevant contact between them anytime soon, the Mesa Verde situation is stable, so is the Sandpiper one. They have to bring him back somehow, since he's one of the main characters of the series. Maybe he'll find out about Jimmy ratting out Chuck's trial rant and try to bring him and/or Kim down somehow, although I don't really see him as a vindictive person, he seems just satisfied that all that poo poo is over.

I guess there's the money he was going to pay Chuck if they wanna do something with Jimmy trying to get his hands on that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Easter egg

Before he destroys the house

After

The meter's numbers never changed

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Lupus Rufus posted:

still reading p. 135 but yall realize there is a part of every episode that takes place during Breaking Bad?

The intro. I wonder if there's anything neat if you string together all the intros or anything.,
Speaking of, why does the intro end in the middle of that drum beat? Drives me bonkers :argh:

At least let the reverb play out!

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He said he hated Spinal Tap.

I'm down with piling on Chuck, but drat...that's just plain un-American.

(But then again, LOL...Chuck himself probably wouldn't appreciate Spinal Tap.)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Easter egg

After

yea but the dial may have moved

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Puppet posted:

Do we even know if this show is getting another season? I kind of got the sense they left a lot of the plotlines in a quasi-finished state in case they don't get picked up again. HHM and the entire cartel side of the plot especially

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Easter egg

After

All that says to me is that 100,000KwH were accrued during that time. No wonder Chuck went crazy trying to find the source.

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

KoRMaK posted:

yea but the dial may have moved

They should have had the numbers change from 1216 to 1261.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I legitimately don't understand all the criticism in this thread. Are we watching the same show? Do you people have emotions? Jeez.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If this show does get a season 4, they should probably wrap up the story. Who knows how much longer AMC will keep it going. They should wrap up the prequel next season and if they get a fifth, jump forward to Gene to answer any questions anyone has.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Kind of sounds like he's saying "no tan buenos, cabrón." Granted, I barely know any Spanish, i'm just typing what I hear into google translate and seeing if something comes back.

I heard 'no te mueros' (aka Don't die), but the word after was unclear to me. Cabrón is plausible.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I've enjoyed these three seasons of better call saul, but it's time to see saul dunking on state prosecutors to save small time criminals with good hearts and bad parents, and move away from these elaborately drawn out (in form and time) plot lines.

basically I want the MacGyver of criminal defense

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I think BCS after because let's be real, the easter eggs and flash forwards help ease us through the slower/boring parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cnut the Great posted:

Why would you say that obviously didn't happen? What obviously happened is Jimmy told Erin his plan and then Erin really did have a talk with Irene so she and the other old ladies wouldn't question how she knew about everything.

But no, Erin obviously couldn't have actually gone and talked with her client. That's just stretching the bounds of plausibility. LOL. TV IV.
Erin says to Jimmy "I had to practically drag the information out of [Irene] that you filled her head and all her friends' heads with lies." Irene had no idea Jimmy was talking with her friends about the settlement. She's listening to Jimmy say all these awful things that he sorta kinda believes but is playing way the hell up and she's the only one in the room who knows he's saving her from himself.

Oh my god.
It's the loving Ozymandias phone call again.

• Locked thread