Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

What we have to worry about is voting TOMORROW, nobody put down a stupid early vote cause that could cost the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I started early because my memory is crap, and I wanted to point out where my initial gutread came from, considering I had Ecco pegged almost from the word go.

Quidthulhu posted:

What we have to worry about is voting TOMORROW, nobody put down a stupid early vote cause that could cost the game.
Point taken, though. ##unvote

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

I think she means more "ecco is posting in a manner that seems like she's putting in a ton of effort but is in fact saying nothing?" Where do you get "I agree with Ecco's points but know she is FAKING THEM" from her statement?

because if pmush actually had something substantive to say about my posting itself she would have said so. the case was, remember, "ecco just wants to be seen saying the words they're saying rather than for their meaning." (that's literally the entire case.) The implication isn't "ecco said bad things," since if I did that would be a much better case. The implication is in fact "what ecco is saying is good, but they're only saying it to look like they're being helpful."

It's you who's inferring more from the case, not me.

Quidthulhu posted:

There's far more bad ecco content than this, why start here?
tough talk that I doubt you can support.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

no it couldn't. This literally will not happen, ever, short of the scum deciding "I like to draw attention to myself and scumclaiming by my words instead of my actions."

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh by tomorrow you mean the next game day.

okay that's fair but it also doesn't need to be said.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##unvote ##vote quid leaning more this way now.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It does need to be said, people like BK could be paying attention to jack poo poo and come in and drop a vote, and with 2 scum potentially still up that would be game over immediately.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why am I scum, ecco? :allears:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

##unvote ##vote quid leaning more this way now.

What? Why?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
honestly? I don't like this post:

Quidthulhu posted:

it was apropos of nothing, it didn't need to be said, and just feels like it's saying "look, I'm being helpful!" without actually being helpful.

(pmush lesson: this is how you do a "performative" argument.)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It was in relation to the posts about putting people at -2, which you directly contributed to with a comment not 5 posts above mine :confused:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

It was in relation to the posts about putting people at -2, which you directly contributed to with a comment not 5 posts above mine :confused:

it didn't need to be said. obviously on day 2 there's a chance it'll be exlo. we're not talking about day 2, we're talking about day 1.

it just didn't need to be said, which is why it rings scummy to me, because it looks like you did it just to appear helpful.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I did it to appear helpful because people are dumb when it comes to things that should be obvious in mafia, and I wanted to make sure it was said D1 rather than not having time to shout NOBODY VOTE on D2.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hmmmm

I don't agree but I see where you're coming from.

you made a bold statement earlier quidnose, care to back it up?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Which statement would that be?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I've reached my helpful quota for the day, I have to ask you to find it yourself. Hint: I pointed it out for you on this page.

I'm gone for most of the afternoon but I should be around for the deadline if it's tonight, idk, helpful quota.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

See and the reason I think you're scum on a gut level is because of how unhelpful and dismissive you are being. You come in guns blazing "I'm gonna make sure we all follow the rules & make this mafia game good!" and then when people start talking about ways to not gently caress this game up you go "whoa whoa whoa slow your roll mister, why you trying to boss people, that's FAKE" which directly contradicts what you did yourself, initially.

i think you're standing behind a lot of words without saying very much. if you really want me to go ahead and break down your posts on a point by point level to explain that i guess i can, but your response will probably just be "nah you're misreading me there" so why bother?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quidthulhu posted:

See and the reason I think you're scum on a gut level is because of how unhelpful and dismissive you are being. You come in guns blazing "I'm gonna make sure we all follow the rules & make this mafia game good!" and then when people start talking about ways to not gently caress this game up you go "whoa whoa whoa slow your roll mister, why you trying to boss people, that's FAKE" which directly contradicts what you did yourself, initially.

i think you're standing behind a lot of words without saying very much. if you really want me to go ahead and break down your posts on a point by point level to explain that i guess i can, but your response will probably just be "nah you're misreading me there" so why bother?

I'm going to try to make this a good game of mafia by posting my thoughts and making cases and prodding people to do the same.

"Remember, tomorrow could be exlo!" is not being helpful. That's the difference! There isn't any contradiction here.

You're manufacturing a problem, like you manufactured a problem earlier with my interpretation of pmush's posts.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
further thoughts before I go:

Quidthulhu posted:

1) if you want someone using a lot of words without saying very much, look at pera.

2) "I could make a case but you'd just dismiss it so why bother?" loses town the game. If you think I'm scum make the case so others can see and respond to it. Sure, I'm likely not going to think it's very good, but who cares what I think, I don't and I'm me.

3) that you are reluctant to back up your words is Scummy. It suggests you realize your content is fake and you instead look for an excuse not to support it.

toodles

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
While Quids "why bother" is a proper concerning, eccos posts on this page are hugely suspect. Your "quality" binge for the first three pages followed by "I said my part I'm done"? And now pushing with a dismissive aloof tone? I think you're feeling a little heat and are trying to downshift how much you're in everyone's focus.

I think you're scum and I'm going to vote you when we get closer to deadline. I'd put you at -1 but I'd like to hear from BK first.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
I don't know why my phone went with "a proper" there. I meant "a little". But I think if quid can come up with a few more salient points he's less suspect in my book. I like his last couple posts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So, I just got a call about a short term job tomorrow and I'm not gonna risk it on day 1 by phone posting. I'll be here for the rest of tonight, but when I drop my vote and go to bed, that'll be it for me on D1.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

PMush Perfect posted:

So, I just got a call about a short term job tomorrow and I'm not gonna risk it on day 1 by phone posting. I'll be here for the rest of tonight, but when I drop my vote and go to bed, that'll be it for me on D1.

Congratulations!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

Your "quality" binge for the first three pages followed by "I said my part I'm done"? And now pushing with a dismissive aloof tone?

I was AFK and still am. I'm not posturing that I'm aloof, I'm saying "I will not be around and I don't have the time to do your work for you."

you're going to vote me because you don't like my tone which is pretty ridiculous that you think my tone is the worst thing in this thread.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
BK still hasn't posted yet today despite being around in discord.

AYC's deep concern about saying I'm scummy but never voting for me is old and bad.

Quid has done a handful of crappy things today (the bait and switch with pera, manufacturing problems with my posting twice) and I'm fine with my vote there.

mushroom hasn't posted anything substantive and new since that bad case. congrats on the worm assignment but please recognize you're not helping the town right now.

I had hoped while I was out more posting would have happened instead of me arguing with gnats but wishes and horses and all that.

still afk for a while still.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
I'd rather Lynch a lurker than a poster. But sure. ##vote EccoRaven

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

areyoucontagious posted:

I'd rather Lynch a lurker than a poster. But sure. ##vote EccoRaven
It's customary to bold your vote. (And thank you!)

Meanwhile

EccoRaven posted:

mushroom hasn't posted anything substantive and new since that bad case. congrats on the worm assignment but please recognize you're not helping the town right now.
"I'm AFK". Immediately harangues me for not being attached to the thread at the hip.

Hope we get some more content tonight, but if things stay about how they are now, I'll probably be dropping my vote on either Ecco or AA.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

PMush Perfect posted:

"I'm AFK". Immediately harangues me for not being attached to the thread at the hip.

I've posted more content while AFK than you have all game.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
##vote EccoRaven

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey AYC can you do me the mitzvah of explaining, for everyone else, exactly why in the scummiest person in the game to you right now? I promise I won't pixk it apart until tomorrow morning.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I have a very big post on mobile that I hope didn't get eaten.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

1) if you want someone using a lot of words without saying very much, look at pera.

That's an interesting way to characterize my posting. One can hardly blame me for hitting Quid - without a vote, I reiterate - based on his earlier posting. I would wager that he gets it and can handle day one pressure. Now maybe he and I have a bit of in-speak that doesn't mean anything to you, but Quid understands and since I'm talking to Quid, that's what's up.

The quoted post above isn't scummy, it's just rude for no reason. But as typical as that is for you, the remainder of your argument with Quid - what's the point of sending him on a fetch quest?

BK - I can't keep using our friendship to update the thread on your status, you gotta get in here, hon.

In the time since my last check-in I haven't seen any hellos like I asked for, and god drat it, I'm trying, so I'm a little disappointed. Anomalous Amalgam (I think we actually have played before, come think of it. An FF game? No idea.) & areyoucontagious, wussup? Who scum?

I'm Sara, I make long posts that nobody reads and live-think my (usually not very good) scumhuntin'. I got King Burgundy loving solid once and it was a thing of beauty.

pera primer:

I am not voting Ecco today, OOG reasons, focusing elsewhere. Though I am wary about the mush-mash Quid-vote. Isn't this sorta bait-and-switch exactly what you called Quid out on earlier?

Ecco's case on mush is logical, I just doubt that it's sound. It's kinda like voting me just because you don't read my posts rather than than because of content. I'm useless on mush and can barely read their posts. Guys? Preview edit: Jeez, Mush. Getting some momentum on Ecco and... I mean I guess it's not that insulting. Ugh, though. (PS is it "customary" or "necessary"?)

Obvi I've got no additional info on BK other than where the situation is at, frankly maybe he forgot the game was on. Kash, modprod maybe? It'd be a shame to lose a townie because of totally understandable forgetfulness.

Those're the folks I'm familiar with, let's take a peek at you two.

areyoucontagious posted:

Real talk[,] pera, probably. [Quid] seem[s] flippant and finger-pointy

I completely misunderstood your intent in this post. I was sitting here like "me? finger-pointy? aight I guess so"

You're alright by me so far. I think you're snooping and snooping is good. This most recent interaction with Ecco, man, we'll have to revisit tomorrow. I don't like that pivot but that could be exasperation setting in. Ecco's like me in that she doesn't do anything half-assed, but she thinks flip flappers is a farce anyway and for all we know it could be.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

For the content game: I'd give it to pera. Seems true to what I've seen of them. Alternatively, BK.

I propose a different content game though...

Handing out cops is cool, but who would you cop, who would you doc, who would you kill!?

I missed this entirely.

Cop: Mush
Doc: myself obviously
Kill: ehh... like if I had a vig? I'm not great with math but if there's 2 scum - I gently caress up w/ town Quid, we end up lynching Mush or BK, then a nk? Not to accuse you three directly, that's game, right? gently caress up the vig, gently caress up the lynch, gg. Gun to my head otherwise: BK, from Dalaran with Love.

Come to think of it, asking this question feels like asking the room who to lynch. Cool trick if so imo.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
I'll be honest. I hate eccos posting style. She (he?) comes off like a real rear end in a top hat. Which in and of itself isn't scummy, just off putting. What really gets me is this forcing of the narrative to put her above reproach through demeaning other people and posting a lot. poo poo talking everyone's points isn't necessarily quality posting. Maybe I'm being naive and that's just how ecco posts, but it rubs me the wrong way.

I'll read through her posts again and do a better job of reading through the assholery, but I haven't been impressed thus far.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Also Pera, I'm a Taurus, I like long walks on the beach with my wife (sorry ladies, I'm taken) and you could best describe my posting style as "desperately trying to be one of the cool kids"

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am back. I had a good day with the bob, we got pizza.

peramene posted:

what's the point of sending [quid] on a fetch quest?

I was getting dressed and was feeling annoyed that I was carrying water for him. Quid responding to my concerns would have made me feel better about him, but I was tired going out of my way to help him help me.

peramene posted:

Though I am wary about the mush-mash Quid-vote. Isn't this sorta bait-and-switch exactly what you called Quid out on earlier?
the bait-and-switch situation:
quidnose said that he wasn't sure if my vote on him was a joke because you appeared like you were taking it seriously. However, he held me accountable for your behavior rather than you - and that read to me as scummy. So it's not really analogous to my feelings on quidnose and pmush, where I am just going back and forth on which of the two is scummier. But it helps that both could be scum. Though...

peramene posted:

Ecco's case on mush is logical, I just doubt that it's sound. It's kinda like voting me just because you don't read my posts rather than than because of content.
My situation right now is figuring out if people's posts are scummy because they're bad at mafia (or logical thinking, or reading comprehension, or...), or if they're scummy because they're scum.

I'm currently thinking pmush is less likely to be scum than Quidnose, but I still don't like either of them tbh and I think the town would be better off if both of them took a long walk on a short pier.

peramene posted:

I don't like that pivot but that could be exasperation setting in. Ecco's like me in that she doesn't do anything half-assed, but she thinks flip flappers is a farce anyway and for all we know it could be.
what's a flip flapper?

I'm a little exasperated but it was more because I was literally walking out the door and didn't want to do more work than I already have.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

I'll be honest. I hate eccos posting style. She (he?) comes off like a real rear end in a top hat. Which in and of itself isn't scummy, just off putting. What really gets me is this forcing of the narrative to put her above reproach through demeaning other people and posting a lot. poo poo talking everyone's points isn't necessarily quality posting. Maybe I'm being naive and that's just how ecco posts, but it rubs me the wrong way.
Posting a lot is only scummy if the posts are empty nonsense, which, I'm just speaking objectively here, they're not. I'm producing content, I'm responding to people's posts, I'm making cases. I don't mince my words when people make bad posts and I won't apologize for it.

People will say mean things on the internet. Welcome to the internet. Sorry you're having a rough time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

I'm just speaking objectively here
Nope. You have officially passed the threshold into self-parody.

##vote EccoRaven

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
you're very bad at mafia PMush and I ask that you either make a conscious effort to improve or just stick to modding games.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:tinfoil:

Sorry, been inundated with work and life. I'll be reading over this stuff shortly, but boy oh boy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ecco. You're self-important, and hype yourself up on your own kayfabe, but you're not an rear end in a top hat. This isn't like you. I'm sorry you rolled scum, for whatever it's worth. We'll win it for town and then you can win your argument about flipless games.

Think I'm gonna go do other things for the rest of the night, but I'll pop in once or twice before bed. I've made my case and my vote, and I'm happy where it is.

• Locked thread