Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

but, like, the mere spirit of aoki should make you love him unquestioningly. im not sure you understand this game if you expect players to be *good* to earn your undying love.

Aoki for Thames straight up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Intruder posted:

Aoki for Thames straight up

No thanks, you can keep Aoki.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

iospace posted:

No thanks, you can keep Aoki.

Don't be so selfish

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Even Bregman cracked the top 5 in ASG voting for 3B (lol) but Gurriel and his glorious hair are nowhere to be found at 1B

And jeez, considering there were no Astros starting in the first results released, Altuve is really running away with it and Correa was down by like 800K at first now up 300K :stare:

https://twitter.com/MLB_PR/status/877208175778377728

Beltran at #7 for OF is a joke, he's OPS+ing 91 with a slash of .235/.285/.415 and primarily being used at DH

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 20, 2017

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Hey look, Justin Smoak made 4th. I guess that Sportsnet campaign is working after all.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I keep forgetting that Smoak has apparently become A Good Player this season

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Intruder posted:

I keep forgetting that Smoak has apparently become A Good Player this season

Also Yonder Alonso out of nowhere

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Also I just saw the thing on Deadspin about how George Springer is using the bat designed for Mookie Betts. I had literally never seen the axe handled bats before. I think about all the blisters I could have avoided... (never felt quite right wearing gloves when playing softball)

(more accurately I basically always forgot my gloves)

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 20, 2017

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Intruder posted:

Hopefully Rolen is barred like all Cardinals should be

I hope we change the forum background to BradLidge.gif when Albert goes in with like 94% on the first ballot. :colbert:

Intruder posted:

Also I just saw the thing on Deadspin about how George Springer is using the bat designed for Mookie Betts. I had literally never seen the axe handled bats before. I think about all the blisters I could have avoided... (never felt quite right wearing gloves when playing softball)

I think Yadi tried to use one in the 2015 NLDS after he was viciously crippled by Rizzo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hope Albert goes in as an Angel or with a blank cap

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

albert goes in with a number 5 TRADER jersey

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Albert is exposed as the steroid monster he is and gets Bondsed

The Lidge homerun is retroactively rescinded, and baseball uses WhatIfSports to determined who the real champs would have been over the last 13 years if Pujols hadn't been in the league

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I'm really surprised Holliday is trending that well as DH. I thought he was mostly just walking a ton with a couple of timely, dramatic hits. Was I wrong or is this just Yankees fans stuffing the ballot box?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Intruder posted:

I didn't know that those were allowed in the majors, but I never looked into it.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Albert is going to be so bad in the last 5 years of his contract that as a whole his career numbers are pedestrian and he misses the hall all together.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I haven't thought about Holliday at all but his OPS+ is 131 and he has 14 HR so he's having a solid year

Good Dog posted:

Albert is going to be so bad in the last 5 years of his contract that as a whole his career numbers are pedestrian and he misses the hall all together.

lol he's cratered so bad that I literally thought he had like a year or two left at this point

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Pancakes posted:

I'm really surprised Holliday is trending that well as DH. I thought he was mostly just walking a ton with a couple of timely, dramatic hits. Was I wrong or is this just Yankees fans stuffing the ballot box?

Holliday has been super this year. Really great value signing for 13 mil and 1 year.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Intruder posted:

Albert is exposed as the steroid monster he is and gets Bondsed

The Lidge homerun is retroactively rescinded, and baseball uses WhatIfSports to determined who the real champs would have been over the last 13 years if Pujols hadn't been in the league

Astros retroactively awarded the 05 championship, as game simulations show they'd have won with a closer who wasn't a broken shell of a man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Astros retroactively awarded the 05 championship, as game simulations show they'd have won with a closer who wasn't a broken shell of a man.

Although this is actually probably false since the White Sox had some kind of voodoo magic going that postseason with their pitching staff

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Bartolo Colon scratched from his upcoming start for "back tightness", canceling plans for a six-man rotation brought on by Brian Snitker's "brain dumbness".

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
If Garcia keeps pitching well and Matt Adams keeps raking, the Braves might be very popular over the next five weeks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Intruder posted:

lol he's cratered so bad that I literally thought he had like a year or two left at this point

Doesn't he have to get his knees replaced every year or some crazy poo poo?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bartolo Colon scratched from his upcoming start for "back tightness", canceling plans for a six-man rotation brought on by Brian Snitker's "brain dumbness".

So they're just going to DL him/sideline him for "discomfort/tightness/fatigue" until he retires, huh? Huh.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Rizzo's slash line this June is .400/.507/.750. Since he moved to the leadoff spot, he is 5-5 with 2 homers, a double, and a walk in his first PA of the game, with his most recent leadoff hit being a gently caress your shift bunt single. :eyepop:

Rizzo just homered again to lead off the game :stare:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Doesn't he have to get his knees replaced every year or some crazy poo poo?

Pujols was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in like 2004 or 2005. That's a degenerative condition, so he winds up having a procedure done on his foot almost every offseason.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

YeahTubaMike posted:

So they're just going to DL him/sideline him for "discomfort/tightness/fatigue" until he retires, huh? Huh.

I think that's what they're doing. Just looking for a way to get out of it without directly saying "he's old and can't pitch anymore."

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this is the most joe west thing I've ever read

https://twitter.com/McCulloughTimes/status/877325604516843521

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Speaking of Joe West...

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

that is a loving extraordinary dewlap. should be a photograph in some kind of medical reference text.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Huh

Mark Bowman posted:

As the Braves have discussed how to keep both Freddie Freeman and Matt Adams in the lineup once Freeman returns from the disabled list, they have not ruled out the possibility that one of these first basemen will become a third baseman.
[...]
If the Braves go this route, Freeman would be the most likely to make the move to the hot corner. He played third base throughout his high school career, and he has always had the kind of unselfish approach that would lead him to do whatever necessary to benefit the team.
Having them both in the lineup is the dream but I'm picturing this turning out poorly

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Huh

Having them both in the lineup is the dream but I'm picturing this turning out poorly

Really hoping this is just an attempt to convince teams they don't really need to trade Adams, you'll have to knock us over with an offer, etc.

Otherwise why would you take a Gold Glove-level first baseman with a god-tier OPS and move him across the field for a guy who mashes but doesn't field near as well or walk ever and is due some regression besides?

elentar fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 21, 2017

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tom Gorman posted:

that is a loving extraordinary dewlap. should be a photograph in some kind of medical reference text.

oh boy I get to post the gif I made again

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Please never post that again

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Red Sox in first. Thanks for making GBS threads your pants, bed, and rear end recently Yankees.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I showed my better half the ridiculous baseball name of Sicnarf Loopstock and she pointed out its Francis backwards. Weird.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

What's really weird is its pronounced Francis forward

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Given that they could get a really good return, is there any chance of Freeman being traded?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Goodpancakes posted:

I showed my better half the ridiculous baseball name of Sicnarf Loopstock and she pointed out its Francis backwards. Weird.

His name is Francis Kotspool backwards and it's a way more acceptable name.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Timby posted:

Pujols was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis in like 2004 or 2005. That's a degenerative condition, so he winds up having a procedure done on his foot almost every offseason.

That sounds just awful

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Huh

Gurriel and Martes for Freddie, Freddie stays at first and the Braves get a nice pitching prospect and a third baseman :getin:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

I'd also never heard of these things before and I'd love to try one out. Trying hard to justify the $130 cost just to tool around with one in a cage. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timby posted:

Wait it is? I thought it heals itself over time.

• Locked thread