Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sometimes dead is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

We buried marvel in the pet sematary

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Other tournaments are doing fine. Life goes on. People who like good games will keep playing good games (and there's a lot of those out right now).

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

attackmole posted:

Other tournaments are doing fine. Life goes on. People who like good games will keep playing good games (and there's a lot of those out right now).

guilty gear is not esports and thus i cant force my father to respect me for playing it. usuelss

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ultramega posted:

I've watched a shitload of dbz and I could hardly distinguish some of the characters during some of the busier moments. I guess ramping to SS3 helps you stand out more but yeah there needs to be a little more going on there.

Future trunks shouldn't be SSJ and should use his sword for like 75% of his moves, and his super is basically the move that killed Frieza.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Keegers posted:

After seeing Evo numbers it looks like our genre is dying. Gonna go into the dark ages till dbz comes out and revives the scene. If dbz fails the only hope I see is riots hidden fighting game ip.

:tinfoil: riot is waiting for fg to die to release their game like they did with league which caused the moba burst after there was nothing for years.

I wouldnt be surprised if a huge chunk of that dropoff is Asian players thinking gently caress it ill wait for Evo Japan and save a lot on travel costs.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
fgs been dead for a while. sf4 was like cpr to bring them back temporarily, and sfv is like the dude giving it cpr threw up into the genres mouth and it's choking to death

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tekken 7 is like how your hair and nails and poo poo keep growing after you are dead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Tekken 7 is like how your hair and nails and poo poo keep growing after you are dead.

That's a myth.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

That's a myth.

no i'm pretty sure tekken 7 is real

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Brother Entropy posted:

no i'm pretty sure tekken 7 is real

yeah, real good :D

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

yeah, real good :D

:wow:

it's true

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Future trunks shouldn't be SSJ and should use his sword for like 75% of his moves, and his super is basically the move that killed Frieza.

loving nerd

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Where are you guys seeing the Evo registration numbers?

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Zand posted:

fgs been dead for a while. sf4 was like cpr to bring them back temporarily, and sfv is like the dude giving it cpr threw up into the genres mouth and it's choking to death

fgs stopped being alive once majors exceeded 40 entrants from Californa, IMO.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ultramega posted:

loving nerd

You have no idea how hyped I am for DBFZ. Part of why I'm trying to get good at GG is to prepare for being good at DBFZ.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Posting on page 420 of the fighting game thread

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

:420: goku

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Give the dinosaur that spends an episode trying to eat Gohan Potemkin's moveset.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Meridian posted:

Give the dinosaur that spends an episode trying to eat Gohan Potemkin's moveset.

that's the one episode i saw!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Also, put in Chi-Chi, every button is just a variation of her slapping the poo poo out of the opponent.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Posting on page 420 of the fighting game thread

Gotenks pls.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

AndyElusive posted:

Gotenks pls.

:prepop:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chi-Chi should be a fighter only if she is the teacher for the games tutorial mode and constantly berates you for not studying enough

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Meridian posted:

broly is definitely gonna be the potemkin

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Barudak posted:

Only if Chi-Chi is the teacher for the games tutorial mode and constantly berates you for not studying enough

GOTY. That would be hilarious. I could also see them using Piccolo and he's just ashamed of you the entire time even if you do all the inputs right.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope theres a mode where you have to farm as goku

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

I hope theres a mode where you have to farm as goku

Fishing minigame from XRD, only ripping up giant turnips or whatever.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

AndyElusive posted:

Gotenks pls.

I like the one where he screams death to israel.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Meridian posted:

GOTY. That would be hilarious. I could also see them using Piccolo and he's just ashamed of you the entire time even if you do all the inputs right.

This in english would be pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I66JVy2FDM&t=220s

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 21, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
broly: big slow power grappler
gotenks: "item throw" zoner who has a generic input that uses one of a dozen different techniques
mr satan: vortex character who masks oki behind explosions and pop-out voice bubbles ala Phoenix Wright's "Objection"

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Goku/Vegita/Gohan do seem to have a fair bit of overlap on moves but I'm assuming they are intended to be that way. Guessing once you really get into it, their differences will be much more obvious.

I can't find the tweet, but I believe someone at Arcsys said all of the characters they've shown so far have a very "orthodox" style, i.e. none of the characters with crazy mechanics/move lists have been shown yet.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

attackmole posted:

I know WB and FR did poorly as well. How did CEO and NWM do compared to last year?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AndyElusive posted:

Gotenks pls.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there was already a dragonball fighter with chi-chi so its not out of the realm of possibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe6Xj6-0aGw

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Where are you guys seeing the Evo registration numbers?

Stealing from the watch pro fighters thread.

quote:

Here's 15/16/17 numbers for better comparison

Main Street Fighter Game: 2227/5065/1955
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 1926/2637/1031
Super Smash Bros. Melee: 1869/2350/1002
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2: 968/903/632
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: 816/770/450
NRS Fighter: 1162/707/560
Tekken 7: 458/543/560
Killer Instinct/KOF 14 Token Inclusion Game: 540/397/294
Total: 9966/13372/6484

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im glad the esportsification of evo failed and i look forward to the event 3 years from now when its 75 people playing KOFXV on laptops

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
The KI numbers are flipped for the years 15 and 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so sfv killed esports, good and cool