Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I love Bruce. He keeps badgering Disney to get Tron3 made before it's too late.

When I watched B5 he reminded me so much of Martin Sheen as Jed Bartlett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wheat Loaf posted:

When I watched B5 he reminded me so much of Martin Sheen as Jed Bartlett.

He's always struck me as more of a poor man's Michael Douglas.

Maybe it's the raspy voice, I don't know.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/876850022750572544

:boom:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So American Gods ended well? I guess I could finish the season after stopping at episode 3.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Just finished Leftovers S2 and I liked it significantly more than the first season, but I can't help but feel that it peaks with the international assassin episode and then fizzles out when it just turns into the Guilty Remnant show again

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

X-O posted:

More TV chat, less movie chat. There's a whole other forum for that stuff.
Yeah, anyway the finale of American Gods was great and I want season 2 to start already

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

HorseRenoir posted:

Just finished Leftovers S2 and I liked it significantly more than the first season, but I can't help but feel that it peaks with the international assassin episode and then fizzles out when it just turns into the Guilty Remnant show again

Give s03e01 a go.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

You should really really stick with it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Josh Lyman posted:

So American Gods ended well? I guess I could finish the season after stopping at episode 3.

The finale was not the best episode of the season, but it had some really good stuff. If they'd not gotten a season 2 though it would have been the most incomprehensible and incomplete seasons of television of all time.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, season 1 of Shooter is now on netflix.

I saw the pilot while on a treadmill at the gym. It's very bad.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

J33uk posted:

You should really really stick with it.

oh I am, just hoping that storyline is finished for good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

I didn't even realize it got a whole season.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't look at how many episodes it was. Maybe it didn't.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'm pretty sure it's second season is starting up pretty soon

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Snak posted:

Is the gym really the best place to watch tv though?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Is the gym really the best place to watch tv though?

Every gym I have ever been to has tvs everywhere.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, but can you really concentrate on a show while exercising? Maybe if you had headphones on, tuned to the tv's sound channel like some places have, but I dunno. I don't think I could.

Fair enough if other people can; I don't even look at my phone when I'm watching.

Actually, I think I've only watched a show while inebriated the once, and that was because it was my birthday, and the show was called High Moon. Felt appropriate.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yes.

Watching tv while jogging makes me forget that I'm jogging​, not the other way around.

Edit: after 3 seasons, PoI's "who gets to drive" arguments have gone on long enough to finally become funny.

Snak fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 20, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When A&E used to show reruns of Northern Exposure every morning I'd watch that and then classic Law & Order while exercising.

I still exercise but it's just not as fun anymore :(

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Yeah, but can you really concentrate on a show while exercising? Maybe if you had headphones on, tuned to the tv's sound channel like some places have, but I dunno. I don't think I could.

Fair enough if other people can; I don't even look at my phone when I'm watching.

For me personally, getting into the flow state from exercising actually makes it much easier to keep focused on the show in front of me without getting distracted.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh man, the American Gods finale was awesome. Really pulled together the whole season and i was in a bit of a crappy mood and the entire Easter scene had me smiling and laughing for like the full 30 minutes until the amazing climax.

I'm so glad there's a second season because I'd be so angry if there wasn't. I need it asap.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had the opposite opinion to the one in the post above me! I thought it was a fine episode but a bad finale and it was clear how much losing those 2 episodes from a season made it suffer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

less laughter posted:

For me personally, getting into the flow state from exercising actually makes it much easier to keep focused on the show in front of me without getting distracted.

I watch 90% of the hour long drama shows I watch on my phone or tablet at the gym while on the elliptical. I wouldn't do it while doing weights or anything, but it definitely helps with the monotony of elliptical or treadmill.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Slamhound posted:

:smith:

Who's even left from Babylon 5?

Also, wtf?

Vir :( Also that book being on construction contracts is weird, because I looked up Mr. Morden's actor Ed Wasser to see if he was still alive and apparently he retired from acting, founded a construction company and now works as a general contractor. "What do you want?" "My bathroom remodeled. Can you and your associates arrange that for me Mr. Morden?"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Margot Robbie was in Pan Am LONG before Wolf of Wall Street.

You know, Pan Am?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oVdLIvcNRE

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I liked it. The sheriff from Stranger Things played a Soviet spy on the show. Also, Pan Am was basically an international spy show.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
This is going to be iconic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705yRfs6Dbs

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In spite of intense malnutrition, Lily Collins' eyebrows remain strong

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cinderella legit looks more anorexic than her

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Oh man, the American Gods finale was awesome. Really pulled together the whole season and i was in a bit of a crappy mood and the entire Easter scene had me smiling and laughing for like the full 30 minutes until the amazing climax.

I loved it too. The only thing that bugged me was the lack of explanation/reveal for the loving flies that have been annoying the poo poo out of me all season.

Josh Lyman posted:

Margot Robbie was in Pan Am LONG before Wolf of Wall Street.
You know, Pan Am?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUb_-cL2dOw

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Looten Plunder posted:

I loved it too. The only thing that bugged me was the lack of explanation/reveal for the loving flies that have been annoying the poo poo out of me all season.

She's dead, and they're eating her.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Looten Plunder posted:

What? The flies are because she's dead and rotting. I don't think there's a deeper mystery to them.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/watchmen-tv-series-damon-lindelof-works-at-hbo-1014987

Lindelof is so not the first person that comes to mind when I think HBO's Watchmen. It feels like too much of a straight up kitchen sink drama (with, yes, a lot of other things going on). I'll probably check it out though.

Edit: oops, forgot the link.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is this some loving book poo poo? :v:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

What? The flies are because she's dead and rotting. I don't think there's a deeper mystery to them.

Haven't the flies been in tons of scenes other than with Laura? I thought they had to be Nancy/spiders, Wednesday/crows, Easter/rabbits for some other god we haven't met yet.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/watchmen-tv-series-damon-lindelof-works-at-hbo-1014987
Lindelof is so not the first person that comes to mind when I think HBO's Watchmen. It feels like too much of a straight up kitchen sink drama (with, yes, a lot of other things going on). I'll probably check it out though.

I'm down. I'm actually a fan of the movie and love the mythology of that property (never read the comics though)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Looten Plunder posted:

Haven't the flies been in tons of scenes other than with Laura? I thought they had to be Nancy/spiders, Wednesday/crows, Easter/rabbits for some other god we haven't met yet.

No

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

And then they're gonna eat me!

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Old Twin Peaks really feels like a more abstract precursor to the more accessible mystery mythology shows like Lost, in the same way that The Sopranos was a precursor for The Shield and Breaking Bad.

Also I haven't watched American Gods yet, guess I might as well start now that it's over (only 8 episodes in season 1, I guess).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a head's up before you start, the show can be kind of slow and a couple of times it goes into episode long digressions (which apparently had something to do with behind the scenes problems.)

• Locked thread