Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Where is Aldi? Would've figured they had a large enough share to show up.

Dunno, this chart barely adds up to 50%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I like Amazon and Costco.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Dr. Capco posted:

I like Amazon and Costco.

:agreed:

I'm not a big convenience food buyer, but those Jamaican beef patties are the loving truth.

Also on our last trip my 9 year old daughter and I stopped to get a 'dog+soda w/refill for $1.50 each, and she spent minutes on end talking about how there is no better bargain on Earth. "I mean, seriously dad, a hotdog AND a soda with FREE REFILLS for a dollar fifty... How are you gonna beat that?!" If I didn't know any better I would have thought she posted in this thread.

Plus the cart checker at the exit draws a smiley face on the receipt on the way out. Everybody wins!

edit: The smiley face is for my two year old. Not me. I never rate a smiley when I'm flying solo.

PBUC

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 19, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Went to grab a lil thing of gummy candy they had for a sample today and as I'm 95% of they way there, terminal velocity on my grabbing hand, the old bag manning the station goes "gummy candy for the kiddies" and as I finish my grab and begin to return to my cart which I kindly left back to leave space I chuckle and drop a "oh I'm a big kid, you know! haw haw" and she goes "... no, not really."

Bitch, I spend the money I'll take whatever drat sample I feel like. When little timmy buys my dinner then you can cater to them.

Felt a lil heated at the 'stco today!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Report her. She doesn't belong in the Costco. The sample givers shall deny samples to no man.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

KakerMix posted:

Remember when Amazon tried to take over the cell phone market? They really blazed a trail there :v:

Remember when Amazon tried to take over book stores? Toy stores? Etc...

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

curufinor posted:

Still a little bit more expensive than at the actual Asian food mart, it seems to me?

Produce is extremely expensive in comparison to Asian markets, very competitive to, say, Safeway

I've never bought seaweed snacks at the Asian market, but it's worth noting that the Costco packages are chock full of seaweed. Literally 400-500% more sheets than other white person sources. I don't know how that stacks up to the asian markets but it's worth considering.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Felt a lil heated at the 'stco today!

She is unworthy of the incredible benefits package that Costco bestows upon their employees.

If karma is real, she will be working a gas station pump for tips in a few months.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Taima posted:

She is unworthy of the incredible benefits package that Costco bestows upon their employees.

If karma is real, she will be working a gas station pump for tips in a few months.

I heard that the samples people are all contractors and not employees

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
After this month my Costco credit card will have payed for my membership. I've only been using the card maybe 2-3 months. :grin:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
prepare for the best cookie monster impression you've ever seen, as cookie monster goes to costco:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9h2Dgow6Tk

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
FOH with that sample giver, I spend like $300 a trip and as far as I'm concerned that means im entitled to at least 2 of every sample if I want. I rarely do, because I'm an upright walking human being and not a feral animal like some people who frequent the sample aisles, but still.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

binge crotching posted:

I heard that the samples people are all contractors and not employees

Yeah the sample people belong to a company called Club Demonstration Services (CDS) and aren't actually employed by the 'Co.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I always feel bad taking samples and not throwing the product in my cart. So I say, "Hmm that's good. I'll have to consider purchasing this fine product." But I never do. :ohdear:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I always feel bad taking samples and not throwing the product in my cart. So I say, "Hmm that's good. I'll have to consider purchasing this fine product." But I never do. :ohdear:
free samples are just one of the many benefits of shopping at the 'sco, you should never feel bad about taking them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Harald posted:

you shouldn't feel bad about that

I'm a weirdo with basically no self-esteem or confidence. It's just a dumb thing I have. Costco doesn't judge so maybe, just maybe, Costco could help me with my confidence.

God drat, Costco may even help with my mental health.

PBUC

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I never take the samples because I don't want to be one of those people.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

the only sample faux pas is if you take multiple samples when other people are obviously waiting in line

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The samples last time I was there were Haagen-Daaz and Nutella on toast with a banana slice, makes me feel bad for the guy stuck giving out raw honey with no chaser or spoon.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
The sample courtesy is to grab a sample, enjoy, shop a bit and get back in line if they put out more.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

FCKGW posted:

I never take the samples because I don't want to be one of those people.

This the safe and reasonable way to approach samples.

I mean it's both. Either don't get the samples and retain your integrity, or say gently caress it and leave your cart lengthwise in the central aisle and take 6 samples and leave the toothpicks everywhere before peeling out and knocking down a stack of the sample boxes on your way out. This behavior is only slightly worse than the standard sample getter.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I just wanted some gummy candy... old BITCH shamed me, in my own hallowed place!!!!!!!!!!!

And a CONTRACTOR? Heathen heretic, I may tell a chaplain of the faith on my next visit about this incident.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

DangerDummy! posted:

"I mean, seriously dad, a hotdog AND a soda with FREE REFILLS for a dollar fifty... How are you gonna beat that?!"

God drat, you are a great father. PBUC

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I just wanted some gummy candy... old BITCH shamed me, in my own hallowed place!!!!!!!!!!!

And a CONTRACTOR? Heathen heretic, I may tell a chaplain of the faith on my next visit about this incident.

Get up in her face next time and tell that bitch "I take what samples I want" in a very Ray Winstone-esque style

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I always take samples with no shame, because : I only take ONE (if the woman wants one too, she has to get her own), I always wait in line, I never stand there and wait for more to be prepared (if there aren't any samples, I go back to shopping) and finally, I never leave my cart someplace stupid.

I did have a sample contractor yell at me once, apparently I wasn't "grateful" enough. gently caress that guy, I'm sure he didn't last more then a couple days.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Stopped at Costco to get some rear end paper amongst other things. Well, you guys yet again are awesome. I asked and the cleric there gave me sauerkraut. PBUC

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I saw a woman tonight on the bus carrying nothing but a giant package of Costco's finest TP.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
poo poo's legit. (tee hee). I think it was $16 for 30 rolls and the quality of any major brand. No excuse for using anything less than 2 ply perfection at great Costco prices.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I've been buying Costco priced toilet paper for so long that I literally forgot how much it cost everywhere else in the world

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I've been buying Costco priced toilet paper for so long that I literally forgot how much it cost everywhere else in the world

Same. I just did a quick search on Target and Quilted Northern and Angel Soft are both $29.99 for 48 rolls. So you could get 60 rolls for the same price as 48 of the name brand which is the same as the Kirkland brand.

loving Costco man. loving Costco.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Same. I just did a quick search on Target and Quilted Northern and Angel Soft are both $29.99 for 48 rolls. So you could get 60 rolls for the same price as 48 of the name brand which is the same as the Kirkland brand.

loving Costco man. loving Costco.

I was on vacation at a rented beach house that only came with 2 rolls for a weeks stay. Had to run to our Kroger-equivalent and was shocked by how much butt paper costs the heretics.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

.... how much butt paper costs the heretics.

New thread title please

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Stopped at Costco to get some rear end paper amongst other things. Well, you guys yet again are awesome. I asked and the cleric there gave me sauerkraut. PBUC

There it is. The optimal Costco hot dog topping configuration.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Gonna do the Tco for lunch, do I do a dog or a slice?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

RocktheCaulk posted:

Gonna do the Tco for lunch, do I do a dog or a slice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Needs Ketchup. All hail the Ketchup apostates, death to the Catsup alliance.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Harald posted:

the only sample faux pas is if you take multiple samples when other people are obviously waiting in line

Imo if you have to wait for the sample you should just skip it in general, stores too busy to have families loitering around in high traffic areas.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Squashy Nipples posted:

I did have a sample contractor yell at me once, apparently I wasn't "grateful" enough. gently caress that guy, I'm sure he didn't last more then a couple days.

Some lady once beat me with a "You're welcome" before I said "Thank you". I just stared at her and walked away. Never saw her again.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

RocktheCaulk posted:

Needs Ketchup. All hail the Ketchup apostates, death to the Catsup alliance.

:manning: you're in the wrong part of town, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

C. Everett Koop posted:

:manning: you're in the wrong part of town, friend

There are many paths to tasty town provided to us be the 'Tco

PBUC