Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hey guys, so recently the mobile game Lineage 2 Revolution released an English client. This game has been #1 in Korea for a while now, and the recent release has brought it to other Asian markets, but now with a fully translated English client. There will likely be a North American release in the next 6 months, but this is a good time to learn the game. There has been some discussion in the android thread about it.

Download link: https://apkpure.com/lineage-2-revolution/com.netmarble.revolutionthm
Play it on Bluestacks 3(By far the best emulator to play it on): http://cdn.bluestacks.com/downloads/3.7.8.1530/BlueStacks-Installer_BS3_native.exe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YY4CniUD88
:siren:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CipL0MLQrxF07_vNUu73nTyqO2cTfI61hDyL9K1hhH0/edit#gid=0:siren:

SERVER: GIRAN 01

My name IG: is Zotics

A couple of things first:
1) At first it seems like it auto does everything for you. Yes, that's true, initially. However, it is advised that you break that habit and play yourself. You'll do better in PvP and in harder content.
2) Yes, it is pay to win. There's no getting around that. However, you can do well a F2P, I've seen Youtubers who are high level F2P already. You can also be quite competitive with very little investment in the game. I.e. monthly bundles.
3) There's more to this than a typical mobile game, and is very much an MMO. Doing your "daily" activities will take you between 1-4 hours, depending on if you want to just get them done, or do them optimally.
4) Healers and tanks are needed. I'm personally playing a Human paladin, but everyone is a DPS, and most of them are damned archers. I feel healers are more rare than tanks, but I could be wrong about that. Either way, both are extremely rare and both are NEEDED. Provided you got this far, do not get trapped buying 10+1 chests. Buy 1 or 2 initially so you have some decent starting gear, and then use your gems for things like extending hot time, and scrolls from the store so you can XP faster.
5) The equipment goes from highest to lowest: SR, R, S, A, B, C. The 10+1 chests will give you all A gear or higher. Here's the thing, and this is important, there is a type of gear for each class which is labeled as rare. You can tell it's rare because the background will be a blue/ purple color. This is your best in slot gear. If you get a piece of this and it starts at S, that is FINE! It will be better than a non rare SR piece of gear. I personally didn't know this, and I'm a bit behind the curve myself but it's not a big deal, because you can get this gear through playing, and combining gear and not constantly rolling the gacha.

Do you see how the gear on the left has a blue background? That is what is "rare" Aim for this if you are rerolling. Do not worry if it's a lower grade such as S grade. You can easily upgrade it to SR with time, and will provide much more power than a non-rare SR.
6) Provided you got this far, do not get trapped buying 10+1 chests. Buy 1 or 2 initially so you have some decent starting gear, and then use your gems for things like extending hot time, and scrolls from the store so you can XP faster.
7) I'd probably play with an emulator. I use one at home, so I can let the game do some stuff on it's own while I play HotS.
8) I don't have a guild created, I'm currently playing in a malaysian guild with english speakers, but I think I'd rather play with people located in North America. I can easily create a guild if there is enough interest.
9) You can buy quest scrolls in the item shop. 10 A grade daily for gold. 10 S grade daily for gems. Buy these. They will help you get through some levels that you would otherwise need to grind out. You can do 5 scroll Questa daily, HOWEVER, you can purchase 5 more attempts for 50 gems, and you can do this three times, for a total of 20 extra quests daily. Do this poo poo. Any time you contemplate buying a 12+1 box, do this instead.

A couple of useful links:
http://l2revolution.gamepedia.com/Class_Guide Basic overview of classes.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y1zE5Q2b_j9mqZK8s8LgNh22Usu2YDDOFCg15QEAO7U/edit#gid=0 This is a farming location for monster cores, collecting these provide nice passive stats to your character and are good to farm while you sleep on an emulator.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Shrine is a goon run guild on Giran 1.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

though shrine is full at the moment. The starting player cap on guilds is only 15, and increases by 1 every guild level, which takes a fair bit of grinding.

as for the game itself, I'm approaching lv.40 and probably not sticking with it much longer. It's an amazing feat of engineering -- but really is a kmmo transplanted directly from a decade ago, with all that implies.

_jink fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 19, 2017

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Great job on the op.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I accidentally found out that I can manually control my character, is there any point to this besides those epic fights where your character doesn't auto-fight?

Also mages use mana potions like it's going out of style on auto-play, is there any way to reduce how often they use them? It's kind of stupid to use a potion twice because my mana got to 75% and I was fighting some level 2 enemies

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Yup!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Holy poo poo, I tried to log into my character on giran1, there's a 240 minute estimated wait time.

I'm gonna be in giran2 for now jesus

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Holy poo poo, I tried to log into my character on giran1, there's a 240 minute estimated wait time.

I'm gonna be in giran2 for now jesus

I think that's just the number of characters ahead of you. It took me about half a minute to log in right now.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

When they introduce castle battles you aren't going to be auto battling. I typically manually control in the extraction dungeon so I can attack people hitting the big flowers to stop them.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I got an S-ranked potion which doubles field exp and extraction exp for an hour.. Is "Extraction exp" quest turn-ins, or something else such as a reward for clearing a dungeon or event battle or something..?

I am back to Giran01, playing a mage because the rogue was boring and everybody is creaming themselves looking for healers in their party. name's ceejay if someone wants to hit me up to join a goon clan or party.

Also I noticed that the rare miniboss animals seem to spawn really, really often - and that people already have learned to just spawn camp them. What level should I start trying to kill those things? Thanks, I had only checked the first two tabs and assumed that any AI control would've been in another area. :)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 20, 2017

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

Zotix posted:

I typically manually control in the extraction dungeon so I can attack people hitting the big flowers to stop them.

Does that only work for the large flowers? Or can you disrupt them extracting small ones too?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You can do it for any, but I typically do it for large flowers only. I typically pop PK mode and drop my more or less screen wide AoE taunt/ disable and run away.

Extraction xp is for flowers dungeon. You might not have unlocked it yet, but it's a really good source of xp. Make sure you pop that potion before you go in as you'll get 300% xp.

Added another item to the list about xp scrolls. Read it, this poo poo will help you level so much faster.

Also gently caress buying boxes. Don't ever do that poo poo after the first 1 or 2 to get you some A grade gear to get started.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 20, 2017

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

coyo7e posted:

I am back to Giran01, playing a mage because the rogue was boring and everybody is creaming themselves looking for healers in their party.

Are there​ dungeons or content where you actually need someone to hold aggro or heal?

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
How would this game control on an emulator? It seems like it's one of those games you use both thumbs to control on the touch screen.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008

Zotix posted:

You can do it for any, but I typically do it for large flowers only. I typically pop PK mode and drop my more or less screen wide AoE taunt/ disable and run away.

Extraction xp is for flowers dungeon. You might not have unlocked it yet, but it's a really good source of xp. Make sure you pop that potion before you go in as you'll get 300% xp.

Added another item to the list about xp scrolls. Read it, this poo poo will help you level so much faster.

Also gently caress buying boxes. Don't ever do that poo poo after the first 1 or 2 to get you some A grade gear to get started.

Ahh, forgot about PK, that's good to know

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Space Bat posted:

How would this game control on an emulator? It seems like it's one of those games you use both thumbs to control on the touch screen.

I play mainly on an emulator at home. Nox works best for me, but Memu is an option as well.

Kegslayer posted:

Are there​ dungeons or content where you actually need someone to hold aggro or heal?

It's an MMO, yeah a lot of stuff requires tanks. The best XP later on requires being in a group farming elites. You can almost do it AFK, but you still need a tank to hold agro and absorb hits, and healers to do their healing thing.

A lot of people(read 99%), are going dps because hey it looks cool. However, they start getting smacked around by poo poo in their 40's. I'm so glad I went tank as I can AoE pull a ton of poo poo in dungeons and just whack it down a bit slower but safely and in larger numbers.

I just got my first rare tonight combining two S grade non-rare chests. Feels good.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 20, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I found that at about level 12-15 as a mage, I need to at least control my entry into areas or I just hemmhorage potions then die when I look away. I'm sure a rogue can easymode it to 25 before that happens but yeah, it does seem to turn into a real rpg sooner or later.

Dwarfs show the most panties

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Pulled a rare sword&shield with my only 10+1 but I can't use it with my bladedancer. Anyone have a dual sword or spear equivalent to trade?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If it's tradeable sell it on the AH, and then buy what you need.

Or use an A grade until you can combine.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
What is the difference between the blue and gold colors of the Auto-Battle button?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Trastion posted:

What is the difference between the blue and gold colors of the Auto-Battle button?

I've been wondering the same thing.

This game seems pretty cool; it reminds me of black desert online. I'm sort of surprised there isn't more crafting in the game as people that play these games seem to really like crafting. Also, after my free 11 pull I was extremely tempted to buy another, so I guess they're doing things right.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I think blue is murder everything in range, using skills and golden is also murder everything, but with just autos.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Exactly that. Blue uses skills, Yellow is only auto attacks.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Candlelight Virgil posted:

I've been wondering the same thing.

This game seems pretty cool; it reminds me of black desert online. I'm sort of surprised there isn't more crafting in the game as people that play these games seem to really like crafting. Also, after my free 11 pull I was extremely tempted to buy another, so I guess they're doing things right.

The game has made absurd money since releasing in Korea 6 months ago. It's the number 1 grossing mobile game in the world, and it's not even allowed in the Chinese App store.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 21, 2017

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
What's the story with these monster cores? It says something about putting them in a journal or something but i can't figure out how to use them

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Top of screen hit the button that looks like 3 horizontal lines to open up the menu. Then click challenges, and then click monster codex. You'll need hundreds but they give stats to your character.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I've just unlocked my 'class transfer' and specced into Shillien Elder (dark elf healer). I only have one healing spell and it's a life drain aoe on a long cool down. Is this not the kind of game where you actually do much healing as a healer? Or do more options unlock later?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Just got an R-class necklace from my free daily, is that decent or pretty commonplace?

Also, one level until my class transfer into plains walker.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Earlier people were talking about autoplay being blue or orange, how do you toggle it between?

And remember the most important thing about weekly quests - is to do them every day! :downsrim:

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

coyo7e posted:

Earlier people were talking about autoplay being blue or orange, how do you toggle it between?

And remember the most important thing about weekly quests - is to do them every day! :downsrim:

Just keep tapping the little arrow thingy by the chat section. It toggles between blue/yellow/off.

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
Anyone know what timezone the server is located? Or is there anywhere in-game to check the time?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The new day rolls over at noon CST for me. However quests and all that reset 3h later at 3pm CST. You can check this by looking in the clan window at the donate button.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Does anyone know when dailies restart everyday?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I noticed not many people itt have posted their in game name.. you get lots of FP for adding friends so don't skip out!

I'm ceejay. Also thinking of making a clan since Shrine is still full

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In as Redrick

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

coyo7e posted:

I noticed not many people itt have posted their in game name.. you get lots of FP for adding friends so don't skip out!

I'm ceejay. Also thinking of making a clan since Shrine is still full

I'd be down to co run a North American guild if you want to. I know you're a pretty big mobile gamer as I typically see you in these threads. The guild I'm in right now is a pretty good guild, but everyone plays on opposite times I do so I miss out on the guild boss, and it's hard to get a hot time group up.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

My in game name is Adrienna

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Zotix posted:

I'd be down to co run a North American guild if you want to. I know you're a pretty big mobile gamer as I typically see you in these threads. The guild I'm in right now is a pretty good guild, but everyone plays on opposite times I do so I miss out on the guild boss, and it's hard to get a hot time group up.
Word. I'd rather not need to be a leader but I am PST timezone and have a lot of internet access so I can check in and do maintenance as long as I don't have to deal with drama lol. I'll throw down a few gold tonight after I figure out a clan name - I applied to Shrine but they're 18/18 and I don't want someone else to need to be kicked just to get in. I'm spamming friend requests to everybody I see the name of though because you can get like 5 or 6 FP per player, each day just for sending an ACK/SYN friend thingy at them, even after you're friended up.

I'm a dwarf mage, probably going to spec healer because it gives me a heal+def bonus, a ground-slam knockdown, and a group HP buff.

edit: :siren: created clan Tricksters, my name is ceejay so hit me up if you want in. I left min level at 10 until we have population or activity problems then I guess we can deal with it.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 22, 2017

Suck-A-Sage
Nov 11, 2008
I'm in shrine as SukASage. Probably going to stay on these servers, depends how far I progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The more you play the more obvious the lat ncy issues are. You ar connecting to south east Asia and 300ms ping is the norm. You'll notice it fighting players and melee classes will notice it when they need to run out of AoE.

• Locked thread