Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

EccoRaven posted:

keep reaching for more narratives.

I think what's happened is the scumteam is pera/quid, but quid went in all game day defending pmush, so now that his only reasonable alternative to save himself is to vote pera, he balks.

that seems to make the most sense right now.

if it really is quid/much then I accept my title as king of mafia, how great would that be.

why would I give a poo poo in a flipless games about connections people could make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
- if you vote for mush you contradict you all day saying you think mush is town
- if you vote for pera (with this theory) you'd be voting for a scumbuddy

it's not about connections it's about consistency. mush or pera are your only avenue for not dying today. If you're town, since you expressed suspicion towards pera (accusing her of being my scumbuddy), then it should be easy to make a case against her, especially since you have a very receptive audience in the form of me.

come on do it!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'd be happy to vote for pera, I think the two of you are scum together.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

In fact I already explained why I think pera might be scum, why are you demanding I make a second case

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

pera, unrelated, I hope my usage of dadding hadn't offended you

Oh my god I shouldn't have said anything please AA relax nobody is angry or mad over words.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That said, I need to read your posts. I won't lie, my eyes glossed over on sections so I skimmed for key points and that is unfair to you, and it happens to me all the time, so I will give them their due diligence, I just didn't pick up bad vibes from you so...

I'm waffling on Quid and leaning mush. I don't have enough on BK yet to do anything with confidence regarding him and certainly feel any more whining about his sincere look at my posts only makes me look worse.

AA, I hope you find your explorations fruitful. Periodically, I've been trying to bold poo poo because I know my verbosity is a negative. We are running out of time, though, right? Won't be able to be around right at dnd between dinner and dungeons and dragons and druid.

After all that's happened, I want to see who gets nk'd and if either PMush or Quid aren't scum, they're safe tonight regardless. Same is probably true of me, Ecco, BK... well, poo poo. nevermind on that train of thought. Thought I had something.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I'd be happy to vote for pera, I think the two of you are scum together.

Just a thought: there's more movement on looking at me atm, why switch to targeting her again - enough to vote it, even - and hit up this "Ecco and pera are scum together!"

Like, pushing one or the other makes sense, but both? We're pretty clearly not cooperating in any way. There's nothing that substantiates this. You just think I'm always scum and well here's Ecco - you couldn't even get over the errors you both made about her vote on you having anything to you with my prodding.

That said, explicitly responding that I think it's mush and quid, it's obviously one of them, yeah? I think Quid is the bigger liability and that a scummush will buckle under day 2 pressure. (Sorry darlin' <3)

I am returning to soft-voting Quid because obviously I'm not running in here hours before deadline, pending a situation shift, I will do so prior to deadline (though likely 30mish? earlier cuz of aforementioned plans.)

Ugh, this one is long again. Sorry guys.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Pera pushing "clearly it's pmush or quid right??" is probably the biggest chain-dunk setup I've seen in a long time, and makes it pretty obvious pmush and I are both town

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Maia edit: not her vote on you, obviously - my vote on you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

Pera pushing "clearly it's pmush or quid right??" is probably the biggest chain-dunk setup I've seen in a long time, and makes it pretty obvious pmush and I are both town

If AA hadn't specifically said he wanted to reread me, you'd be lynched for this post. Drop the shovel, Quid.

Also - again, not "clearly," I said:

peramene posted:

That said, explicitly responding that I think it's mush and quid, it's obviously one of them, yeah? I think Quid is the bigger liability and that a scummush will buckle under day 2 pressure. (Sorry darlin' <3)

If you think it's Ecco and me, why aren't you calling Ecco's bluff and slapping a vote on me? You're grasping at straws. Again.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

- if you vote for mush you contradict you all day saying you think mush is town
- if you vote for pera (with this theory) you'd be voting for a scumbuddy

I know as well as you do that the second supposition isn't true, why the gently caress aren't you voting me?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
gosh quid you have such reluctance to make a case, even one that could save your life and win the game. how strange that you refuse to make it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
🎶 pera and quiddy, being best friends, together forever the scum never end, making bad cases one post at a time, pera and quiddy: two of a kind 🎶

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

🎶 pera and quiddy, being best friends, together forever the scum never end, making bad cases one post at a time, pera and quiddy: two of a kind 🎶

Are you off pmush then? You were pushing pretty hard earlier.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So is anyone who isn't Ecco or Pera going to chime in or is this game going to go down to apathy letting them lead you around by the nose?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

Are you off pmush then? You were pushing pretty hard earlier.

if I had a three-person vig kill I would feel fine shooting all three of them. but right now I think pera is scummier than mush if only because of connections to quidnose (whom I am going to treat as scum short of a dramatic change in the game). but as I've been saying, my feelings vacillate, and every time I think about the game new thoughts come and go. all I know for certain is I like quidnose as scum more than anyone else right now, and so my vote is there.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
h

Quidthulhu posted:

So is anyone who isn't Ecco or Pera going to chime in or is this game going to go down to apathy letting them lead you around by the nose?

ey quidnose are you scum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not, but you already know that

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
🔥 TRAP SPRUNG 😎

🌩 SYNX GAMBIT ACHIEVED 😱

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ecco you are insufferable

##vote quidnose it will bring me great joy if you are town that you are sinking this ship, godspeed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Quidthulhu died D1

NIGHT 1

Votecount for Day 1

Quidthulhu (4): BottleKnight, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Anomalous Amalgam, Quidthulhu
EccoRaven (1): Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, Quidthulhu, PMush Perfect, areyoucontagious, PMush Perfect, areyoucontagious, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
PMush Perfect (1): EccoRaven, EccoRaven, Anomalous Amalgam, areyoucontagious, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (1): peramene

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 21st, 2017 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 22, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
No One, Nothing aligned Nobody, died N1

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (6): Anomalous Amalgam, areyoucontagious, BottleKnight, EccoRaven, peramene, PMush Perfect

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 23rd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

36 Hour Day. If the day is too short, please let me know via PM ASAP

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
neat

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You're welcome.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Working again today, will be here on breaks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote ecco

I jailed Ecco, details later.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
there are no more details.

If you're telling the truth then I was clearly the target of the nightkill because I was very obviously the most town player in the game who led the vote on a very obvious scum who hammered himself to end the day early.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
In true Quid fashion: HURM

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll be around after a while to talk. Wading through tax nightmares at the moment.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
relevant bit of discord log.

quote:

[8:54 AM] Kashuno: I will run it right now.
[8:54 AM] rebecco: a "problem" with flipless games is it requires effort on the part of the town
[8:54 AM] Podima: i mean, why not do a 7 person game? 2 scum 5 town
[8:54 AM] Podima: i think that ratio is correct
[8:54 AM] rebecco: a PieC9 would be good imo
[8:55 AM] Kashuno: Roles in a flipless game seems the worst.
[8:55 AM] Kashuno: aaaa

so on the one hand this happened and kash opened the game a few minutes later, on the other hand the night was so long there must have been roles of some sort.

this is the setup for a PieC9
http://samafia.net/wiki/PieC9

at most it would include a roleblocker, a cop, and a doc. changing the roleblocker or doctor to a jailor is an interesting choice, if true. it's not one I would do.

another hypothesis is that, since most people were around yesterday, the only player who held up the night was pmush, who was AFK at work and didn't come back before kashuno went to bed. whether that means mushroom is scum or town who knows.

I dunno. I know I didn't, couldn't, perform a kill last night, so clearly if PMush is telling the truth (and I have no way to verify or deny it through my role alone), then I was the target. Which would make sense, since, come on.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm bored. Here's an outline of the possibilities for this claim. feel free to disagree with my conclusions about the probabilities for these possibilities.

PMUSH SCUM / ECCO SCUM:
- Weird gambit, flipless makes this even weirder

very unlikely to be true

PMUSH SCUM / ECCO TOWN:
- The night was long because PMush didn't submit a kill/roleblock promptly. It was blocked for some reason and PMush is making lemonade.
- Or, PMush withheld the kill to run this gambit (weird)

possible, but I'm not feeling it.

PMUSH TOWN / ECCO SCUM:
- Everything is as PMush says, I was jailed trying to perform the kill and that's that.
- This would require me to be scum, which let's be clear wouldn't jive with my play at all this game. You all know it.
--- This would also require Quidnose to be town (which is a really, really bold belief that is very difficult to support with text, especially considering the early hammer and the complete lack of payoff for a scum bus).

possible but unlikely.

PMUSH TOWN / ECCO TOWN:
- The night was long because PMush wasn't around to submit a jail promptly.
- I was targeted for the nightkill (because: I am the heaviest poster; I am making cases and scumhunting; and I pushed for Quidnose, who was, let's be clear, very likely scum).

this makes the most sense to me right now.

======

I went into the day thinking it was more likely pera than anyone else because of quidnose's shenanigans. The only other real candidate I was pursuing was PMush but I'm inclined to believe their claim, and so I'm now pretty comfortable casing pera today.

Thoughts?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Obligatory woo at Ecco seeing d2

Mush - why the gently caress would you claim something like jailer unless you could prove it somehow? unless you're fishing for a doc or something?

EccoRaven posted:

relevant bit of discord log.

I know it is what it is and nothing is fair anywhere but it just seems really lame to pull out of game info based on what a mod does in public into a game one way or the other and I'd say that I expect more sportsladyship from you save for the fact that I know you're ruthless and I refused to vote you d1 for OOG reasons so lol @ me. Also realizing I used OOG info to make sure nobody dove on BK for not-lurking.

EccoRaven posted:

... clearly if PMush is telling the truth (and I have no way to verify or deny it through my role alone), then I was the target. Which would make sense, since, come on.

As true as this is (and it is) - doesn't everyone know that? Why base a kill off that? This is WIFOM, right? On the other hand, I would never SAY this as --- okay, right, WIFOM. Nevermind.

EccoRaven posted:

... kash opened the game a few minutes later, on the other hand the night was so long there must have been roles of some sort.

"[PieC9 games either have just the one doc; just the one cop; both; or neither.] If both or neither[b] are in the game, one mafia member is a roleblocker." LMAO THO @ neither

As I'm understanding it, s!Quid means we're 5/1 and town!Quid means we're 4/2. I would say we have no way of seeing which is which, but...

PMush Perfect posted:

[b]##vote ecco

I jailed Ecco, details later.

Bullshit.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh oh oh I love these I've always wanted to do one let's rock it up

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Gun to my head if I had to figure out an order to who I think was most likely to be scum to least at the open of day 2 it'd be something like

pera > AYC > BK > AA > PMush > Ecco

essentially if the scum are AA and/or BK then they're doing a good job, they're posting cases and making comments on others' and so on. Especially since that'd mean town were among Quidnose/pera/PMush/AYC, they'd earn their victory. I'm not 100% that BK and AA are town, but I'm definitely not thinking of them as scum at this time. I am always open to being persuaded otherwise, and a good case can make me very receptive.

I suspect it's pera partially because of (BK's?) case which is something I pointed out to quidnose halfway through Day 1: pera frequently used a lot of words to say very little, and as others have commented it makes reading her posts more difficult than they ought to be.

I also suspect it's her because of her relation to Quidnose. If we assume Quid was scum (which is a pretty safe assumption), then pera makes sense as an obvious buddy. Pera (I capitalize the first words of sentences, it's not a personal slight) only came around to saying "Quidnose is scum!" late in the day, and she never voted for him (though iirc by the time she came around to quid being scum he was at -1 already? I wasn't keeping close tabs on the count tbh, I was surprised quid's self-vote was a hammer).

Likewise, Quidnose acted super weird about pera all day. I recall he barely mentioned her, and then when he did it he made it in a joking, "I bet pera and Ecco are scum together!" way. Then at the end of the day, despite it being clear that voting for pera (a player he said he thought was scum) would be the best way to save him from dying (which presumably town players want to not die especially if they can get scum killed instead), he refused to go for it. I told him, explicitly, what he could do to get me to unvote him, but he instead chose to commit hari kari.

Quidnose's reaction as town only makes sense if he's histrionic and dramatic, which is possible, I don't really know his disposition very well. But if he was scum, scum with pera, then his reaction actually does make a lot of sense. He wouldn't want to vote for pera because it'd still be hurting his team; he would rather die first. It would also explain pera's "I think quidnose is scum but I won't vote for him yet" deal, though that one is less certain (since it might have been hammer).

I've read the game closely (obviously) and all of this is my recollection. There's a chance some of the minor details are wrong - maybe pera did make a proper case against Quidnose, I don't recall it but I'm sure it'd be easy to find but I'm feeling lazy right now so I'll post this and then review it for factual accuracy, which is not a good practice and I don't encourage it in others.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hi pera sorry for capitalizing your nickname in there.

I'm not 100% sold on you but I hope you see where I am coming from with you and I hope you can allay my suspicions!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
1 - PMUSH SCUM / ECCO SCUM:
- Weird gambit, flipless makes this even weirder

Why? I'll grant that it'd be a weird gambit but it sounds like fun to me. Withheld nightkill because it's irrelevant because you two got Quid (and I know you know why), "obviously aren't aligned," and now you'll grab a target and dive in hard while she workkurks but then dives in last-second scum VIP???

2 - PMUSH SCUM / ECCO TOWN:
- The night was long because PMush didn't submit a kill/roleblock promptly. It was blocked for some reason and PMush is making lemonade.
- Or, PMush withheld the kill to run this gambit (weird)
- possible, but I'm not feeling it.

I'm fascinated by the fact that you've included the word 'promptly' here even though my initial remark was going to be something along the lines of "loving NO WAY does someone forget to submit a nk"

3 - PMUSH TOWN / ECCO SCUM:
- Everything is as PMush says, I was jailed trying to perform the kill and that's that.
- This would require me to be scum, which let's be clear wouldn't jive with my play at all this game. You all know it.
--- This would also require Quidnose to be town (which is a really, really bold belief that is very difficult to support with text, especially considering the early hammer and the complete lack of payoff for a scum bus).
- possible but unlikely.

no way; except why are you counting on us knowing you aren't scum because of your play? I disagree with the notion but I'm bewildered you'd say that.

4 - PMUSH TOWN / ECCO TOWN:
- The night was long because PMush wasn't around to submit a jail promptly.
- I was targeted for the nightkill (because: I am the heaviest poster; I am making cases and scumhunting; and I pushed for Quidnose, who was, let's be clear, very likely scum).
- this makes the most sense to me right now.

You have no way of knowing any of this for certain save that you're the heaviest poster (in # of posts, anyway) and god drat it, you pushed for Quid as a joke and then went back to it, repeatedly setting yourself up to not "take it as seriously as it merited" while I opened with a metaread on s!Quid. Literally nobody has acknowledged this at any point save myself but I'll say it again. (rereading my tone here sounds harsh - I don't mean it to be, let's let my honest words in the moment stand as what they were like five minutes ago, I just woke up & blame meds for shaking up my vernacular.)

That said, "it is never pro-town to self-hammer." Quid was obviously(?) scum - you seem sure, I'm pretty sure, we did vote him, hell he voted himself! ha ha ha - just based on the self-hammer loving s!Quid was either real or not playing pro-town so gg us.

I'm comfortable crossing off 3. I think it's peculiar that you're so in PMush's court suddenly after your aggressive attitude yesterday. As much as I'd like to "I'D DO IT! <3", 1 just isn't realistic. Either there'll be a counterclaim and we can plank pmush or.. something else will happen? loving "details later." WHY

preview edit oooo i see you talking to me lets go lets go lets go

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not 100% sold on you but I hope you see where I am coming from with you and I hope you can allay my suspicions!

I appreciate the effort and recognize the struggle. <3 Thank you regardless, even if you would shoot me given the choice (hot).

OMG REALLY, TWICE IN A ROW?? GOOD MORNING TO YOU TOO, ECCO <3

Gun to my head if I had to figure out an order to who I think was most likely to be scum to least at the open of day 2 it'd be something like

EccoRaven posted:

pera > AYC > BK > AA > PMush > Ecco

essentially if the scum are AA and/or BK then they're doing a good job, they're posting cases and making comments on others' and so on. Especially since that'd mean town were among Quidnose/pera/PMush/AYC, they'd earn their victory. I'm not 100% that BK and AA are town, but I'm definitely not thinking of them as scum at this time. I am always open to being persuaded otherwise, and a good case can make me very receptive.

I'd better learn how to make a good case because scum!BK would gun for me hard as hell, especially if he only had a few bits to play. Please take his case into account with the possibility that he might be scum and on the grounds that he and I are the same tree planted in neighboring fields. But also don't just shoot him for it. honey, it is REALLY hard to play with you. the wifoms stack up so far and so fast it makes my head spin.

I suspect it's pera partially because of (BK's?) case which is something I pointed out to quidnose halfway through Day 1: pera frequently used a lot of words to say very little, and as others have commented it makes reading her posts more difficult than they ought to be.

As I said! My words matter, drat it, but if they'll get lost in the noise, I'll use less per post. Especially since looking at AYC's postcount pic I look lurk as gently caress when ya'll know I ain't been.

I also suspect it's her because of her relation to Quidnose. If we assume Quid was scum (which is a pretty safe assumption), then pera makes sense as an obvious buddy. [pera] only came around to saying "Quidnose is scum!" late in the day, and she never voted for him (though iirc by the time she came around to quid being scum he was at -1 already? I wasn't keeping close tabs on the count tbh, I was surprised quid's self-vote was a hammer).

Likewise, Quidnose acted super weird about pera all day. I recall he barely mentioned her, and then when he did it he made it in a joking, "I bet pera and Ecco are scum together!" way. Then at the end of the day, despite it being clear that voting for pera (a player he said he thought was scum) would be the best way to save him from dying (which presumably town players want to not die especially if they can get scum killed instead), he refused to go for it. I told him, explicitly, what he could do to get me to unvote him, but he instead chose to commit hari kari.

(Good on you for knowing the right term, girl.) 1) NOT TRUE ;o; 2) He was pretty clearly scum but I wasn't going to hammer because I was waiting for AYC to case me. [wifom wifom wifom wifom] 3) quid played for scum by self-hammering. I am always hesitant to vote and I am especially hesitant to vote early. You'll see in two of my posts that I reference being 'ready to' or 'soft-voting' Quid, but I wasn't sure enough to drop the vote and ESPECIALLY not to hammer. and realtalk if s!Quid and scum!pera were true, I'd have had him let me kill him. Self-hammering was all-but a loving confession. town!Quid not only votes ME, he grabs BK's case and drowns me with it after whispering in my ear that "some of us keep our loving promises." In yesterday's atmosphere, I can only uncomfortably cede that he... really should have?

Quidnose's reaction as town only makes sense if he's histrionic and dramatic, which is possible, I don't really know his disposition very well.

(This is possible, but if so, JESUS CHRIST, QUID - stop signing up for games if you're not going to play to your loving wincon. And especially don't blow an experiment over it.)

But if he was scum, scum with pera, then his reaction actually does make a lot of sense. He wouldn't want to vote for pera because it'd still be hurting his team; he would rather die first. It would also explain pera's "I think quidnose is scum but I won't vote for him yet" deal, though that one is less certain (since it might have been hammer).

I don't have a meaningful response to this one since I've covered it, but didn't want to leave out your emphasis. s!Quid & scum!pera just isn't realistic. Either Quid was scum, I have a partner who is presently doing well and earning their victory, or I'm town. I'm town (and was SURE I was dead last night so I'm just loving bewildered. Why are we both alive?? Somebody hosed up.)

]There's a chance some of the minor details are wrong - maybe pera did make a proper case against Quidnose

I don't know if you'd call it a proper case (I am continuing to lose my grasp on what exactly constitutes a 'good case' in this community, I speak to people, I talk about interactions, I accuse, I consider... [i]sigh
. I had Quid dead to rights just like I had MMT dead to rights in the first game of yours I tried to play (& subbed out of) and for the same reasons, I just wasn't as sure of it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

post-post fuckup edit:

I am always understanding when people think I am scum (as either alignment [wifom wifom wifom]) because I never learned how to not talk like a supervillain monologue-ing her mastermind plan to the hero right before trying to murder them. It's just who I am. It's the rep I've built. It's cool.

[B}EXCEPT[/b] that Backstabbing Kiddo who ran up into my business and shoved me around - after a token case thrown at presumed scumbuddy Quid - without so much as a hello or a thank you and then went right back to playing wow like a JERK!!!

(bk scum but there's nothing else to make a loving case out of lmao)

DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
... are you loving kidding me with that } tag you piece of poo poo

morning ruined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

Why? I'll grant that it'd be a weird gambit but it sounds like fun to me. Withheld nightkill because it's irrelevant because you two got Quid (and I know you know why), "obviously aren't aligned," and now you'll grab a target and dive in hard while she workkurks but then dives in last-second scum VIP???
without a flip bussing a scumbuddy has very minor rewards. if scum decide to bus each other they don't get the satisfaction of the town going "oh hey ecco flipped scum that means PMush is certainly town!". Even if it's someone like Quidnose, who we all agree was probably scum, we still have to qualify it: he was "probably" scum which means people voting against him were "probably" town.

Bussing is already not a very good scum strategy except in outstanding circumstances, but it makes even less sense in a flipless game.

peramene posted:

I'm fascinated by the fact that you've included the word 'promptly' here even though my initial remark was going to be something along the lines of "loving NO WAY does someone forget to submit a nk"
kashuno likely went to bed shortly after the deadline. If I were scum I'd have seen the writing on the wall re:quidnose a long time ago and submitted a kill in advance, I imagine the only person who couldn't would be PMush if only because AFK.

peramene posted:

no way; except why are you counting on us knowing you aren't scum because of your play? I disagree with the notion but I'm bewildered you'd say that.
I generally have a good sense for how my posting comes off to people. I don't care to make myself less of a jerk, but I do know when I am posting well and when I am not. I've been posting well this game and I think most people could see that (iirc going into today only PMush explicitly thought I was more likely scum than not; AYC and AA had minor concerns but they seemed to dissipate as the day continued).

peramene posted:

I'm comfortable crossing off 3. I think it's peculiar that you're so in PMush's court suddenly after your aggressive attitude yesterday. As much as I'd like to "I'D DO IT! <3", 1 just isn't realistic. Either there'll be a counterclaim and we can plank pmush or.. something else will happen? loving "details later." WHY

If PMush is scum, why not just claim cop? It's an easier claim and it doesn't open up the possibility for the claim being true but me still being town like jailor does.

Since the game still has some time left in it, people might ask later on "why haven't the scum yet nightkilled PMush, the claimed power role" which would be bad for credibility. That means it'd be a short-term gamble for long-term loss, which makes it a bad choice.

If PMush isn't directly responsible for the lack of a nightkill, then PMush risks being counterclaimed by a doctor or something, which also makes it a bad gamble.

And if this is a gamble, why do this hail mary against me? Sure it might get me out of the running but plenty of other people think PMush is scummy this game, all it would do is draw attention to themselves and scum typically don't do that.

And also, quite frankly I just don't think PMush being scum is likely because I don't think pmush is wily enough scum to make a gamble like this in the first place. It'd be a bold move, it wouldn't make much strategic sense, and it'd require a lot of finesse just to get through it in one piece let alone achieving scum objectives.

• Locked thread