Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I've got an awful feeling about whatever Chevy gave away to get Vegas to pick a worthless UFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ignoring the trades, that's the roster from Vegas' picks. $51.1 mil cap hit.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Lightning got absolutely schooled.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kilza posted:

Nikita Gusev, 2017 2nd and 2018 4th from Tampa for picking Garrison.

Considering the rest of Vegas's picks this is atrocious by Tampa.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

chris loving thorburn

:wtc:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilza posted:

Ignoring the trades, that's the roster from Vegas' picks. $51.1 mil cap hit.

MAF is gonna party on this team like it's 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm very excited to see the best line in the KHL in vegas.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
McPhee really fleeced the state of Florida.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

so the isles gave up a 2017 1st, 2019 2nd and a defenseman prospect Bischoff who will likely never play a game in the NHL to get rid of Grabovski's contract and have Vegas select JF Berube

That owns, the 2019 2nd hadn't been mentioned in earlier rumors but lol if you think humanity will still be around 2 years from now so who cares

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
You have to think that gusev had no plans to go to tampa. If that's the case, the. It's basically dropping garrisons contract for a second and a fourth. Which is ok, but emelin man. Emelin.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Kinda wondering if Hagelin is going to Vegas in a trade since he's just kinda there at the awards with Crosby.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Iodised QQ posted:

so the isles gave up a 2017 1st, 2019 2nd and a defenseman prospect Bischoff who will likely never play a game in the NHL to get rid of Grabovski's contract and have Vegas select JF Berube

That owns, the 2019 2nd hadn't been mentioned in earlier rumors but lol if you think humanity will still be around 2 years from now so who cares

Vegas traded Nelson (or De Haan) for a 1st, a future 2nd and a cash dump.

And people were talking poo poo about Snow a couple days ago.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

FUCKKKKKKKK YOUUUU EMELIN GET BENT

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RoOwSKI7M

It happened!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Today has been a good day

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Our long nightmare is (almost) over!

Now lets see how bergevin will gently caress this up and sign some 6d to a 4 year 20m deal

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah we're not out of the woods yet, but at least that stupid ghost isn't chasing us anymore.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Yeah we're not out of the woods yet, but at least that stupid ghost isn't chasing us anymore.

In the distance Lucic sighs as an Emelin approaches

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Condition on the pick going in the Minnesota-Vegas trade:
https://twitter.com/Russostrib/status/877704324381499392

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Im still smiling from ear to ear

Man i wish i could go back in my post history and quote everytime i spoke about emelin. You guys have no idea (except maybe CAS) how muxch this means to me lol

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

stab posted:

You guys have no idea (except maybe CAS) how muxch this means to me lol

Well I shed no tears for Sbisa's loss, I cannot celebrate knowing the misery that has been lifted from my shoulders now falls onto so many others.

techno allah
Sep 29, 2005

Well so far that is one garbage rear end team. I hope for their sake it changes a lot before opening day

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Vatanen goes to Vegas in addition to Stoner from Anaheim.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/877710732250423296
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/877711154197315584
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/877711289254002689
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/877711517155639296
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/877711761457029120

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

techno allah posted:

Well so far that is one garbage rear end team. I hope for their sake it changes a lot before opening day

It won't. GMGM is doing exactly what that guy said he would. Deliberately selecting nothing players so as not to upset his rival GMs as he knows full well he has to make a bunch of trades with them over the next few years. He's prioritizing his job over the franchise. Understandable from a personal perspective, but I'm surprised the NHL is okay with this given that they deliberately tried to make it so Vegas could start with an alright roster this time and not flounder around for 3-5 seasons like every other expansion franchise.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Dunno why they didn't end with MAF, he's obviously going to be their biggest star

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

https://twitter.com/NHLJets/status/877711923558596608

This to keep Dano and Enstrom and everyone else of value. I'm pretty OK with this.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Hockles posted:

Dunno why they didn't end with MAF, he's obviously going to be their biggest star

They better name that man captain tomorrow.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Pens were desperate to get rid of MAF and all they could get out of it was an additional 2020 second round pick?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

It won't. GMGM is doing exactly what that guy said he would. Deliberately selecting nothing players so as not to upset his rival GMs as he knows full well he has to make a bunch of trades with them over the next few years. He's prioritizing his job over the franchise. Understandable from a personal perspective, but I'm surprised the NHL is okay with this given that they deliberately tried to make it so Vegas could start with an alright roster this time and not flounder around for 3-5 seasons like every other expansion franchise.

on the other hand by the day after this year's deadline, Vegas will have around 10% of the league's total draft picks for the next couple of years so I bet the 2024 Golden Knights are a juggernaut

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

My only regret about Emelin was that he was not gone sooner.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

The Pens were desperate to get rid of MAF and all they could get out of it was an additional 2020 second round pick?

GMGM doesn't want to piss anyone off.

He could have a borderline playoff roster today if he'd chosen to be aggressive. Instead he has a really, really historically lovely team. Maybe a tad better than Columbus or Atlanta's inaugural teams, but not much and that was definitely not what the league was going for.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

.Spec posted:

Would only be a ceremonial thing, since goalies can't be captain. Just like when they sort of named Lu captain when he was in Vancouver, he just had a C painted on his mask.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

.Spec posted:

sorry, the Jets kicked in another 7th rounder to have Thorburn named captain

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

what? pulkkinen? i did a double take because my eyes saw a russian name and my mind instantly went to burmistrov. and it doesn't look like we traded for protection?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I know that we knew the Vegas roster was not going to be as good as it could have been, but I'm sure we didn't expect it to be this bad.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hockles posted:

Would only be a ceremonial thing, since goalies can't be captain. Just like when they sort of named Lu captain when he was in Vancouver, he just had a C painted on his mask.

Goalies can be captain, they just can't perform captain duties on the ice. Alternates have to take over discussing things with the ref.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kilza posted:

I know that we knew the Vegas roster was not going to be as good as it could have been, but I'm sure we didn't expect it to be this bad.

their center lineup is ok? and their D is the jumble of middle 4 guys we knew they would have

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

GMGM doesn't want to piss anyone off.

He could have a borderline playoff roster today if he'd chosen to be aggressive. Instead he has a really, really historically lovely team. Maybe a tad better than Columbus or Atlanta's inaugural teams, but not much and that was definitely not what the league was going for.

We have no idea what the actual roster is going to look like. 8-12 of these guys are going to be traded before the season starts, and they can sign UFAs.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
While some of the trades seem dumb, the strategy of going after all those defensemen will pay off. Practically every single one of those dudes is going to fetch a lopsided value when a pack of GMs inevitably make poor decisions to shore up their defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

reminder that pulkkinen wasn't even a waiver claim, he was traded for future considerations because the waiver claim would cost more. chayka is confirmed to have jedi mind tricks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hu_d5vVBT8

• Locked thread