Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

MorphineMike posted:

Any space in QGJ (or any active goon guidl)? I easily hit 600 tickets a day, even if I'm a bit low to contribute meaningfully to raids at level 63.

Ally code is 441-565-342

Message delivered.

e: you're in a guild already

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Message delivered.

e: you're in a guild already

Yeah, didn't want to join a guild doing high level raids until I had a char with enough stars to actually get rewards from it, so found a pubbie one for a trickle of guild currency. I've just left my old guild. Thanks!

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hey QGJ folks, I've been a little weak on ticket generation this week, been on vacation and have only really played mornings. Sorry, don't kick, etc.

I'm SA Noodles in guild.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I keep explaining what I'm up to, and people keep looking at me weirdly. I think I've even posted about it in here. I'll be running zeta lead Jyn, zK2, zzR2, Chaze. Once I get two more zetas, I can get this started, and then the next zeta will go to making Jyn unstunnable. This requires pretty specific mods to make it work, and has a lot of crazy interactions, so I'll do my best to break down what my plan is.

The first piece is Jyn's lead, which has two significant pieces to it. The first is that any time a rebel gains a buff, they recover 5% protection. The second piece is that enemies that suffer debuffs during Rebel allies turn have 50% chance to be exposed, can't be resisted.

Allies that give buffs:
Jyn, basic: advantage (self), special: advantage (ally).
Chirrut, basic: hot (self, ally), special: allies turn debuffs into hots, unique: allies gain a hot when crit
Baze, unique: taunt, retribution (self)
K2: taunt
R2: special: stealth (allies), foresight, advantage (ally

Allies that give debuffs:
Baze, Jyn, K2, R2
Unfortunately, the biggest source of debuffs will be counterattacks from K2/Baze, which will not trigger expose.

For Jyn and Chirrut, I'm probably looking at about 30-35k prot, for R2, 50k, and for Baze/K2, 70k. It's a little hard to get there, but here's how. R2 starts with 22k prot, and I'll give him 3x prot primaries, for 37510. With just a little bit of bonus protection, I can get that up to 41-42k. Since there are two droids, he gains 20% prot (and 50% health for rebels), which will take him to around 35k hp and 49-50k prot. This means he'll give everyone else 3.5k hp and 5k prot. Baze and K2 start around 28-29k prot. With 4 protection primaries (I really don't need them moving fast), that brings them to 54-56k prot, plus an additional 5k from R2 for 60k. From there, I need about 1500 prot in secondaries on each item, or about 5% (i have rolled a 4% prot secondary before). I have a couple 2k prot secondaries as well, so this is doable. This means that for every buff gained, K2 and Baze gain 3500 hp, and as you can see from the above, they'll actually get a lot of buffs.
Jyn and R2 will be running 100% speed, while Chirrut will be running my offense set (it's better than my best CD set).

Next up, K2's zeta gives him +1% max protection every time he takes damage, which works out to 700 prot. That might not sound like a lot, but in addition to increasing his maximum prot, he also gains that much current prot (e.g. 65k/70k to 65,700/70,700), and most of the time he takes damage, he'll gain one buff from his counterattack (taunt), and an additional buff any time he takes a critical. This also increases the amount of protection he heals over the course of the battle, so dots and burning actually do him a lot of good, especially if Chirrut can flip them into hots.

Then, there's R2's second zeta, which makes it so that anytime a light side hero crits, they cleanse themselves (in addition to +10% CC and Accuracy). For this reason, I'm running 6x CC set mods on Baze and K2, while R2 and Jyn will be speed/CC, and Chirrut will be Offense/CC. Everyone should have over 50% CC after R2's unique (and Chirrut will have around 70%). This is particularly significant for Baze, Chirrut, and K2, who also have very high crit chance (practically 100%), so debuffs will rarely stick on them for long.

Final cool piece? Jyn has a revive.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 23, 2017

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
K2 is negated completely by buff immunity (TFP, Anakin, i dont know who else) and revive is negated by Boba fett and DN.

It's good theorycrafting but the few teams i've seen people do this comp on my shard gave up on it in a few days. I don't say it won't work, but i doubt it will net you top 3

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah, the guy who was running the R1 rebel team on my shard that I avoided like the plague recently went back to the standard Rex DN Chaze GK. He didn't have R2 though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mister Blueberry posted:

K2 is negated completely by buff immunity (TFP, Anakin, i dont know who else) and revive is negated by Boba fett and DN.

It's good theorycrafting but the few teams i've seen people do this comp on my shard gave up on it in a few days. I don't say it won't work, but i doubt it will net you top 3

K2 with high crit chance and R2 zeta has a good chance to cleanse himself, plus Chirrut can help with that.

I'm very well aware of Boba Fett and DN, but Fett is pretty far out of the meta, and for DN, I'm pretty confident in this team's ability to race.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Mr. Neutron posted:

They probably work great at low levels, if you by some miracle pull Shore from your free chromium and Veers from bronzium, you can become king of your shard, if only temporarily.

I hate lowbie Arena. It's dominated by alts so the players take a scorched earth approach and put everything into farming characters that you wouldn't normally acquire right away or people who just make alts and whale-it-up during freebie events so you won't have access to their characters for a long time.

Mal - even if your meta doesn't work perfectly, people will hate you for making them deal with the inconvenience of K2 and Jyn so it's a win-win.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

I hate lowbie Arena. It's dominated by alts so the players take a scorched earth approach and put everything into farming characters that you wouldn't normally acquire right away or people who just make alts and whale-it-up during freebie events so you won't have access to their characters for a long time.

Mal - even if your meta doesn't work perfectly, people will hate you for making them deal with the inconvenience of K2 and Jyn so it's a win-win.

Yeah. I avoid the Jyn/Chaze/K2 teams on my shardbwhen I can not because I can't win but because HOLY poo poo is the taunt juggling annoying if I don't get some lucky buff immunity out immediately.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yeah. I avoid the Jyn/Chaze/K2 teams on my shardbwhen I can not because I can't win but because HOLY poo poo is the taunt juggling annoying if I don't get some lucky buff immunity out immediately.

R2 with double zeta makes that juggling so much worse. I'm just really looking forward to having 70k prot on K2 though before I try it

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I could use some help arranging my ships for fleet arena.

This is what I've got in order of strength: Tie Advanced, JC, Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka, Imp Tie, GS, FO Tie, other poo poo that sucks. I've had some bad RNG in the store and only have Scimitar 48/50 and Slave I 76/80.

I've been using Ackbar because he's my best cap ship but, clearly, Tarkin or Mace would be my goal if I didn't have other priorities.

I'm not sure how to pair the ships up to start a fight for maximum efficiency.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I could use some help arranging my ships for fleet arena.

This is what I've got in order of strength: Tie Advanced, JC, Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka, Imp Tie, GS, FO Tie, other poo poo that sucks. I've had some bad RNG in the store and only have Scimitar 48/50 and Slave I 76/80.

I've been using Ackbar because he's my best cap ship but, clearly, Tarkin or Mace would be my goal if I didn't have other priorities.

I'm not sure how to pair the ships up to start a fight for maximum efficiency.

Biggs, TIE Adv, Imp TIE, FO TIE, and JC.

Ahsoka as first reinforcement, followed by Wedge and finally GS.

If you ever get slave 1 decently starred, replace JC with that.
IF you ever get Scimitar, make it your first reinforce and pop retribution On the Imp TIE fighter.

Goal:
Starting: TIE Adv, FO TIE, Imp TIE, Biggs, Slave 1

reinforce: Scim, Ahsoka, JC/GS

Always save 400-800 shards for the noon shop refresh in case a scim/slave 1 pops up.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 27, 2017

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

The guild I've been playing with has just collapsed, so I was wondering if there are any open spots in a goon guild? Ally code is 924-386-936.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Canemacar posted:

The guild I've been playing with has just collapsed, so I was wondering if there are any open spots in a goon guild? Ally code is 924-386-936.

Give us a little bit and there should be a spot in QGJ. We're in the process of shifting dudes around to fill Mal's hole.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

fishtobaskets posted:

Give us a little bit and there should be a spot in QGJ. We're in the process of shifting dudes around to fill Mal's hole.

Got it. Thanks

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

:stare:

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

I saw it too. I'm still loling

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They removed the third refresh being fifty crystals, again, because the game is EA.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Have been playing this for a few hours now.

The game is interesting and there seems to be a lot of stuff to do.

It could do a better job of welcoming new players and enticing them to stay though.

My team consists of "random jedi", "an ewok", "a stormtrooper" and Luke. I didn't download a STAR WARS game to control a rag tag band of generic characters. Im not expecting a full group of famous jedi masters 5 minutes into the game but im sure they could do better than this.
The game has the same problem other games in this genre has, they all offer you trickle methods of acquiring (decent/good) heroes through daily logins or quests or whatever, but offers very little up front. Right now i have 1 shard of Lando, 6 shards of Darth Vader, 1 shard of Count Dookoo, 2 shards of Rey, etc etc. It seems im going to get 1-2 shards of each every day, meaning in 40 days i'll suddenly get an avalanche of great heroes. Why not let new players "focus" on aquiring certain heroes faster like "all shards will go towards x hero of your choice" or something similar.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
This game has a pretty slow start, but there are ways to speed it up. Try checking a few guides, and the OP, on how to spend your energy more efficiently and what toons to farm so you aren't hosed.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
The OP is up-to-date and should be the only guide you need. You can also join our Discord where we are very active.

The game starts a little slow because it's all new but you can power level like crazy with the right decisions. But it'll definitely slow down later on. This game is all about setting long-term goals for yourself.

I absolutely agree with the introduction. It needs a complete revamp. Plenty of us have rerun through the tutorial and it makes us wonder how we ever stuck around at all. It gets better!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks
I play a "similar" game to this (gacha game Seven Knights) which also had a painfully slow start and i have no idea why i stuck with it but now after ~8 months of playing it is great fun.

It seems Cantina Battles and Arena swapped places on the unlock ladder, some guide i read mentioned doing arena at 10 and Cantina at 28 yet Cantina was the feature unlocking at 10 and i still cannot do Arena.

When the OP says that Cantina credits should be spent on Boba, does that mean i should buy the pack of 5 Boba shards for 400 credits whenever it is available? I am assuming the "refresh" button at the bottom of the shipment screen refreshes the list of stuff you can buy and is not this energy refresh i have seen mentioned. Where can i get the energy refresh? I cannot find it in any menu.

Isn't it better to get QGJ first, seeing as he only costs 25 shards (5 cantina purchases) vs Boba's 16 needed purchases?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Energy refresh can be bought when trying to do a thing that requires energy but you dont have enough.

Or click the energy icon in the top of the screen.

Never refresh shops.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
You want Boba as soon as possible so you can do the credit heist event. QGJ is great to have but not essential starting out.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
QGJ is also just meh when you first unlock him and start to gear him up. Boba is OMGHAX! good straight out of the gate and only starts to disappoint super late game but by then he's an essential part of your fleet and money train so he remains vital.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Isn't it better to get QGJ first, seeing as he only costs 25 shards (5 cantina purchases) vs Boba's 16 needed purchases?

Your goal is always going to be to get them to 7*, which is 330 shards no matter how many the initial unlock costs.

Boba does most of the things QGJ does for you but better early on, along with making dark side table missions much much easier, and unlocking highly valuable credit heists every week.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

Biggs, TIE Adv, Imp TIE, FO TIE, and JC.

Ahsoka as first reinforcement, followed by Wedge and finally GS.

If you ever get slave 1 decently starred, replace JC with that.
IF you ever get Scimitar, make it your first reinforce and pop retribution On the Imp TIE fighter.

Goal:
Starting: TIE Adv, FO TIE, Imp TIE, Biggs, Slave 1

reinforce: Scim, Ahsoka, JC/GS

Always save 400-800 shards for the noon shop refresh in case a scim/slave 1 pops up.

Thanks for this. Which capital ship do you recommend? I have all 3 cap heroes at 85, 7*, and at least g8.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Thanks for this. Which capital ship do you recommend? I have all 3 cap heroes at 85, 7*, and at least g8.

I still use Akbar, and this is my line-up. I take #1 almost every day. There are other comps that work well for Akbar that revolve around Plo Koon/Clone Sergeant/Fives. I find that these are usually easier to defeat than Biggs/Target lock comps.

Tarkin comps will have a slightly different line-up than mine (Sun Fac will be #1 or #2 reinforce), but are generally the same.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Tarkin comps will have a slightly different line-up than mine (Sun Fac will be #1 or #2 reinforce), but are generally the same.

Because I still haven't geared up Sun Fac, I'm actually running Tarkin, Biggs, Adv. Tie, Tie, FO Tie, Fives, with Scimi, Boba, JC.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Because I still haven't geared up Sun Fac, I'm actually running Tarkin, Biggs, Adv. Tie, Tie, FO Tie, Fives, with Scimi, Boba, JC.

I like running boba out front for the ability block and his barrel on turn 5 is sickhouse.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
I'm still running the team two step posted way back and taking #1 nearly everyday

Mace lead, boba(6*), vader(5*), sun fac, maul(6), tfp, (jc, 5s, fotp).

All of the target locks, then all of the aoe's if I'm lucky enough to not get any ship TL'd (thus triggering enemy biggs' taunt) before I get maul to put retribution on SF I can wipe out enemy teams in under a minute.

Thought of trying out other setups but if it ain't broke...

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 28, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks
I play a "similar" game to this (gacha game Seven Knights) which also had a painfully slow start and i have no idea why i stuck with it but now after ~8 months of playing it is great fun.

It seems Cantina Battles and Arena swapped places on the unlock ladder, some guide i read mentioned doing arena at 10 and Cantina at 28 yet Cantina was the feature unlocking at 10 and i still cannot do Arena.

When the OP says that Cantina credits should be spent on Boba, does that mean i should buy the pack of 5 Boba shards for 400 credits whenever it is available? I am assuming the "refresh" button at the bottom of the shipment screen refreshes the list of stuff you can buy and is not this energy refresh i have seen mentioned. Where can i get the energy refresh? I cannot find it in any menu.

If you're coming from a gacha game, one big piece of advice is to understand this is NOT a gacha game. Even though there are character "pulls" available, they are not an efficient way to acquire usable characters. You are much better off targeting the characters mentioned in the OP from their respective farming locations and working on them.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The best advice is to run, Luke, run.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
False.

Do not run Luke.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Because I started the day ships were released, and I waited a solid like 6 hours before I did my ship stuff, the people in my shard are almost all west coast/oceanic users.

There's all of 1 other dude in the top 20 that has the same payout time as me, and he SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS at sniping/snipe defending.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Can't wait for the new power rankings to be added to the GW formula. The current node 12 I just pulled has something like 94k squad power (Rex, Chaze, R2, DN) to my top squad's 71k.

I'm also hitting a wall in arena. I'm using a Palp-led Vader, TFP, zKylo and Shore. I'm working on Tarkin and Deathtrooper. Workable Empire dudes I currently have are Vader, Palp, TFP at G9-11, and 3* G8 Shoretrooper. I also have a maxed zKylo and a G10 Phasma. I'm not actively working on RG but he's 6*/G8.

Can I work Tarkin and DT into my roster somehow? I can't beat any of the LS stage 9 HMs yet.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

Can't wait for the new power rankings to be added to the GW formula. The current node 12 I just pulled has something like 94k squad power (Rex, Chaze, R2, DN) to my top squad's 71k.

I'm also hitting a wall in arena. I'm using a Palp-led Vader, TFP, zKylo and Shore. I'm working on Tarkin and Deathtrooper. Workable Empire dudes I currently have are Vader, Palp, TFP at G9-11, and 3* G8 Shoretrooper. I also have a maxed zKylo and a G10 Phasma. I'm not actively working on RG but he's 6*/G8.

Can I work Tarkin and DT into my roster somehow? I can't beat any of the LS stage 9 HMs yet.

Work on your light-side squad. Rex/Chaze/R2/Shore might do alright.

What level are you?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I'm 85. My best LS team is Wiggs/Lando/Han/Akbar/Rex/Ezra. Han is G9, everyone else G8. I've finally got a couple furnaces and cuffs so I'll be getting them to G9 and up I guess. I can't farm Baze yet, but am unlocking him via shipments when I can afford to.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Crumbletron posted:

I'm 85. My best LS team is Wiggs/Lando/Han/Akbar/Rex/Ezra. Han is G9, everyone else G8. I've finally got a couple furnaces and cuffs so I'll be getting them to G9 and up I guess. I can't farm Baze yet, but am unlocking him via shipments when I can afford to.

Wiggs/chaze/r2 seems like it could be a reasonable goal. Get your empire team up enough to 7* r2 next time he comes around and work on getting baze unlocked and wiggs/chaze geared in the meantime.

E: working Tarkin in is certainly valid, but it seems like he needs 1 or both zetas to really shine. Not sure if there's a meta comp that features zztark at the moment. Everybody sorta got distracted by thrawn. Plus triple cleanse is still a big loving problem for any empire comp

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I have Thrawn at 5* too, if that matters. I'll keep working at Baze but it's going to be a slow grind.