Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Not to mention he did the rolling style strike twice the entire match, and the second one was supposed to be reversed so it it makes sense it was a bit slower than normal b cause Black caught Ohno slipping and was able to get one over on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
NXT tapings this week. Anything big scheduled? If there is it will probably only be Ciampa returning to storylines much sooner than expected or Hojo and others scheduled for the MYC making appearances.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The_Rob posted:

Not to mention he did the rolling style strike twice the entire match, and the second one was supposed to be reversed so it it makes sense it was a bit slower than normal b cause Black caught Ohno slipping and was able to get one over on him.

Yeah, the whole story of the match was about who could hit their insta-kill finisher first. Ohno came close with his rolling elbow, but just as he almost hit it Black caught him with the heel kick, and that was that.

I loved that match, will gladly watch it again. Easily the best NXT TV (non-Takeover edition) match of the year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Roque11 posted:

NXT tapings this week. Anything big scheduled? If there is it will probably only be Ciampa returning to storylines much sooner than expected or Hojo and others scheduled for the MYC making appearances.

I'd give you an honest answer (Asuka/Nikki Last Woman Standing and Roode/Strong) but you only show up in this thread to make passive-aggressive posts about meta scoopz bullshit nobody else cares about, so :fuckoff:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Watching Sonya debut, I owe Velvetine Dream an apology.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

I think you mean Kairi, not Io. Also WWE is supposedly backing off on not letting her use the elbow drop, due to the amount of backlash they are getting from it. :shrug:

I mean Io should be in the same boat, since her finisher is a moonsault, and her other finishers are banned moves in the WWE (piledriver based offense), so who knows.
Io is legit one of the best active wrestlers in the world right now though, I feel like she could copy Jericho's moveset move by move and be doing great and Jericho isn't even that flashy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That Black/Ohno match was real good and I still can't believe how invested I am in Roderick Strong: Family Man. Looking forward to his title match at NXT 400 :)

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jerusalem posted:

That Black/Ohno match was real good and I still can't believe how invested I am in Roderick Strong: Family Man. Looking forward to his title match at NXT 400 :)

I remember him from being an inanimate lump of wood in the no remorse corps. I have quite the turnaround in sympathy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

Next taping. Legit

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Next taping. Legit
I hope they let Roddy win, maybe having something big like a title change will make TV tapings more exciting for the crowd; that or they mic up the venue better.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope they let Roddy win, maybe having something big like a title change will make TV tapings more exciting for the crowd; that or they mic up the venue better.

Holding out for Dijack coming through the crowd during the Mike Enos and Steve Doll match on Friday

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

According to the Times of India Kavita Dalal aka ‘Hard KD’ has been selected as one of the 32 names involved in WWE’s Mae Young Classic Tournament

Kavita, a former weightlifter and student of former WWE Heavyweight Champion Dalip Singh Rana Singh aka ‘The Great Khali’, participated in this past April’s WWE tryout in Dubai, and was the only trained female wrestler at the tryouts.

Dalal commented, “I am honoured to be the first Indian woman to compete in WWE’s first ever women’s tournament. I hope to use this platform to inspire other Indian women with my performance and make India proud.”

The tournament will be filmed on 7/13 and 7/14 in Orlando, Florida at Full Sail University and will debut on the WWE Network in August.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/another-competitor-revealed-for-wwes-mae-young-classic/

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I rewatched it and was being unfair somewhat. I think maybe the match just struck me as weird because it was odd seeing black take, you know, offense from anyone. Anyway, yeah I was too harsh on the match.

Also, w/r/t MYC, I thought they were going to debut it in september so as not to screw with summerslam?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEonESPN/status/877903022596268032

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

So where does Ohno / Itami go from here? I wasn't entirely clear on the story they were telling with the match setup. Is it that Itami will go after Ohno for being condescending when he couldn't pull out wins himself, or is Ohno also going frustrated heel, or what

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Basic Chunnel posted:

So where does Ohno / Itami go from here? I wasn't entirely clear on the story they were telling with the match setup. Is it that Itami will go after Ohno for being condescending when he couldn't pull out wins himself, or is Ohno also going frustrated heel, or what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rllfBXjaIw

I can't tell if Itami is trying to be condescending here or not.

Honestly, I think the two feel pretty genuine when talking to each other, I'd almost guess a team up rather than a feud is coming?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

Ohno has got to go heel. He was trying to prove to Itami that you can do it the right way but he got frustrated, talked trash, and still lost. Now they will both agree that honor is bullshit and everyone will die from their strikes.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I was hoping for a one on one for Takeover :( who would they even feud with? We've got two established heel team and one face team, this would increase the ratio to 3/1. Is TM61 due back?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I suppose if they're throwing teams together they could always do it again with post-loss Roddy and some other face (?) NXT's roster seems stretched all of a sudden

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Basic Chunnel posted:

I suppose if they're throwing teams together they could always do it again with post-loss Roddy and some other face (?) NXT's roster seems stretched all of a sudden

Maybe Cien but no idea who they'd feud with as a unit

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Basic Chunnel posted:

I was hoping for a one on one for Takeover :( who would they even feud with? We've got two established heel team and one face team, this would increase the ratio to 3/1. Is TM61 due back?

October?

Red Dragon and War Machine potentially may arrive before the next Takeover.

Word is management isn't super high on Heavy Machinery.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Speaking of NXT tag teams

https://twitter.com/WWE_Murphy/status/877281795930292224

Poor dude could come off as such a loser career wise if he's a part of Total Divas

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

rovert posted:

October?

Red Dragon and War Machine potentially may arrive before the next Takeover.

Word is management isn't super high on Heavy Machinery.
Even if that's the case, they're still the only actively pushed face team on the roster. Even for post-Ryan Ward NXT, turning Itami heel and then immediately re-turning him to fill the tag face gap would be a weird booking move

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm just trying to imagine a Roaring Elbow/Busaiku Knee combo if they teamed together and how brutal it would look

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
So I was right https://twitter.com/LAWradio/status/877981316607758336

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

THE NXT CHAPTER BEGINS!
WWE and I mutually agreed to end my responsibilities on SmackDown having nothing to do with rumors about disputes. As I remained under contract with WWE, we discussed a variety of options. Despite originally agreeing to part ways, there was always a desire to continue working together. We have come to terms on a new agreement that benefits both WWE and me, and I am thrilled to announce I will now be part of the NXT broadcasting team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ronallo is a good fit for NXT because he actually tries to do play-by-play and knows most of the move names. He did pretty good in the CWC with Daniel Bryan and I think he'd do pretty well with Nigel too, Nigel is great but doesn't quite have that boom in his voice and NXT has been lacking since Corey left.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Does this mean Mauro will be doing the MYC?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Rovert mentioned that Mauro would be joining the NXT broadcast team a while back, in response to Dave meltzer incorrectly stating that mauro was actually named mario and he was extremely "missing" currently.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Cavauro posted:

Rovert mentioned that Mauro would be joining the NXT broadcast team a while back, in response to Dave meltzer incorrectly stating that mauro was actually named mario and he was extremely "missing" currently.

i'm so glad that somebody found the 5 missing pages of the observer in all the major cities worldwide

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mauro and Nigel about to become the best commentary team in the biz

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mauro is unbearably bad actually

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

:gas:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

I tolerated you outing yourself as a Sims player in the games thread but this is too much

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The NXT schedule will probably be a ton better for his mental health and doing other sports gigs. I look forward to him doing Takeovers now.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm happy for Mauro.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ladies love cool dragon gate, daniel

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Does this mean Mauro will be doing the MYC?

That's still probably gonna be JR, I'd think.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

That's still probably gonna be JR, I'd think.

JR referenced it on his podcast last week but sounded like WWE hadn't referenced it to him in a while.

So who knows either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Reported in March

quote:

We previously reported that Australian wrestler Demi Bennett had been offered a WWE developmental deal, and was set to sign the contract in Orlando, FL. Apparently, WWE has discovered some of Bennett’s social media posts, where she refers to people as “mongs,” “tards” and “retards.” At last word, Bennett still had not signed her developmental deal, but it was still possible she would be brought in. WWE has had interest in another Australian wrestler, but is also uncomfortable with comments expressed on social media.

http://www.gerweck.net/2017/03/07/wwe-reevaluating-a-situation-with-a-developmental-hopeful/

• Locked thread