Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
My two favorites:

Me, Myself, and Irene posted:

Jim Carry walks into a restaurant (as Hank), leans over to a table featuring two masculine/butch looking women, steals a French fry and says:

"How's it hangin', fellas?"

Young Frankenstein posted:

Every time Frau Blücher's name is spoken, rather than the standard "scary villain ominous thunderclap," the sound of horses whinnying is played, annoying the character. (Nothing to do with glue, btw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like a few scenes in Mousehunt (well the whole movie is great but these in particular):

1) The scene where the main characters find the blueprints that reveal the house that they inherited as the "Lost Larou", or the last house built by famed architect Charles Lyle Larou just before he was committed making it disgustingly valuable. There is only one line of dialog, but repeated in a different way, to impress the importance of the name alone on Nathan Lane and Lee Evans, but the audience as well. Just:

*They find the blueprint* "Charles Lyle Larou?"
*The man in the library thumbs through a large directory of architects* "Charles... Lyle... Larou..."
*An expert standing in awe in the foyer a few hours later, basking in the glory of the house* "Charles Lyle Larou... I'm standing in a house built by Charles Lyle Larou...:swoon:"

2) The wonderfully milquetoast way that Lee Evans tries to explain to the staff at the factory that they are bankrupt: "The... the thing is... we don't actually have... any money....:shobon:...:gonk:"

3) The pure madness in their performances when they abandon all pretense of civilisation, Nathan Lane pulls the shotgun off the wall and starts firing at the mouse wildly, not even caring about the damage that he himself is doing to the house that they are trying to sell as he has just snapped. The pair really sell being at the end of their metaphorical rope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T442K4cs96I

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Time Machine - when the main character's wife is standing on a street looking into a storefront window and this horse-drawn carrage comes along from the other end of the screen reeeeeeeeally slooooowly and plows right into her. I don't know what the director was trying to do there.

Buddy - When the gorilla goes insane and breaks everything in the house (it was supposed to be sad and dramatic).

Remember the Titans - When that dolt is driving and celebrating and then gets sideswiped in the car and is seriously injured.

Tales from the Hood - when that crazy guy turns into the devil at the end of the movie and the gangsters are hopping around in the horrible CGI flames.

Predator - When the guy grabs the super machine gun and shoots the trees for a few minutes.

Just about all of Live and Let Die. Especially when James Bond throws that witch doctor into the casket and he starts hopping around while getting bitten by the snakes.

RoboCop 2 - When the guys break RoboCop with the sledgehammer then leave him in a heap. The cops find his remains convulsing on the streets and he's speaking gibberish.

Every time Bill Murray tries to kill himself in Groundhog Day.

In Falling Down when Michael Douglas smashes everything in the store.

The scenes in A Fish Called Wanda when Otto beats up Archie.

Forrest Gump - When Lt. Dan falls out of wheelchair.

When Ice Cube throws the football and it blows the helicopter up in Three Kings.

Creepshow - When the guy tries to kill his wife by feeding it to the monster in the crate.

Zardoz - When Zed tries to kiss the lifeless girl (an apathetic) and she doesn't respond to anything. He throws her into a stack of hay.

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls - When the guy jumps out of the rafters during the musical performance.

The Shawshank Redemption - When the large man is beaten up by the guard.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Guy tries to kill himself in bathtub while "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane is playing.

Dreamcatcher - The whole blood leading to bathroom scene I couldn't stop laughing. Then the guy takes a dump so hard he dies on the toilet then the Beav says,

"He's not dead! He just dropped a clinker! I heard it!"

Then he goes in and has the monumental struggle with the POS that comes alive.

I'll stop at eighteen.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
From Me, Myself and Irene, a thing I found sort of refreshing about the film was the fact that when the alternate 'tough guy' persona takes control, he's sort of useless.

Usually in these sort of things, having a split personailty thing like this that is more aggressive or take charge than you are ends up having them be a super bad-rear end who knows how to fight better than anyone, has access to secret abilities that should be beyond their skills, how to successfully woo anyone, and is far more clever and intelligent than the main personality. But in MM&I, he's just sort of an rear end in a top hat.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
That bit with the eel in Barnyard antics

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

JediTalentAgent posted:

From Me, Myself and Irene, a thing I found sort of refreshing about the film was the fact that when the alternate 'tough guy' persona takes control, he's sort of useless.

Usually in these sort of things, having a split personailty thing like this that is more aggressive or take charge than you are ends up having them be a super bad-rear end who knows how to fight better than anyone, has access to secret abilities that should be beyond their skills, how to successfully woo anyone, and is far more clever and intelligent than the main personality. But in MM&I, he's just sort of an rear end in a top hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss6ZzkwoVqg

That tucked thumb fist tho.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
From the Mr. Sparkle episode of The Simpsons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPbJVuNAPcQ

There is the obvious of everything Homer says and does in the scene, but the thing that I think that is just as funny is the clerk watching Homer make the call and just quickly runs away. Maybe it's because the story in my head is that he thinks that as long a he leaves before Homer actually completes dialing he can honestly say, "I don't know anything about a phone call to Japan during my shift! I wasn't even at the desk at the time the call was being made!"

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It SLAYS me every time I watch Beverly Hills Cop when Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) sees the two cops (Taggart and Rosewood) who are going to stake him out outside the fancy hotel, and he plans to slow them down by blocking the exhaust pipe of their car with a banana. He goes to this expensive buffet where a very young Damon Wayans is manning the fruit table, and asks for some bananas.

Adopting a stereotypically effeminate voice and mannerisms (that he would go back to throughout his career), Wayans says something like "for $20, you can have an assortment of apples, pears, and bananas," or something to that effect.

Axel is nervous and in a hurry, and he says "Man, I just need some bananas."

Wayans' character looks all around, nervously, to make sure he isn't being seen, and then in a quiet (but still effeminate) voice, he says "HERE. TAKE THESE BANANAS," hands him a few, and looks very pleased with himself.

I just lose my poo poo thinking about that scene, including whenever I'm around bananas in real life.

Another low-key scene that kills me every time is near the beginning of Friday, when Craig (Ice Cube) wants a bowl of cereal. He opens the kitchen cabinet, finds a box of what must be his favorite cereal, and he looks SO HAPPY and says "YEA!"

That alone would be hilarious, but then he goes to pour the milk, and they're out of it. He yells to his father, played by John Witherspoon, "WE AIN'T GOT NO MILK!"

And Witherspoon, a cantankerous old dog catcher, yells back "PUT SOME WATER ON IT, FOOL!" That cracks me up too, even just thinking about it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou has a new favorite as of 14:06 on May 13, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Not a scene from a comedy but a College Humour vid I really relate to that I also find funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiUK9fRboD0

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That guy who yells "That's a lotta nuts!" in Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. Funny every time.

Also the "Heyyy abbot!!" "I hate that guy!" scene from Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

One of my favorite exchanges from The Naked Gun:

"When I see a bunch of weirdos in togas stabbing someone in broad daylight, I shoot first and ask questions later. That's my policy."

"That was a Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar, you idiot! You killed five actors. Good ones!"

The mayor clarifying "Good ones" always makes me lose my poo poo.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

ZDar Fan posted:

One of my favorite exchanges from The Naked Gun:

"When I see a bunch of weirdos in togas stabbing someone in broad daylight, I shoot first and ask questions later. That's my policy."

"That was a Shakespeare in the Park production of Julius Caesar, you idiot! You killed five actors. Good ones!"

The mayor clarifying "Good ones" always makes me lose my poo poo.

I love little tidbits like that. Reminds me of Happy Gilmore yelling at the golf ball then demanding it talk back:

"Are you too good for your home? ANSWER ME!!"

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
During the credits of all three Rush Hour movies, they play a series of outtakes and bloopers.

One of them for Rush Hour 2 is a cut Chris Tucker line after a bad guy falls a long way and eats it: "drat, he ain't gonna be in Rush Hour 3!"

Also the line from the first one "Wipe yourself off. You're dead." is just so dumb, but very fitting for the character, that I can't help but smile every time. Carter so wants to drop a sick one-liner, but can't think of a good one. Actually, that final duel where they both put their guns down and then pull out concealed guns on each other is just perfect.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

There's a lot of scenes in Blazing Saddles I find hilarious, but the main thing that makes me laugh is where they're having a town meeting right after being pillaged by bandits.

The scene starts with a song being sung while all the pillaging is happening, and winds up with the scene fading to everyone in the church singing "This town is turning into poo poo".

Shortly after, there is a cantankerous old man who spouts gibberish in derisively of the townspeople wanting to leave, and another man praises the guy for his gibberish, stating that he's glad that a group of children were present to witness it.

The realisation that kids were there singing at the start just makes me lose it every time.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Keeping the Mel Brooks train rolling, I absolutely love Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein. I love the acting he does with nothing more than his eyes when the little girl asks what they should throw in the well next.

Absolutely slays me.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

There's the scene in Hot Fuzz where the two Andy's are being their usual self to the two hero's outside the site of an explosion. At the end of it, Consindine has a stare-off with Peggy, and does a double take to stare at him again.

However, the other Andy in the background just about bursts into laughter over this, but they kept that cut in because they knew everyone would be looking at Consindine instead.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mephiston posted:

There's a lot of scenes in Blazing Saddles I find hilarious, but the main thing that makes me laugh is where they're having a town meeting right after being pillaged by bandits.

The scene starts with a song being sung while all the pillaging is happening, and winds up with the scene fading to everyone in the church singing "This town is turning into poo poo".

Shortly after, there is a cantankerous old man who spouts gibberish in derisively of the townspeople wanting to leave, and another man praises the guy for his gibberish, stating that he's glad that a group of children were present to witness it.

The realisation that kids were there singing at the start just makes me lose it every time.

I actually watched Blazing Saddles for the first time in a long time a few months back, and while the movie wasn't quite as funny as I remembered it being, the fight scene at the end that spills out into the adjacent movie sets still cracks me up every time.

"Screw you, I'm working for Mel Brooks!" he said as he punched Dom DeLouise in the face.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Samovar posted:

There's the scene in Hot Fuzz where the two Andy's are being their usual self to the two hero's outside the site of an explosion. At the end of it, Consindine has a stare-off with Peggy, and does a double take to stare at him again.

However, the other Andy in the background just about bursts into laughter over this, but they kept that cut in because they knew everyone would be looking at Consindine instead.

Rafe Spall is an entirely underrated actor and I was sad he only got a bit part in The World's End.

Also in Hot Fuzz, when Danny lets Nick out of the boot of the car and they argue:

Nick: He's appointed himself judge, jury and executioner!
Danny: He's not Judge Judy and executioner!

I've seen that film so many times and it makes me laugh every single time. Now it makes me laugh before it even happens because I'm waiting for it.

BioEnchanted posted:

2) The wonderfully milquetoast way that Lee Evans tries to explain to the staff at the factory that they are bankrupt: "The... the thing is... we don't actually have... any money....:shobon:...:gonk:"

Oooh let's talk Lee Evans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oKwg6W05MU

We're sending somebody in to negotiate!

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

C-Euro posted:

I actually watched Blazing Saddles for the first time in a long time a few months back, and while the movie wasn't quite as funny as I remembered it being, the fight scene at the end that spills out into the adjacent movie sets still cracks me up every time.

"Screw you, I'm working for Mel Brooks!" he said as he punched Dom DeLouise in the face.
Dom: Not in the face!!
Taggart punches him in the gut
Dom: Thank you (passes out)

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Fifty Shades of Grey

When the Christian Grey reaches over and bites off a piece of the Anna's toast

Suicide Squad

When Boomerang gets told he can leave and just leaves

Ace Ventura When Nature Calls

The Interrogation Scene

All of Mortal Kombat Annihilation

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The World's End:

Gary: I am here to tell you that Gary King is back on the horse.
Oliver: Whoa, whoa, you're back on the horse?!
Gary: No, I mean, I'm back on the bike.
Oliver: What's bike?
Gary: What do you mean?
Oliver: What's bike stand for?
Gary: Bicycle.
Oliver: I'm lost.

There are so many great jokes in this film

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL6mTMShVyk

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I love the actor playing Hitler casually saying "They lose me after the bunker scene."

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I kinda hate the disco scene from Airplane!, but the pinch-me bit at the bar is probably my favorite joke in the whole movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WXVaChA3Q0&t=58s

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There's an underappreciated part in Van Wilder.

So, to gently caress with the frat boys on campus, him and his friends have his perpetually horny dog gently caress a bunch of pastries and leave it at the door, knock and run away, the joke being they're gonna eat dog cum, but for me that's not the funny part.

They find them, start eating them, and as the scene is fading out, you hear a guy in the background go "I think I've had these before!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Strange Brew: When Doug and Bob present the bottle of beer with a mouse in it to the head of the brewery.

Doug: We were at a party, and a friend of ours -a cop- had some, and he puked, and he said come here and get free beer or else.

I just love the quick addition of "a cop", plus Bob nodding at the end.

Plus this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79srO7CxS7w

"You won't sue for whiplash, will you?"

Davros1 has a new favorite as of 21:36 on Jun 15, 2017

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This scene from Seven Psychopaths:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl5GUOM62X4

But his rabbit gets away, though. 'Cause you can't let the animals die in a movie, just the women.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

The scene in "The Eggplant Emoji" where Ben Stiller gets his penis chopped off.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

the scene with Winona Ryder writing out her increasingly overwrought suicide note in Beetlejuice cracks me up every time I see it. I really shouldn't perhaps, but it's the delivery.

Also funny bits from Batman Begins:

"I swear to God!"
"Swear to MEEEEEE!"

and of course

"Would you like to see my mask?"

Meaty Ore has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Jun 22, 2017

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

The dance part from Ex Machina - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGY44DIQb-A

Not just a great scene, but the timing of it within the movie as a whole. The main character beginning to question his sanity as he pieces it all together, the alcoholic CEO & the emotionless acting of the android servant.
All those parts coming perfectly together for a brief two minutes of cinematic masterpiece.

edit: I misread the thread title because I was on mobile, but it's a funny scene from an underrated drama/thriller movie so :colbert:

seance snacks has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Jun 23, 2017

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

BioEnchanted posted:

I like a few scenes in Mousehunt (well the whole movie is great but these in particular):

I feel like this is a very underrated comedy usually passed over as being a kid's movie, but it's so rich with sights, sounds, and great acting it's worth watching at least once.

The opening funeral scene with the "fwoop" sound as the body slides into the sewers.

Their father's disapproving portrait.

Nathan Lane falls into the lake into the jaccuzi tub with the cardboard model.

The hair models.

The entire bit with Christopher Walken as the exterminator. "You have to think ...like a mouse."

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!
I always lose it in Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd is getting snacks at the 7-11 late at night, sees some guys hanging outside and goes "Hey guys, Big Gulps huh? Alright! ... Welp, see ya later!" And then just takes off. So good.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Mindless posted:

I feel like this is a very underrated comedy usually passed over as being a kid's movie, but it's so rich with sights, sounds, and great acting it's worth watching at least once.

The opening funeral scene with the "fwoop" sound as the body slides into the sewers.

Their father's disapproving portrait.

Nathan Lane falls into the lake into the jaccuzi tub with the cardboard model.

The hair models.

The entire bit with Christopher Walken as the exterminator. "You have to think ...like a mouse."

I love the Hair Models for the symbolism at the auction - the Spool of Hair is obvious, but the other one took me a bit to get - she is wearing her hair like an apple tree. The hair that Nathan Lane is so entranced by is representing the temptation that, like Adam and Eve at the garden of Eden, will destroy the Shmuntz brothers though Nathan Lane's sins - not the woman herself, but as an abstract notion. Because Lane didn't want to sell the house for slightly less money he obsessed with killing the mouse, and in doing so destroys the very house he's trying to sell through Wrath and Avarice. He schedules a meeting with the men who are wiling to buy the factory, but is let down by his Lust making him attempt to impress the models and get run over in the process, completely missing the meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Meaty Ore posted:

Also funny bits from Batman Begins:

"I swear to God!"
"Swear to MEEEEEE!"

I love the Nolan Batman movies, but every dramatic Batman line is ruined by that goofy-rear end voice.

"I'm not gonna kill you, but I don't have to save you!"

Makes me laugh every time.

edit:

The Great Burrito posted:

I always lose it in Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd is getting snacks at the 7-11 late at night, sees some guys hanging outside and goes "Hey guys, Big Gulps huh? Alright! ... Welp, see ya later!" And then just takes off. So good.

I think I read somewhere that Jim Carrey ad-libbed that line, so that's why the extras just stare at him bemusedly. Great little scene. Probably my favorite in the movie.

PizzaProwler has a new favorite as of 00:31 on Jun 25, 2017

• Locked thread