Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
jesus christ.

are you going to keep making up stupid theories to push me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay, I need to sleep because I got an early job interview. I just want to say

1) Your theory sucks because it can literally apply to everyone in this game that had not been said to visited, so it would even apply to you? So why is it specifically me that you think is a PGO? Is it because I'm the loudest at disagreeing with you? Stop aggressively thinking that everyone disagree with you is scum. It's annoying to play with.

2) Can you make cases that aren't your random theories about night actions or kill lurkers? You sass me for overthinking about CL's claim when you're talking about stuff that you don't even know happen. At least my case had to deal with CL's low quality posting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You can think it's stupid all you want, but something strange is going on and I'm concerned about it. Also, the strange stuff seems to happen on odd nights, so I'm extra concerned about it right now.

So much so, that I'm actually wondering if we might be better off no lynching today.

If we lynch Ernie and scum have 2 kills tonight then town is screwed unless it's only a 2 person scum team. I mean it's not ideal because if there are 2 kills then we end up in LYLO with a claimed 3P, but it's better than outright losing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Disregard part of the first point: I forgot about CL claiming to heal you N2.

I don't like the fact that you're not actually playing: You settled on me being scum just because I disagree with you and you kept making theories and theories about how I have to be scum because... I disagree with you? Because I don't believe CL's claim and I had the gall to believe that people in this game would lie?

Look at your decision process and think: is it actively helping town or are you throwing around your personal agenda around?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay, I need to sleep because I got an early job interview. I just want to say

1) Your theory sucks because it can literally apply to everyone in this game that had not been said to visited, so it would even apply to you? So why is it specifically me that you think is a PGO? Is it because I'm the loudest at disagreeing with you? Stop aggressively thinking that everyone disagree with you is scum. It's annoying to play with.

2) Can you make cases that aren't your random theories about night actions or kill lurkers? You sass me for overthinking about CL's claim when you're talking about stuff that you don't even know happen. At least my case had to deal with CL's low quality posting.

It can't apply to me, I was visited by Circl and TNL on N1. And I've already explained why i think it's you: Jam was the most suspicious of you on D1 and you ended the day voting him. If I'm the cop in the situation, you are definitely the person I'd cop on N1, especially considering that you were also a failed lynch.

And you're also making the classic scum argument against me that I'm only going after people who disagree with me. While I do tend to focus that direction, it's not the only thing I look at.

As far as I'm concerned, there are only 3 people left who could be scum: you, Kasumeat and Hal. Sure, it's possible that I'm wrong and one of CL or Circl is scum, but I don't really believe that's the case.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I still think we need to lynch Ernie today.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm annoyed because you're making up mechanics about PGOs that I have never heard of. I had never heard of "indirect kills" or etc. CL's theory of a juggernaut makes more sense.

I guess no-lynching is a possible choice.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
You'll note that TMM is completely ignoring my case here, once again only able to cry "CONFIRMED~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because it's all he has. His play is 100% textbook SK. And this 100% unverifiable claim with absolutely no evidence and just begs "take me into LYLO!!!!" comes immediately after I explain that I'm turned around on Chaos and think there's a good chance he's the Doc, but not beforehand because almost nobody was confident a Doc even exists.

TMMadman posted:

Yeah, Kasumeat is almost certainly scum. Nobody tries that hard to discredit someone who was confirmed pubicaly. He says I'm coming up with any theory to try and make other people look like scum, but then he tries to sell a theory that a dayvig that kills the user if they hit town could possibly be the SK.

I don't think anyone besides Kasumeat seriously thinks that's possible

So here's the smoking gun. He accuses me of being scum, which would mean I'm intentionally lying to get him lynched. But immediately afterwards, he slips that he believes that I DO believe my case on him, ie. I'm not lying. TMM just contradicted his own case on me, in statements two sentences apart from each other. Since I do believe it (and TMM, you know that I do), there's absolutely no reason that I'm scum. He's only accusing me of being scum because his only priority this game is to lynch the players suspicious of him, and this is his best attempt to do it. TMM is loving solved.

And to loving top it all off, TMM, as you say yourself, it's loving crazy to go after a player in your position. THE ONLY REASON I WOULD DO IT IS I ACTUALLY BELIEVED IT, AND THERE IS NOTHING loving SCUMMY AT ALL ABOUT A TOWNIE TRYING TO LYNCH A loving SK.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm annoyed because you're making up mechanics about PGOs that I have never heard of. I had never heard of "indirect kills" or etc. CL's theory of a juggernaut makes more sense.

I guess no-lynching is a possible choice.

I'm not making up anything. A scum or SK NK is a directed kill in the sense that the killer has to actively choose his target. A PGO is an undirected kill because it doesn't pick a target, it just kills anyone who visits at night. I don't believe that doctors protect against that kind of kill unless otherwise specified.

And yes, I've considered that maybe the scum killer is both a ninja and a juggernaut (maybe as an either/or thing), but that still doesn't explain N1.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

And you're also making the classic scum argument against me that I'm only going after people who disagree with me. While I do tend to focus that direction, it's not the only thing I look at.

it's goddamn true. Read through all your posts. You had been hammering on calling TNL scum, Sandwolf scum, Kasu scum, literally anyone that disagree with you you automatically box them into the scum list.

Your whole theory is based on the fact that you don't like me. You don't like me, immediately box me as scum and thinks about five hundred scenarios of how I am the fault of everything in this game. It's not "I think Jam might be killed by a PGO and the most likely is TM", it's "TM is scum so I'm gonna think up a reason why Jam is dead because of TM."

I think killing Ernie is the best choice. I don't believe in an SK and if we no-lynch, mafia might just hold their kill anyway. It's a waste of a day.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

it's goddamn true. Read through all your posts. You had been hammering on calling TNL scum, Sandwolf scum, Kasu scum, literally anyone that disagree with you you automatically box them into the scum list.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
UM, idk I've been saying this whole game that maybe there's a possible scum vig. That explains N1 and with a juggernaut, explains N3.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey Kasumeat, how can I be the SK when I was tracked nowhere on N1? Do you think that the SK is some kind of all powerful role? SKs get very little in the way of protection unless it's a role madness game. I just don't think we'd be facing an SK who is also a ninja.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Hey Kasumeat, how can I be the SK when I was tracked nowhere on N1? Do you think that the SK is some kind of all powerful role? SKs get very little in the way of protection unless it's a role madness game. I just don't think we'd be facing an SK who is also a ninja.

In games with a Watcher and Tracker, I'm willing to bet that the rate of SKs who are Ninjas is closer to 100% than 99%. If you can find me a single game in the history of Mafia where this there is a Watcher and Tracker and the SK is not a Ninja, I'll reconsider this position.

Can you please explain how I'm both lying scum and I also believe that you're SK?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

CL is still an horrible player though.

Tired Moritz posted:

At least my case had to deal with CL's low quality posting.

Stones, glass houses, etc

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

In games with a Watcher and Tracker, I'm willing to bet that the rate of SKs who are Ninjas is closer to 100% than 99%. If you can find me a single game in the history of Mafia where this there is a Watcher and Tracker and the SK is not a Ninja, I'll reconsider this position.

Can you please explain how I'm both lying scum and I also believe that you're SK?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I do not think there is a SK. If the two nights where there was a "missing kill", I was a doctor on Madman so that would mean the scum and SK doubled up. Possible but I'm doubtful. I'm also not sure I've ever seen a SK ninja, but if we have a scum team, survivor, and a SK ninja, I will probably have complaints to the mod after.

Ernie has to be the vote today. No lynching is a bad idea.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

chaoslord posted:

I do not think there is a SK. If the two nights where there was a "missing kill", I was a doctor on Madman so that would mean the scum and SK doubled up. Possible but I'm doubtful. I'm also not sure I've ever seen a SK ninja, but if we have a scum team, survivor, and a SK ninja, I will probably have complaints to the mod after.

Ernie has to be the vote today. No lynching is a bad idea.

If you don't believe that TMM is SK, why is he lying to get me lynched?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't see how an SK ninja is at all fair.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I am not sure I agree with this entirely, but I do think this is kind of funny coming from a guy who has speculated on some fairly unusual roles to fit his narratives in this very game

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

Circle & Hal, what are your reads right now?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

I don't see how an SK ninja is at all fair.

SK is a tough role without some sort of advantage. You have to avoid being killed during the day, avoid the scum kill at night, avoid investigations of all types... and also you can only win when every other player is dead so you have to balance when to get rid of the last mafia. They need some sort of benefit, be it bulletproof or ninja or something

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

None of which to say I agree with Kasu that TMM is SK.

Ernie is the only choice today, Kasu rising above Circl/TM for me.

I believe TMM which means CL is that much more likely to be town, despite recent posting not being much of an improvement over earlier.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

To everyone:

Kasumeat posted:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So from where I sit, TMM and CL are likely town. I already posted about my day 1 "Maybe TMM is being nice to the newbie to make me not question him later" thing but I have to believe that tracker and watcher aren't in this game to be some kind of anti-town troll by the mod, where only 1 scum is visible to them but all town roles are, so they accuse town PRs of being scum. I can't do the mind games thing of reading people based on chat, so I have to go to my reports. My reports say that on the only double-kill night, TMM went nowhere. If my report is wrong because of ninjas or whatever, then gently caress the mods.

Ernie claimed Survivor and whether true or not, he's getting lynched so that's that.

That leaves TM, Hal, and Kasu. If there's 3 scum, bam (we already lost). But everyone seems to think it's 2 scum. If I go back to my reports, for the same reason as TMM, I have to believe Kasu is town which leaves Hal and TM as scum.

Not much of a read because I have to accept as true something that everyone else has already dismissed as false, which is that my reports are accurate.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Circl, I suggest NOT tracking Tired tonight. I really think I'm right about the PGO and I'd rather not have you take the chance since 2 deaths tonight means town loses. I think you should probably track Hal, although CL or Kasumeat are also options.

And obviously CL should play the WIFOM game of 'will I protect myself or will I protect Circl'.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kasumeat, your question makes no sense. So repeatedly posting it isn't going to get any answer that satisfies you.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

My reports say that on the only double-kill night, TMM went nowhere. If my report is wrong because of ninjas or whatever, then gently caress the mods.

Watcher is the most powerful standard town role in the game after Sane Cop. It's very easy to both catch scum and confirm town with it, often all in the same night. It's rare to have a game with a Watcher and no Ninja.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Ninja

quote:

The existence of a Ninja generally implies the existence of a Tracker or Watcher. Arguably, in the current meta the existence of a Watcher implies the existence of a Ninja.

Note that this talks about Watcher OR Tracker, and in this game we likely have both.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822372&pagenumber=36#post473660169

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822372&pagenumber=36#post473660169

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

loving HONESTLY IF WE LOSE THIS loving GAME TO THIS loving GARBAGE SK BECAUSE YOU ALL IGNORE THE MOST OBVIOS SLIP IN THE HISTORY OF MAFIA I AM loving DONE

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

OK I just clarified with JFisk

If I shoot scum, they die.
If I shoot town, only I die; they live.

So dayvig+town clearer in one!

Without further a-doo-doo

##tackle TMMadman

He is posting some nice thoughts, but perhaps a little too smart for his own good.
Lets see if he's town or not~

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Infinitum has been given a red card for his risky tackle!

Infinitum, Claudio Reyna, defender, VT/Mason has been ejected and cut from the squad!

The day continues!

There's nothing more that needs to be said. If Inf had tackled a scum godfather, the scum would have died even though he'd investigate as town. The same thing applies to SK because the SK is NOT TOWN. The only way that Inf dies there is if he tackled town, which is what he did.

If you are actually town in this game, your play during the last day or two is what is going to cause town to lose the game because you are making it incredibly easy to have a reason to vote you.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

TMMadman posted:

If you are actually town in this game, your play during the last day or two is what is going to cause town to lose the game because you are making it incredibly easy to have a reason to vote you.

SAME EXCEPT YOUR PLAY THE ENTIRE loving GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

WE HAVE NO loving CONFIRMATION FROM EITHER INF OR JFISK AS TO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TACKLING A 3RD PARTY

• Locked thread