Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Portland has got 2 first rounders, maybe they could try to package Evan Turner / Allen Crabbe, 2 1st rounders and Nurkic for Paul George?

Worst case: 1 fun year, they get out of some bad long-term salary. I doubt they are gonna pay Nurkic what he will demand given their salary situation

Best case: they get a sick long term team of Lillard / Miles / George

Im reaching here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

A couple posters that live in an NBA city should get together and rent a few giant U-HAULs and park them outside an NBA player's mansion

Who lives in Cleveland and knows where LeBron lives?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Portland has got 2 first rounders, maybe they could try to package Evan Turner / Allen Crabbe, 2 1st rounders and Nurkic for Paul George?

Worst case: 1 fun year, they get out of some bad long-term salary. I doubt they are gonna pay Nurkic what he will demand given their salary situation

Im reaching here

Shiiiiiit. I wish you were Portland's GM!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Portland has 3 picks and who Miles?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Are there any pictures of Nurkic losing weight or is he going to go out like Pekovic who wound up atop his own pile of skulls?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Im reaching here

loving lol you literally think that the Pacers are going to be offered turner or Crabbe's horribly terrible contracts and give them Paul George? Are you high?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

zoux posted:

Want that shirt

Same.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

loving lol you literally think that the Pacers are going to be offered turner or Crabbe's horribly terrible contracts and give them Paul George? Are you high?

15% trade kicker on Crabbe too, yikes

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Uhhh if you package it with the 15th & 20th picks this year as well as Nurkic, yeah I would that if I was Indiana. They are gonna be poo poo for the next ~3 years anyway so having a godawful contract of Evan Turner doesn't really matter. Maybe Portland throws in a future pick if it has to

Obviously depends on what else they are being offered, but I haven't heard any blow-away deals rumored

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

pubic works project posted:

Who lives in Cleveland and knows where LeBron lives?

I think Lebron's houses have had enough drama this year

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Uhhh if you package it with the 15th & 20th picks this year as well as Nurkic, yeah I would that if I was Indiana. They are gonna be poo poo for the next ~3 years anyway so having a godawful contract of Evan Turner doesn't really matter. Maybe Portland throws in a future pick if it has to

Obviously depends on what else they are being offered, but I haven't heard any blow-away deals rumored

Possible T-Wolves' 7th and Ricky Rubio for PG.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Portland will absolutely pay Nurkic if he keeps up his 2016-17 form.

Also I know I'm a homer but Crabbe and 2 1sts isn't that far off for a season rental of PG. I don't think many teams are offering much more. Tho I think Harkless, Ezeli and 2 firsts makes more sense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I do appreciate the fan idea that the second you get traded you have to be vacated from your personal home.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

This man is guaranteed to be from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/jwquick/status/877982932941455360

Sorry Portland.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Leave my Big Bosnian Son alone

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
SpiritOfSanDimas Confirmed as Neil Olshey

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Portland will absolutely pay Nurkic if he keeps up his 2016-17 form.

Also I know I'm a homer but Crabbe and 2 1sts isn't that far off for a season rental of PG. I don't think many teams are offering much more. Tho I think Harkless, Ezeli and 2 firsts makes more sense.

I feel like I'm Harkless blind. He seems good and capable of being way better, but I could be making it up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crabbe and two mod firsts seems ok for pg considering it's only one year rental. I guess ind just has to take the best offer

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rick posted:

I do appreciate the fan idea that the second you get traded you have to be vacated from your personal home.

I just think it's hilarious that someone is camped out at PG's house right now.

He's selling that house regardless of if he gets traded now or walks next year. He might as well do it now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just to be clear crabbe and two firsts isn't a great offer. It's like a late first in value imho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rick posted:

Getting traded in the NBA means you have to swap everything.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

It's Indiana tho, so give them 24 hours and they'll be cold sweating and begging for that junk

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

zelah posted:

I feel like I'm Harkless blind. He seems good and capable of being way better, but I could be making it up.

That's exactly how I feel. There were times last year where he played great and then he would disappear for 5 games. I have no idea what his actual value is.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

It's Indiana tho, so give them 24 hours and they'll be cold sweating and begging for that junk

I'm already sweating because I know they're going to gently caress it up somehow. They always do!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Markless is a big young wing who shows signs of a moderate three pointer .

I'd say 10 million a year is his "value"

Imho.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That contract is a lot of money for a pure 3-and-D guy and Crabbe ain't really even that yet. Even if he was, how many rebuilding teams want to start over with some mid-to-late firsts and a 3-and-D guy as the centerpiece?

I think people just look at the how the cap rose and pretty much said every deal is fine.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crabbe has shot +40% on real number of attempts . Hats pretty valuable. Not 20million a year tho.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

That's exactly how I feel. There were times last year where he played great and then he would disappear for 5 games. I have no idea what his actual value is.

I think Meyers moved my bar down to "are you actively embarrassing on the floor" and Harkless is never really that. I'm either excited about what he's doing or I don't notice him, but I'm never worried that he's going to comically gently caress up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If crabbe was a fa this year I could see him getting 12-14 a year.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSpursZone/status/877970398167539712

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah porzingis

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

PURO PINCHE SPURS

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I really don't want Crabbe on the Pacers because he has weird looking ears.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah porzingis

[extremely Butthead voice] come to Spurs

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I'm down for a PG rental but not Ricky :smith:

Also, I really, really don't have to watch Pacers games to keep up with Rubio. :smith: :smith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We should get a draft gdt up. Television coverage is starting

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Broussard tries to chime in with the most obvious of all takes

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/877989519353561088

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool Buff Man posted:

Broussard tries to chime in with the most obvious of all takes

https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/status/877989519353561088

You mean it's not because he loves watching clips from Meatballs edited into the Bulls' film sessions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Yea thats probably better.

Not sure how much you could package the 2 Portland firsts for, maybe move up to about 10ish. I do think Nurkic is a lot more valuable than Rubio, if Portland included him.

Even if Indiana got Crabbe and re-signed Nurkic after next year, I think they could stay at about or just under the cap. They don't really have any horrible contracts

• Locked thread