Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird cooch posted:

I somehow missed that OMP got hacked. That gives me a warm fuzzy.

How? This was a HUGE story in 2015. Tens of millions of cleared individuals' information was stolen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

hobbesmaster posted:

Even better he was caught by customs getting off a plane from China.

:lol: fuckin dusted

HarveyxCosmonaut
Jan 27, 2009

Woof Blitzer posted:

I am wondering what the endgame even is with the healthcare bill. It doesn't make much sense to kill your own voters because then who's going to vote for you...

Ending the 3.8% Net Income Investment Tax which taxes investment income after the first $200000. Essentially massive tax cuts for the rich have to pass through reconciliation which means revenue neutral which means gotta get rid of spending from somewhere and healthcare is a big piece of our spending.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Couldnt he mail it to himself (like physically) or something smarter than trying to bring it back in your loving carry on?

Then again this is the guy who sold state secrets for only $25 000.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Trump's get tough immigration policy has turned its eyes to the Ruskies:

https://twitter.com/SPMIndyCar/status/878002059412250625

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

bird cooch posted:

I somehow missed that OMP got hacked. That gives me a warm fuzzy.

"Hacked" is such a strong word. The OPM breach was way funnier than that. Among other crazy vulnerabilities, OPM used Chinese contractors for systems administration. They gave them the keys to the kingdom. Good network security costs money, but bad security costs the PII and deepest, darkest, secrets of almost 20 million people. If you held a clearance at some point in the last decade, or were married to someone who did, odds are your deets were taken.

After the breach, OPM's response was to point out that they're the only game in town for most of the U.S. federal government, and then significantly increase the price of their clearance investigations, including retroactively, for investigations that had started in the previous year.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Arc Light posted:

"Hacked" is such a strong word. The OPM breach was way funnier than that. Among other crazy vulnerabilities, OPM used Chinese contractors for systems administration. They gave them the keys to the kingdom. Good network security costs money, but bad security costs the PII and deepest, darkest, secrets of almost 20 million people. If you held a clearance at some point in the last decade, or were married to someone who did, odds are your deets were taken.

After the breach, OPM's response was to point out that they're the only game in town for most of the U.S. federal government, and then significantly increase the price of their clearance investigations, including retroactively, for investigations that had started in the previous year.

And to just extend clearances beyond their expiration date because of the ensuing backlog.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://twitter.com/APCentralRegion/status/878022796118335488

https://twitter.com/kampeas/status/878019074126729216

https://twitter.com/CannabisBizNews/status/878017087700168705

discuss. ciao

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Couldnt he mail it to himself (like physically) or something smarter than trying to bring it back in your loving carry on?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The amounts are always insanely small for the kind of crime being committed. They must target people so mired in debt that they'd sell TS info for a ham sandwich.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Buca di Bepis posted:

The amounts are always insanely small for the kind of crime being committed. They must target people so mired in debt that they'd sell TS info for a ham sandwich.

That's the best way to blackmail someone.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Brandon_Bird/status/878022997860274176

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Why do you hate everyone else in the thread enough to do this?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quoting this so that we never lose this

this is our president

he wears tighty whiteys

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

quoting this so that we never lose this

this is our president

he wears tighty whiteys

He has flat butt.

FLAT BUTT.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

He could have had them buy a goddamn condo in NoVa and then let him "find" a buyer (oh look here's another chinese 'investor' with a bunch of USD ready to be wired through HK!) in exchange for ~$25k cut. With the prices out there it'd be a real fuckin' marginal item in the record of the sale and if anyone asked, documentation would be real easy to fabricate. Because they're state actors they wouldn't even need to gently caress around with conning the SAFE to get around the $50k conversion limit.

Or just have him set up a luxury car brokerage business, he buys Land Rovers and BMWs and poo poo, they buy them from him at a stupid markup, they get crated over to Tianjin with all the other laundermobiles already being used to launder triad money as it is.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 23, 2017

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Godholio posted:

How? This was a HUGE story in 2015. Tens of millions of cleared individuals' information was stolen.

I was out of the country and uninterested in the internet at the time. I'm reading up on it now. That's crazy.

Edit:

Arc Light posted:

JFC

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Arc Light posted:

That wasn't even the half of it: Whenever they created new user accounts, they cloned a previous account. This is common practice.

However, they kept cloning a root account.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it must be seen in full sized glory

also possibly turned into a shameatar

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tastefully arranged labia posted:

those shorts appear to be rather tight around tormp's booty.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I need background information on that picture because I think it's bullshit.

Donnie would never play a sport requiring as much physical activity as tennis.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

You got the wrong shameatar picture

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This page is fuckin gross

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

We went from Barack Obama to this :cripes:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Pesticide20 posted:

There's a bunch more here

As opposed to how Trump has pictured himself, at Mar a Lago:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

oh my god it's real

it's really loving real

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
Guess money can't buy you a regular sized dick...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

joat mon posted:

There's a bunch more here

As opposed to how Trump has pictured himself, at Mar a Lago:

That's clearly David Hasselhoff.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pesticide20 posted:

OMG he's a ken doll.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/877962696225837056

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Bill Cosby, Fresh From Trial, Plans Talks on Avoiding Assault Accusations https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/22/arts/television/bill-cosby-fresh-from-trial-plans-speeches-on-sex-assault-issues.html

Yes, this is real. No, it's not from the Onion.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, I know, but Euthanasia was kinda an integral part of the Holocaust

Speaking of the Holocaust, you'll never guess who's joining the "gassed a lot of people to death with hydrogen cyanide"-club.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/877632095740284930

:stare:

Almost all class A materials put off hydrogen cyanide when they burn. Also hydrogen sulfide. Also carbon monoxide. Those are all common byproducts of incomplete combustion. This is just scare mongering.

http://www.firerescuemagazine.com/articles/print/volume-11/issue-2/firefighter-safety-and-health/the-toxic-twins.html

Short version- it's not just CO that kills you, it's the combination of CO and HCN. One prevents your blood cells from picking up oxygen, the other prevents your cells from using oxygen.

hobbesmaster posted:

High rises are supposed to be built to higher standards than detached homes for this reason.

High rises absolutely are. Burning materials PERIOD put off these gases. It's a result of incomplete combustion.

windshipper fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 23, 2017

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

And Ford is opening a new plant in China instead of Mexico.

But the redhats will never bother to find any of this out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy shiiiiiit gently caress united technologies

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

maddow opened with the medicaid demonstrators

jfc

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

holy shiiiiiit gently caress united technologies

Context? I can't infer current events from a torrent of posts here like I can from CSPAM

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

carrier is owned by utc, along with electric boat, pratt and whitney, and others

the carrier plant trump "saved" is closing, jobs going to mexico

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BigDave posted:

Bill Cosby, Fresh From Trial, Plans Talks on Avoiding Assault Accusations https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/22/arts/television/bill-cosby-fresh-from-trial-plans-speeches-on-sex-assault-issues.html

Yes, this is real. No, it's not from the Onion.
ZIP ZOP! BITCHES LIE CAUSE THEY GOT THE BRAIN DAMAGE!!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

carrier is owned by utc, along with electric boat, pratt and whitney, and others

the carrier plant trump "saved" is closing, jobs going to china

Plant isn't closing, the money was used to automate more things so people lost their jobs. They're still building American though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
God bless america

• Locked thread