Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
For me, maybe Aaron most resembles Achilles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
Aaron is hella awesome and should be Tudiya's successor. Him or Danal.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Tsyni posted:

An easy way to test would be to get the orm to judge our Spirit-spirit now, then come back in a few years when [???] is significantly different, and see what he thinks.

Or we just wait to see if our epiphany moment earlier has changed our [???] to [nepesh in True Speech] once our mental barrier is brought down. If it has, the Orm knows what he's talking about.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

John_A_Tallon posted:

Aaron is hella awesome and should be Tudiya's successor. Him or Danal.

They call rule zepath for sure, under Enkidel ruling from Kavodel.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Sogol posted:

For me, maybe Aaron most resembles Achilles.
I was hinting at Uriah, but that is just my idea, everyone can line up Ur characters with people in the Odyssey as they see fit! Achilles was quite arrogant, prideful and seeking of glory and recognition Aaron is not really any of those things.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Aaron is more like Hector than anything imo.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Tsyni posted:

Fun fact: starting to miss sandal questions.

Let's make a rule, if you ask a question that's been asked before you kill yourself irl.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
:lol:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I would like to thank Boonoo for the count!

The popular options, as of the time of this post:

L-10 votes. Cry and hug the Orm!
R-06 votes. Tell the Orm you need to pray to your god for guidance. Leave the Pit (if the Orm lets you) and pray.
U-10 votes. Tell the Orm to devote itself to El, be circumcised and if El accepts an offering, you will help.
X-14 votes. Plan Task Manager.
Y-07 votes. Plan Arkanomen.
Z-05 votes. Plan FoxTerrier

Plan Task Manager posted:

X: Tell the Orm we promise to pass along his message to a powerful being we know to see if anything can be done. Explain that unfortunately we cannot promise that we can get Her back, but that we will pass along his message as repayment for his assistance at Tanaach. We also promise to come back and visit him periodically, as we had a great time sharing stories with him. Tell him we hope we have not upset him too greatly, and play him out with another tune on our flute.

Plan Arkanomen posted:

L R U

For U- Make it clear that the Azzazels didn't take her away forever. They took her to make her feel well again and not bite anyone else. If you pray real hard to their boss El the Azzazels have to listen. Azzazel is different from those Azzazels but they all have to Listen to El. El is like She to the Azzazels and you know children sometimes don't do things right and need to be helped. I will also talk to El and make sure he helps you find Her! It's hard for him to hear down here so I will go up right now and yell as loud as I can! I will be back very, very soon. You have been a good and brave snake and I know she is very proud of you!

Then march up the side of the Well and shake Jael until they do something to comfort that poor, poor wretched construct because holy poo poo you don't rip a mother away from her child without helping the child understand. That's cruel and the PtB hosed up big time letting this pure and good creature wallow in agony as it screams for centuries just to see the smile of its mother just one more time.

Plan FoxTerrier posted:

Tell the Orm: My friend, please calm yourself. You are so beautiful, your gems are so shiny, and I do not want you to be sad. I know it is hard, but please calm down for me in case you accidentally hurt me again, because I am so small. (offer a consoling touch if it feels appropriate)

My friend, I am weaker than Azazel and his students—you have seen so yourself—so I am not sure that I will be able to help you if he has not been able. I will pray to the Azazels though, and I will ask for news or aid. I do not know if they will give us answers or help, but I will try.

I need you to be strong if the Azazels won't give me news, or say they cannot help. I need you to be strong, because She would not want you to be sad. You are much too beautiful to be sad. And either way, I will come visit you again to tell stories and play flute and be your friend.

Would you like to take a nap while I go pray? I can play my flute to help you to sleep, and rest may make you feel better. I know She would want you to feel better.

I do not have time to update tonight. Voting remains open for all options. If you change your vote, please say what you change it from and what you change it to.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 23, 2017

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Task Manager posted:

A somewhat silly thing someone did.
Everyone love everyone folks.

But lets not focus on that and not make any bigger of a deal out of it than needed. At least that is my suggestion.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Switching from U to RU. Pray to El first before conversion.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Holy poo poo he got a full day over that. Don't report people guys. Tsyni is a good poster and this game wouldn't be what it is without the various factions and personalities that make up Enkidel.

I love you Tsyni. *kisses*

e: also it reminded me about my joke hat question to the orm that actually got answered and for that alone it's worth it.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Change to X, Plan Task Manager

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I dunno I think that report is pretty funny, though I don't think context was taken into account well enough and 24 hours was harsh, maybe 2-4 hours since he was clearly joking.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Task Manager

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
L + FoxTerrier

We don't have the authority to promise him he'll get help.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Task Manager

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

X

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Probably too late, but I think you missed my questions too Diog.
Mexican, I didn't mean to skip your question. It was asked after one which sent the Orm into a fragile state again, so it did not get answered. A number of questions were skipped for that reason. Once someone sent him to pieces again... it was too late.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

Z Fox Terrier

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Z

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

X

For the record I didn't report Tsyni. We have a back and forth like this all the time

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It's a matter of time before someone reports catperson.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Nyaa posted:

Annnnnd done

not really

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Nyaa posted:

We have already met lizard, snake, but, fish and ugly green people. It's only a matter of time before we find the fabled cat people Nyaa, meanwhile just keep voting to keep exploring. They have to be out there.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

....and while you deal with the Orm, Tudiya is on his way to Acco with your brother to negotiate a deal the likes of which no man of Zepath has ever attempted! Barkof sacked two cities with far weaker a force than what the King of Zepath commands and that was after he helped sack Dor. The only thing stopping the Men of Zepath from conquering... a substantial portion of Ur is their unwillingness to do so. Nothing this side of the Great Cities could withstand your people, powerful and few... though not so few as they were a few decades ago and perhaps even stronger now?

Will this be a first step? Chait once spoke to you about his desire to leave weighty matters to younger men. The Trio spoke to you of the compelling, almost overwhelming urge to intervene to aid and protect those less powerful and how such feelings must be resisted and moderated...

You will make it back in plenty of time to deal with whatever result Tudiya has achieved. But what will it be?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 23, 2017

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
X

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Diogines posted:

You will make it back in plenty of time to deal with whatever result Tudiya has achieved. But what will it be?

Probably not this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

John_A_Tallon posted:

Probably not this:

:shittypop:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

John_A_Tallon posted:

Probably not this:

Burn it.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

gently caress me, Nyaa is leaking his brain stuff!

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Kitty Leggy Ladies

Kitty Leggy Ladies

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
X

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Obviously Ishamal is Hermes. Who else do we know that gives us MDMA on a regular basis and tells us what the more important dudes think?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Tsyni posted:

Fun fact: starting to miss sandal questions.

Let's make a rule, if you ask a question that's been asked before you kill yourself irl.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Holy poo poo

Anyway, there's been so much posting at a time when I can't keep up with it very well. I want to just tell the Orm that we'll do what we can but we can't promise anything. What's that?

Plan Taskmanager I guess.

I wish we'd asked what HER name was before he broke down again.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

X, plan task manager. And since we have to put in a word with the big guy we need to know her name.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

ORMBRO WHAT WAS YOUR WIFE'S NAME WHAT ATE YOUR KIDS? I SWEAR IT'S IMPORTANT! QUIT loving AROUND WITH PLATE TECONICS WE AREN'T DONE YELLING QUESTIONS AT YOU YET!

Jesus timing loving christ. :smithicide:

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Do not talk about Her, the Children, their civilization, taking things, hunger demons OR the goddamn ocean.

Seriously, do not.

We lost the strength of thirty men from resisting his accidental mindfuckery. take a hint. El, if he's even kinda-vaguely-scient, already knows Her drat name.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diogines posted:

....and while you deal with the Orm, Tudiya is on his way to Acco with your brother to negotiate a deal the likes of which no man of Zepath has ever attempted! Barkof sacked two cities with far weaker a force than what the King of Zepath commands and that was after he helped sack Dor. The only thing stopping the Men of Zepath from conquering... a substantial portion of Ur is their unwillingness to do so. Nothing this side of the Great Cities could withstand your people, powerful and few... though not so few as they were a few decades ago and perhaps even stronger now?

Will this be a first step? Chait once spoke to you about his desire to leave weighty matters to younger men. The Trio spoke to you of the compelling, almost overwhelming urge to intervene to aid and protect those less powerful and how such feelings must be resisted and moderated...

I feel really bad about how this is all playing out. This isn't how things should be going.

Back when we met with Aharon in Baitel, we asked what made a good king.

Diogines posted:

"A good king? That is quite a question, what makes a good king?" the old priest asks. "There is a lot of debate over that, ask ten men, get twenty answers. A king should be courageous in the defense of his people wise, patient, kind, generous, bold and learned, yes, yes, yes, all of that, but what do those words mean? Many with the best of intentions, with superior intellects and skill control the lives of their people closely. Yet men are not birds to be caged and fed and cared for while locked away. Others, with their great power, seek conquest for their own glory and wealth for their own desires and perhaps such conquerors are men of renown, but are they truly good kings? Some turn their back upon their people, finding fascination with studies and arts unique only to men of such power and intellect. It might be said that a king... a good king mind you, is a servant to his family, his people. Knowing that what they desire and what they need are two different things entirely and managing that balance carefully. By that standard, the kings of Zepath have been exceptional."

Tudiya is probably right, and he has good intentions. But even with the best of intentions men aren't supposed to be controlled. gently caress.

Also, relevant to some of the other things happening in the thread, I wanted to point out that a certain sort of Diog reply has been around for a long drat time,

Diogines posted:

You will hate this answer and I apologize, but if you have, it was explicitly described in the game, if not, not.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Vote should be current up to this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So what would happen if we refused to use force against Gezer? Obviously Tudiya would be beyond pissed for disobeying him, but I'd imagine we would have the reluctant support of the more traditional Mighty Men for once.