Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just a montage of Ronaldo trying and failing to kill himself in front of Steven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

glam rock hamhock posted:

Just a montage of Ronaldo trying and failing to kill himself in front of Steven

An episode where Ronaldo is trapped inside a Groundhog Day-esque loop and kills himself dozens of times in front of Steven in a desperate attempt to escape

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
"Look, Steven, I am just oh-so precariously on this ledge over looking these jagged rocks. Imagine what would happen if I were to fall"

"I'm not turning you into a gem-person, Ronaldo"

*next scene in montage*

"The horror! There is a needle on the beach of unknown origin! Who knows what diseases this may hold!? Why, one injection could do me in! If I were to fall on it..."

"Ronaldo, seriously, stop trying to die in front of me. It's really annoying."

*next scene in montage*

"Oh no, I am accidentally mixing bleach into these smoothie that I am about to drink. What horror would befell me if I were to drink it? Oh no, I can't resist."

"Ronaldo, what the hell is a matter with you, boy?", Fryman slaps the drink out of his hands, "I swear to God you get crazier every day. Now, you're trying to eat bleach!" Grabs Ronaldo's hands and begins dragging him off.

"No, dad, you don't understand! Steven is going to make me immortal! Steven? Steven!?"

*smash cut to Steven trying to enjoy his lunch*

Ronaldo jumps in on his knees causing Steven to grow a sour look, "Steven, please, make me a gem-person, please, please!"

"Sigh", Steven's head falls into his lunch in annoyance.

---

Admit it, even though this would never pass the censors, you can see him doing it.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 22, 2017

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was looking at Valkyrie Profile just now and it gave me a thought, could we call the ones that get revived Einherjar?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
edit: bloop

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 23, 2017

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

The_Doctor posted:

now I can't find it.

For the best.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Yeah, probably.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The Pearls wanted a Rose not a Berry.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Um, Pearl is clearly Birdmom, not Birdchild, thankyouverymuch. :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Meh.com has crystal gem necklaces for sale today. I.e. made out of Lapis, Peridot, Amethyst. Each one comes with a Pearl or 12. The thing is, they spelled Rose Quartz and Garnet wrong.

Yes, I know they're actually different semiprecious gems. But they're the right colors.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Heffer where are the new episodes

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
You should be asking Ralph, idiot. He makes them!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Who would be the Filburt of Steven Universe? The best I can come up with is some combination of Ronaldo and Peridot.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

LemonLimeTime posted:

Heffer where are the new episodes

Weird, I was just talking about Rocko's Modern Life yesterday.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Who would be Filbert "first you turn the page, then you wash your hands" Turtle? The character who insists that there's always time for safety? That's a hard one.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

RandomPauI posted:

Who would be Filbert "first you turn the page, then you wash your hands" Turtle? The character who insists that there's always time for safety? That's a hard one.

Pearl duh

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

RandomPauI posted:

On the other hand Filburt was also kind of a dick but yeah that's mostly right

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Actually it would be Connie's Mom.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RZApublican posted:

On the other hand Filburt was also kind of a dick but yeah that's mostly right

Yes, Pearl has never been a dick before.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Oh man, Lars got a scar over one eye and white hair, he's turned into a deviant art fan character. do not steal.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

QwertySanchez posted:

Oh man, Lars got a scar over one eye and white hair, he's turned into a deviant art fan character. do not steal.

Light pink hair. He's the same colors as Lion.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Lars performed one brave act in his short life and now he's stuck underground a world he does not understand and he's some kind of gem zombie. I've seen people say bringing him back to life so soon was cheap but he's not really back to life, is he. He's not even back to Earth either. Honestly, if the offcolors had taken his offer he'd be in an incredibly terrible situation and one very unexpected of a Y7 show. At least he has a purpose but it's kind of a bad end, for a character whose sin was being a moody teenager.

I'm kind of hoping the Beach City episodes aren't a bunch of anime references and we get to see Sadie tell Steven that this is not acceptable. Would put Steven in an interesting spot and would help him develop his ideals a bit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Do you think summer of Steven will be a thing again? When did we learn it was going to be a thing last year?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm kind of hoping the Beach City episodes aren't a bunch of anime references and we get to see Sadie tell Steven that this is not acceptable. Would put Steven in an interesting spot and would help him develop his ideals a bit.

Not acceptable how? It wasn't his fault that Lars stayed in the ship, or that he died.

Steven _just_ got back to Earth, we don't even know if he'll do anything but try to go rescue Lars in the next episodes.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Lars performed one brave act in his short life and now he's stuck underground a world he does not understand and he's some kind of gem zombie. I've seen people say bringing him back to life so soon was cheap but he's not really back to life, is he. He's not even back to Earth either. Honestly, if the offcolors had taken his offer he'd be in an incredibly terrible situation and one very unexpected of a Y7 show. At least he has a purpose but it's kind of a bad end, for a character whose sin was being a moody teenager.

The show's treatment of Lars is pretty terrible. Guy just wants to be normal and get over his social anxiety... Guess we better kill him, make him a zombie, and make him all pink and strand him away from everyone. Imagine if they did that with Lapis and her whole depression thing!

Given that taking away his bodily autonomy didn't result in Steven learning anything, I doubt this will either.

edit: Also, how old are Sadie and Lars?

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jun 25, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I hope the beach city episodes are a bunch of anime references. Just make them good ones!

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Do you think summer of Steven will be a thing again? When did we learn it was going to be a thing last year?

Original announcement: http://stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/post/147311029937/theres-a-whole-lot-of-steven-coming-your-way-see

That was posted 7-12-2016, so if the were to do it, and repeat the schedule exactly, they'll announce this year's within 3 weeks and start airing it within 4.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Last time around it was announced early July, and episodes started airing on the 18th. I think it's pretty likely, considering how they've been hording episodes, but we'll have to wait and see.

Edit:

Jorenko posted:

Original announcement: http://stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/post/147311029937/theres-a-whole-lot-of-steven-coming-your-way-see

That was posted 7-12-2016, so if the were to do it, and repeat the schedule exactly, they'll announce this year's within 3 weeks and start airing it within 4.

I had the same thought to check the Crewniverse page, but I also double checked news stories and it turns out it was *announced* about a week two weeks earlier, on the 6th 1st. (Not that a week difference for something that happened a year ago really matters, mind you)

Edit Edit: Here's the announcement tweet from last year:

https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/...e-summer-239142

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 25, 2017

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Milky Moor posted:

edit: Also, how old are Sadie and Lars?

Lars was still getting grades of some kind as of "The Good Lars," so either high school or junior college-aged. Barb referred to Sadie as an adult, but there's still some leeway from late teens to early twenties.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Lars started off cowering and freezing in the face of adversity, then he learned that it is normal to feel fear, then he learned to act in spite of his fear, and then he did something heroic at great personal cost. The worst thing that could possibly happen to him has already happened. He now has the courage to be a better, kinder person, if only Steven can bring him home.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Bongo Bill posted:

if only Steven can bring him home.

I think I saw this movie

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 25, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
C'mon! The title of The Larsian was right there and ya blew it!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I vote we leave lars on mars

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

glam rock hamhock posted:

C'mon! The title of The Larsian was right there and ya blew it!

You try and find a goddamn version of the poster that's good enough to use without the title underneath it :argh:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Get your rear end to Lars.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Prediction: Blue Diamond's song will happen once Steven manages to pull her out of her misery, and finally make her laugh for the first time in millennia - her first song will just be this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOMqqI-kzHY

Edit: Changed to a better idea

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jun 25, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm not sure if this actually qualifies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless