Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Steven Seagal worked with Katherine Heigl once and said to her that he had a girlfriend her age. This was on the set of Under Siege 2. Heigl was 16. Here is a picture of Seagal and Heigl together back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

The MSJ posted:

Steven Seagal worked with Katherine Heigl once and said to her that he had a girlfriend her age. This was on the set of Under Siege 2. Heigl was 16. Here is a picture of Seagal and Heigl together back then.

poo poo myself laughing at this one. So funny.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

dumb. posted:

poo poo myself laughing at this one. So funny.

Were you getting choked by Gene Lebell?

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

canyoneer posted:

Were you getting choked by Gene Lebell?

Yes. It's the only way I can climax these days.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dammit Meloen Meloen, it's no wonder we have no other wolves in the Netherlands!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
These are my fondest Steven Seagal moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLuUL_HnHvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Su8nqitEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4brhyOGtXY

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dillbag posted:

Yeah, that was "Judo" Gene Lebell. Seagal denies it ever happened. Lebell is a crazy old grandpa and a bit of a bullshit artist in his own right, but he's also a legitimate Judo badass and in this case I'm more than happy to believe his versions of events.

Seagal shoots a lot of movies in the city I live in. No woman with any knowledge of the business will work for the guy as an assistant because he's a notoriously massive sleaze ball, and so are most of his circle, including his producers. He's even put ads out looking for personal assistants because no one with half a brain will go near him, to the point where I've seen Facebook and Twitter posts pop up from friends to announce "If you are thinking about applying for a job with Steven Seagal's production team, don't loving do it!!!!"

An editor I used to work for said he would bring his "personal monk" into the edit suite and smoke everyone out with the foulest incense imaginable so he could jump on the Avid and attempt cut the movie himself. Even 10 years ago he was using stunt doubles in fat suits for literally everything except for closeups. If it's below the shoulders, it's not him, to the point where his fights look like the diner scene from I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

Thanks for this: I always find it fascinating to hear true stories about someone you suspected was a dick, but had no proof they were.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like some of the real early Seagal movies. :ohdear: Hard to Kill, Marked For Death

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

whiteyfats posted:

I like some of the real early Seagal movies. :ohdear: Hard to Kill, Marked For Death

Out for Justice. It's awesome and hilarious. Pool ball in a sock is the best weapon

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I was searching for something in Whatsapps's GIF library and found these two side by side in perfect sync:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I was searching for something in Whatsapps's GIF library and found these two side by side in perfect sync:

That's an amazing find

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I mean, the fireball crosses over the border of the the first image, so I'm not sure exactly how much of a coincidence their placement really was.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sure with in recent memory there were hordes of sci-fi spell swords that were slaughtered by clone armies and there was even official Senate minutes archiving the entire event, but Han "The Truth" Solo ain't buying that poo poo. He's living in the real world where there is no bullshit "force" except for those two dudes that run the entire galaxy that use it literally all the time.

I don't think the religions of the leaders of my country's government are real either.

You don't need magic to swing around a laser sword and get killed.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh yeah? Lemme see you build a laser sword without magic buster.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"There goes Lord Vader, choking people to death with his mind for incompetence. Again."
"Yeah, but that doesn't mean that the Force really exists or anything. It could be any magical system. You need to open your eyes man."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sure with in recent memory there were hordes of sci-fi spell swords that were slaughtered by clone armies and there was even official Senate minutes archiving the entire event, but Han "The Truth" Solo ain't buying that poo poo. He's living in the real world where there is no bullshit "force" except for those two dudes that run the entire galaxy that use it literally all the time.

Maybe he's just a sheltered homeschool kid and the force to him is what evolution and respect for women are to homeschool kids on Earth.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

So about a dozen pages or so ago, people were commenting on how they would buy Sci-Fi / old western novels just for the art. Anyone buy albums just for the art?

I don't even have anything to play it on.
I needed to know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3cp9qDrLX8
Playlist

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

What is this from? I feel compelled to watch it in its entirety now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

"There goes Lord Vader, choking people to death with his mind for incompetence. Again."
"Yeah, but that doesn't mean that the Force really exists or anything. It could be any magical system. You need to open your eyes man."

How would the general public know what goes on in the upper echelons of the Empire? Even some officers questioned whether Vader's magical powers were real (just before being choked).

Boggus
Mar 26, 2007

A yellow jumpsuit makes all the difference.

Mammal Sauce posted:

What is this from? I feel compelled to watch it in its entirety now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X9RvuSuU_Y

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Because it was part of the historical record and a couple decades before there was a giant war specifically to stop Force users. Also it was proven to be real in the first movie. Everyone's seen the first movie so Han should have known better.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Because it was part of the historical record and a couple decades before there was a giant war specifically to stop Force users. Also it was proven to be real in the first movie. Everyone's seen the first movie so Han should have known better.

The Clone Wars were about states rights.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Solice Kirsk posted:

Frankly all the new SW movies seem to make more sense if you just pretend the prequels don't exist. As far as I'm concerned that's the intent.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Frankly all the new SW movies seem to make more sense if you just pretend the prequels don't exist. As far as I'm concerned that's the intent.

Everything Lucasfilm did after Disney bought them suggests otherwise.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I hope its revealed that Han is actually Leia's cousin

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Read historical accounts of Medieval battles. They are full of angels, divine signs, apparitions of Mary, Jesus and about every saint, etc. How are you not a good Catholic?

Or remember when Communist propaganda machine couldn't turn a huge previously religious country into a de-facto atheis state? Remember how this has never happened even once in real history?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Star wars is a dumb franchise that doesn't make sense, big whoop

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Solice Kirsk posted:

People can't remember poo poo that happened 20 years ago. Not accurately. I know my 20 year reunion is coming up and talking to those assholes made me realize that. Also space is big. Maybe Han came from a place so remote all of that poo poo was rumor and hearsay. Maybe the local space wizard was a charlatan ... you know gently caress this.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

queserasera posted:

Libraries live and die by user statistics and materials circulated is a major chunk of those statistics. You have to balance what a library should have with what the patron base wants to use. For every Shakespeare, there's a Stinky Steve.

EDIT: Found this at Ollie's a while back.

The same author did this series

The first book was the Main Character's butt detached from him to join a butt revolution. MC and super butt fighters stop the evil plot. They were packed full of Australian jokes and references which would of easily went over the head of most non-Aussies so you were just left with butt/fart/poop jokes.

So they made a cartoon out of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnseeY78gWg

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8kY_IbYq4

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

IamnotJoe posted:

Also space is big. Maybe Han came from a place so remote all of that poo poo was rumor and hearsay.

You know how sometimes Star Trek would get lazy and slap some paint on a human and call them an Alien?

"Sir, what should we call the Aliens from Coruscant?"
"Human."
"But it's another Galaxy, a long time ago!"
"It's like poetry. It rhymes."
"...What."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's the entendre in Cwoarbyn? Is it Welsh?

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

zoux posted:

What's the entendre in Cwoarbyn? Is it Welsh?

Phwoar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Urban dictionary needs better curation