Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Welp I just realized it's been 10 years and a few days since being front row at my last (and only) Ween show. Time is a thing that happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

A couple more months and it'll be 10 years since their last studio album

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The last time I saw them was 17 years ago

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Enos Cabell posted:

Where are you located? They're still touring and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Albany, NY but I'm broke as poo poo and trying to put money together to visit my mom since she just started chemo. No concerts in my immediate future, sadly.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Fenrir posted:

Albany, NY but I'm broke as poo poo and trying to put money together to visit my mom since she just started chemo. No concerts in my immediate future, sadly.

poo poo, sorry about your mom man. Lost my aunt to cancer just yesterday, that poo poo can gently caress off forever.

Before the breakup/hiatus a few years back, Ween toured pretty much every year. I'd be shocked if they don't announce a bunch of dates for next spring/summer.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Welp I just realized it's been 10 years and a few days since being front row at my last (and only) Ween show. Time is a thing that happens.

Which show? The reason I ask is because the first time I saw them was June 10th, 10 years ago, very close to front row.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

talktapes posted:

Which show? The reason I ask is because the first time I saw them was June 10th, 10 years ago, very close to front row.

June 13.

This my goofy tall-rear end head:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

June 13.

This my goofy tall-rear end head:

Aww I was hoping you'd both turn out to be the same person.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Show in Bend, OR was super intense.

They played The Mollusk album in its entirety before devolving into a suuuuper brown set.

Deaner went on a tangent during "The Blarney Stone" about all of the bed bug bites he got in a hotel in Reno.

It was super magical. They didn't play an encore but basically everything after the Mollusk was an encore.

Including the dopest "Stallion pt. 1" at sunset, which my concertmate told me happened in Bend almost exactly 5 years ago and they acknoweldged it which was pretty special.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Clearly this is the next official live album Ween puts out, without a doubt.

Two days before the show I got a hideous eye infection. Sat up front during Pink Eye on My Leg blowing kisses.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Thank you for the perfect avatar/post combination.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Not a word of a loving lie: because of my hosed up vision I took a fall and scraped my leg on my way to the show. Felt like a loving conspiracy theory.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Half Acre Brewery just released a Ween inspired collaboration with Short's that's a Guava infused beer.

It's called Freedom of 78 and it is quite delicious and prickly.

https://instagram.com/p/BVzwj5aBZw8/

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

caligulamprey posted:

Clearly this is the next official live album Ween puts out, without a doubt.

God drat I hope so! Mollusk isn't my favorite studio album but I'd love a live version like GWS. Would be amazing if they did it for each album (pls let me be there for The Pod)

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
As cool as a live companion to each of their studio albums would be, a part of me is super bummed that we probably won't see any more new music from them, at least for the foreseeable future.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Meh, as cool as it would be to hear newly written music, they have more unreleased songs than 2pac so I'm sure we will get some more shinola type albums at some point.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Does anyone know where to get those old little transparent Boognish stickers they used to sell? They called them bong stickers. They haven't sold them on their site in years and they were cool and cheap.

Also, this song (not Ween) is playing right now on my playlist and it's cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfJpQI3auw

me your dad fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 2, 2017

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I picked up a few from Etsy last year. http://tinyurl.com/toor3sp

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Thanks - I didn't see any of the smaller ones but I'll keep checking Etsy and other places (I always forget how much fan-made merch there is). The one you linked looks like the old car window decal, which I have already.

That said, this one is awesome

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bend was definitely my favorite show of all time, but the Marymoor show was a loving banger, too:

Squelch the Weasel
What Deaner Was Talkin' About*
Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down*
The Mollusk*
I Don't Want It*
Tick
Mister Would You Please Help My Pony?
I Gots a Weasel
Never Squeal
Boy's Club
Springtheme
The Enabler
Buckingham Green
Homo Rainbow
Now I'm Freaking Out
Ice Castles> The Final Alarm
Zoloft
A Tear For Eddie
Exactly Where I'm At
Let's Dance
Mister Richard Smoker
Little Birdy
Papa Zit
Puerto Rican Power
Don't Laugh (I Love You)
Pandy Fackler> Poopship Destroyer> Pandy Fackler
Encore: Roses Are Free

*acoustic
- Gener on acoustic for Squelch the Weasel, switched to electric for the solo in I Don't Want It
- Dean on bass, Dave on guitar for Don't Laugh

EDIT: We got a real nice shoutout from a cackling Gener onstage when my friend Jason held up his Jeff Rosenstock flag during Homo Rainbow:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jul 4, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
And I was wondering if I was the only guy who liked Jeff and Ween

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Had more fun at the Portland show last year but Redmond was a good mix and deaner was killing it. Also was honored by a visit from the blast man, who knocked on our hotel room door to personally introduce himself.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Blast Man's part of my crew! We drove him to the shows this weekend!

Small world.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Haha so you're the crew that saved our rear end by generously providing papes? :whatup:

Also was blown away by the nested pandy/poopship.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

That Mollusk set from the other week has been posted - holy poo poo it's good.

https://archive.org/details/ween2017-07-01.flac16/Ween2017-07-01d1t01.flac

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Double posting because Mickey just did an interview for the Mollusk anniversary and it's awesome

http://www.stereogum.com/1951136/weens-the-mollusk-turns-20-an-oral-history-by-mickey-melchiondo/franchises/the-anniversary/

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

me your dad posted:

Double posting because Mickey just did an interview for the Mollusk anniversary and it's awesome

http://www.stereogum.com/1951136/weens-the-mollusk-turns-20-an-oral-history-by-mickey-melchiondo/franchises/the-anniversary/

Was just coming to post that, great oral history of the album.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

me your dad posted:

What a great read. Would be awesome if they did something like this for each of their albums (even if the story might not be as interesting as the mollusk).

Would have been cool if Gener was involved in the article though.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Bold Robot posted:

What a great read. Would be awesome if they did something like this for each of their albums (even if the story might not be as interesting as the mollusk).

Would have been cool if Gener was involved in the article though.

The 33 1/3 book on Chocolate and Cheese is fantastic and has enough interview material that it might as well be an oral history.

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not
Every piece of Ween history that surfaces increasingly frustrates me. It's always so good and makes me wish the boys would take 6 months and literally write the book of Ween.

But I'll take what I can get.

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

Allen Wren posted:

The 33 1/3 book on Chocolate and Cheese is fantastic and has enough interview material that it might as well be an oral history.

Seconding this. Ive been getting one or two of these a year as like a tradition gift and so far every one has been fantastic. Highly recommend the series for music nerds.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Stallion 4 in Denver tonight, last played in 2003.

Yet another example why you should never miss a Ween show. :argh:

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Was watching a stream of the show while on a cross-country flight. loving amazing show - one of the best setlists I have come across.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Awesome show, a lot of songs I really wanted to hear. Kim Smoltz, Old Queen Cole, Captain Fantasy, Pumpin 4 the Man, etc.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

whodatwhere posted:

Seconding this. Ive been getting one or two of these a year as like a tradition gift and so far every one has been fantastic. Highly recommend the series for music nerds.

There's a few duds here and there (Pretty Hate Machine was half-baked and I found In The Aeroplane less-than-enlightening) but the good entries (C&C, Freedom of Choice, Donuts, etc etc) more than make up for it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

loving Stallion 2 in Montana tonight.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Stallion 2 was sick as hell, and I loved Buenos Tardes as the closer

also Gene looks waaaaay loving older than the last time I saw him, I didn't even recognize him at first

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

older is a gentle way of saying it

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
This show just went up on YouTube and they all sound amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbZ-XFsm2-g.

Edit: Actually, it's got a horrible loud noise that keeps popping up and ruining it :(

Leyburn fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Spotted yesterday at a record store/nerd hive in my local mall (they were having a Smash Brothers tournament when I got there) -

They wanted $35 for GWS Live and $50 for The Pod. I didn't buy either but it was cool to see them in a store. Had they been around $20 each I would have bought both for the sake of having them. I have a record player and plenty of records but my receiver has no phono input and I've never bothered to get a preamp. If I'm too lazy for that, I'll be too lazy to listen to vinyl when both are available on Spotify.[/s]

me your dad fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 24, 2017