Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
On the other hand, why back off at all if there's momentum on me? Because Ecco believes I'm town? Initial instinct says that's not much of a reason. It WOULD require AA and pera both agreeing that I'm the scum, though, and pera is out for the rest of the day. Then he could think of the kill me plan, and today plan on riding reputation until another good target comes up.

PMush Perfect posted:

AYC, can I hear your thoughts on what you make of Quid's posts, knowing he's probably scum?

Bringing this back because while my reasons are very different now, my question is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alright, that's enough braining for a while. Like I said, I'll be in and out, but I'll try to stay caught up.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
That mess has more to do with me being incompetent than crafty. D1 I was flailing to make a good case and feel like I was contributing. I could only start to see big picture cases starting very late D1 and early D2. I missed the quid boat.

I still like pmush as my candidate but like I said, the last posts seem more genuine. You're wrong about me, but I'm not going to omgus you for it. I'll vote you if when I look at everyone's posts again you're still my number one pick.

As it stands, AA reads town to me. He's been probing for scum. I still like Ecco for town. Bottle Knight I need to read closer. pera's mania rings just scattered enough to be true on a re read- I feel like it'd be hard to craft that as scum. But there is the possible bus that I mentioned earlier. Pmush still reads scummy but the jailer claim is sounding still terrible but better. Eccos point about the why pmush would fake claim was a point I didn't really consider.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

AYC, can I hear your thoughts on what you make of Quid's posts, knowing he's probably scum? I'd like a second perspective here

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: Didn't fully cut out the end. Oops. You know what I mean.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
i keep saying i'm waiting for a promised AYC case on me but it was AA who said he'd do it "so please AA feel free to case me" but don't feel unwelcome, I ain't got poo poo to hide (but am perfectly willing to translate any pera-isms that make no sense to you)

mush, ONE LAST loving TIME, I did not "go along with" poo poo, as I posted at the time and - you know what, this is actually pissing me off now, and I think ya'll are ignoring it on purpose, so for posterity:

peramene posted:

You had loving better bring the heat or I will bring the goddamn world down on your head

Our connection. This is pregame.

peramene posted:

god drat it, Quid.

good afternoon from Pacific Daylight Time hello it is sara and it is time to play kashuno mafia - I've got my top off as promised obviously and I am ready to play

Quidthulhu posted:

ecco "joke" very fake, ##vote ecco

omgus

peramene posted:

PREVIEW EDIT:

You're loving kidding me, Quid. I'm not personally putting you at -1 but I'm voting you in spirit.

Quidthulhu posted:

i'm torn because i don't believe ecco is actually going down this path (reads as major tongue in cheek meta joking about who she is to me) but sara is believing her hook-line-and-sinker and that is dangerous

I wasn't going to let scum hammer him and everyone should read Ecco's advice regarding voting until you are loving SURE. I think I can do one tag right.

peramene posted:

[I respond to multiple Quidposts in this post]

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not a fan of Quidnose's bait and switch there. He's grumpy at pera for taking my vote on him more seriously than it warrants, but he holds me accountable for it and wants me to explain it. I dunno, it doesn't sit right.

Quidthulhu posted:

But then, Sara started to take you seriously for what was clearly a joke vote and commentary on my not being around when I am scum. That's a reasonable meta-read, but when the game was, what, 4 hours old at that point, it was ridiculous for Sara to be taking you with your point there as earnest. Yes, I easily could have jumped on Sara for that, and in retrospect discussing it, maybe I should take a harder look at if she's continued that sort of "following people around" pattern (I don't believe she has where I sit here now), but the issues for me were:

1. you were coming in as self-appointed thread leader & savior
2. people (sara) were accepting you in that role & taking what you said with earnest examination

peramene posted:

So, once more:

Not to shove your faces in it or anything. Just 'cuz Ecco got to Quid first doesn't mean there ain't reasons to hurm right back at him. Ecco doesn't have a monopoly on harassing Quid and it's a market I'm very familiar with.

peramene posted:

Just a thought: there's more movement on looking at me atm, why switch to targeting her again - enough to vote it, even - and hit up this "Ecco and pera are scum together!"

Like, pushing one or the other makes sense, but both? We're pretty clearly not cooperating in any way. There's nothing that substantiates this. You just think I'm always scum and well here's Ecco - you couldn't even get over the errors you both made about her my vote on you having anything to you do with her my prodding.

That said, explicitly responding that I think it's mush and quid, it's obviously one of them, yeah? I think Quid is the bigger liability and that a scummush will buckle under day 2 pressure. (Sorry darlin' <3)

I am returning to soft-voting Quid because obviously I'm not running in here hours before deadline, pending a situation shift, I will do so prior to deadline (though likely 30mish? earlier cuz of aforementioned plans.)

peramene posted:

If AA hadn't specifically said he wanted to reread me, you'd be lynched for this post. Drop the shovel, Quid.

Also - again, not "clearly," I said:

If you think it's Ecco and me, why aren't you calling Ecco's bluff and slapping a vote on me? You're grasping at straws. Again.

EccoRaven posted:

- if you vote for mush you contradict you all day saying you think mush is town
- if you vote for pera (with this theory) you'd be voting for a scumbuddy

it's not about connections it's about consistency. mush or pera are your only avenue for not dying today. If you're town, since you expressed suspicion towards pera (accusing her of being my scumbuddy), then it should be easy to make a case against her, especially since you have a very receptive audience in the form of me.

come on do it!

peramene posted:

I know as well as you do that the second supposition isn't true, why the gently caress aren't you voting me?

Quidthulhu posted:

I'd be happy to vote for pera, I think the two of you are scum together.

out of nothing but sheer bitterness and spite, if Quidnose does end up having been loving town this game:

Quidthulhu posted:

I will actually play this, promise!

SOME OF US KEEP OUR loving PROMISES.

that was a lot of work and i am regretting it but it's SO irritating that I feel like half the posts I make are reiterating this one loving point - Ecco made a jokevote for Quid, I made a real-but-soft vote for Quid because dropping votes is DANGEROUS, the votes had nothing to do with each other, and I couldn't find it but in one post I even reference a historical event in the persian war w/ alexander trying to talk about ecco and me working to kill quid and take persia for ourselves. its a stupid analogy

i went into this thinking it would be quick and then I could turn around and hit up the rest of the conversation but I just can't tonight. This day's kinda short so I know it sucks; I'll do what I can to be up and active tomorrow morning. also i meant to only focus on the earlier quid argument situation ("quidfusion") but instead got sucked in to just making GBS threads all over him

I am confident that s!Quid is real, pushed this false narrative on purpose - though believe Ecco only did so accidentally, fwiw - in order to draw attention to me. This is a hell of a gambit if Quid and I are scum in my less-than-humble opinion.

ok. i did my best. see you tomorrow morning. please post thoughts about me as requested so that ecco-spicions can be allayed and I can contribute meaningfully

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wow, hell of a post to be late responding to.

peramene posted:

please post thoughts about me as requested so that ecco-spicions can be allayed and I can contribute meaningfully
I think stepping away was the right idea, and forcing yourself to come back when you aren't in the best shape, even for a quick post, might not have been the best idea. For whatever it's worth, I'm sorry for whatever part I played in the stress you're feeling right now.

Definitely not feeling pera as scum any more.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

areyoucontagious (1): PMush Perfect
EccoRaven (0): PMush Perfect, PMush Perfect
PMush Perfect (0): areyoucontagious, BottleKnight, BottleKnight, areyoucontagious

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, areyoucontagious, BottleKnight, EccoRaven, peramene

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 23rd, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 23 minutes.

36 Hour Day. If the day is too short, please let me know via PM ASAP

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry for AFK, usual work busy poo poo.

Will come back with cases in a reasonable amount of time (hopefully).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Good morning! Busting rear end again today to make a good impression, but I got a quick break.

PMush Perfect posted:

AYC, can I hear your thoughts on what you make of Quid's posts
Still interested in this, don't like that AYC has ignored it, what, twice? Three times?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I'm in the same boat. I'll be back at lunch time

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

PMush Perfect posted:

Good morning! Busting rear end again today to make a good impression, but I got a quick break.

Still interested in this, don't like that AYC has ignored it, what, twice? Three times?

I have work and a kid. If pera can bounce I can too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You were there last night when I asked, but still, fair. Think you can answer before the end of game day?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm sorta settled on voting for pera. So let's just do it.

##vote pera

I think the quid/pera connection makes too much sense. I don't think PMush is lying (but I think PMush is excitable, and a more thoughtful examination of their night results would have been better).

I have niggly feelings about everyone over this game day (BK and AYC going for the easy case against PMush, e.g.) but I'm tired irl.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
of course for pera to be scum that'd mean she tried to kill me last night, which would be R U D E but also sensible, and it would explain perhaps why pera has made all those "oh I hope ecco survives to day 2!" and "oh good ecco is alive!" comments.

Ah well.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Can I ask what you think of her outburst last night about not wanting to be connected to you, Ecco? It feels like a townie mini-break to me, but do you think it could be a scum spiral?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I don't think pera was acting rationally with that post and as such I won't count it for or against her.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

of course for pera to be scum that'd mean she tried to kill me last night, which would be R U D E but also sensible, and it would explain perhaps why pera has made all those "oh I hope ecco survives to day 2!" and "oh good ecco is alive!" comments.

Ah well.

i suppose I should accept "but also sensible," but I would certainly hope I've earned enough of your respect by now slash in this game for you to know I am above that sort of play. You're either a drat good scumhunter, a hell of an adversary... both, or neither. lmao

Also - you're a threat, the notion of you being scum is fascinating and beautiful - but I'd have to kill BK as quickly as possible. WIFOM on whether that would make me look suspicious and for the opposite reasons.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

Emphatically true, yesterday didn't happen. Frankly, Kash - can we get a deadline extension? Quantity of posts has divebombed and it wasn't just me; I was anticipating having to do a lot of catching up. Two mobile check-ins and this morning has me wondering why Ecco is still focused on me and bemoaning the fact that I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to nitpick the HELL out of BK's handful of posts to make a case on him - and the biggest, if memory serves, was his case on me. Which is just great.

Quid/pera as the scumteam doesn't make any sense based on either of our posting.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I don't think pera was acting rationally with that post and as such I won't count it for or against her.

I appreciate this, and goodness me should I not look a polite Ecco in the hands, and maybe it's just the early morning and I'm super infatuated with the idea that you're last-standing scum and I'm your target, but this post doesn't sit right with me based on, y'know, you and indeed your posting so far.

This is a remarkably different sentiment than either "feel better" or "if pera can bounce, same"

obligatory joke about my ability to act rationally, something something sociopath

If you'll metagame as far as not just considering but posting relevant discord chatlogs with the mod (from a public channel, admittedly, but still) why wouldn't an Ecco who honestly believed I was scum be willing to use this against me, too? Especially considering

EccoRaven posted:

I'm sorta settled on voting for pera. So let's just do it.

I have niggly feelings about everyone over this game day (BK and AYC going for the easy case against PMush, e.g.) but I'm tired irl.

You're going against the fact that town needs to be sure and have a solid consensus because there is a small but pathetic possibility that Quid was a mislynch. You're asking everyone to believe that you're [we were] about Quid and that you're right about me. Let's take your - our - day 1 posting into account. You came out so loving hard against mush, but then ultimately settled on the one who just happened to be your early-day jokevote?

Consider the following scenarios:

Ecco/BK scum.
BK/Pmush scum.

I'm not certain, but accepting the premise, I lean the second way if BK didn't say a word about mush during his posting on day 1 and the first otherwise.

Regardless - I humbly submit that "let's just do it already" is an anti-town attitude. We've lost a lot of time - yes, most certainly at least in part thanks to me (#fuckyesterday) - but we should still use it. All of it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
So.

:cop:

Let's get to work.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Quidthulhu posted:

Ecco, you have come really hard out the gate saying we need to participate and do some major scumhunting. Like I said, you've done a really solid job initially of attempting to control the narrative. I haven't really seen you do any scumhunting yet, which, combined with your hard-nosed attitude, is giving me more pause than if you were simply being smug alone.

Do you have any opinions beyond your read on Pmush? It's pretty susp to shout "we're going to do some major scum hunting to win, folks!" and then to leave a vote on someone who essentially has said "nothing to read yet."

This was my bag on D1 too. But, while I am still finding my way to being a good player and generating good cases and didn't know any better that tone= a weak case, Quid has no excuse.

Quidthulhu posted:

Do scum have the ability to talk to each other this game? Is it a normal mafia game except for no flips? Is there a night phase? I'm assuming not?

These are questions I should have asked pre d1

This was an early post and could be somewhat joke posting but it still sounds a little fake to me. Early opportunity to lay groundwork for a town claim in the " I have no idea how scum operate in this game " sense.

Quidthulhu posted:

This, however, I don't like. Why are you going back to a vote that Ecco and everyone else has already said "yeah that was a joke vote" with to prove your case? There's far more bad ecco content than this, why start here?

This was a particularly scummy post to me. There actually wasn't a lot of specific things that Quid had pointed out before and this blanket toss wasn't backed up by facts later.

Also he unvotes ecco literally a minute later:

Followed by this, which is in my eyes a week attempt to appear town.

Quidthulhu posted:

What we have to worry about is voting TOMORROW, nobody put down a stupid early vote cause that could cost the game.

Quidthulhu posted:

See and the reason I think you're scum on a gut level is because of how unhelpful and dismissive you are being. You come in guns blazing "I'm gonna make sure we all follow the rules & make this mafia game good!" and then when people start talking about ways to not gently caress this game up you go "whoa whoa whoa slow your roll mister, why you trying to boss people, that's FAKE" which directly contradicts what you did yourself, initially.

i think you're standing behind a lot of words without saying very much. if you really want me to go ahead and break down your posts on a point by point level to explain that i guess i can, but your response will probably just be "nah you're misreading me there" so why bother?

Here quid jumps back to the same case he made earlier without actually adding any content. If he truly thought ecco was scum why not vote and leave it there?

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm actually more on the fence about Ecco now because on the one hand she seems to be putting in more earnest effort with this series of exasperation posts rather than her "do my bidding, mafia-children" from before, but she's just coming to the seemingly wrong conclusions about everything and getting there in really shoddy ways.

And in the back of my mind I keep wondering about the lack of flips completely changing the way scum are going to play. Scum can easily double down on town members together without fearing reprisal via connections to a bunch of bad cases if one of them flips. So I could easily see Ecco & friend doubling down on stupid poo poo because it's not gonna get them dunked in the future. Ecco especially probably has enough confidence in her mafia ability to believe she can talk herself out of anything (and she probably can, like, 80% of the time).

I'm hurming all over the place here.

This post also raises some questions. In my opinion, eccos posting have really changed in tone or content between quids earlier posts and this one. I think quid saw he wasn't going to stick Ecco and tried to back off. His post before this one was a huge defense of his own posting while also trying to nail ecco.

Quidthulhu posted:

Real life example from my life today, sorry for being political if anyone here doesn't want that but it makes my point:

Donald Trump today said some poo poo about something or other, I can't remember, but he said a whole bunch of random crap about how "this is a great thing" and "we're working hard and doing great" and my response was "Man that dude has no idea what the gently caress is in [the bill or whatever] that he is publicly praising."

I could easily say from that: "Donald Trump wants to be seen saying the words he's saying, rather than for the meaning."

Which would mean "Donald Trump is acting like he is saying real things and if you're not paying attention it sounds like he is but in reality he isn't saying anything."

Tell me truthfully, would you interpret my statement as me saying "He's saying good words but that doesn't matter because his intent is bad?"

Like, how would you even get that from what I'm saying?

Again, it's truly bizarre to me that you are doubling down on what ultimately we could handwave away as a semantic point, and one I think you are misinterpreting. But you're not saying "Maybe we can agree to disagree" or "maybe we're reading it differently then" or anything other than "you're objectively wrong here, quid, and that makes you scummy," and like...but you're wrong? I don't even know anymore with this :psyduck:

This is a post that has what appears to be a solid points but on a close read doesn't actually say anything imo.

BottleKnight posted:

For what it's worth, since this is a flipless game, I'm not going to vote for people I'm not sure about or think are town at deadline. We don't get information from their lynch, so if I do not think there is a >50% chance someone is scum, I'd rather no lynch.

Right now I'm good with lynching Quidnose and Sara, and that's pretty much it.

Quidthulhu posted:

BK, calling bullshit. You pulled a post from the beginning of the game jokephase as your hingepin, quoted one other early post, and have said nothing about anything else. I've posted a SHITTON of content since then. Why am I scum for what I've done on the last 3 pages? Source your quotes.

You don't get to roll in & call me scum on that little with barely any comment, that's a load of garbage. It's lazy and frankly scummy as hell.

This exchange actually read as town from quid to me. It has a certain level of exasperation that rings true, but then again his "shitton of content" was not that great.

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, I think pera might be scum. She's posting a whole lot of not saying anything.

Like she's posting so much non-content it makes me completely rescind that statement about Ecco.

This was a weird one because it came out of nowhere. Quid had been silent on pera (whose posting has been pretty consistent in tone and content all game) and this just felt apropos of nothing. I still think it could be an​effort to distance from pera.

Quidthulhu posted:

It's not, and you are once again handwaving away without responding. Your dismissal of PMush is completely based on incompetency, not on scummy play. Even your case is predicated on "mostly useless," and it weakens your case of "you are purposefully not being very helpful" to say "what I know for sure I know you are bad and if you are town, you're not doing a good job here." Nowhere in there do you say "and I think you are doing it purposefully," which would be the scummy part, and once again it's very strange you're doubling down on this being the paradigm of mafia play...

Here's another post that reads a little town. I think quids interpretation of eccos posts immediately before this one was accurate- Ecco wasn't doing a good job there delineating between "I think mush is scum" and "mush posts poorly" as a reason for an attack and quid pointing that out was a pro town move.

Quidthulhu posted:

I am truly glad Ecco has solved her game which she demanded was put up to prove a point that didn't need proving :rolleyes:

Quidthulhu posted:

All Hail Queen of Mafia, so good & so smart

Quidthulhu posted:

BK, are you going to sit there and tell me Ecco still isn't trying to control the narrative?

Here's where things start to break down. I was not paying super close attention at this point because of life, but on this read this is where he seems the most scummy. The self hammer that follows thereafter brings the scumcall home.

That's my read on quid. I'll come back later.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hi, pera! Care to explain your position on why BK is the scum in I'm-Too-Busy-To-Translate-pera?

You're also pushing on Ecco right now, though, so I'm kind of confused. (That said, my brain bounced off like half your posts, so maybe I'm just dumb.)

What do you think of AYC? Without much yesterday, I've been pecking at D1 as best I can, wanna hear you make words (in the same requested language) about his good post by post but really suspicious big picture.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Mafia edit: loving phone! That point about eccos posts not changing between quids posts. Eccos post tone and content hadn't changed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Thank you for the breakdown, AYC. Just saw that. If he IS scum, what does that mean to you?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Douglas Adams posted:

This was the point at which he conceived his purpose, the thing which would drive him on, and which, as far as he could see, would drive him on forever. It was this.

He would insult the Universe.

That is, he would insult everybody in it. Individually, personally, one by one, and (this was the thing he really decided to grit his teeth over) in alphabetical order.

When people protested to him, as they sometimes had done, that the plan was not merely misguided but actually impossible because of the number of people being born and dying all the time, he would merely fix them with a steely look and say, "A man can dream can't he?"

AA:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It's 4 votes to executes and we still have most of 2 days until deadline.

Let's not rush it.

Ecco disagrees.

You're at half the required vote. People need not express intent to act. I'd say most of the time people do not, and simply act. Scum would always have incentive to do this, but more so in flipless, do you not agree?

In response to Ecco's disagreement.

That presupposes that all players would act rationally. My concern stems from experience. Town doesn't always act rationally, and scum coast by on that. At least that seems to be the trend lately. Swath of poo poo posts, obfuscating remarks, a would be turbo, and then a failure to piece that together on the following day.

I don't think it's too irrational a concern.

There's that word 'rationally' again. But observe, dear reader: 1) A swath of poo poo posts; 2) Obfuscating remarks; 3) a would-be turbo; 4) a failure to piece that together on the following day.

Cop: Quid, I've been over this one.
Doc: AYC, new and time would tell if this was a mistake.
Kill: D1 I might just leave it to chance if no one said anything that was truly :eyepop: , but I'd probably also pop Ecco (Quarterbacking as Quid put it can be dangerous, hence my aversion to dadding. I think it's the responsibility of experienced mafia players to guide and educate town, but the fear I have is that these experienced players when scum, can just lead town right to a defeat while eluding detection or suspicion).

Alternatively, I throw caution and player etiquette to the wind!

Cop: Ecco (just get it out the way and not be distracted by it later)
Doc: pera
Kill: AYC (That comment I pointed out earlier... It just rubs me the wrong way, but I'm torn between new player interactions and scumtells.)

I mentioned at the time that this, uh, "content game?" I sincerely hope this isn't a thing, felt like rolefishing. These three choices look incredibly interesting to me. 1) let's establish whether Ecco is scum or not; 2) let's assume pera is not only town but is the kill target. (You may have saved my life last night b t w.)

All day, AA is talking TO or ABOUT me, but it never once crosses his mind that I'm scum. It seems almost certain to BK; Quid, Ecco, and mush seem to have no problem whatsoever - but not AA. That doesn't sit well with me. I'm me.

Mush didn't answer my question when she inaccurately called me defensive. If I was a gambling man, I'd place my bet on you and mush for scum. I've read and reread that interaction between you two. That plus how I feel about mush's posting is really pinging me. Alternatively, mush and bk.

The first assertion is true. I didn't and don't see what AA was seeing between Pmush and Quid, but sure, okay.

A brief return to tone vs. Content. Establishing or even remarking on the practical theory necessary to win this format as town isn't establishing a narrative, and the contrasting views on players is expected, so I feel this is a weak, weak argument.

I feel like it is a fabrication that is contingent upon this tone vs. Content problem.

Also tone works both ways, you can be serious and authoritative or you can just poo poo it up, but neither pin someone as scum. Ecco pointing out the requirements for this mode at the start of the game is not suspect and having had to defend against that already, as stated, it seems weak, even with the argument now extending more into meta.

I think it's a scum push.

##vote Quidnose

Good, solid, serious.

pera, unrelated, I hope my usage of dadding hadn't offended you or anyone else.

It is not a patriarchal attack or anything, momming dadding, it's all the same to me, anomalous amalgam.

That said, I need to read your posts. I won't lie, my eyes glossed over on sections so I skimmed for key points and that is unfair to you, and it happens to me all the time, so I will give them their due diligence, I just didn't pick up bad vibes from you so...

Ok, back to work. I like quid for a vote today. Will revisit pera.

Honestly, if I had to make alignment calls, I'd say I'm mostly certain ecco is town, and mostly certain mush is scum, but we will not see I guess soooo.

Sorry for AFK, usual work busy poo poo.

Will come back with cases in a reasonable amount of time (hopefully).

I am looking forward to it, because as much as I don't like that you have yet to case me despite promises (let me get my TEETH into something, drat). That said, the only thing about this that pings me is the combination of being super clear that we're cool with promising and not delivering a case on me. We're running out of time, AA. Still:

Town.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Hi, pera! Care to explain your position on why BK is the scum in I'm-Too-Busy-To-Translate-pera?

You're also pushing on Ecco right now, though, so I'm kind of confused. (That said, my brain bounced off like half your posts, so maybe I'm just dumb.)

What do you think of AYC? Without much yesterday, I've been pecking at D1 as best I can, wanna hear you make words (in the same requested language) about his good post by post but really suspicious big picture.

wouldn't... "I'm Too Busy to Translate" pera be... usual pera? Now, I'm confused. I am concerned that Ecco/BK would make a perfect and hilarious scumteam (as would you and I) and that we are being BAMBOOZLED in the highest degree by both of them. But of course I am, as both want to point the gun at me, wifom wifom wifom wifom.

now if you'll excuse me I'M DOING A THING but also SO HAPPY YOU ASKED

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

I appreciate this, and goodness me should I not look a polite Ecco in the hands, and maybe it's just the early morning and I'm super infatuated with the idea that you're last-standing scum and I'm your target, but this post doesn't sit right with me based on, y'know, you and indeed your posting so far.
you posted like a crazy person, it's more that I don't want to reread it. it was disjointed and sporadic and clearly not written with a well mind. it's not a problem just, I'm not going to consider it either way, especially when the case against you - in my mind - is already so damning.

peramene posted:

Let's take your - our - day 1 posting into account. You came out so loving hard against mush, but then ultimately settled on the one who just happened to be your early-day jokevote?
2 scum in a 7 player game means any random vote made on day 1 has a 1/3 chance of landing on scum. that it turned out that quidnose was probably scum should be considered on the merits of the case I made rather than constructing a narrative from "how convenient, wouldn't it be interesting if this were true?". If the case sounds ad hoc and made up then that would suggest the narrative might be correct, but I am pretty sure you don't think that.

peramene posted:

Regardless - I humbly submit that "let's just do it already" is an anti-town attitude. We've lost a lot of time - yes, most certainly at least in part thanks to me (#fuckyesterday) - but we should still use it. All of it.
I have a headache irl I mostly just don't want to think about this game much right now. I wish the deadline were longer but a weekend deadline is a non-starter for anyone so I get it.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

PMush Perfect posted:

Thank you for the breakdown, AYC. Just saw that. If he IS scum, what does that mean to you?

That's the hard part. If he's scum, I feel that means Ecco is town given how hard her push on quid was. So I'm feeling that's​ certain.

pera is a tougher read. Her lack of vote on quid can't really be held against her but her recent posting has been real hard to parse. She might be scum but ginning up this much crazy to mask it is a feat.

I need to re read bk. His vote on quid at the time seemed based on little casing coming from bk himself.

You are still a little hard to read. I suppose it's possible that both you and ecco are town. I don't personally see how my posts individually are good but as a whole are bad, like some kind of negative gestalt.

AA reads town to me based on his attacks on quid.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
AYC.

areyoucontagious posted:

Real talk pera, probably. You seem flippant and finger-pointy, Ecco uses too much Tumblr-Style Capitalization (what I pointed out before, the whole loftier than thou but), and everyone else is a nobody at this point.

If I had bestowed on me I'd use it on Ecco first, fyi

AYC would grant me cop powers. Thanks, AYC. I misunderstood this post initially, believing that I was his choice to investigate. It didn't occur to me until rereading that he meant it the other way around. Even I presume I'm scum sometimes, apparently. AYC, why in the world would you give ME cop powers? Especially with - as AA and I both pointed out (nice try s!Quid) - other peoples' copclaims are loving useless in this game. Why a cop would even exist is mind-boggling.

areyoucontagious posted:

Sorry, but no, [AA's post about comparing concern about joke votes] is suspect as poo poo. There's a difference of 5 hours between my "maybe watch the joke votes" and yours. Your argument would carry more weight if you said it closer to the deadline. As it is, 2 vs 6 hours is basically no difference. So you can't claim mine was scummy and yours wasn't. There's no flip, so no information comes from the lynch. Scum could easily hammer under some pretense.

You're drat right they could.

areyoucontagious posted:

What does [Ecco's post complimenting AA's gumption] even mean?

You've been absolutely running this show, and I won't argue that you've been posting content, but even you can agree that confirming that your own posts are good things is a waste of space. Of course you think your posts are good, they are your posts.

My personal take on picks for scum is you and AA, and I would like to hear from BK soon.

Also what have I been doing to make you not like me?

Apart from Ecco being her usual self and diving for the captain's seat, I'm concerned about this repeated focus on AA. I don't think anybody else got that much attention from AYC, save Ecco in fragments. But we've all glanced at Ecco in fragments (except BK, if memory serves.)

areyoucontagious posted:

I'll be honest. I hate eccos posting style. She (he?) comes off like a real rear end in a top hat. Which in and of itself isn't scummy, just off putting. What really gets me is this forcing of the narrative to put her above reproach through demeaning other people and posting a lot. poo poo talking everyone's points isn't necessarily quality posting. Maybe I'm being naive and that's just how ecco posts, but it rubs me the wrong way.

I'll read through her posts again and do a better job of reading through the assholery, but I haven't been impressed thus far.

Is Ecco scum because Ecco's an rear end in a top hat? AYC, it is so unbelievably boring being the only intelligent person in the room your whole goddamn life. Ecco and I share this experience and are both assholes as a result. This is after he's voted for her, vote ON her.

areyoucontagious posted:

Also Pera, I'm a Taurus, I like long walks on the beach with my wife (sorry ladies, I'm taken) and you could best describe my posting style as "desperately trying to be one of the cool kids"

SCUMTELL :rimshot:

areyoucontagious posted:

In hindsight the post about wishing she and ecco were a scum team reads really disingenuous:

I speak the truth, darling.

The posts that follow are solidly against pmush. Decidedly against Pmush. With good reason. AYC had also backed off of his confidence that I was town (which is a good sign imo)

areyoucontagious posted:

Ok, Quid mentions pera directly (I actually had to back and force my phone to lowercase that btw) six times:

He self-hammers shortly thereafter. One could possibly infer that Quid started out giving town-cred to his scumbuddy, and then as he came under serious suspicion started to distance himself. Look at how fast that progression was. Totally town until about 5 hours before the self hammer. Then pera is possibly scum, probably​ scum, and then quid would vote for her.

This is all very suspicious. But I'd have to give a closer read to pera's posts and that's a little dense for lunch hour, so I'll hold off on serious judgement.

(I appreciate it. Sorry it's such a hassle. <3) It still blows my mind that quid didn't vote me. didn't even try to wriggle out. it makes no loving sense. Notice the effort in actually going back to read Quid's posts and focus specifically on every time s!Quid tried to throw a little ink on me - I'm not sure what "pera is possibly scum, probably scum, and then quid would vote for her" was intended to mean, but Quid certainly didn't end up voting me. I also don't really see how this is suspicious, but AYC says it is, so here's a response to it.

areyoucontagious posted:

Not to rely on the newbie card, but I'm still not very good at mafia online. I'm starting to figure out what makes a case vs no case.

When you figure it out, let me know. Christ.

areyoucontagious posted:

As it stands, AA reads town to me. He's been probing for scum. I still like Ecco for town. Bottle Knight I need to read closer. pera's mania rings just scattered enough to be true on a re read- I feel like it'd be hard to craft that as scum. But there is the possible bus that I mentioned earlier. Pmush still reads scummy but the jailer claim is sounding still terrible but better. Eccos point about the why pmush would fake claim was a point I didn't really consider.

Agreed; sure; please do, it's a short read; you don't know this about me yet but I have established a reputation for being a prolific liar, while I don't want to slap down your faith that my mania was legit, just because it rings true shouldn't be much -- still don't quite understand where you're driving this bus; gently caress that jailer claim but I'll get there.

areyoucontagious posted:

drat straight.

Town.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

pera is a tougher read. Her lack of vote on quid can't really be held against her but her recent posting has been real hard to parse. She might be scum but ginning up this much crazy to mask it is a feat.

He TOOK the hammer OUT OF MY HANDS and lynched himself with it. I literally came back 28 minutes before deadline with intent to catch up and vote him and discovered the thread had been closed. Pissed me the gently caress off.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

you posted like a crazy person, it's more that I don't want to reread it. it was disjointed and sporadic and clearly not written with a well mind. it's not a problem just, I'm not going to consider it either way, especially when the case against you - in my mind - is already so damning.

I have a headache irl I mostly just don't want to think about this game much right now. I wish the deadline were longer but a weekend deadline is a non-starter for anyone so I get it.

1) So, like myself.
2) Understandable.
3) Most certainly. Good lord. Thanks for pointing it out, though.
4) Your choice.
5) Is it tho?

He says he wants PMs. ASAP. Have you PM'd him? I have.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Was hoping to wait out these posts until the end so I could read them as they came, but my lunch is almost over. Gotta comment on what I can see now.

pera, RE: the Quid hammer:
If you'd hammered him, everything about today would have changed. I'd probably still be 100% about him being town, and would be throwing myself into hunting down you and Ecco. But that's not what happened. In a way, him hammering and proving himself scum (again, hopefully) saves you, for anyone who really believes that you would have dropped the hammer, given the chance.

I do believe you there, but can you understand why there's doubt? Why, if you're lying, you look incredibly suspicious? Why I had to seriously consider that your part in it was a bus that got out of hand?

I feel like I'm saying a lot of words that I could say better, but I guess what I mean is "please try to understand why people think you're scum, or you'll go down cursing us, and I don't want that because I believe you".

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Let's do it.

<3

BottleKnight posted:

I would like to lunch a player.

As meaningless as it is adorable!

After a long hiatus, this is what my refusal to vote Ecco D1 earns me. No "yep, sounds like her." No "sure" or "that's not a good idea" or "reconsider" -- "eh." Using as few words as possible.

BottleKnight posted:

hmmmmmm.

[the post in which I first bemoan the nature of long posts with many words and Content while ignoring that at the very least I am claiming to believe that I post content that matters and OKAY if you disagree but at least I'm loving trying], specifically that last paragraph, reads Fake As poo poo to me.

Sara might be scum.

(reminder that I am Sara - and frankly ya'll might find it easier to have your phones say "Sara" instead of "pera") scum!BK has to kill me as quickly as possible with as few words as possible. I know him too well (and love him too much) for us to coexist. This town literally ain't big enough for the both of us.

BottleKnight posted:

Nah, I think I fell solidly in the camp of unofficial lurking. But I'm back in action now.

AGREED and good!!

BottleKnight posted:

For what it's worth, since this is a flipless game, I'm not going to vote for people I'm not sure about or think are town at deadline. We don't get information from their lynch, so if I do not think there is a >50% chance someone is scum, I'd rather no lynch.

Right now I'm good with lynching Quidnose and Sara, and that's pretty much it.

Hm. or perhaps I should say, HURM.

BottleKnight posted:

Second, Sara keeps talking about herself and her play in a kind of third person, like, a lot. Here you go:

This is the kind of thinking I do as scum, because I want to present my innocuous thoughts about the game honestly and constantly, so as to show my town thinking. But being on that plane of thought in a game to begin with is scummy, and shows a level of strategy you only have to worry about if you're deceiving. Sara's talking a lot about herself, and while she's gonna come in here and say "I do that all the time, regardless of alignment," I think the way it's being done here definitely speaks to a scum mindset.

That being said, I still feel Quid more for scum. Him getting angry at me only emboldened me!!

Mhm. This is definitely your thinking as scum. And as town. And all the time. Just like me.

BottleKnight posted:

I've been playing way too much WoW lately as well as being busy with family stuff but other than D&D tomorrow night (I'm in the same group as Sara) I should be around quite a bit tomorrow afternoon/early evening.

Looking forward to it. <3

BottleKnight posted:

I think Ecco's contribution [regarding breadcrumbs] was also rather unhelpful, but she wasn't the genesis of the discussion so it's not really pinging me. Also she's been hunting scum a lot.

Is that because you caught mine?

BottleKnight posted:

I don't believe your jailor claim. This is a scumpost and Quid was your scumbuddy. Otherwise, why did you go so quickly from "I jailed ecco and clearly stopped the nightkill" to "hmmm, I don't know, what if she was the target?" You're backpedaling because it's a manufactured opinion.

Claiming jailor D2 is clearly an unconventional move, but in a flipless game you probably think you can get away with it.

##vote pmush

Really.

BottleKnight posted:

Ecco and Sara posted a lot of words that I will read later. I'm really tired today and it's hard to focus on mafia but everyone please read Pmush's posts again with the hypothetical context that both Quid and her are scum.

Mhm. Mhm.

BottleKnight posted:

I will unvote but I don't find your thoughts convincing and I think Pmush is def the scum. Consider my vote on her.

##unvote

As fascinating as you are. <3 Except you didn't know or think to read or have time to read Ecco's article on this setup.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Was hoping to wait out these posts until the end so I could read them as they came, but my lunch is almost over. Gotta comment on what I can see now.

pera, RE: the Quid hammer:
If you'd hammered him, everything about today would have changed. I'd probably still be 100% about him being town, and would be throwing myself into hunting down you and Ecco. But that's not what happened. In a way, him hammering and proving himself scum (again, hopefully) saves you, for anyone who really believes that you would have dropped the hammer, given the chance.

I do believe you there, but can you understand why there's doubt? Why, if you're lying, you look incredibly suspicious? Why I had to seriously consider that your part in it was a bus that got out of hand?

I feel like I'm saying a lot of words that I could say better, but I guess what I mean is "please try to understand why people think you're scum, or you'll go down cursing us, and I don't want that because I believe you".

Sorry I'm taking so long. Limited time with deadline looming and the sword of Damocles and all that.

I disagree 100% with your first assertion, I said I was going to hammer him and I meant it, and I stand by that regardless of the implications. It's the truth, I haven't thought about it further than that.

Am I coming off as not considering why people think I'm scum? I was hoping to be coming off as openly accepting, understanding, talking through, and - as Ecco so beautifully put it - allaying suspicions etc. She says the case against me is "damning" but I don't see that. I see a little bit of an attempt to lynch me before I have time to do what I'm doing.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

let's put theory to practice.

You just say the best things, all the time.

EccoRaven posted:

scum could [vote rush], but it would also be really obvious that they're scum for doing that, so they're probably not going to do that.

it's a simple first-level WIFOM analysis.

This is a remarkable opening post considering how many wifoms have been spinning around my goddamn head.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I hit post too soon. well, CONTINUING ALONG

EccoRaven posted:

See, low-quality posts like those are what'll kill the town and make this experiment even more of a farce than it already is.

Farce.

EccoRaven posted:

If someone posts Quality Content then they're probably town, that's sort of how the game works, especially in a flipless situation.

In order for town to make sense of their choices (rather than just voting semi-randomly) town players should all be striving to post Quality Content. Scum players will then stick out as people not posting Quality Content. If scum try to post Quality Content, they will most likely come off as clumsy or otherwise insincere.

That's the meat of the game.

The full story is that Kash is running this game to "prove" that flipless games are bad, spurred by me saying "flipless games are good." So I have an interest in this game being a competitive (or at least ordinary) game of mafia beyond just being in the game itself.

How to Play Flipless Mafia, by Ecco. Flipless games are good. Farcical, but good.

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not a fan of Quidnose's bait and switch there. He's grumpy at pera for taking my vote on him more seriously than it warrants, but he holds me accountable for it and wants me to explain it. I dunno, it doesn't sit right.

Mistakenly presents an inaccurate viewpoint that starting at this point I will refute repeatedly. It didn't sit right with me either, though.

EccoRaven posted:

does anyone have any reason to think mushroom is town rn

literally any?

didn't think so.

CRAZY HARD on mush. Like, CRAZY. Ferocious and terrifying and full of fire and blood.

EccoRaven posted:

half of this [post I made] is worthless padding, and I don't think you're town for it.

Worthless padding. That one's been sticking with me. Rude af tbh. Y'know I've gotten this kinda poo poo my whole life? I'm sure you have too. "Only use big words to seem smart," etc. This drives me crazy so I'm going to flatout ignore it - AA, AYC, Mush, if you think I'm saying a lot of poo poo that doesn't mean anything, vote me and gg.

EccoRaven posted:

I would vote for BK too, I feel like when he rolls scum his instinct is to lurk. This might be unfounded but it's a feeling.

An interesting post.

EccoRaven posted:

Right now I'm feeling pmush is the scummiest based on play. BK had a family thing last night but he's been a non-entity even before then. I'm liking AA's gumption. And I don't like AYC.

If the scum are outside of pmush, BK, and AYC then they're doing an okay job and should feel okay with themselves.

I don't even make this list, until BK shows, at least.

PMush Perfect posted:

Ecco scum!

AA has been pinging me a bit too. I hate to use the big fake-impressive words but they both strike me as a little performative? Like they want to be seen saying the words they're saying, rather than for their meaning.

I'd rather vote Ecco, though since it's been much more consistent from her.

EccoRaven posted:

for reference to anyone not paying attention, this is pmush's case, to which AYC has said "I agree."

this case is nonsense, it lacks sense. The implication is that PMush doesn't think what I'm posting is bad or wrong (in fact the implication is that they are good and right!), but that I am only posting them to appear like I'm posting good and right things, not because I really mean it.

It's patently ridiculous. It's the second laziest case in the world, and does nothing but advance the scum win condition.

I bring it up because if AYC votes me for this (terrible) case I'll be at -1, which is even more absurd.

It really loving is just the laziest possible case to make on somebody, isn't it? You don't even have to read their posts! They don't say anything! Move right along on this one, chums, they're assuredly scum. I hadn't read this when I made the remark earlier, but I wish I could prove it, because lol @ this exchange.

EccoRaven posted:

I'm gonna lock myself in. if anyone can answer this question I'll reconsider.

PMush's play so far this game:
- Shitposts (worthless)
- Talking about the incredibles (worthless)
- Making a nonsense case
- Says AYC is a good player solely because AYC agreed with the (nonsense) case
- Accuses AA of being "super defensive" (he wasn't) and refuses to elaborate.
- Half-defends an absent BK (this is a scum maneuver)

Their posting just says "I am lazy scum and I'm gonna poo poo my way through this game instead of actually put in any effort." And as an aside, if you want to talk about being "performative," this post is actually a good example of "says things just to look helpful," because the underlying content is hollow.

Yeah. it pisses me the gently caress off when people hit me with it, too. Didn't actually lock yourself in, though, did you? Nobody had an answer for you, did they? I know I didn't. I know BK didn't.

EccoRaven posted:

do you actually have any substantive reason to think I'm scum, or is it entirely about how I "appear" to be posting.

It makes me so, so angry.

EccoRaven posted:

##unvote ##vote quid leaning more this way now.

Why? Not that I disagree with the move at the time. But we all felt pinged by Quid. All of us. If people believe I would've hammered him, I believe it was unanimous, even. The joke vote you signaled on the way in.

EccoRaven posted:

(pmush lesson: this is how you do a "performative" argument.)

SO, SO, GODDAMN ANGRY

EccoRaven posted:

hmmmm

I don't agree but I see where you're coming from.

you made a bold statement earlier quidnose, care to back it up?

You realize you've hosed up.

(this one is long, let's snip here, on purpose this time)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

1) if you want someone using a lot of words without saying very much, look at pera.

2) "I could make a case but you'd just dismiss it so why bother?" loses town the game. If you think I'm scum make the case so others can see and respond to it. Sure, I'm likely not going to think it's very good, but who cares what I think, I don't and I'm me.

3) that you are reluctant to back up your words is Scummy. It suggests you realize your content is fake and you instead look for an excuse not to support it.

It might seem like I'm laughing and pointing at #1 and going "See?" but actually, I'd like to direct your attention to #2 and #3.

EccoRaven posted:

BK still hasn't posted yet today despite being around in discord.

AYC's deep concern about saying I'm scummy but never voting for me is old and bad.

Quid has done a handful of crappy things today (the bait and switch with pera, manufacturing problems with my posting twice) and I'm fine with my vote there.

mushroom hasn't posted anything substantive and new since that bad case. congrats on the worm assignment but please recognize you're not helping the town right now.

I had hoped while I was out more posting would have happened instead of me arguing with gnats but wishes and horses and all that.

still afk for a while still.

"look at all these other scummy people that you could be looking at other than me" except where the gently caress am I? The only other person missing from this list is AA. You need our votes, Ecco.

EccoRaven posted:

Posting a lot is only scummy if the posts are empty nonsense, which, I'm just speaking objectively here, they're not. I'm producing content, I'm responding to people's posts, I'm making cases. I don't mince my words when people make bad posts and I won't apologize for it.

People will say mean things on the internet. Welcome to the internet. Sorry you're having a rough time.

I know what follows but every word matters and I'm throwing a spear at the red whale so here I loving come: this isn't just an angle or a disapproval on Pmush, it's a bitter defense of the accusations shifted towards Ecco and - that last line? - a direct, knowledgeable, intentional, personal attack. Not just against someone who was shitposting or even making GBS threads up the thread, if you will. Not just against someone who she was realizing she was going to have to pull off of -- PMush has been redtexted over asking people to be nicer on the internet. Let's put it that way. I didn't even catch this the first time around, but it's so loving obvious now.

EccoRaven posted:

Pmush's case, from the words she used: "Like they want to be seen saying the words they're saying, rather than for their meaning."

The implication is that the words themselves are not problematic but rather how I've presented them.

You're extrapolating that PMush said something like "ecco is posting empty nonsense," which can't be supported by the text. And that's my point - you were manufacturing it to position yourself against me. Whether it was intentional or not is the question of whether you're scum or town, but let's not be confused about the underlying facts here.

It drives me loving crazy, especially when they just won't shut the gently caress up about it. They sit on their high chair and they bang their hands and they go, "WORDS WORDS WORDS, VOTE PERA" and I'm growing more and more reluctant to sign up for these games because I looove being scum but I'm becoming a loving town liability. Does that resonate with you?

EccoRaven posted:

I think she'd shitpost and be a worthless lump as scum, yeah.

PMush would be amazing as scum and you know it as well as I do.

EccoRaven posted:

We don't really need to agree, what really matters is the audience.

I love this quote. I've been repeating it to myself in my lucid hours all the time. It's true, isn't it? It doesn't matter what I say to you or what you say to me, not really, what matters is that we have to convince THEM to believe us about each other. So here we are.

EccoRaven posted:

You made bad posts. Determining if they're bad posts because you're bad town or bad scum is hard. I currently think Quidnose is more likely to be scum than you, but I'm not convinced he's scum and likewise I'm not sure exactly how I feel about you.

If you're town I want you to understand that your approach to this game - an approach I've seen you take for years now - is unhelpful.

EccoRaven posted:

in retrospect it was improper of me to make such broad criticisms of pmush's mafia play generally while in the middle of a mafia game. there is a time and place for everything and this wasn't it. I apologize to PMush for my rudeness.

I still am not sure if PMush is town or scum, however, and this apology doesn't negate the shitposting and bad casing throughout this game day. It's objectively pro-scum behavior, but whether PMush is scum or not, I'm still not sure.

How long has it been since you've actually played one of these, Ecco? I don't know if it's been as long and mythical as I've been led to believe. There was some time between this and what came before, and it was good of you to apologize, but it was just too late. I hope I've highlighted enough of what was there to demonstrate to the rest of town exactly why what I have means what it means and how damning it is.

(and snip)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, endless apologies. Going off of gut feels... and phone posting...

But I'm still wary of BK, less on mush.

Just a lumpen, nothing too substantial right now just because all of this effing work.

TOWN: AA > Mush (jailer claim :shrug:) > Ecco > AYC > BK > pera.

pera's posts don't say as much as their size leads one to believe. It's not overtly terrible or good, but out of everything playing out, I feel most wary about her posts. Sorry pera.

Will abstain from voting until I leave work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

BK thank you for casing pera. it's a good case and if need-be I'd vote with it.

I also like Quid for scum more, though.

I dunno, aside from you thinking pmush is town I think we're at the same place this game so far and that's neat, I've been alone all day.

I'd like you to picture the image of a car screeching its tires to a halt.

EccoRaven posted:

moo

my problem with quidnose isn't padding, I think the only player itc who I've accused of padding was you, but it's not enough in and of itself to vote for someone when actual pro-scum playing players are playing this play...game.

or perhaps a cow. No comment on the fact that she's been accused of padding.

EccoRaven posted:

breadcrumbs are cool and good even if it's flipless. the purpose of breadcrumbs are to shore a claim down the line; if you die at night, oh well, so it goes, but if you're alive in exlo a breadcrumb can mean the difference between being believed and being doubted.

Aren't they, though? Aren't they? <3

EccoRaven posted:

I'm fine with pmush or quid. I really do go back and forth on them every time I reread them.

In a universe where, goodness gracious, they're both scum, that's a fantastic problem to have, but alas I am not so good at mafia that I think that's a reasonable possibility.

I would vote for pera, too, if need-be.

Wouldn't it be just wonderful to have three townies lined up like bowling pins?

EccoRaven posted:

This is a really stupid point Quidnose and really feels like you're reaching for something - anything - now that people seem mostly settled on voting for you.

How did it feel to stab Quidnose over and over? Exhilarating, isn't it? I remember when I did it in abb2. Like it was yesterday. Almost every day, actually. It was pretty cool. You know you have him, you know he's a goner, but your hair is waving in the wind and by god the power is in your hands.

I see AA saying I'm not saying much here, so I guess I'd better get on with it.

• Locked thread