Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You're telling me that's not sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Future trunks is not dumb actually.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's hard to look smart when the universe is out to get you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

melty blood is 7 bucks on steam

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
over a year later and still no caster integration :geno:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is Steam the one place on earth where Melty isn't played?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People use the steam port for tournaments, but idk if anyone actually uses it for online

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
gg

https://my.mixtape.moe/grnisv.webm

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p42p_CCrDRE

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

good men make their own luck

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.facebook.com/fightinrio/photos/a.775453085886884.1073741829.775442155887977/1295644677201053/?type=3&hc_ref=NEWSFEED

This is one of the Brazilian CPT events in Rio. Peep the gamelist, one of those things are not like the others.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dias posted:

https://www.facebook.com/fightinrio/photos/a.775453085886884.1073741829.775442155887977/1295644677201053/?type=3&hc_ref=NEWSFEED

This is one of the Brazilian CPT events in Rio. Peep the gamelist, one of those things are not like the others.

karnovs has more competitive integrity than sfv

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

quote:

Okay. So just to return to Chun-Li's face.

Michael Evans: Haha. I knew you were gonna say that.

Are you guys gonna look at that again, given the widespread negative response?

Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man. We're not an evil overlord company, despite the rumors. We do want to make our fans happy. Can't promise anything. We'll look into it. I believe Ono already said something about that.

[Michael's quote, "I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting," was said in jest, which doesn't quite carry through into a written transcript.]

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
Started getting into GG Xrd. Can anyone thoroughly explain fuzzy defensive options? I've been finding some information out there, but I still don't feel like I have a complete understanding. What are different situations where I'd use fuzzy guard/fuzzy jump/fuzzy poke. What are the exact inputs for these? What scenarios could I set up in training to practice? As a new player, how would I transition from just normally blocking to also using fuzzy options in actual matches? Also my main is Faust.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
"It's something I really can't comment on right now," Ong said. "We haven't officially released the roster. Let's just say we think our fans will be pleased with what's being announced. And what we talked about earlier with games-as-a-service, we certainly expect Marvel vs. Capcom to be that. There's going to be content released over time. We're not seeing this as a one-off that ships this fall; it's a service that goes on for years. Therefore, if you look at it, content and new characters are going to be dropped over time, and I think fans will be happy with what's going to be dropped, not just in September but going on from there."

lol they're going to charge hundreds of dollars for dlc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The new mvci interview sure is something

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-devs-on-preserving-depth/1100-6451133/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apprently if you liked Magneto you only liked him for triangle jumps and the X-Men are too obscure for current day marvel fans

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

its so obvious the same problems from the sf4 era, except combofiend is s-kill. at least we know its capcom japan for certain.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

Apprently if you liked Magneto you only liked him for triangle jumps and the X-Men are too obscure for current day marvel fans

That's super--no, okay.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

anime was right posted:

Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man. We're not an evil overlord company, despite the rumors. We do want to make our fans happy. Can't promise anything. We'll look into it. I believe Ono already said something about that.

Translation: "Lol, it's already done it's not changing."

Captain Baal posted:

The best part about this is... even if they just copy&pasted Magneto's moveset onto another character, people would be pissed for entirely different reasons. Like, if I love (insert whoever here), I'd be pretty irritated if they just happened to play exactly like Magneto with a different skin.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 23, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The game has to be done in like 5 weeks so they can start printing discs they're not gonna change jack poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't think Capcom is "an evil overlord company" but based on these interviews I do think they are a completely full-of-poo poo company. Combofiend in particular is just a loving mouthpiece now who I can't ever trust after SFV.

Erasing Magneto by saying Nova has "the same jumps" is pretty funny though, I guess that's why he was inexplicably kept in the game? It's not like he's in the MCU. They just looked at who was already done and said "Nova flies and has a beam, put Magneto's poo poo on him" and called it a day. You could have given the loving triangle jumps to Cap Marvel and replaced Nova with an interesting character who isn't just "FLYING GUY WITH BIG BEAMS #5" but that would require effort so, SUPER NO

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

its so obvious the same problems from the sf4 era, except combofiend is s-kill. at least we know its capcom japan for certain.

PR sucks, especially when you have to do PR for a company that doesn't give a gently caress about their product's reputation. You can see those dudes dying inside, trying to rationalize the company's bad decisions in a way that doesn't make them look too bad but knowing you're gonna look like an rear end in a top hat anyway. Capcom JP is going the way of Konami at this pace.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Why aren't we talking about the real important thing here

The blatant lack of respect for skullomania

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That interview is really embarrassing. I hope the game bombs.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

it's kind of telling that they had all this dogshit esports talk at the ready while the DBZ producer was like "yeah esports whatever that's cool but we just want a working loving game first"

also what the gently caress even is this excuse for why the story mode looks laughably bad

Michael Evans posted:

it's very important that characters are introduced. It's kind of like the old Cheers TV series. Whenever someone comes in the bar, their name is said. So that happens in the first 25 minutes when people get introduced and we're ramping up. "

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 23, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

SeANMcBAY posted:

I just want Capcom to say screw it, stop producing new games and re-release all of it's old games on PS4. You know us diehards would buy MvC2, X-Men, Darkstalkers, etc. all over again.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Medullah posted:

I just want Capcom to say screw it, stop producing new games and re-release all of it's old games on PS4. You know us diehards would buy MvC2, X-Men, Darkstalkers, etc. all over again.

they would still find a way to gently caress it up

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Draxamus posted:

Started getting into GG Xrd. Can anyone thoroughly explain fuzzy defensive options? I've been finding some information out there, but I still don't feel like I have a complete understanding. What are different situations where I'd use fuzzy guard/fuzzy jump/fuzzy poke. What are the exact inputs for these? What scenarios could I set up in training to practice? As a new player, how would I transition from just normally blocking to also using fuzzy options in actual matches? Also my main is Faust.

Ask in the anime thread and you might get some more responses.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793219&pagenumber=47#lastpost

Not sure what you mean by fuzzy poke, but for the other two the inputs aren't anything special. 141 for block and 171 for jump. It's not really an input thing, it's a timing thing. Block low, standing block (or jump and block) for a few frames, block low. If I'm not mistaken, there's a fuzzy blocking mission somewhere in the game, I forget if it's with the general missions or is one of the Millia matchup missions. I found the Leo matchup mission where you have to block his overheads a good place to practice it also.

As for using it in real matches, uh, I'm bad and don't really do it much, but obviously the place you're gonna be thinking about fuzzy blocking the most is when you're getting pounded on in the corner, especially by certain characters with quick overheads and gnarly mixups (Millia, Raven, Chipp, I-no etc). Fuzzy jumping is more specific (I think? Don't hold me to that) and mostly used for dodging throw mixups. GG is light on grappler's so that comes up less, but you'd be watching out for options like Potemkin and Sol's command throws.

This reddit guy wrote a few words on it that probably explain it better than I do.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/4r49ie/what_is_fuzzy_guardingfuzzes/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah one of the Millia missions is fuzzy blocking disc setups IIRC.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Here's a pretty useful primer that talks about fuzzy options:

http://guiltygearsweden.com/strategy/machaboo-on-fundamentals-for-those-that-want-to-become-good-at-gg/

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
"Offensive fuzzy" is a totally different school of technique from fuzzy block/mash/jump etc and is only called that because some westerner saw a rising overhead setup and thought that was what fuzzy meant

Fuzzy defensive techniques are still called fuzzy in Japan but rising overheads that use blockstun guard model lock are called rising overheads, or in the case of GG specifically, F-shiki

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Offensive fuzzies are from that one yoshi's island level

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

peter was right about skullomania

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

The game has to be done in like 5 weeks so they can start printing discs they're not gonna change jack poo poo.

Not even, they have to do QA cert and stuff, the game needs to be done like now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't believe that interview goes from "nobody cares about the roster just mechanics" which is loving insane bullshit when you're making a crossover fighting game and in the next breath talking about how choices were made because of story mode

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jmcrofts posted:

Not even, they have to do QA cert and stuff, the game needs to be done like now

to be fair there's no way there isn't a day 1 patch but lol if it like affects a million things to even make the game remotely playable

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

You're telling me this isn't hype?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

quote:

Peter Rosas: You had these guys who created the rule set of the Versus series. They're the ones who said, "Oh, let's have a hit that guy off the ground, and launch into the air combos," and things like that. They're the ones who saw the rules of Street Fighter and threw them all out and created their own rules. So they have their idea of what is a Versus series game. Luckily with myself being in the community for so long and seeing how it's evolved from what they developed into what we play, I've been able to then come back and talk to the team and say, "Okay, look that's that. We get it. Let's evolve it here. Let's make some modifications there." And then you also have Marvel and they're just like, "Oh, it would be cool if..." We could all come together and make this cool game, 'cause we're all really passionate about it.
This sounds like a creative nightmare. There's no way everyone is happy with what's being compromised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Reiley posted:

This sounds like a creative nightmare. There's no way everyone is happy with what's being compromised.

too many cooks MAKE A REALLY SICK VIDEO GAME