Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Okay real quick

Correct me if I'm wrong but I see two options here

Either pera pulled the weirdest fake cop claim ever and I'm lying scum

Or BK is lying

##vote BK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

CONFIRMATION WE'RE AT 4/2

why? why are you convinced quidnose is town? There's nothing in your posts that says why except that you really think I'm scum (which is a clear 180 from how you've been posting all game, but you say "I was lying to make you THINK I thought you were town!" so).

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay real quick

Correct me if I'm wrong but I see two options here

Either pera pulled the weirdest fake cop claim ever and I'm lying scum

Or BK is lying

##vote BK

If you don't unvote this loving second, you're scum. There's four hours left and MYSTERIES ABOUND.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
What is even happening right now I can't even

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

If you don't unvote this loving second, you're scum. There's four hours left and MYSTERIES ABOUND.

(their phone is dying, they will likely not be here for the deadline)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

What is even happening right now I can't even

- Pera claimed cop with a town result on PMush.
- Pera believes that Quid is town for reasons undetermined.
- Pera believes I am scum for reasons as well.
- BK claimed doctor, that he protected me last night from a kill, and that therefore PMush must be lying about being a jailor (since a doctor would have failed against a jailor's target).

Now you're caught up.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

- Pera claimed cop with a town result on PMush.
- Pera believes that Quid is town for reasons undetermined.
- Pera believes I am scum for reasons as well.
- BK claimed doctor, that he protected me last night from a kill, and that therefore PMush must be lying about being a jailor (since a doctor would have failed against a jailor's target).

Now you're caught up.

oh you're getting excited now

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
conveniently enough if BK is telling the truth then I must certainly be town, and if PMush is telling the truth I'm only very probably town.

Pera tosses that possibility away by saying that obviously she would have been the night 1 nightkill had the scum been able to kill her (which is a little weird; it was obvious to me that pera and Quid were connected, scum would likely have felt like it was really easy to drive a vote against her and wouldn't have spent their nightkill on her as a result).

I dunno, I like how in both universes the scum tried to murder me and failed :sun:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

(their phone is dying, they will likely not be here for the deadline)

this is sus af then but wifom af if it's a last chance stab to grab that sweet sweet doublevote finish

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

oh you're getting excited now

I'm really not.

Why do you think Quid is town? Other than you're convinced that I'm scum?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

conveniently enough if BK is telling the truth then I must certainly be town, and if PMush is telling the truth I'm only very probably town.

Pera tosses that possibility away by saying that obviously she would have been the night 1 nightkill had the scum been able to kill her (which is a little weird; it was obvious to me that pera and Quid were connected, scum would likely have felt like it was really easy to drive a vote against her and wouldn't have spent their nightkill on her as a result).

I dunno, I like how in both universes the scum tried to murder me and failed :sun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTsb5hg04Oc

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

this is sus af then but wifom af if it's a last chance stab to grab that sweet sweet doublevote finish

how is it sus? you theoretically know PMush is town. if PMush is town then BK would necessarily have to be lying scum.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I think the most likely scenario is Sara is a cop, Pmush is a godfather, Pmush tried to kill Ecco and I stopped it, and Quid is probably Pmush's scumbuddy or else a godfather wouldn't have tried to kill someone.

If I were afraid of trackers in Pmush's scenario, I'd claim jailor too.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

jailor is a weird claim, though, since it would necessarily draw out a counterclaim. If PMush tries to kill me and the kill fails (with the action successfully performed), then PMush went into today knowing town had a doctor who stopped the kill. Claiming jailor would invariably mean the doctor would claim as well.

I really don't think PMush is lying though. It's too stupid.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
So assuming quid was scum, bk or pmush has to be scum. I think pera, AA, and ecco are town. I think that based on the self hammer that the quid scum assumption is good.

My gut is that BK is town. I think this post sums up my thoughts as well

BottleKnight posted:

I think the most likely scenario is Sara is a cop, Pmush is a godfather, Pmush tried to kill Ecco and I stopped it, and Quid is probably Pmush's scumbuddy or else a godfather wouldn't have tried to kill someone.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

jailor is a weird claim, though, since it would necessarily draw out a counterclaim. If PMush tries to kill me and the kill fails (with the action successfully performed), then PMush went into today knowing town had a doctor who stopped the kill. Claiming jailor would invariably mean the doctor would claim as well.

But based on my reading of the claims, bk and pmush are contradictory. They can't both be right?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Could we live in a world where pera and BK are scum together?

That's a stupid world.

None of this makes sense tbh.

=====

PMush fakeclaiming jailor doesn't make sense. It was totally unnecessary (nobody had claimed tracker or watcher, it would have been completely preemptive).

pera fakeclaiming cop makes sense. She felt she was about to die and she made up a lie. However, pera fakeclaiming cop doesn't make sense if BK is telling the truth - it would necessarily mean PMush is scum.

Could PMush and pera be scum together? Now that's something I hadn't thought. Hm.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I didn't think about that. That makes sense. There are other possibilities than just doctor (bp or something) but I agree with you, that would be weird

unless kash has a different interpretation of successful actions than me though, pmush has to be lying

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
That's an interesting theory. If we assume that quid was dumb town, pera/pmush makes the most sense.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

I didn't think about that. That makes sense. There are other possibilities than just doctor (bp or something) but I agree with you, that would be weird
if I were BP I would have hinted at it when PMush claimed. My role does not explain the goings on right now.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

how is it sus? you theoretically know PMush is town. if PMush is town then BK would necessarily have to be lying scum.

Don't try to distract. I've already said as much.

Still, phone dying and maybe missing deadline? If true, that is a bold move. If there's a mafia roleblocker - we do have a cop and at least one protective role, so it would seem. I don't know how comfortable I am voting BK with PMush being the foundational vote. But I do know I'm comfortable voting you. So comfortable.

One scum declares a target. Two townies join in. Scum two hammers asap. You know this just as well as I do.

And for the record, I read every word you ever write and I recognize your genius. This is the most fun I've had since KB using the lynch as the real scumkill.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

if I were BP I would have hinted at it when PMush claimed. My role does not explain the goings on right now.

You POSTED the SETUP

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

You have a role? That would mean there's four people roleclaiming in a seven player game? I call bullshit

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I'm not saying you are BP, just that there are multiple reasons for not death when a person is considering a fakeclaim under those circumstances.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

Still, phone dying and maybe missing deadline? If true, that is a bold move. If there's a mafia roleblocker - we do have a cop and at least one protective role, so it would seem. I don't know how comfortable I am voting BK with PMush being the foundational vote. But I do know I'm comfortable voting you. So comfortable.
if you believe PMush is telling the truth then necessarily BK must be lying. This is pure logic. There is no reasonable way for BK to have successfully doc'd me while PMush jailed me.

It would be better, then, if you voted for BK instead of me (not the least of which because I'm town).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

You POSTED the SETUP

I told kash what might work, there is no certainty that that is the setup with which he went.

areyoucontagious posted:

You have a role? That would mean there's four people roleclaiming in a seven player game? I call bullshit

everyone has a role, even if that role is vanilla town.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
If​you believe bk, then pera and mush must be scum based on the claims.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

Could we live in a world where pera and BK are scum together?

That's a stupid world.

gently caress you that'd be fun as poo poo except for how much time he hasn't had.

BK, were you trying to stay quiet so you didn't draw scum attention? I was trying harder to be my usual self to pull the scumkill off of Ecco. I really, really thought it'd be me. But y'know, ego.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

EccoRaven posted:

Ah, I understand.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I told kash what might work, there is no certainty that that is the setup with which he went.

Is this where I demand you full claim?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

gently caress you that'd be fun as poo poo except for how much time he hasn't had.
I don't deny it'd be fun, but BK claiming "PMush must be scum!" and you saying "PMush must be town!" are inherently contradictory, and it doesn't seem like it'd advance any scum win condition except to get one or the other of you voted off.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

peramene posted:

Is this where I demand you full claim?

you can demand it but until it's relevant I will not claim.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

peramene posted:

BK, were you trying to stay quiet so you didn't draw scum attention? I was trying harder to be my usual self to pull the scumkill off of Ecco. I really, really thought it'd be me. But y'know, ego.

no

The only times I've been quiet in this game are when I haven't been around, or I've been obsessed with WoW.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

you can demand it but until it's relevant I will not claim.

ONE COP
TWO CLAIMED PROTECTIVE ROLES, ONE SCUM
AT LEAST ONE OTHER ROLE WORTH NOT CLAIMING?

Bullshit.

Need more time to figure out how you can counterclaim ME?

BottleKnight posted:

no

The only times I've been quiet in this game are when I haven't been around, or I've been obsessed with WoW.

same only minecraft and crying

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
so by play alone it doesn't make any sense for PMush to be scum. I talked about why above, here.

by play alone it doesn't make any sense for pera and BK to be scum together. What would be the point of both scum claiming contradictory results? It's just dumb. It'd get one of them voted off, and then the next the following day when scum didn't nightkill the claimed cop or doctor.

pera can't be scum if BK and PMush are town, though. BK and PMush's claims contradict each other perfectly, they cannot both be telling the truth (barring nonsense like a scum bus driver in a flipless game).

So then the only possibility is that BK is scum.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Ecco, was quid scum? If quid was scum, then BK is lying. If quid was town, then I think BK is telling the truth. You and AA are the only people I'm sure are town.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Someone please poke holes in the logic because it seems pretty sound to me. Alternatively if you have compelling reasons why PMush as scum would unnecessarily claim a role that would invariably be counterclaimed I'd like to hear it. ("because PMush is bad at mafia" is an answer but a rude one.)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I don't deny it'd be fun, but BK claiming "PMush must be scum!" and you saying "PMush must be town!" are inherently contradictory, and it doesn't seem like it'd advance any scum win condition except to get one or the other of you voted off.

I'm not so arrogant as to believe 100% that Quid wasn't your scumbuddy. It's what I think - but the way votes have been getting placed, I don't care for it. You said it because you know it and you've been thinking about it. I specifically didn't point it out just in case scum hadn't thought of it. You were prepping for when it came up. You're the obvious choice for first call. We either win then, or we figure out who's lying. Pmush and BK is complicated as gently caress but you? No.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

areyoucontagious posted:

Ecco, was quid scum? If quid was scum, then BK is lying. If quid was town, then I think BK is telling the truth. You and AA are the only people I'm sure are town.

I really want Quid to be scum. In order for Quid to be scum with BK, BK would have decided to bus him, which as I've said earlier today is not an optimal way to play the game (especially in a flipless game).

If Quid was town then scum is still in the game somewhere, which is also possible - it could be you, it could be AA. But I really don't want to think town quidnose would have deliberately thrown his play this game away like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

areyoucontagious posted:

Why are you so sure Ecco is town?

• Locked thread