Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
This game is like Eve Online for me. Just reading stories is so much better than actually playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of french feminists and satanism, have you seen belladonna of sadness?

nsfw
https://youtu.be/2WkcLMapo_Y

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is it always really slow at the start of a game or am i doing something wrong?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
increase the speed

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
better watch like those 10 vid tutorials too lol

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

is it always really slow at the start of a game or am i doing something wrong?
Often is, yeah.

The best place to learn the game is prob Ireland since it's all broken into tiny little one-province territories you can forge claims on, create duchies over, and then turn into a Kingdom in probably 1-2 rulers' lifetime. Irish culture also has an absolutely bitchin Heir nomination system called Tanistry which is a more secure kind of elective monarchy.

Only thing to definitely 100% not do is marry anyone to any family member of the English and Scottish royal houses, because they love to wage war on you if you give them a claim on the territory. Your Italians and Hungarians and so on are probably the best candidates for marriage.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

jBrereton posted:

Only thing to definitely 100% not do is marry anyone to any family member of the English and Scottish royal houses, because they love to wage war on you if you give them a claim on the territory. Your Italians and Hungarians and so on are probably the best candidates for marriage.

I've found the French to make good marriage targets too. Far enough away that they won't try poo poo on you, close enough to give the English/Scots a hard time if they attack you.

Last game, I united all of Ireland and Wales, and also inherited a single province in Brittany for some reason. Then the English attacked, some relative decided to try to take over united Ireland, and long story short I lost everything but that Breton rump-state.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I constantly got my poo poo hosed up in Ireland because of Scotland and Britain

Spain was the easiest starting grounds in my experience, you take the northwest tip and you've got a bunch of border states/mountains between you and france and the other christians will bail you out against muslims

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The best spots to start depend on start date too. Ireland is good until the vikings come - then you get your poo poo hosed up pretty bad if you haven't consolidated your rule. I still contend that Ireland is the easiest start place though, but you gotta civilize at some point which can be tough

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

jBrereton posted:

Often is, yeah.

The best place to learn the game is prob Ireland since it's all broken into tiny little one-province territories you can forge claims on, create duchies over, and then turn into a Kingdom in probably 1-2 rulers' lifetime. Irish culture also has an absolutely bitchin Heir nomination system called Tanistry which is a more secure kind of elective monarchy.

Important note: this is only 1066 Ireland, if you have the earlier start date DLCs and try this as one of them you will get brutalized by Vikings for centuries.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

wake up duck king its time for more CK2

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

t̢̢͉̠̞̻̱̖̣͋̋̀ͣͩ͊͐̐ͦ̒ͥͭ̚h̡̭̖̯̭̠͇̥͓̯̔̇̎̒̏̂̋̂ͦ́ͨ͌̊̑͒͐̐͝͠͠e̴̲̭̹̹͎̠̖̝͈̪̝̳͉͊͐̅͑ͨ̐̎̓͒́͆̈́ͣͧ̉̐ͥ̚̚͠͠ ̶̸̛̉̈́ͧͦ̏͗̈́҉͏̫̦͔̼͈̭̝͖̱͖̠̫̜̮̗w͋̈́ͬͧ̋ͬ̋ͧ̔̾̀̈́͗͗̌͢͡҉̟̯̜ͅi̷̝̼̩̩̲̥̮̝͍̠̯̲̤̲̽͋͆́̔̓ͯ̓͘͢͢t̴̶̙̖̹̳̥̘̜͎͎̦̪̄ͫ̾͋̎͑̏̀͞c̴͌͊ͯ̌ͭ͒͌̇ͣ͒ͮͥ̈͊̚͏̶̴̭͕͙̜̤̠̠̭͚̙͎̬̘̥͙̙͜ͅh̴̦̭̘̤͙͋͛ͦ̔͒͐͐̃ͩ́́̕ȩ̲̮̫̱ͬ̓̃̐̈́̓̉̽̏̋ͭͯ́̚͜͞s̷̢͉̭̝̗̐̏ͣ͡͝ ̷̵̮̼̻͍̮̱̪̹ͭͧ̂̿̊̽̋̈͂ͣͣ́ͩ̆̈̐̿̔̚͝ͅf̵̵̺̦̖̙̱̦̺̗̘̬̮̘̣͓̥̗̩̲̥̂̍ͨ͗̊̑̈́̔̋̚͟l̨͂͌ͪ̇̇̎͏̛҉̮̻͇̤͎̘̫̮͔̫̦͔̹͔y̡̳̦̫̥̺̭̫͈̺̘͈ͮ̈́͗ͪ̓ͨ͋̍ͣ̀ͫͪ͂͐ͮ͟ͅ
̸̴͕͈͉̳͍͓̭̻̹̩͙͔̘̩̅̾̂̄͑̈ͤ̍̋͑̀ͧ́
̶̨̮̩̭̻̣̝̦̎̅ͪ̑̈̓̓ͯ̉͗ͬͨ̂͒͆́́̚͠ẅ̷̧͍͈̖͖̱̖͉͍̙̦̜͔͔͐̂ͭ͋ͦͨ̄ͩ̂ͣ̃́̋ͯͮͥ̉̀́hͪͯ̐̃͂̈ͨ̐͏̛̹͇̠̹̭͎̖̮̰͢ͅe̶̷̢̬͎̰͙͎̘̔̔͂ͬͭ̊͜͡ͅr̶͈̬̜͙̻̞̩̰̳̦̼̥̪͕̦͗͑͊̓́́͘͘ͅe͎͚̺̠̦͓̦͙̖͕͍̖͋̉ͭ͑ͭͦͨ̀̚͜͜ ̦̱͔̗̘͔̞̗̻̱̹̼͚̯̙ͭ̌̍͗͋ͯ͑͊ͪ̽͢͢͡͠s̸̅ͯ̌̒̌̄̎̿͊̀͝͏̴͙̣̹̟͖͉̖̺͈͕̼̬̻̰̫̮̮a̧͓͓͉̣ͮͥͯ͗̂͘͠t̶̷̡͔̻̹͎̮͎̹̬͖̳̬̘̥̞̔͑͒̅̍̊̆͌́͗̋ͩ̒͆̈ͮą̪͇̻̪̰̽̒ͨ͂ͦͮ̇ͭ́̀͞ņ̧͖̠̳͎̥̮̱̺͙̞͕̞̰̋̃̇ͦ̃͐̚ͅ ̵̵͓̻̟̤͉̤͙̜̹͆̽̏ͮͦ̚͢͡w̧̢̛͂͗̀͒̓ͯ̏̉ͬ́ͮ͒̚҉͉̝̝̬͖̻̬͎̺͕͎̲̰ĩ̶̹̦̭ͣͮ͗̀͒̒͒ͩ̀͗ͧ̊ͥͮͮͫͦ́l̴̰̺̠̹̖̗̞̼̹͍̲̜̪͇͕͚͖̃̄̒̔ͬ̾ͭ͗̈́ͪ̍́̇̚̚l̴̡ͩͪ̊ͣ̀͞҉͚͙̞̙͇͚͔͔ś̷̲̤̗̦̰̣̰͎̟̬̮̭̩̪̟̗̘̪̥̾̊ͩ͘͞
͒̌ͬͤ̇͌ͭ̐͒ͪ́ͤ͆̐͏̧̗̥͚̹͕͚̻̟͔̙̻̪̻̣̱̣͞

the apocalypse is come

quoting so i remember wtf happened last time

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
yesss! Keep this thread going

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

first we divorce our wife

and we marry morgana because shes a super hot genius and owns really hard

also look at our heir holy poo poo lol

he's strong and a genius, like his satan dad which is awesome

certain traits are "congential" traits, meaning they have a chance of being inherited by kids. genius characters are more likely to have genius/quick kids, and less likely to have slow/imbecile kids, and so on. Same with strong/weak.

This owns and we have a line of ubermensch for now!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alright lets see what massive army satan sent us-

:thunk:

Hrmmm im starting to think satan's 500 man army wasn't a big contributor when we already had 4k dudes but okay

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
during the war we raise a runestone

It's perfect!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
we won a war!

and got just one province rofl ugh at least feminism is spreading right

god drat it only one province is cathar

JosefStalinator has issued a correction as of 05:08 on Jul 4, 2017

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:gay:

apparently satan came to us in a dream and told us we were gay

king gay. so what

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
hell yeah gay Satan

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
goddamn it denmark is too strong i tried picking away at some of their poo poo and their armies are too big

scandinavia's looking harder to take anytime soon, and we only have so much satan time!!!!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

homeless friend noooo

edit: rofl ur dudes so sexy homeless friend hes literally got the trait "master seducer"

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that horse, Chancellor Glitterhoof. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the Scandinavian people. Thank you

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
we are both feminists and LGBTQ friendly

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ROFL and the next event

apparently King Mayor Dave went to an orgy and ate his gay away???

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
seriously we're getting real mixed signals here about whether satan wants us to be gay

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Prince Octopus is yet a babby of 12, but already he yearns to cuck

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
we are also tolerant of other faiths, and an extremely sexy jewish man has arrived at our court

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
we are so goddamn progressive we literally have robin hood in our court

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ITS CRUSADER TIME FOOLS

:siren: THE WORLDS MOBILIZING AGAINST FEMINISM :siren:

oh gently caress thats a lot of counter revolutionaries

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

i guess not being gay anymore has hurt this relationship, and fatally so

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Prince Octo, our heir, is really drat strong, being a well educated ambitious and strong genius.

But, as a CSPAMmer, he suffers from a constant ~malaise~

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

well look at that

One of Gobias Industries' grandkids, son of Legoman, somehow rallied together a bunch of counter-revolutionary Germanic holdouts and take over the Kingdom of Denmark through the Kingdom's elections.

We now stand with our primary opponent in Scandinavia being none other than a fellow Baloogan - one who has rejected feminism.

He is our greatest threat

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
good news and bad news

bad news first:

all our kids, except Prince Octopus are dead. Poor prince Zakkro was killed by a dumb vassal, Prince Legoman died of pneumonia, and Andrei Dorkovsky died of "mysterious circumstances".

good news:

we changed our succession laws, we now have promigeniture succession! this means our oldest son gets all our titles, which saves us a lot of trouble in the future

also we have finished conquering much of sweden - shortly, we will become King of Sweden and Norway. You can see though that Denmark controls the rest of Scandinavia, and they are stronger than us :(

our heir, Prince Octopus, in addition to being possessed by satan (not my doing) and suffering from gout, is a lunatic

and you know what lunatics do?

they make horses.

also we are gay again

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Lmao owns, hail temporarily gay Satan

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

No point in experimenting if you can't reproduce your results

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am happy I have not been eaten again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is there a trick to getting the devil worship stuff in your game like starting in a particular area/time?

• Locked thread