Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

It's more glorious that I remember, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

For the Americans, in Australia; a country where 'oval office' can be a term of affection, this would absolutely start a fight (which we call a 'barney').

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Breetai posted:

For the Americans, in Australia; a country where 'oval office' can be a term of affection, this would absolutely start a fight (which we call a 'barney').

What do australians have against the vengabus? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zbi0XmGtMw

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Facebook Aunt posted:

What do australians have against the vengabus? :confused:

Any dinkum Aussie bloke out on the pull is gunna pile his cobbers into his ute and go down pub to listen to Barnsie or Farnsie while downing tinnies, or once in a blue moon hit a bush doof. Watching a bunch of skinny sheilas bounce around like blowies? Pigs arse!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Breetai posted:

Any dinkum Aussie bloke out on the pull is gunna pile his cobbers into his ute and go down pub to listen to Barnsie or Farnsie while downing tinnies, or once in a blue moon hit a bush doof. Watching a bunch of skinny sheilas bounce around like blowies? Pigs arse!

This must be what Alzheimer's feels like.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Breetai posted:

Noice.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Breetai posted:

Sir, this is a Macca's drive thru

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Sir, this is a Macca's drive thru

Noice.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
For context: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F-91W#Claimed_use_in_terrorism

Accretionist posted:

Also, the F-91W is more watch than anyone will ever need.

betterinsodapop posted:

It will last through this life and beyond, you might say.

Mightaswell posted:

Great bang for the buck, for sure.

Accretionist posted:

Definitely.

I used to be all about the Timex Easy-Reader --

-- but the F-91w just blew me away.

Blind Rasputin posted:

You never really own an F-91w, you merely set its timer for the next generation.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

omg

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

We still can, because removing it would break things, due to Radium. But there's a Forums Cancer button right by ban and probate.

Have you or any other admin ever accidentally given someone forums cancer instead of banning/probating them?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ariong posted:

Have you or any other admin ever accidentally given someone forums cancer instead of banning/probating them?
Not that I'm aware of. When you hit the button it takes you to a second screen for selection your ban/probation time and entering the reason, so I think it would be hard to do.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Breetai posted:

I understood this. God help me, I've gone native.

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Crane Fist posted:

I understood this. God help me, I've gone native.

EXTERMINATE THE BLOKES

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I was in London a while back and an aussie was hanging out the 2nd story window of the hostel i was staying out shouting SUCK MY SWEATY DANGLERS at passers by in a cheery way, as one might greet an acquaintance from afar.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

sebmojo posted:

I was in London a while back and an aussie was hanging out the 2nd story window of the hostel i was staying out shouting SUCK MY SWEATY DANGLERS at passers by in a cheery way, as one might greet an acquaintance from afar.

https://youtu.be/skHqcFKhydk

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
So it isn't big pharma keeping us from curing cancer, it's loving radium

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

So it isn't big pharma keeping us from curing cancer, it's loving radium

Radium is the Emmanuel Goldstein of these forums.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Water was a fun saga. You guys remember that? A fella pretended to be a mentally challenged man and drew funny crayon drawings for the Culligan water delivery man and would leave them on the door step. They became slightly creepier each time, but still really fun and heartwarming. I think he figured Mr. Water was getting his water from a mermaid? It was fun times, even though the idea of impersonating a mentally challenged man makes me cringe 10 years later.

Im now reminded of Mr. Cardigan as well. He was not so heartwarming. Not at all.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

Mr. Water was a fun saga. You guys remember that? A fella pretended to be a mentally challenged man and drew funny crayon drawings for the Culligan water delivery man and would leave them on the door step. They became slightly creepier each time, but still really fun and heartwarming. I think he figured Mr. Water was getting his water from a mermaid? It was fun times, even though the idea of impersonating a mentally challenged man makes me cringe 10 years later.

Im now reminded of Mr. Cardigan as well. He was not so heartwarming. Not at all.

Mr Rogers was a goddamn saint and I will hear nothing else on the matter

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charles Bukowski posted:

I paid after 3 yrs lurkinking for mr water. Sorry y'all

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Mr Rogers was a goddamn saint and I will hear nothing else on the matter

Perhaps, but Mr. Cardigan was not

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Oh god, I'd completely forgotten about Mr Cardigan.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I got a raise.
"What's the problem?", you're thinking. Well, it's a goddamn huge raise, for one; up three dollars an hour.
"Okay... So?"

I'm deaf, and on deaf disability. I can only work X amount of hours a week, or make Y amount take-home pay a month. I was already barely squeaking beneath the monthly limit at 8.55 an hour, working 16 hours a week.

"So just ask them not to give you the raise?"
It's been in effect since last week; it'll show up on my next paycheck. I only just found out about it today.
The disability people have been supposed to increase the limit for a while now, but even if they do I'm not sure if it'll be enough.

:shepspends:

oldpainless posted:

Are you sure they didn't tell you last week and you just didn't hear them?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
New thread title is good

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Mr. Cardigan reminded me of that old GBS MS-Paint comic thread where a guy kept doing these comics of himself and a teddy bear, but he's naked and has a face drawn on his butt with makeup.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"Beautifur"?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
post more about mr water

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's weird that goons hate Tumblr so much when poo poo like this is only distinguishable from modern creepypasta stuff by how much less effort and talent went into it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Guy Mann posted:

It's weird that goons hate Tumblr so much when poo poo like this is only distinguishable from modern creepypasta stuff by how much less effort and talent went into it.

I'll let you in on a little secret: creepypasta is poo poo too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Turns out it was more novel a decade ago. Who knew.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But it is pretty hosed up to think that by creating Slenderman, Something Awful ruined horror on the internet for 200 years.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
one of the funniest bits of forums history to me was the time that goons collectively decided that a thin person was the scariest thing they could think of

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

little munchkin posted:

one of the funniest bits of forums history to me was the time that goons collectively decided that a thin person was the scariest thing they could think of

They hate that which is not like them

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They hate that which is not like them

thank you for explaining the joke

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
TBF he is spookily thin.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Is that body dysmorphia? Slenderman is perfectly healthy for a terrifying faceless apparition of his size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

But it is pretty hosed up to think that by creating Slenderman, Something Awful ruined horror on the internet for 200 years.

it was just a few people who did this horrible thing

it's like saying Mike Nelson is a goon (technically he is)

or that woman who made funny webcomics

or that guy who made awful videogames

all technically goons but it's not a good descriptor