Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Mister Facetious posted:

It's because the PC is a dead gaming platform for a dying industry.

The future is indie games on console!

Sometimes I really wonder what happened to you to make you this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Kizurue posted:

Sometimes I really wonder what happened to you to make you this way.

I visited YCS. It's where that old joke comes from- you'd take console sales vs. PC sales of the same game at face value, and add some good ol' trolling.

It's the gamer equivalent of saying SA is a dead, unfunny humor website with a dying forum. It's just teasing.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 24, 2017

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mister Facetious posted:

CS:GO

"Better"

:laffo:

You'd probably love R6 Siege.

But yeah, there's way too many shooters on PC at this point with active communities and new stuff coming down the pike all the time. Rising Storm 2 just came out and I want it but also know I'll never play it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Confession: I can't stop watching CS:GO on Twitch. I've been following the pro leagues for a year and a half at least.

I would never want to play the game because I hate pretty much everything about it, but I find the commentary and the camera work oddly compelling.

As for R6:S, I've only seen Versus and Etedor play it. I'm not certain the game even has a pro presence, much as Ubi would like the exposure.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mister Facetious posted:

Confession: I can't stop watching CS:GO on Twitch. I've been following the pro leagues for a year and a half at least.

I would never want to play the game because I hate pretty much everything about it, but I find the commentary and the camera work oddly compelling.

As for R6:S, I've only seen Versus and Etedor play it. I'm not certain the game even has a pro presence, much as Ubi would like the exposure.

There is actually a pro league, but you'll never get a shooter to be on the same level as CS:GO's at this point. There's actually a NA team tournament going on right now. It's difficult to follow the games if you don't know the characters and abilities, but jesus, there's nothing like it on the market today.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

There is actually a pro league, but you'll never get a shooter to be on the same level as CS:GO's at this point. There's actually a NA team tournament going on right now. It's difficult to follow the games if you don't know the characters and abilities, but jesus, there's nothing like it on the market today.

The building deformation is incredible, but gently caress those little roller drones. And making them able to jump is complete bullshit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Some good games tonight in the gold COD. Then Javes joined and took all the kills and I stopped making it to the top 3 :rip:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Some good games tonight in the gold COD. Then Javes joined and took all the kills and I stopped making it to the top 3 :rip:

just be glad i don't play anymore :twisted:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I finished up my thermite kills this morning. 10 in one round of hardcore dom, including two doubles and a triple.

Now let us never speak of it again.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Javes is so good he gets 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jase1 posted:

Javes is so good he gets 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

Yeah. We get triple crotch walk to the camera every time he's on.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yesterday in BO3 I had a lobby of corner campers and melee weapon users. I had one lunge through my bullets one kill off my HATR. :negative:

That's the ONE thing I'll give IW over BO3. Melee weapons are rare enough that you won't encounter a whole lobby of them.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
now that i've hit end game in mgsV i need a new game to play in avoidance of this franchise.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

now that i've hit end game in mgsV i need a new game to play in avoidance of this franchise.

Witcher 3 Complete is currently $25 on PSN, which is not a lot of money for a very good 100-125 hours of video game. Horizon is also $40 on Amazon right now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Get Horizon. Then don't play it and play IW with us instead.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

He already got a nuke, he doesn't need to play anymore.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mill Village posted:

He already got a nuke, he doesn't need to play anymore.

yeah pretty much

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
this was really the beginning of the end of me tbh

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

WELPPpppppppppppppppppp

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Facetious posted:

The building deformation is incredible, but gently caress those little roller drones. And making them able to jump is complete bullshit.

Lemme tell ya about an operator named Twitch who I believe replaces her drone's jumping mechanism with a literal taser.

But uh yeah, drones are like actually needed for extra calling out capabilities.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I understand that, but three or four every round? That's a bit much.
And having them jump is the most contrived, ham-handed, video gamey bullshit solution to level design issues.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 24, 2017

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Facetious posted:

I understand that, but three or four every round? That's a bit much.

Chances are, the defenders are gonna blast the drones to bits before you can hide them. Plus fanning out et cetera.

... gently caress I need to get back into Siege. But lo, I am a PC user for that game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's a ubisoft game, so that's the only platform worth playing it on, because their implementation of right stick acceleration is catastrophic molten dogshit swine flu bad, and has been for every game they've made for the last seventeen years.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Siege runs at 60 fps on consoles you dunce.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nobody said anything about framerate, can't you read?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Frame rate has a noticeable effect on camera controls.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Are you literally incapable of telling the difference between linear acceleration and exponential acceleration? Framerate is independent of how fast a camera starts to actually move.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Less talking about bad games and more playing good games such as Infinite Warfare.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Less talking about bad games and more playing good games such as Infinite Warfare.

What time?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm on now and I may be able to persuade Javes from Horizon.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Gonna eat now, I'll be on after.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Might a well eat something now. Also, it seems the my call of duty page has been updated and actually has a little more info on it now including leaderboards for all 3 platforms (only top 10k because they don't want proof the game is dead)

https://my.callofduty.com/iw/stats

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Those were some fun rear end games tonight. The epic care package is dumb as heck so I'll just stick to UAV - Vulture - Warden. Winning that super sweaty lobby to end the night as good. Double good was the final kill cam being a spider mine.

That said, I'm kinda torn as to what gun to play with now. I'm kinda jumping between the trencher, vpr and x-eon with the bomber and UDM seeing some action every now and then.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I switched over to aggressively working on combat axe kills in core dom and let me tell you they are FUN! I have no idea why, but they consistently make me laugh out loud when I kill someone with them.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

I switched over to aggressively working on combat axe kills in core dom and let me tell you they are FUN! I have no idea why, but they consistently make me laugh out loud when I kill someone with them.
They were especially hilarious/stupid in OG Blops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4t-S6MDhI

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Here's a clip of some axe work this afternoon.

https://youtu.be/jazxiy0LqF8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tonight, in Infinite Warfare adventures:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Highest KD on the other team is a "goon" :ironicat:

How did you die, since you only had one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just realized we were 1 second off 5:55 for the match and now I'm mad. Next match after that was 100-15 and Javes dropped a Nuke (that Bear ruined by getting a triple kill and finishing the match)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tonight, in Infinite Warfare adventures:

NOW! That's What I Call a COD Party Vol. "I should reinstall this game"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

NOW! That's What I Call a COD Party Vol. "I should reinstall this game"

You should. The party still breaks every now and then and every now but we've had some real good fun these past few nights playing this good rear end game. Javes and Aaron endlessly making GBS threads out Advanced UAVs is always good. Also the summer event should be starting out soon so you gotta get those daily freebies. Just try not to exploit any of them this time around!

• Locked thread