Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Isn't the stock weight distribution 53f/47r? That's not exactly amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Holy poo poo, I just saw an AMG R63 in the wild.

It was a lot like seeing a unicorn.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I thiink any unicorn that oddly bloated-looking technically counts as a narwhal.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

:iia: that FCA deemed this necessary.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Deteriorata posted:

:iia: that FCA deemed this necessary.

Countdown till someone wheelies it and careens off into a median at a Cars and Coffee and people can forget all about Mustangs.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The at or below/above MSRP lines are awesome. :v:

gently caress dealerships yesterday, today, and forever.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

MrYenko posted:

The at or below/above MSRP lines are awesome. :v:

gently caress dealerships yesterday, today, and forever.

Pay more, get it later. That's a new one for sure.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's a smart move given how horribly some dealers were gouging on the Hellcats. Make it so that there is a definite benefit to being the original purchaser, then make it so that said benefit is only available to dealers who charge a reasonable price for the car.

It's also the closest to guaranteeing that the cars will appreciate (or at least depreciate as little as possible) for the original owner.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

Holy poo poo, I just saw an AMG R63 in the wild.

It was a lot like seeing a unicorn.

I saw one once and it really was. Every so often I check prices on them because I don't know if anyone's ever going to make a 500 HP naturally aspirated AWD minivan ever again and part of me really wants to own one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just make sure you get one with the bolts that don't pop their heads off.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Abrasive flow machining.

http://i.imgur.com/1ByVcH4.mp4

Simultaneously cool and nasty. Album here: http://imgur.com/gallery/a4ThJ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

AFM may be performed once, as a one-way flow process, or repeatedly as a two-way flow process. In the two-way flow process, a reservoir of medium exists at either end of the workpiece, and the medium flows back and forth through the workpiece from reservoir to reservoir.

))<>((

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Back and forth. Forever.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Memento posted:

Abrasive flow machining.
"Play-Doh for adults" as one of the comments said.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Best way to polish the interior of a machined piece. It's done in injection molding to get melt channels nice and smooth, it's cool as poo poo.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I kind of figured they did something like that, but never seen it.

I bet it would work really well for cleaning out corroded coolant passages inside engine blocks.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I've had mornings like that.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
A clean 2002 from 1972, that's pretty nice.

Somewhat tasteful interior update, ok.

Suddenly, S14B23. :fap:

Sure, probably not the "best" engine swap, but I love oddball ones.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

AlmightyPants posted:

I saw one once and it really was. Every so often I check prices on them because I don't know if anyone's ever going to make a 500 HP naturally aspirated AWD minivan ever again and part of me really wants to own one.

There's a great thread where someone bought a second hand one (possibly ex-Shaq iirc?) and after a few thousand miles the engine went pop. Since a replacement motor would have been $57k he decided to rebuild it himself: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/r63-amg-the-unicorn-of-my-destruction/110824/page1/

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVV_za4wkEc

New Project Binky outtakes.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Twat

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

It's not really that oddball, it was basically the standard thing that you did if you had the money to get an S14 for a long time, and it's only changing now that they're getting really difficult to get your hands on.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

When people were pulling out s14's to put in s50's 10+ years ago this was a very common swap because you could get a s14 for a grand or two. It's commonly referred to as a M2 and is a very fun combo to drive.

One of the older and likely nicest ones completed sold on Bring a Trailer recently for $125k - http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-bmw-2002tii-11/

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Sinestro posted:

It's not really that oddball, it was basically the standard thing that you did if you had the money to get an S14 for a long time, and it's only changing now that they're getting really difficult to get your hands on.

NitroSpazzz posted:

When people were pulling out s14's to put in s50's 10+ years ago this was a very common swap because you could get a s14 for a grand or two. It's commonly referred to as a M2 and is a very fun combo to drive.

One of the older and likely nicest ones completed sold on Bring a Trailer recently for $125k - http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-bmw-2002tii-11/

I see. Neither the 2002 or the E30 M3 was ever sold in any meaningful numbers here in Sweden, so I've actually never seen this combo before. The more you know!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It helps that the engines share the same basic design, so it's not like you're trying to fit in some complete oddity of a lump.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Can you pass it back and forth like a subway car? :shrek:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

These are awesome.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It took me a moment of confusion before I remembered that cabovers aren't as common in the US as they are in Europe. :shobon:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Maybe not the right thread but I liked it. Turns out I don't mind flames on a car it they're made out of rust.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Collateral Damage posted:

It took me a moment of confusion before I remembered that cabovers aren't as common in the US as they are in Europe. :shobon:

They're hardly rare. Is that why that was posted? I'm still confused about what's special in that pic.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
it's the first one I've seen in Ukraine. I'll not post anymore common boring poo poo, Sorry guys.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Guys, its rare for him because he lives in the US. Chill out, this is cool AI stuff.

The thread title is Awesome AI car poo poo, not 'Only Rare AI poo poo'. Stop chasing off content generators.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 26, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

On the flipside I saw a US Peterbilt kinda truck hauling in the UK last week and my girlfriend didn't realise what I was going 'wtf?' over until I told her they're not a thing over here.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

On the flipside I saw a US Peterbilt kinda truck hauling in the UK last week and my girlfriend didn't realise what I was going 'wtf?' over until I told her they're not a thing over here.
It wasn't Eubank was it?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cursedshitbox posted:

These are awesome.

Not very awesome, I'm getting some strong :ussr: flashbacks here! Well the Lada looks pretty clean for a 5 year old car.

What are you doing in Ukraine anyway?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I was at a local car show a few weeks ago and apparently some dude just bought and restored a giant Kenworth and just drives it around for shits and giggles:

Rather more interesting cab-over trucks:

(Skoda never made trucks. And these have Detroit Diesel engines somehow).

Okay that's the last truck. There was also a surprising amount of other American iron too:

A few more and larger versions here: http://imgur.com/a/D4aZj

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Guys, its rare for him because he lives in the US. Chill out, this is cool AI stuff.

The thread title is Awesome AI car poo poo, not 'Only Rare AI poo poo'. Stop chasing off content generators.

Just want to chime in, CA born and raised and I instantly knew why he linked it, I've never seen one IRL, only in Euro Truck Simulator

mobby_6kl posted:

What are you doing in Ukraine anyway?

First thing I thought too, and tossing it out so casually lmao

Anyhow went to phone pics so I could contribute, my GIRLFRIEND's first gen fit had the o2 sensor fail, went to pick her up after she dropped it off at the shop

Look what I found in the corner... gf was in a rush wouldn't let me ask the guy if anyone was interested in selling, I told myself I'd ask when I drove her to pick the car back up but by then it was already gone :saddowns:

EDIT: whoops forgot to blur the plate hope its ok? I'll do it if I have to

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I don't care. People generally do it to their own vehicles because doxxing.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

i'm not a big fan otherwise but that warhol art car is seriously amazing and one of the coolest looking cars ever. forget the harlequin vw

also that 2nd pic is rad, what car is that?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I present to you: The most reliable Alfa . . . in the world.

https://goo.gl/maps/pvvrU4PFf192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Thief posted:

also that 2nd pic is rad, what car is that?

Lotus Esprit, one of the later ones. Looks like it's set up for rallycross?