Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Chaotic Flame posted:

Yeah, that's my default but I wasn't sure if there were any special events for the finale or anything.

I'm going to try to attend tonight's performance at Roscoe's, but if anyone has any better recommendations then I'll probably show up :)
The one at Roscoe's has Alaska Thunderfuck, Trannika Rex, and Frida Lay. I haven't heard of Frida, but I've heard that Trannika is a hilarious MC and Alaska is, obviously, Alaska.

e: I moved to the area literally last week, so I can be your New In Town buddy but I can't help you find anything that isn't on Google, unfortunately!

Hug in a Can fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hug in a Can posted:

I'm going to try to attend tonight's performance at Roscoe's, but if anyone has any better recommendations then I'll probably show up :)
The one at Roscoe's has Alaska Thunderfuck, Trannika Rex, and Frida Lay. I haven't heard of Frida, but I've heard that Trannika is a hilarious MC and Alaska is, obviously, Alaska.

The Roscoe viewings from what I've heard, and what they've uploaded of the guests talking during commercial, are excellent. Probably packed tho, go early.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

esperterra posted:

The Roscoe viewings from what I've heard, and what they've uploaded of the guests talking during commercial, are excellent. Probably packed tho, go early.

oh, definitely. :o: I think I'm going to get a cab at 6, since the bar opens at 5. I feel weird about going alone, but also excited!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Same boat here! Going to the Van bar viewing alone, but it's worth it to watch the finale with likeminded people.

Besides, I know who the top two are and want to see how people react to the first lip syncs. May record reactions!

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
My husband had to remind me that the finale is tonight. He's team Shea, I'm team Sasha. Let's see if this episode ends in divorce.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Roscoe's is definitely the best option for viewing, my friends and I are going to try Sidetrack instead because we don't have time to get to Roscoe's early.

e: ONE HOUR TO GO :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn: Team Peppermint

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 23, 2017

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A happy drag superbowl to you all.

I don't care who wins I just hope there is a dreadful Charlie Hides 'redemption' lip sync and that Alexis Michelle continues to lower her stock in the booking market through her magically terrible way of interacting with people.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I feel like Ru's makeup is off. Like, it's put together, but it doesn't feel right.

Also, I'm so over these illusion gloves with the nails. Glue some Lee Press On's and be done with it.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Everyone at the NYC finale just screamed when peppermint did her reveal, get 'em pep!

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Did I see a Babadook in the crowd earlier?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Bfhehsjdjdbdkvkebdjxbehxbdhhfhdjshsbshdjdj

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Trinity for All Stars 3, please.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

HOLY loving poo poo, SASHA!

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

holy loving poo poo, I half expected Sasha to rip off her dress and have rose pedals come out.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

HOLY loving poo poo, SASHA!

OMG :yeah:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Tacopocalypse posted:

Yes, I saw it too

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
Sad for Trinity, but Sasha killed it. What a weird and wonderful performance.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Yup, you're goddamn right that's who won this season.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
She earned it for sure.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I wanted Shea or Pep to win, but I'm perfectly happy with this.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Tacopocalypse posted:

It was probably YouTuber Miles Jai.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlng4SFT_aI&t=505s

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I was just listening to the original version of It's Not Right, But It's OK the other day and didn't even think about the iconic remix. Got my loving life for the rest of the year just now. Sasha earned that motherfucking crown. I can only imagine how crazy it was in the clubs tonight.

Also, Sasha is up there with Bianca as the only two queens who won and didn't have to lip sync all season. Props to that.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I was just listening to the original version of It's Not Right, But It's OK the other day and didn't even think about the iconic remix. Got my loving life for the rest of the year just now. Sasha earned that motherfucking crown. I can only imagine how crazy it was in the clubs tonight.

Also, Sasha is up there with Bianca as the only two queens who won and didn't have to lip sync all season. Props to that.

Also, Tyra

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Completely deserved. Werq, Sasha.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
As someone who was rooting for a Shea win "It's Not Right, but It's Okay" pretty much perfectly sums up my feelings on the result. That "So Emotional" lip sync was really good though.

Thunder Mug
Jul 11, 2008

They may kick our ass, but they will never kick Our Freedom!
Not sure it's shady or what, but Valentina co opting the Rose emote knowing Sasha was going pull out all those petals for the Lipsync... It's something.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

*phew* Thought I was seeing things. Now I'm only less concerned after reading this pop-up book I found.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

that was an amazing finale. Thank you to chaotic flame for humoring my and my friend's drunk behinds. he is chill.

if you are less than 5'3 then do not try to drink Shea Coulee's signature drink at Roscoe's. you will be too drunk. but if you are short, you can edge near the stage and no one will ever be the wiser.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Sasha's first performance as reigning queen was Home from The Wiz. Her lipsyncs are beautiful.

Trinity worked it out seriously. Definitely want to see her perform again.

Bianca and Bob also seriously read Valentina to filth up on the stage.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

A God drat Ghost posted:

Bianca and Bob also seriously read Valentina to filth up on the stage.

I hope someone recorded that and puts it up. I want to hear all of that.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Current mood: why can't I hold all these rose petals?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Here's a photo of Sasha's art up after her lipsync.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

I wasn't a fan of Sasha during the season but those rose petals have converted me.

Also am I missing something or was Katy Perry kind of random for a celebrity well wisher?

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
She just put out an album and is a little desperate for sales since it has been torn to shreds by critics. So... random, but also she probably paid money for the plug.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

I audibly gasped at Peppermint's reveal. That was possibly the most artful wig change I've ever seen.

And I LOVED Sasha's outfit for the second lip sync. I know it's a dorky way to phrase it, but it made me think of a white-mana-based Phyrexian. Something like this:

Very elegant, but with a touch of the weird.

Overall, I think it was such a close finish that I can't say if Peppermint or Sasha truly deserved it more, but I've been a fan of Sasha's throughout the season, so I'm happy with the results (and also because this means the Lip Sync Assassin will be able to drop more bodies in All-Stars).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'm glad Sasha never had to lip sync, because it made it even more amazing to see those performances without much prior exposure to her style.

TBH, Sasha was probably my least favorite of the top 4 throughout the season. But the past few weeks, since the ball that she should've won, she grew on me. I am completely on board with this crowning. People are gonna say she's less deserving because she only won two challenges, and jointly. But she was robbed for the ball win anyway, and this is Ru making amends for that. :colbert:

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

so happy for elesh norn winning, you go girl

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

I really didn't like the format of the finale. I feel that Shea or Trinity deserved the win, but they were eliminated right then and there. Of the two, Sasha was the better performer, but out of the top four I don't think she deserved it.
Her "I'm a weird kid!! I'm really brainy you guys. P.S. ~a~r~t~" shtick was wearing on me.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Ubiquitous_ posted:

She just put out an album and is a little desperate for sales since it has been torn to shreds by critics. So... random, but also she probably paid money for the plug.

Ah.
Oh yeah, she hired some drag race alumni to dance at one of her gigs as well now that I think about it. Props to Sasha for managing to look enthused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I'd have given it to Peppermint given that last lip sync but Lord knows I didn't see the entire thing so whatever. The rose reveal and wig reveal were both delightful. Hooray for drag.

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 24, 2017

• Locked thread