Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

put voltorb flip in pogo imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
AR Kit can't come soon enough. Need me some real-life Pokemon Amie/Snap for hilarious Instagrams and Snapchats until the novelty wears off...

...like all the other features of this game.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So if your mon is never kicked out, you get nothing, right?

If the daily max is 50 coins, and you have a mon in a gym for multiple days, do you get 50 for each day or do you lose out?

I read the in-game information, which as usual is laughably bad.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I got 50 coins for one 'mon staying in a gym for ~19 hours. Has anyone been in a situation yet where they should have gotten over 50 coins total for a day, but didn't? Can't tell based on what I'm reading if the 50 cap is per player or per mon.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

So if your mon is never kicked out, you get nothing, right?
I think if it never gets fed berries you could let it die out of the gym by fatigue maybe? Don't know, my first two gym takedowns were retaken within 5 minutes. I did put a 2nd mon in a gym that's held for a little over an hour now though so fingers crossed.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

No Safe Word posted:

I think if it never gets fed berries you could let it die out of the gym by fatigue maybe? Don't know, my first two gym takedowns were retaken within 5 minutes. I did put a 2nd mon in a gym that's held for a little over an hour now though so fingers crossed.

Even at 0 fatigue, it has to lose a fight to get kicked out. So eventually somebody has to battle it for it to come home and give you your coins.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

No Safe Word posted:

I don't think they get removed if they run out of motivation, someone still needs to defeat them in combat.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
basically you need two accounts to flip gyms back and forth

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So instead of blissey stacks in every other gym there's now a blissey in literally every gym. Blisseys that take several more attacks to evict and can be healed instantly. Great improvement.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ah, okay that's good I guess.

All in all, I like the changes in theory. If the battle system wasn't so wonky at the moment it'd be pretty good. The gym badges are a nice touch for sure. I'll definitely have to go check out some of the other gyms I used to play around in so I can earn some more badges. So, they've succeeded in getting me the heck out and playing I guess :shobon:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

basically you need two accounts to flip gyms back and forth

I don't think this is true at all. It's not possible to keep a gym at full motivation permanently because of the berry limit, so the only way a poke would end up never coming back is if there were literally no players from either of the other teams who could take down a gym full of 1 motivation pokes.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
Hey, maybe the upside of using 3000+ mons to defend is they actually die and give you coins. :v:

Cool little change, if you use the search feature for your pokemon and type in 'evolve' it will show you everything you have enough candy to evolve.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

NickBlasta posted:

Hey, maybe the upside of using 3000+ mons to defend is they actually die and give you coins. :v:

Cool little change, if you use the search feature for your pokemon and type in 'evolve' it will show you everything you have enough candy to evolve.

Also, if you type a + before a Pokémon, it'll show you everything in its evolutionary line (so, +pikachu would show Pichus, Pikachus, and Raichus). Handy when deciding what to evolve or dump when the line is split across generations.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

NickBlasta posted:

This is awesome. Just tested it with a pidgey and the filter doesn't reset after an evolution. Now Lucky Egg sessions will be way more efficient.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I racked up 86 hours of gym defending in the last 24h but I don't think I got 86 coins... I didn't keep track exactly but 50 could be about right. For the last 5-6 mons that came back I got nothing :(

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
50 coins is the max daily limit now, you could've gotten screwed over after the update

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

NickBlasta posted:

signal boost the gently caress outta this

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Had fun tonight. It was raining dogs and cats outside, so my sister and I drove around with some other Mystics for 3 hours just taking down the few Instincts that popped up, berried and reinforced the other gyms. Currently have pokémons in 9 out of the 11 gyms here. And halfway to silver on three gyms, so that's cool.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Ditch posted:

I got 50 coins for one 'mon staying in a gym for ~19 hours. Has anyone been in a situation yet where they should have gotten over 50 coins total for a day, but didn't? Can't tell based on what I'm reading if the 50 cap is per player or per mon.

Same exact situation for me.

I enjoy the new coin system but the gyms are waaaaaay worse off now. I live in a small town where it turns out everyone here picked Mystic, except me. So its always been all Mystic all the time but at least then I could beat a gym if I really wanted to. Now I'd have to spent like loving 3 hours standing on the sidewalk trying to beat 1 snorlax 10 times in a row to kick it out, then fight the other 5 guys??? Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that. Seems like gyms are finders keepers now. Lame as hell. If they just completely removed the motivation system entirely I'd be happy with this update

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

NickBlasta posted:

Okay this is super convenient, thanks!

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Got a Arcanine with Wild Charge (elec). Would that be useful for putting in a gym to throw off people who attack it with water types, or not really all that good even due to its weakness to water?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Night falls and immdiately all my defenders are knocked out by a blue team player called "CapraMulti" :rolleyes: . I guess that's the new routine, try to scrap by against others during the day and get knocked out by spoofers at night.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Snagged a raid pass today and also hit level 30. My tracker says there are no raids available at my level, but I just got an on-screen notification that there's a raid about to happen in my area.

Make up your mind, PoGo.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Geoff Zahn posted:

Got a Arcanine with Wild Charge (elec). Would that be useful for putting in a gym to throw off people who attack it with water types, or not really all that good even due to its weakness to water?

Yeah you'd think it'd work but the weakness really kills it off. I have Typhlosion with Solar Beam which is kinda useless because it just dies before it can get it charged.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Raids just went live here (Winnipeg)...and we don't have any sponsored gyms. Woo hoo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Space T Rex posted:

Now I'd have to spent like loving 3 hours standing on the sidewalk trying to beat 1 snorlax 10 times in a row to kick it out, then fight the other 5 guys???

that's not how gym combat works at all, maybe try it out first?

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap
I've had a dragonite in a gym for 22 and a half hours, hang in there little buddy. Thanks to whoever is dropping berries on it you mysterious trainer you.

e: it's also 3100cp dump them berries

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I'm lv 31, got a raid ticket today and there's a raid near my house in about an hour :coolfish:

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Considering we now get 1 coin per 10 minutes, with a daily limit of 50 coins, I'm now in a somewhat awkward position of having three pokemon in gyms for close to or longer than the 8h20m it would take to exceed the limit. It's like, on the one hand I want those coins, but on the other I only want one of my pokemon to be knocked out per day, and how do I balance this? Now I really, really wish I had a way to recall them myself.

Montegoraon fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 24, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

rivals posted:

I'm lv 31, got a raid ticket today and there's a raid near my house in about an hour :coolfish:

There are two raids near me. Anyone know how grouping up works? Is it just everyone there at the same time or do you have to do something to group or ???

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ok so for raid passes is it one per day or just one at a time? cause there's two raids happening within an hour of each other in the park near me and i wanna do both

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I think it's one at a time. I just used mine at a Starbucks inside a Fred Meyer -- hooray air conditioning!

If the raid is on, the Mon to fight is at the top of the gym. The one I fought was a Muk, which was great for my fighters. After dropping my raid pass, I had to wait 90 seconds for other folks to join in...which didn't happen, so I took on the Muk all by my lonesome. From there, it played out like a regular gym battle, and when I beat him, I got a bunch of special berries and a special candy, and a set of all white balls to try and catch the Muk with.

They show a breakdown of which team did the most damage in the end, and I think if your team owns the gym prior to the raid, you get extra bonuses. Then the gym is inaccessible until the raid times out.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Good news: a raid gym is down the street from me(Lacey, WA)

Bad news: I'm level 30.5, one short

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Looks like they are rolling out quicker than I thought. I'm only lvl 26 and before the raids were above my pay grade but now I have 3 spawning and looks like I can participate in either of the 3.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
None of the sponsored stops near me turned into gyms so I haven't tried a raid yet but some people in my city drove to a mall to join one and it ended up being a cp 1165 Magikarp which died in 10 seconds.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Nerds posted:

Good news: a raid gym is down the street from me(Lacey, WA)

Bad news: I'm level 30.5, one short

They're 25 and up now.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
My first was a ~11k Weezing that went down in about 20 seconds. Ended up with a worse one than I already had. :downs:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mine was a 77.8% IV Exeggutor :geno:

Did get some rare candies at least, now just need 10 more for Ampharos, the last Pokemon I need to evolve. Then I just need to catch an Unown...

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My raid boss was... A 12000 Magmar. A squad of cars drove up and annihilated him at the 90 second countdown.

I named mine Ragnaros. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I haven't seen any raids nearby yet. They sound fun though. Hopefully one pops soon. Do you get notified if one is coming up in the area?

• Locked thread