Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Cojawfee posted:

Usually there is some sort of money exploit that pops up. I spent a few hours one night in Forza 3 or 4 selling some camaro or something that netted me millions of credits so I could buy whatever I wanted. There was another exploit that popped up in Forza 6. I did that one too until people started posting that Turn 10 was retaliating against them, which is stupid. The money serves no purpose besides gating content in a racing game that has no story.

Would you like to purchase this car for 1,200,000 Credits or 1 Car Token?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The Forza 6 glitch was buying a car, dashboarding, and then you own that car without paying for it, and it was great. I bought the most expensive cars with it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

financially racist posted:

wtf i had so much money in forza 4 that i gave 20 million to a new player for kicks and still had 50 million left over

that was with a garage that was completely full including all the most expensive cars in the game

forza 3 it was tough to get the money for the pricier cars but forza 4 just handed you a loving bucketload at all times

I used to make a tonne of money just doing rivals poo poo, just getting into the top 100 on some things made pretty good money.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There were just the 20 million credit cars I never got in Forza 4 really. And some of the race cars. I am so glad you get the DLC cars for free now, that was horrible in Forza 3 and 4. Credits are so much easier to make now, I am sitting at over 50 million credits right now in Forza 6? With no cars that I feel like buying. Pretty close to owning everything in the game.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
there should be some sort of focus on personal collection, even pokemon tries to get you to favor 6 of the 600+. what happened in h3 was it caused some dumb trends on the global scoreboards because of price/rarity/youtubers but i think it'd be just as bad even if every car was free

if you want like some exotic that is a little bit redder than the other one then yeah that's cool that its $69 million i guess because the most interesting thing about ferraris are their price tag.

from my brief experiences outside Horizon 3, they seem to know which cars casual players that are enthusiasts actually want immediately and make them very obtainable, often even giving them right away

Thief fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 23, 2017

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cojawfee posted:

Usually there is some sort of money exploit that pops up. I spent a few hours one night in Forza 3 or 4 selling some camaro or something that netted me millions of credits so I could buy whatever I wanted. There was another exploit that popped up in Forza 6. I did that one too until people started posting that Turn 10 was retaliating against them, which is stupid. The money serves no purpose besides gating content in a racing game that has no story.

Even back to the original game, I remember building a lovely k'nex robot that automated the button presses of buying and selling that engine upgrade on the Jetta. Left it running overnight once and never had to think about money again.

In hindsight since my Xbox was modded I probably could have just tweaked the save file or used a trainer...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They also need to get rid of the dumb locking cars behind events or random giveaways. The unicorns thing was the dumbest idea ever. I had two RX-7 spirits and that was the one car my friend wanted in the whole game but I wasn't allowed to give it to him because it was uNiCoRn.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I actually really liked the unicorn cars in FM4. It was fun to do stuff in the game to win them.

I do agree it sucked that you couldn't do anything with them, I think they wanted to protect the economy or whatever. I think they could have fixed that by making them able to be gifted to other users, just not sold on the marketplace.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i like unicorns but they need to make them not such a hassle to get. forza 4 did it right, but 6 has been insane trying to get them. that fuckin aston especially.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The copy of Forza 3 I ordered for some drat reason arrived. Porsches out of the box!

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
I really hate the idea of the unicorns. If they're going to bring that back they should at least make it more like Horizon 3 where they're not too hard to obtain, and can be traded/sold freely. (The Forzathon exclusive cars are technically the unicorns of Horizon 3, right?)

Also congrats on your Forza Motorsport 3 purchase. Enjoy none of your stats updating on it in Forza HUB in the forseeable future.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I've been on Forza Hub since it started and have never once given a gently caress about it. I owned FM3 during its time as the current Forza, so I'm sure I have what I'd get.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Whereas I have the misfortune of being very heavily influenced by it and compelled to spend money on dead and dying games for score and weekly riches.

Literally bought $10 worth of FM5 tokens just for points a few days ago, I have an addiction. :shepspends:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

are they gonna let us make mad max characters for our drivatar barbies?

will we be able to put stickers on our windows?

will we ever be allowed to debadge cars or even put a scion badge on our toyotas?

these are my major concerns regarding the next game in the series

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The close-up cockpit view in Forza 7 might end up being my default view. It gives you a sense of each car's interior while greatly reducing how much your view is blocked by a traditional cockpit view, and it gives you a bottom-center gauge cluster. There's a bit of an FOV drop when going from the traditional cockpit view to that, but it doesn't look to me like a problem.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

The close-up cockpit view in Forza 7 might end up being my default view. It gives you a sense of each car's interior while greatly reducing how much your view is blocked by a traditional cockpit view, and it gives you a bottom-center gauge cluster. There's a bit of an FOV drop when going from the traditional cockpit view to that, but it doesn't look to me like a problem.

This is a great view that I might use in SP. But MP, I'll still use hood cam and get the mirror by default if that's still the case. But this looks feasible.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it is the only way one can truly experience the mythical "uncracked dash" in a 240sx

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Thief posted:

are they gonna let us make mad max characters for our drivatar barbies?

will we be able to put stickers on our windows?

will we ever be allowed to debadge cars or even put a scion badge on our toyotas?

these are my major concerns regarding the next game in the series

and

will Volkswagen return?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

A Handed Missus posted:

and

will Volkswagen return?

Is this actually in question? There were audis, lambos, and porsches in the official trailer and those are all Volkswagen subsidiaries.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

GutBomb posted:

Is this actually in question? There were audis, lambos, and porsches in the official trailer and those are all Volkswagen subsidiaries.

yeah but VW wasn't Horizon 3 so :shrug:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

A Handed Missus posted:

yeah but VW wasn't Horizon 3 so :shrug:

Oh I never noticed. That's lovely.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

A Handed Missus posted:

and

will Volkswagen return?

It should be returning

GutBomb posted:

Oh I never noticed. That's lovely.

I think it was because of Dieselgate stuff that caused the removal, either from VW or Microsoft's end.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

A Handed Missus posted:

and

will Volkswagen return?

Dan confirmed on Hooniverse that VW is back.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

cant wait to see what people do with big engine swaps on those RR hippie vans

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Thief posted:

cant wait to see what people do with big engine swaps on those RR hippie vans

They're usually barrel rolling by turn 1.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's not Forza unless one of your friends takes some douchey bullshitmobile technically fits what you're racing but is really annoying.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

It's not Forza Goon Group Racing unless one of your "friends" takes some douchey bullshitmobile technically fits what you're racing but is really annoying.
...or misreads the spec and gets to just drive whatever.

I do miss it. The way things are going at my job, I'm never going to be able to attend anything. :(

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cojawfee posted:

It's not Forza unless one of your friends takes some douchey bullshitmobile technically fits what you're racing but is really annoying.

I only did a few weeks of goon racing for Forza 6, but doing the limos on rio short was the right amount of wtf.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I only did a few weeks of goon racing for Forza 6, but doing the limos on rio short was the right amount of wtf.

Limo racing today at 1:00 PM on rio short. Unlimited upgrades

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

GutBomb posted:

Limo racing today at 1:00 PM on rio short. Unlimited upgrades

That is trucks-at-Daytona-Night levels of bad

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

Truth. I tell my rear end in a top hat friends to build a C class classic racing car, 2 people build awesome Miatas or Alfas or Lotuses and the other 2/3rds of them show up in a 1 year old hot hatch from Ford or Renault.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

off topic but I just picked up Redout on steam summer sale and its amazing. Is there a thread for Redout/Wipeout/other anti-grav racing games?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ugghhh, gently caress this Ebisu Style challenge.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Man, the Porsche DLC really takes a turn for the holy poo poo when they drop you in a race car at NightSebring. You're like 18 races deep doing just a mix of fast and fast-ish cars that come from a dealership, and then it's HERE'S A SPACESHIP

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Should I try to post about Forza related items on sale in the store each week if there are any?

For the week of June 27th to July 3rd:
    Forza Horizon 3 VIP - 75% off
    Forza Motorsport 5 VIP - 85% off

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 28, 2017

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cycled Production is a good race lobby. Nothing like Veyrons on Brand's Hatch Indy.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

Ugghhh, gently caress this Ebisu Style challenge.

What's this?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

An extremely finicky forzathon challenge from the other day involving landing three "ebisu style"s, which are a great or higher air into a great or higher drift, with nothing in between or immediately after. Getting a wreckage, 180, kangaroo or anything else at the same time means no ebisu style, so I never did win that Porsche Cayenne turbo.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDuDtEp0RSY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm the awful driver who sideslams the lead car and ruins the little kids track day

That was some fun poo poo though, that one corner where the outside edge is a short incline looks hairy as balls

• Locked thread