Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
loving awj must give the best blow jobs... itoje is the standout in that position hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
So the Lions captain is fully fit, but on the bench. Maybe Gatland should have picked a captain who was actually the best in their position?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
I'm not surprised that Itoje is on the bench to be honest. He's excellent and has been great all tour but I thought Gatland would use him as a serious impact sub at the 50/60 minute mark. He's the kind of player that can lift really lift a team when he comes on and might just swing things if it's close, more than any other player on tour at the moment.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Plucky Brit posted:

So the Lions captain is fully fit, but on the bench. Maybe Gatland should have picked a captain who was actually the best in their position?

There is not a single player this time who was both a dead cert starter and had captaincy experience. I'd much rather they pick the team on form, who gives a gently caress if the tour captain doesn't start

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think these players are smart enough to play tricksy games with the refereeing. There's too many of the same players who were unable to comprehend Italy's stupid ruck-dodging clown parade, they're just not that savvy about the laws.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns

bigfoot again posted:

There is not a single player this time who was both a dead cert starter and had captaincy experience. I'd much rather they pick the team on form, who gives a gently caress if the tour captain doesn't start

What was ever going to possibly stop Owen Farrell from starting the tests? :psyduck:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Tyma posted:

What was ever going to possibly stop Owen Farrell from starting the tests? :psyduck:

Between the 10s initially picked, Farrell is by some distance the best.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Tyma posted:

Yeah maybe Farrell. Personally I don't like my goalkicker and playmaker to have to think about captaincy as well. I feel like most really successful teams have a forward as captain. They're just much more in the mix of things.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
I think the lions team actually looks pretty ok but I can't see them actually doing much

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
gently caress the teams, here's what everyone was really looking forward to

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jesus this Samoa v Wales game is hard to watch and I don't mean the quality of the feed from Samoa.

Edit: 10-9 Samoa at the half. Wales have been pretty terrible and Samoa don't seem to have the players to take advantage.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 23, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

TRISHY posted:

I'm going to be really embarrassed if we lose to Italy.
(I'm loving Stephen Moore not being captain)

You had to loving say it didn't you.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

I actually hope we lose to Italy. ARU and the rest of the stakeholders need to realise that the house is on fire as they play their parlour games.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

And Wales beat Samoa 19-17 despite playing some really lovely rugby.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

hooman posted:

You had to loving say it didn't you.

I know.
I knnnoooowwwww.

Whyyyy Stephen Moore is captain, I'll never know.
loving Cheika.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So who else is there?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Maybe Adam Coleman (though it would be good if he stopped injecting himself into every single on field scuffle)? Basically he and Hooper are the only forwards who own their spot and Hooper is poo poo at being captain and I'm losing optimism he might grow into the role. Great player, but leading others is more than setting a great example.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
This ref in the Fiji v Scotland game is calling some utter bullshit foul play calls against Fiji. Apparently if a guy jumps to take a pass you're not allowed to tackle him until he lands :confused:

edit: now a Scottish guy in the bin for nothing, this ref is hosed in the head

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 24, 2017

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

This ref in the Fiji v Scotland game is calling some utter bullshit foul play calls against Fiji. Apparently if a guy jumps to take a pass you're not allowed to tackle him until he lands :confused:

edit: now a Scottish guy in the bin for nothing, this ref is hosed in the head

If a player is in the air, you need to wait until they land.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Vagabundo posted:

If a player is in the air, you need to wait until they land.

From a kick, sure.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Unimpressed posted:

Maybe Adam Coleman (though it would be good if he stopped injecting himself into every single on field scuffle)? Basically he and Hooper are the only forwards who own their spot and Hooper is poo poo at being captain and I'm losing optimism he might grow into the role. Great player, but leading others is more than setting a great example.

You don't want your captain to run the risk of getting whistled out of the game because they're an indisciplined dildo. Coleman shouldn't even be suggested as a potential captain, even as a joke.

Smorgasbord posted:

From a kick, sure.

No. It's covered by World Rugby in two separate areas of Law 10.4.

http://playerwelfare.worldrugby.org/?documentid=63

Law 10.4

(e) Dangerous tackling.

A player must not tackle an opponent whose feet are off the ground.
Sanction: Penalty kick

(i) Tackling the jumper in the air.

A player must not tackle nor tap, push or pull the foot or feet of an opponent jumping for the ball in a lineout or in open play.
Sanction: Penalty kick

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 24, 2017

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

OK, that's a bullshit rule but a rule all the same. The ref has still been terrible.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

You don't want your captain to run the risk of getting whistled out of the game because they're an indisciplined dildo. Coleman shouldn't even be suggested as a potential captain, even as a joke.

Of course not, but he can learn. S Moore constantly gets on the wrong side of the refs anyway and Hooper has had a chance to learn but hasn't. So next lovely option in the queue of poo poo is Coleman, or at least I can't think of any other forward. I guess maybe Sio, but he's in and out too.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Fiji are a cool and fun team to watch

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Fiji up by 10 with 10 to go!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is beating the Wallabies at home, and then losing the Fiji the next week the most Scotland thing that Scotland can do?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This is loving nuts

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

So Fiji beat Italy and Scotland in consecutive weeks :toot:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Oh the wallabies...

Edit: feel like italy got hard done by on that try

sleep with the vicious fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 24, 2017

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

So what's to stop the ball carrier jumping immediately before the defensive line?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

So what's to stop the ball carrier jumping immediately before the defensive line?

Such a shame that rugby has now been plagued by people jumping around like a bunch of rabbits all the time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hey guys, the Wallabies are a bit poo poo.

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
Go Italy!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
lol go Italy

reac
Jul 15, 2000

nada corre como un zorro
And you can count on Quade...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Didn't Italy lose to Fiji and Scotland before this? loving hell, Wallabies.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Joke's on you kiwis, get ready for a century of actually competitive rugby only on your end of season tour of England and Ireland.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jesus gently caress, where do you even start when it comes to fixing this Wallabies team. That scoreline massively flatters them, and there's no loving way they were 13 points better than the opposition.

They've got just under 8 weeks to improve, or they're going to have a long, long Rugby Championships, where they're going to get hosed by the All Blacks and what looks like a potentially resurgent Springboks team.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 24, 2017

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Nah, it's going to be short. Bledisloe will be over after 15 minutes in the first two games. Unless something seismic happens, we're going to slowly slide down firmly into the second tier eventually relying more and more on overseas players who didn't even learn their rugby here. And that's assuming it's not too late already.
In the Australian sporting market, we'd need the best management in the world just to stay up there. Instead we have the worst.
We'll always have Shute shield though. Go woodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
Watching it in Liam Williams home clubhouse. Hilarity should ensue.