Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The Celtics big free agency signing will be...

Roy Hibbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Lol thanks for Bell, bulls

https://twitter.com/NBCSWarriors/status/878414905308717056

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Bashez posted:

Derrick Rose made actual real concrete improvement in his play at the end of last season.

He could be useful if that's real. I have my doubts though.

Kinda true, he's real good at getting into the paint and doing this kinda pop-up one handed push shot, he finds a remarkable amount of space. He's still much better when he's got a clever big (like Noah used to be) to follow his unsuccessful diving layups.

and he's got a degenerative brain disease where he cannot pass the ball without jumping, it's super telegraphed and I think Pop might bite his throat out, call him the Crimson Beard

I don't want to get stuck with Spurs roleplayers outside of the Spurs system eek

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bashez posted:

Derrick Rose made actual real concrete improvement in his play at the end of last season.

He could be useful if that's real. I have my doubts though.

That's been my point since like March. If he plays like that, and accepts less minutes, he could help a good team.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Roy Hibbert

I thought he was going to Utah

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
told yall

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Dewayne Dedmon
:downs:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/cxcope/status/877996047246569472

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Speaking of alleged non-rapers, did the Knicks get a super sweet deal on Dotson because nobody else was willing to touch that kinda media heat?

That kid can really really shoot

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Better than his foul shots

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Same

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Holy gently caress.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone on reddit described him as a love-child between Andre the Giant and Drake and that's what I see

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone on reddit described him as a love-child between Andre the Giant and Drake and that's what I see

This is spot-on.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chunkles posted:

athletes doing twitter stuff like that is perplexing to me because one of my first expenditures after getting a contract would be paying some nerd $500/month to retweet inspirational crap and put the whole drat thing on autopilot. what's the point of being rich if you still have to use social media with the serfs

Shear Modulus posted:

what if you were president of the united states

This blows my mind because I've been paid by a politician (for the side that supports fair wages) in a major city/county in Texas to run their social media. For how cheap you can get people to do this, all celebrities and politicians should have it done.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 24, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
What.

If I were rich as gently caress I would do nothing but poo poo talk on Twitter.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/dbacks/status/878434263502274560

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

That might be worse than 50cent's throw

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Ah, poo poo. There it is. Like the Fed Ex arrow.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Jack's Flow posted:

Ah, poo poo. There it is. Like the Fed Ex arrow.

It's burned in my brain. Even though I KNOW the drake/andre the giant reference is perfect, I can't un-see a 6th grade drake long enough to see the other one.

Like when you're trying to think of lyrics to a song while listening to a different one :(

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Mr. Mambold posted:

How's that going to work exactly?

Most of the Thunder's FA plans hinge on the NBA granting them cap relief if Kanter gets extradited to Turkey.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

One week to free agency

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

euphronius posted:

One week to free agency

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824239

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Holy poo poo Phil

http://nypost.com/2017/06/24/kristaps-porzingis-still-a-knick-but-no-one-knows-for-how-long/

quote:

According to an NBA source, Jackson is concerned about Porzingis’ long-term viability with the organization after blowing off the exit meeting without notification. He regarded it as an act of insubordination.

Jackson and Porzingis will both be free agents in the summer of 2019. Porzingis is a restricted free agent and the Knicks can match any offer. Jackson, or his potential successor, current general manager Steve Mills, would be reluctant to bring Porzingis back if he’s an unhappy Knick.

The worry is this: Porzingis blowing off his exit meeting, then publicizing it to the media 2 ˝ months before free agency as a protest to the Knicks’ chaos, could lead to future acts of rebellion that would hurt the franchise’s image to other players.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah. Would hate to tarnish the impeccable reputation the Knicks have going for them right now.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Phil Jackson rn

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wonder if King Zing did other disgruntled stuff that wasn't reported. I still can't believe how much the Knicks are messing up this situation.

Edit:
If DRose lands on the Spurs for multiple years, Pop will ensure he gets to the hall of fame.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 24, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/tmoore76ers/status/878602919980879872

Looks like the Sixers are going to let Henderson go.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What would a Knicks exit interview even look like?

EvanTH posted:

Bury LeBron like a Pharaoh--along with his essential roleplayers, regardless of whether or not they still live

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

NickRoweFillea posted:

The triangle can't fail you, so explain how you failed the triangle.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

NickRoweFillea posted:

It involves MSG security and 59th street police

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spacebump posted:

I wonder if King Zing did other disgruntled stuff that wasn't reported. I still can't believe how much the Knicks are messing up this situation.

Edit:
If DRose lands on the Spurs for multiple years, Pop will ensure he gets to the hall of fame.

there was disgruntled stuff reported earlier in the year. Porzingis likes Melo (despite Melo making GBS threads on him after the draft) and didn't take kindly to Phil correctly pointing out Melo Sucks during the season

skipping the exit interview didn't come out of nowheres

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Edit:

i don't understand all the rumors with guards and the spurs

the spurs need bigs. their front court is abysmal right now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

derrick rose is the least spursy guy to ever spurs

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

EvanTH posted:

there was disgruntled stuff reported earlier in the year. Porzingis likes Melo (despite Melo making GBS threads on him after the draft) and didn't take kindly to Phil correctly pointing out Melo Sucks during the season

skipping the exit interview didn't come out of nowheres

I know the disgruntled stuff was reported/has been going on for a while. I've mentioned it before (People here might not believe me) but the last night of all star weekend after the game someone very close (I won't say what they do because I don't want someone to lose a job because e-detectives) to Porzingis only had bad words about the franchise. Of course Kibner was driving back home when this occurred but it really did happen.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 24, 2017

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't understand all the rumors with guards and the spurs

the spurs need bigs. their front court is abysmal right now

dejounte murray is raw as f but promising
parker has lost like 2 steps AND just had a really bad quad injury
patty mills??
ginobili is a mid-level bench player and might retire
danny green can't hit a shot
simmons is leaving, someone will pay him more than 1.5 million
LMA is a bitch, maybe gone
david lee is probably gone, someone gonna pay him
pau will resign but is half-cooked
dedmon might leave for a decent payday

maybe they'lll sign cp3, which will be great until he's injured

holy gently caress whats going on with the spurs lmao

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If the Spurs get CP3 will he continue the tradition of big Spurs free agent signings underwhelming once they get there? It seems like LMA is getting almost Richard Jefferson levels of hate from Spurs fans.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Spacebump posted:

If the Spurs get CP3 will he continue the tradition of big Spurs free agent signings underwhelming once they get there? It seems like LMA is getting almost Richard Jefferson levels of hate from Spurs fans.

The LMA hate is fair because he was about as effective as 2017 Richard Jefferson in the playoffs.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That's a little alarmist, especially with DG, but the rest IS pretty much true yeah
I'm not too worried though, I'm kinda excited to watch the young players grow and watch what the org throws around Kawhi. Every year is the one everyone thinks we'll finally drop out and we still usually end up contenders and/or in 2nd somehow
It's true though, we dont just need bigs we kind of need everything. When it comes to all the Spurs roleplayers you're talking about leaving I am pretty confident about replacing their production with other randoms and incoming young/foreign people. That's kind of what happens every year with the Spurs. Then in a couple years THEY can get headhunted & overpaid :)
Feeling cautiously optimistic about Adam Hanga for example, second year Murray/Bertans, and we'll whip up some more random roleplayers too I'm sure

Spacebump posted:

Now that's hyperbole, I'd never hate LMA as much as Rich Jeff. He may be bitchmade but we should've expected that from a Portland import and unlike Rich Jeff the man did actually produce and play well...at least before the cowards killed Kawhi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

imo LMA is a good value for his contract and the Spurs should keep him. Unless he totally wants to leave, but I'm not sure what they could get for him. If the market supposedly didn't exist for Kevin Love, who would prefer LMA?

• Locked thread