Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
ok now who else are the rangers going to trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://twitter.com/_morganfrost_10/status/396453779609894912

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

He wasn't wrong.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Bad trade for pens but cups make me not give a loving poo poo

Its a nice feeling, isnt it. :unsmith:

Still not thrilled with losing Toftbo though. :smith:

Also I was at work but my dad said Buttman got a really entertaining reaction from the crowd when he came out to talk. Please tell me it was the loudest booing ever.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

kid's gonna be a star.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

corn on the cop posted:

kid's gonna be a star.

For reference, this was tweeted during the 7-0 shitfest against the Caps where Emery tried to murder Holtby.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

After what happened Thursday and earlier today, the Oilers really needed to avoid loving up their pick and thankfully they didn't. I am excited by the pick of Midget Man Kailer Yamamoto and I hope he and McDavid light up the league in a couple of years.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think Vegas did really well in the draft tonight

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Rick Tocchet is happy with the Reaves trade, it is worse than I thought.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/ReidWilkins/status/878440856541442048

Yamamoto owns.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Sullivan is either going to squeeze more value out of Reaves than anyone else ever has or scratch him so much he gets traded.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Seems pretty obvious the rationale behind Oshie's contract is "by the time it becomes a bad contract Ovechkin will be done and we'll have to blow it up and start over anyway who who gives a poo poo how long we have to carry a 5.75M cap hit"

Yeah, I thought it was way too long of a deal, but realistically 8 years from now the Caps are going to be in rebuild mode, so who loving cares about one bad contract? That said, I think their Ovi window is really starting to close. I don't know what they're missing, but they seem incapable of playing in the post season no matter what they do.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Matthews would win the Calder after scoring 40 goals and leading the Leafs to the playoffs and that the Leafs would be able to draft Liljegren with their own first rounder, I might have poo poo my pants.

Seriously, this year has been so amazing for the Leafs it's hard to even wrap my head around it

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
I'm just glad Jim Benning hasn't done anything horrendously stupid for a while.

I'm also worried that he's saving it all up for something really, really bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Today 5 or 6 GMs were dumber than Don Sweeney.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I have figured out the perfect internal move that would send the Red Wings back to the playoffs

firing Ken Holland

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
oh, man. Timothy Liligren was available and they didn't take him. God drat this stupid team.

We could have Chychrun and Liligren in our prospect pool right now. God. Jesus goddamn christ.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VJeff posted:

oh, man. Timothy Liligren was available and they didn't take him. God drat this stupid team.

Yes

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VJeff posted:

We could have Chychrun and Liligren in our prospect pool right now.

On the team.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iyer_prashanth/status/878424527679737857

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
https://twitter.com/alex_prewitt/status/878463881689092097

Why not?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/RetepAdam/status/878423107467399168

rear end in a top hat you were 16 when he became an NHL regular you're not allowed to make me feel bad about my age

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

PK, wtf man.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

PK, you don't have to be nice to everyone, ya know?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

biznasty doing radio for the yotes this year

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Wait, I'm not up on my Canadian politics but ain't the current PM a gigantic upgrade from poor stomping, conservative idiot that was in there before or do all Canadians hate all politicians?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

what the gently caress is with this list https://www.thescore.com/news/1323358

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Captain Internet posted:

Wait, I'm not up on my Canadian politics but ain't the current PM a gigantic upgrade from poor stomping, conservative idiot that was in there before or do all Canadians hate all politicians?

It's less about Trudeau, as the leader of the party is - while obviously the face of the party - not the whole of it. I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at this: the Liberal Party of Canada has broken (or failed to address) a lot of promises they made during election time. Let's leave it there - if you actually want to know more head over to CanPol and ask.

Hockey:

With the Canucks picking 33rd, I'm hoping they grab Jaret Anderson-Dolan if he's still available past the Avs

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Just cause trump lost doesn't mean we have to overlook Hilary's flaws.

Oh, right, darkest timeline.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Captain Internet posted:

Not really. Turns out his policies are just as bad.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Captain Internet posted:

He's garbage OP. People just like him because he's handsome.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Levitate posted:

ok now who else are the rangers going to trade

Rick Nash at 50% retained, come on down!!!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

JawKnee posted:

if you actually want to know more head over to CanPol and ask.

dont do it

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
I don't think I've ever seen a GM fall from grace more than Ken Holland has in the past 10 years. After the '08 cup he was getting praised incessantly for navigating around the cap, etc etc. He even had a hockey news article he wrote called "How we did it" but may as well have been "how I did it".
And now he is basically the joke of the league, except in the Detroit sports media which is incapable of objectively covering this team.
I'm happy I got to see 4 cups while I was alive because I doubt this team does anything for the next decade or so.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Just pick a new team. It's alright and fun.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Haha do not read the CanPol thread, why would anyone do that to themselves?

Anyway who's this guy the habs drafted? I assume he's awful?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

JawKnee posted:

It's less about Trudeau, as the leader of the party is - while obviously the face of the party - not the whole of it. I don't want to derail the thread so I'll leave it at this: the Liberal Party of Canada has broken (or failed to address) a lot of promises they made during election time. Let's leave it there - if you actually want to know more head over to CanPol and ask.

Hockey:

With the Canucks picking 33rd, I'm hoping they grab Jaret Anderson-Dolan if he's still available past the Avs

JAD or boqvist would be awesome. robertson would be cool too. i hope heponiemi is around at 55

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

clean ayers act posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a GM fall from grace more than Ken Holland has in the past 10 years. After the '08 cup he was getting praised incessantly for navigating around the cap, etc etc. He even had a hockey news article he wrote called "How we did it" but may as well have been "how I did it".
And now he is basically the joke of the league, except in the Detroit sports media which is incapable of objectively covering this team.
I'm happy I got to see 4 cups while I was alive because I doubt this team does anything for the next decade or so.
depends on which media. the other day on valenti they asked who was the worse GM--stan van, avilla, or holland. if it's the legacy media, not really. lotta fluff pieces.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit's management is incestuous and they all still believe in the mystique of Detroit -- that every FA wants to be here, that every player who puts on the sweater will play better than they would elsewhere, that the team is always one or two pieces away from being competitive, that they will continue to get lucky drafting superstars several rounds deep, that every reclamation project will work, etc.

Detroit needs a Toronto style purge but it ain't happening anytime soon.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Mage_Boy posted:

What does this mean? It's notice Reaves is going to play on Crosby's wing. gently caress, Botterill probably was the brains behind all the trades.

I am afraid that this is in fact the case

What centers are free agents? I assume the Penguins are planning to sign one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Karnegal posted:

Yeah, I thought it was way too long of a deal, but realistically 8 years from now the Caps are going to be in rebuild mode, so who loving cares about one bad contract? That said, I think their Ovi window is really starting to close. I don't know what they're missing, but they seem incapable of playing in the post season no matter what they do.

Honestly, for the last 2-3 years, I thought they had an excellent team and just had some bad luck. I don't think there's anything wrong with the core players.

• Locked thread