Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

exploded mummy posted:

There's this team called reDragon

Isn't Kyle still in non-compete purgatory since ROH called WWE's bluff on contract tampering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

Isn't Kyle still in non-compete purgatory since ROH called WWE's bluff on contract tampering?

I don't know lets ask Roque

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bobby Fish is here!!!!

To lose!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Jerusalem, it is clear now that ROHque has lost the feud. Please edit the ROH thread title and cease the unnecessary slander of friend and champion Rov

roque won, literally one guy is in nxt like 4 months later and he;s 80 years old

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, y'know, if this is the blow-off to Asuka's feud with Nikki...it seems like a real missed opportunity that those two never got a singles match on a Takeover, doesn't it?

In retrospect, one of those two multi-person matches really should've just been Asuka vs. Nikki.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

Boy, y'know, if this is the blow-off to Asuka's feud with Nikki...it seems like a real missed opportunity that those two never got a singles match on a Takeover, doesn't it?

In retrospect, one of those two multi-person matches really should've just been Asuka vs. Nikki.

It really feels like they earmarked Ember to beat Asuka at Brooklyn months ago, but Nikki accidentally got over and people actually bought her as a credible threat to beat Asuka, while Ember didn't do anything of note.

So they're trying a half-measure where Nikki gets her title shots and wild crowd-pleasing brawls, while still putting over Asuka and protecting the planned Brooklyn match. I'm still cold on Ember's character, but I can see their thought process here.

If the match is great Ember will get a huge pop for winning and nobody will remember the past few months, so :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, I can respect having a long term booking plan and sticking to it, but if Ember doesn't bring the goods in Brooklyn (no reason to think she won't, their first match was very good), I think you'll see a lot of "should've been Nikki" sentiment. Having said that, they've built it up so well that I don't see how Asuka eating the Eclipse won't get a gigantic pop.

In retrospect though, I think having Ember skip a Takeover to do the injury angle may have been a misstep.

But they have enough time to do an Ember/Nikki singles match and that'll probably do a lot of good, actually.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

roque won, literally one guy is in nxt like 4 months later and he;s 80 years old

He was literally denying Fish would show up so wrong

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

quote:

Jeet Rama over Jonny Vandal.

Jeet owns

Has mr. Jacob cohen ever gotten to scoop 69 so i can reply nice?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

He's in the WWE signing process. That's all I know.

I'd anticipate Kyle's road to passing the medical would be a tad longer. He has type one diabetes and other stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hideo's nose (:nws: if you don't want to see a clearly broken nose, but there's no blood)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So is Black anywhere near a title shot at this point or is he just going to keep beating all the top guys until a main roster call up happens?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
ROH TV tapings are starting

Tim Hughes and Brutal Bob beat 2 future Superstars Briggs and some other dude in a dark match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgF8PJJiqEk https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/878712411422904320 https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/878711671438659584

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The Addiction just turned back heel and threatened to go to NXT

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Can't wait to hear Michael Cole call 50 year old Chris Daniels a 'rookie' on Raw.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
There's been 2 matches and 1 promo since the taping started and then they went to intermission

I'm getting the feeling that there a ton of clip packages for the broadcast TV

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Silas Youn can not tell time

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
highlights that will be coming up:

The Addiction are heels again.

Cody Rhodes is a mega babyface in a heel stable

Cody Rhodes pinning the name "Boo Boo Face" to Christopher Daniels

Bullet Club beat Bully Ray & The Bricoes, and will be getting a 6 man title shot sometime soon against Dalton and the Boys

Marty won a 6 man mayhem match in which he spent 95% of the match dancing around ringside and occasionally running into he ring to break up a pinfall. He eventually stole a pin from Kaz.

KUSHIDA defends the TV title against Jay White

Lethal is going to be off TV for the next 7ish weeks until he comes back and beats up Silas and Bruiser

Cody defends his title against Boo Boo Daniels in a rematch. It was best 2 of 3 falls match, and Cody swept the first 2 falls. He did literally nothing heelish, short of a low blow, but that was after one by Boo Boo. Boo Boo got relentlessly heckled by a kid and he argued with him a bunch of times.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

rip ROH

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It's 2017 and TNA is booked less listlessly than ROH

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Boo boo face

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
More like Boo Boo Heel

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

WWE is bringing the Punjabi Prison back, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

The plan is for WWE champion Jinder Mahal to defend the championship against Randy Orton inside the Punjabi Prison at the 7/23 Battleground PPV in Philadelphia, PA.

The Punjabi Prison, which has only been used twice before by WWE, features two cages made of Bamboo. The inner cage has a door on each side that can only be opened by a referee at the request of one of the combatants and can only remain open for "60 seconds" (allowed for the other combatant to try and prevent the escape). If all four doors are requested but are not utilized when they are open, the combatants must then climb out of the inner cage to the outside. Once combatants are within the realm of the outer cage, the only way to win is climb over and escape.

As PWInsider.com reported several weeks ago in the Elite section, WWE staff had taken the Prison from the company's warehouse to clean and repair the cage for future use. There have been plans to use the Prison structure discussed on and off over the last month.

YAY

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Who designed that crap, NASCAR?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

Who designed that crap, NASCAR?

BAH GAWD THAT'S DALE EARNHARDT JR'S MUSIC!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jesus Christ this really is like 2004 to 2007 wwe.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Holy christ I thought it was just like a hell in a cell match but the cell is made of bamboo, that sounds so stupid.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my god

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Can't wait for Jinder Mahal to be victorious in the Punjabi Prison after Randy Orton gets distracted beating up the Singh brothers and then gets caught from behind with a Cobra Clutch Slam

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Literally just bought tickets

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Punjabi prison matches draw brother

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I hope one or both of them get wellnessed right before the match. Gotta keep the tradition alive.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

I hope one or both of them get wellnessed right before the match. Gotta keep the tradition alive.

"This Punjabi Prison has become the Artist's Osaka Outhouse, hasn't it, John?"

"Ha-ha-ha, ah love it, Tom!"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This is Batista's 10-year revenge plan on us for booing him.

If it weren't for The Jump, there would never be another Punjabi Prison match, but here we are.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

A Punjabi prison match in Philadelphia. What could go wrong?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
gently caress it, if Randy gets Welnessed, throw Mustafa Ali in there and let him do flips off the cage. India vs Pakistan, it books itself.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Gaz-L posted:

gently caress it, if Randy gets Welnessed, throw Mustafa Ali in there and let him do flips off the cage. India vs Pakistan, it books itself.

What is Gulak's position on the Punjabi Prison?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
So according to the meltz the SS main event is Roman/Lesnar with the WM main event probably being Roman/Cena most likely

Braun :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So according to the meltz the SS main event is Roman/Lesnar with the WM main event probably being Roman/Cena most likely

Braun :(

This potentially improves Braun's career. Braun wasn't ever going to beat Brock for the belt at Summerslam. Now, Braun can beat Brock later. :)