Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Please wait on Semiramis until I have a mountain of draws ready!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

The only servants from Apocrypha that aren't in game are Chiron, Achilles, and Semiramis so it will probably be them. Solomon isn't either but I don't see him coming in for the event.

They announced Avicebron?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

MonsieurChoc posted:

They announced Avicebron?

No.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Well he's another one missing from Apocrypha.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

That remind me, Apocrypha anime premiere on july 2.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nyaa posted:

That remind me, Apocrypha anime premiere on july 2.

get ready to watch all these cool servants get shoved to the side to make way for sieg

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

At least we get Kairi and Mordred.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Do you get a noticeable leg up if you reroll for a second 4* in the tutorial roll?

the biggest leg up is getting waver/herc in the first rolls and picking deon with your first roll. You will crush the first year of playing and all events, hell it can even clear most current content.

The absolute best Craft essence to get is kalidiscope it adds 80% to your starting np gauge and is critcal for speed farming exp.

Inverse fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 24, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
That would be the dream

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There is top tier, and then there's overworked tier for waver.

Zhunge Liang totally sees this coming lol

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
I'm glad everyone else will be rerolling for him so I can use them all as supports.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Seriously considering rerolling for Zhuge Liang/Waver. Between him and Heracles I'd easily be able to run roughshod over the game up to Camelot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't know anything about Fate. Like the only thing I played was a little bit of Fate Extra. How accessible is it?

Is the english version even out yet?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/comic_page.php?chapter=00#nav

Comes out tomorrow.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh, it's 25th for me now so it's quite confusing. Thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know anything about Fate. Like the only thing I played was a little bit of Fate Extra. How accessible is it?

Is the english version even out yet?
Fairly accessible. Most of the characters the other parts of the franchise don't get much focus in the story because they've already had stories told about them, but since the game's based on historical/mythological figures you don't need to know the broad details of Kojirou's role in Fate/Stay Night to get that he was the guy that got owned by Miyamoto Musashi with a boat oar. And the story isn't really connected to the other Fate stuff. If you can remember the basic premise of Fate/Extra (wizards summon historical/mythological figures to fight over the holy grail) and take out all the computer stuff, you've got it. The characters who are wholly original to the Fate series won't make much sense (The Emiyas, Illyasviel, The cast of the CCC event) but there's like 10 of those total and half of them won't get added for two years, and characters like that only ever get focus in events, not in the main story.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I only know of Fate through the couple of anime that are on Netflix but I like those okay enough to check this out. Can I easily play the same account across multiple devices or should I plan to commit to one?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

J-Spot posted:

I only know of Fate through the couple of anime that are on Netflix but I like those okay enough to check this out. Can I easily play the same account across multiple devices or should I plan to commit to one?

The JPN version generates one-time use bind codes for account transferral across devices, so playing across multiple on a regular basis would be a hassle. Dunno about the US version but I don't think it'll be that different.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Endorph posted:

It is actually interesting to note how almost all of the best support servants in the game are guys. Hans, Zhuge, Merlin...

It's kinda reflective of the VNs in a way, too; Nasu mentioned in an interview once that he often ends up writing relationship dynamics involving a more physically powerful female character being supported by a more emotionally resilient male character, although it's something he's tried to vary a bit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Skimming through the thread, I assume we get

1) 1 ten roll with a guarantee *4 star selected from 10 characters
2) another 4* star from the same 10 characters
3) free waifu
4) gacha currency and other bonus stuff?

And if you get a roll that you don't want, you can give a code that allows someone else to play with it? Interesting.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Thuryl posted:

It's kinda reflective of the VNs in a way, too; Nasu mentioned in an interview once that he often ends up writing relationship dynamics involving a more physically powerful female character being supported by a more emotionally resilient male character, although it's something he's tried to vary a bit.

It's spawned a bunch of inferior copycats but it's a dynamic that feels uniquely Nasu's style and I like it a lot. :)

Related, one thing I also felt was very "Type-Moon" in terms of art style is "Casually conservatively dressed heroines": Shiki, Saber, Arcuid, kinda sooorta Tohsoka, her red shirt covers a decent amount compared to a lot of anime today. It's something I *like* and find refreshing from TM and why some of the FGO Servant designs are just blergh and are disappointing, they abandon what I considered to be TM's signature 'style'.

e: One thing I look forward to with NA FGO is that because I can finally fully read and understand the game, plus my existing experiences, I should be able to be waaaay more effective even with 3*'s+Welfare 4*'s then I ever could with JP FGO.

e2: Do we have a steamgroup? Do we want one? Would we just join whichever one Reddit comes up with or are they sufficiently cancer that we don't want to do that?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 24, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Raenir Salazar posted:

It's spawned a bunch of inferior copycats but it's a dynamic that feels uniquely Nasu's style and I like it a lot. :)

Related, one thing I also felt was very "Type-Moon" in terms of art style is "Casually conservatively dressed heroines": Shiki, Saber, Arcuid, kinda sooorta Tohsoka, her red shirt covers a decent amount compared to a lot of anime today. It's something I *like* and find refreshing from TM and why some of the FGO Servant designs are just blergh and are disappointing, they abandon what I considered to be TM's signature 'style'.

Yeah as Takeuchi's style evolved and improved, the female characters looked very appealing without having to cater to anyone's preferences and they dressed and are drawn with consideration to how clothes work most of the time. Shiki has my favorite design because it's so striking without having to resort to fanservice which is a problem in FGO and in other anime related media.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

big titties are cool and badass

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Compendium posted:

Yeah as Takeuchi's style evolved and improved, the female characters looked very appealing without having to cater to anyone's preferences and they dressed and are drawn with consideration to how clothes work most of the time. Shiki has my favorite design because it's so striking without having to resort to fanservice which is a problem in FGO and in other anime related media.

Shiki also apparently wears a really expensive tailored kimono for her to be able to fight the way she does in it, which is a nice detail.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

Maybe.

But the real question is when can I get a five star Astolfo?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Maybe.

when you pump two grails into astolfo after rolling them

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

e: One thing I look forward to with NA FGO is that because I can finally fully read and understand the game, plus my existing experiences, I should be able to be waaaay more effective even with 3*'s+Welfare 4*'s then I ever could with JP FGO.

e2: Do we have a steamgroup? Do we want one? Would we just join whichever one Reddit comes up with or are they sufficiently cancer that we don't want to do that?

I went ahead and made a Discord for people to use. Reddit is a handy source for info, but it's also full of cancerous MRAs and people who like girls that are more than just a little too young. I figure a goonchat will be much better at providing relevant information without needing to sort through the junk.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
There might be a Saber Astolfo eventually. He is one of Charlemagne's Knights after all.

e: Dunno if we're going to be doing fanart in the thread, but here's something I found which is good.

Something about this reversal is really endearing.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 24, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Everyone please use Cu Chulainn. He is a good boy and deserves his wish of fighting endless battles against incredible foes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just as an FYI a rep on the Facebook page said the game is dropping tomorrow on the stores at 9pm PDT, meaning the game is coming out on the 26th for east coast people like me. I would still recommend checking throughout tomorrow to see if they go back on it, but you'll know.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Maybe.

He'll probably be a servant this year for the swimsuit servants

Meaning you'll see him in 2019

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
do your breast beam

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Why would you want to pick D'eon over hurk if you roll Zhuge?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Endorph posted:

This.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Why would you want to pick D'eon over hurk if you roll Zhuge?

Roll Waver and the rest of your team literally doesn't matter. Waver-Mashu results at level 10 being able to almost always having their defence buffs up; so you can slot in almost anyone else to get through content.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Captain Baal posted:

Just as an FYI a rep on the Facebook page said the game is dropping tomorrow on the stores at 9pm PDT, meaning the game is coming out on the 26th for east coast people like me. I would still recommend checking throughout tomorrow to see if they go back on it, but you'll know.

gently caress! I work Monday!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Roll Waver and the rest of your team literally doesn't matter. Waver-Mashu results at level 10 being able to almost always having their defence buffs up; so you can slot in almost anyone else to get through content.
you, uh, probably want an offensive character to go with those two, unless you love taking 6 hours to kill a trash mob

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pureauthor posted:

Everyone please use Cu Chulainn. He is a good boy and deserves his wish of fighting endless battles against incredible foes.

I will be using him.

As a Caster.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Endorph posted:

you, uh, probably want an offensive character to go with those two, unless you love taking 6 hours to kill a trash mob

Oh boy do I ever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I'll pretty much be happy with any servants I get, as long as I can get my extremely good boy Iskandar.
Now if they had one where he's wearing his preorder bonus t-shirt I'd drop a ton of summons on that alone.